PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Cardea's Something to Leave Behind - IC

Cardea
2010-10-25, 07:50 AM
OOC Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9626402)
{table=head]Character|Player|Race|Classes // Classes
Aclop (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248595)|Starsign|Human Gravetouched Ghoul|Druid // Noble Guardian / Death King (Unliving)
Canas (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248432)|Ryuuk|Human|Binder // Sorcerer / Anima Mage / Divine Oracle
Lolita Alseid (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=9515)|Cogidubnus|Nymph|Nymph / Heirophant // Sorceror / Mage of the Arcane Order / Loremaster
Ariana Selzar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248836)|Kobold-Bard|Grey Elf|Wizard / Master Generalist / Archmage / Epic Hero // Warlock
Gyrenar (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=42058)|Niezck|Illumian|Cleric / Sublime Rogue / Knight Vindicator / Shadowbane Stalker // Beguiler / Fighter
Har Granflec (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=247089)|Chambers|Dwarf|Heroi c Fighter // Revised Samurai
Eiryha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=249088)|Vael|Phrenic Warforged|Psychic Warrior // Psion / Crystal Master / Thrallherd / Epic Hero
Arodel (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=42061)|Magicyop|Wild Hunt|Wild Hunt / Agent Retriever /Monster of Legend // Sublime Way Ranger
Tevesh Lanam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=259041)|Dorizzit|Evolved Undead Lich|Dread Necromancer//Wizard/Mage of the Arcane Order/Epic Hero[/table]

A letter had arrived. It was presented by what you know to be a Homunculus, judging from its nature that is ever so similar to the man whose name is emblazoned on the piece of parchment; Grand Mage Archimaeus. The metal hound that delivered the paper barks once, before turning around and going the way it came. The paper is a large seal on it in wax; a cup filled to the brim with fire, over the arcane symbol for knowledge, 'Da'. You speak a command word given to you ages ago, one that was entrusted to you by the Grand Mage, when it came to his messages. The seal dissolves away, and you open the paper to read:

"I am sending this to the nine of you; you know who you are. I hope Daimetes finds you all in good health and good standing in the world. I am sending this message to summon your attention to a matter that... disturbs me, the world and the general populace greatly. I will speak more when you get here, but until then, keep this message quiet and hidden and on your person.

You will find me in the Tower of Matthews, its current location off the coast of Jeybrim Isle. You will find the reason for this far distance when you arrive.

And for those of you who feel like teleporting here: Make sure you arrive at a minimum distance of one mile away. I still have not configured the defenses properly, and I do not want to wait for you to return from wherever Plane you wind up in."

@Vael
Your letter continues as follows: "And to my dearest Eiryha, we have much to discuss."
@Chambers
Your letter continues as follows: "I must talk to you on two issues when you arrive, so please stick around once I am done talking with Eiryha about her condition."

Cogidubnus
2010-10-25, 08:00 AM
Lolita

Lolita frowns slightly upon receiving the letter. She hadn't finished drawing her Nymph powers when the messenger disturbed her.

"Oh well. He can wait until I'm done."

Lolita finishes her meditative ritual, then walks over to a nearby plant, lays her hand on it, and vanishes.

One of my prepared spells will be Transport Via Plants, which I'll use to get as close as I can, then walk the rest of the way. I'll put others up later.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-25, 08:17 AM
Ariana stubbed out her cigarette as she finished reading the letter.

"It's alright for some, you actually got to be Grand Magus without your mind blowing up. Lucky git. Seren, come."

With that word an owl with blue feathers flies down from the rafters and perches on her head.

"SHOULDER! SHOULDER! How many times must I tell you not to use my scalp as a bench. Idiot bird."

"Ah shut up or I'll give you a claw massage" it said back in a weird voice that sounded like wind chimes.

With that she collected Supremacy from her table as well as her spellbook. Satisfied she shifted herself and Seren into the Fey Wylds, walking through the everchanging, distorted forests. After 4 steps she gave a small salute to the huntsmen that few by and re-entered reality. Letting Seren free she also took to the air and flew at a leisurely pace towards the Tower.

---------------
Greater Teleport from Dark Transient Epic Warlock Feat.
Fell Flight (60ft: Perfect) from there.

Haven't done my spells/day yet, but I have unlimited uses of my selected 0-2 lvl spells so off the top of my head I'll have at least Endure Elements & Protection from Arrows up.

AmberVael
2010-10-25, 08:38 AM
Eiryha

The girl takes the message from its bearer with routine disinterest, breaking the seal and scanning through its contents, which were unusually vague. Not enough for her to understand the mission at hand, but perhaps this was something that needed to be said in person.

Destination plotted 1.1 miles out from the Tower of Matthews.
Archive spoke out across their link, not needing to discuss the relevant information.
I have a return point ready for instant use.
Reports Archon. Her implication was clear to the other two- this could be a trap, to which both of them silently agreed. The chance was small, but you wouldn't get anywhere by only considering the most probable course of events.

With Eiryha's silent assent, Archive manifested her power. Spirals of clockwork wrapped around them and the target destination, then reversed direction, whirling Eiryha to a comfortable location relatively nearby the Tower in question, a precise distance just a little beyond one mile. As soon as her feet touch the ground, Eiryha uses her own talents to lift off the ground and fly the rest of the distance.

Archive manifests Greater Teleport, utilizing her absurd Knowledge Geography to get them in precisely 1.1 miles outside of the Tower (the increased distance used to account for any possible error or danger).
15 power points.

Archon is keeping ready a second Greater Teleport until otherwise noted, so she can get them out of danger instantly.

Eiryha has manifested Overland Flight to fly the rest of the way to the tower.
11 power points.

Ryuuk
2010-10-25, 09:30 AM
Canas

Canas takes the letter, gives it a quick read, and returns to his desk with little sign of concern. He folds it back again after taking a seat and places it off to the side. As if nothing had happened, he turns back to the other items on his desk, a fist sized gemstone and an ancient scroll written in a language that died long ago.

There were two other… creatures in the room. At the center floats a massive red dragons head. Covered in flames, it stares in disbelief at the open door the homunculus just left through with fury filled eyes. Closer to the exit lay a three headed dog. One of the heads was barking at the homoculus as it left, the other snickered as it turned to the dragon and the last seemed to be trying to sleep. This one seems to get the body moving and heads over to Canas. It speaks in a surprisingly eloquent and amiable voice.

Anything important Cana-

How dare that… that thing interrupt me!

... Mighty rude, wasn’t it? You know what, I say we break it.

YES, burn it! Leave nothing but ashes!

"Stop encouraging him. Now, can we get back to the matter at hand Ashardalon? It looks like I have a meeting soon."

Bah, pathetic...

He would have done it for the green hag you know.

"Just shut up Naberius"

All of the hounds heads began to laugh.

Alone in his office and apparently talking to himself, he examines the gem and the scroll carefully, regularly looking up to the empty space in the center of the room. Eventually, he takes a deep breath and begins reading the scroll aloud.

I'll teleport over there after I cast the limited wish I'd promised.

Limited Wish: I wish for this gem to protect me like it would have done the mighty Ashardalon. Embed it within me and let it fortify my body.

For reference:
Gemstone of Fortification: This large, faceted stone
must be embedded in a creature’s hide to function. True
dragons can accomplish this with ease, since they routinely
embed gems in among the scales of their bellies. Other creatures
have a more difficult time of it, requiring at least a limited
wish, at the DM’s discretion.

MikelaC1
2010-10-25, 10:41 AM
The two hounds were not used to being ignored, however the two figures in bed seemed to pay them no mind. Finally they barked, and with a sigh, Linteshar rolled over to the one on her side of the bed.
You have a lousy sense of timing, do you know that?
Briefly she scanned the letter, thinking to herself, typically vague, as always.
She felt, more than saw, Gyrener get up, clearly his message had been the same. She watched as he began to get ready to travel, but she was in mood for that, just yet anyway.
You can spend a little bit of time, come back to bed, dear...punctuating the last with her powerful suggestion ability.

Quite some time later, two figures popped into view, a few miles away from the Tower of Matthews on Jeybrim Isle. Linteshar looked for a moment at her traveling companion.
You should take a moment to straighten up, you look rather disheveled. I wonder how in the world that could have happened.
Wrapping him in her arms, her wings unfurled, flying them the rest of the distance to the Tower.

Niezck
2010-10-25, 10:45 AM
How about I show you how later? With a wink, the Illumian sets about fixing his clothes and hair, ever-aware of his appearance as a man of his status would be.

I'll add a list of my known cleric spells to my first OOC post.

Magicyop
2010-10-25, 12:40 PM
Arodel the Hunter

Arodel sits in silence, staring at the letter for a moment. This could be a challenge... and he was always up for a challenge. After a moment, he crumples the letter in his left gauntlet and stands up, tossing the scrap of parchment into the bonfire. He raises his fist to the sky and in a moment, he is sitting on his horse, Gale, who is shaggy grey and has sparks trailing from its eyes. He extinguishes the fire, and then begins to ride into the air. After a moment, he and his horse transform into a spear of smoke, which eventually dissipates.

About a mile from the tower, a storm begins to unfold. Rain pours down steadily, with thunder and lightning crackling overhead. A dark shape flits from between the clouds and lands on the ground, in the middle of a steady gallop. Arodel rides on.

OOC: I use Ride the Storm to Greater Teleport one mile from the tower, and then make Gale run to close the remaining mile in about 12 seconds.

Chambers
2010-10-25, 01:18 PM
Har Granflec

Not a year had passed since Har lead the dwarfs home. The few tribes of orcs that remained scattered over the plains and hid, but Har had larger problems to deal with. The return of the dwarfhold was a solid foundation that the dwarfs could cling to, but within the halls and caverns the taint of the demon could still be felt. Emotions were wild and unpredictable, the malign lingering presences infecting the dwarfhold and twisting their thoughts.

The Court of Elders sessions’ were usually somber and long-winded but since the return the meetings had been short, canceled early due to wild outbursts of anger and rage among the Elders. Where in the past the Elders would bury their opponents in a mountain of words and subtle digs, now blades were drawn and blood was spilled in the sacred chamber.

Har stood up from this chair on the dais in the Court chambers. “ENOUGH!” He shouted, his voice echoing back against the stone walls. The two dozen elders in the chamber froze where they were, loosely separated into two groups. Lady Hurlon led one half and the other half stood behind Lord Felane. Both Lord and Lady had their blades drawn, held a hairs breadth from the others throat.

Har slammed the end of his naginata into the stone floor. “Enough! There will be more blood in this chamber. The dwarf that chooses to disobey this command will answer directly to me.” He stared out at the elders, daring them. One by one the elders blinked and stood down, their heads lowered in shame, all except for the Lord and Lady, their eyes locked on the others, their blades unwavering. “Lady Hurlon. Lord Felane. Sheathe your weapons and cease this madness.” Lord Felane moved his blade back and a moment later Lady Hurlon did the same. They sheathed their blades, still glaring at each other.

Har sighed and sat down on his throne. “Can you not feel it, brothers and sisters? The spirit of the demon has tainted our home and drives us against each other.” He looked out at the faces of the elders, heads down in thought and sadness. “We will not succumb to this attack.” He says his voice strong. “Trust in yourselves and hold to your oaths. The demon has no power over us that we do not give him.”

He brought his hand to his face and rubbed his eyes. “We will try again tomorrow. Go home and rest. Guard your hearts.” He stood up straight and all the elders stood and bowed low to him. “I dismiss this court.” He says, nodding to the dwarf. The elders left, murmuring and talking to each other in low voices. Lady Hurlon shot Lord Felane a hateful glare and stormed out of the chamber.

Lord Felane fell in step with Har as they left. “My king, please allow me to apologize for my actions. I…I do not know what came over me.” The old dwarf grimaced as they walked to Hars residence. “This is a thing that we have not fought before. Give us time, my liege. We will find a way to cleanse our home.”

Har nodded. “Yah. I have hardly seen Nor since we’ve returned. I have not wanted to disturb him in his work.” Har stopped outside the door to his chambers, the guards coming to attention. “If you want to help, then go find my brother and tell him to come visit his younger sibling.” Har smiled. “I have need of his advanced wisdom.” He said.

Lord Felane smiled and bowed to Har. “It shall be done, sire.” Har nodded and Felane turned away. Pushing the door open Har sighed. Perhaps I can get some rest before he finds him. He stopped just past the threshold, his gaze turning from the soft bed to the homunculus waiting next to it. He sighed again and walked over, eyeing his bed. Later. I’ll sleep later.

When Nor came in to his room he found Har sitting at his desk, the letter laying on it. He came in with a smile on his face but quickly dropped it as Har motioned to the letter. “What is it brother?”

Har sighed. “More time away from my bed, that’s what it is.” He shook his head. “The Order has requested my help for something. I need to leave at once.” He pushed his chair back and stood up. “Help me with my armor?”

Nor nodded and they walked over to the armor stand against the far wall. Har changed from his court attire into his traveling clothes. Heavy leather boots, brown leather breeches, thick shirt under his breastplate, short cape attached at the shoulders. Nor tightened the straps around the back. “How long do you think you’ll be gone? Last time you left home it was a long time returning…” Nor said, half-smiling.

Har shook his head. “I cannot say. They did not say what the task was, but if it was simple they would have taken care of it themselves.” Flexing he tested the fit. “Good. The kings blade, please.”

“You are the king, brother.” Nor said as he carefully took down the old kings katana, resting in its mithral wrought sheathe. “Yah, but it is not my blade. It does not shine for me.” He drew the blade halfway out of its scabbard, the adamantine surface etched with dwarven runes. “I carry it as a symbol only, so that we may never forget what happens to oath-breakers. So that I may never forget.” Sliding it back into it’s sheathe he grips his naginata and places his other hand on Nor’s shoulder. “Let me speak to them.”

Nor grimaced and placed his hand against the stone wall. He muttered in a low voice, an ancient incantation known to the dwarfhold High Priest and King. His eyes rolled back and they clouded over gray. He nodded at Har.

“I have a message for you all.” He said, and his words traveled through Nor into the wall, to reverberate and sound throughout the dwarfhold. “The Order has requested my help, and I go to fulfill my oath to them. I cannot say how long I will be gone.”

He paused, looking at his brother in the trance. “I leave the High Priest, my brother, Nor, to lead in my stead. He knows my heart, and I his, and what he says true I will hold to on my return. Trust in yourselves…do not let this trouble overwhelm you. There is strength in our honor. Embrace your oaths and live in their protection. I have spoken.”

Har took his hand of his brothers shoulder and Nor slowly came out of his trance. “I must go brother. Walk me to the rune circle?” Nor nodded, wiping away the sweat that had appeared on his brow. They left Har’s residence and walked to the temple. The dwarfs in the hallways stood aside, bowing low and ceasing their whispers as the King and the Priest walked by. Inside the temple they went to the circle of dwarven runes chiseled into the floor, each rune then filled with mithral. The letters shined bright as Har stood inside. Nor stood outside and fed power into the circle.

They looked at each other, held their gazes for a moment, needing no words to say goodbye. The runes shined brighter and a sheet of silver sprang up in a circle around Har. The glow surrounded and enveloped him and it took him from the circle, flying through space as a silver blur. The glow spread out and faded away, leaving him standing on a road, a mile away from the tower. He waited a moment to settle his stomach from the travel, then hitched up his pack and started walking.

Used Teleport Circle: Plot Device to get outside the mile from the Tower. :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-25, 02:44 PM
This is nothing...
[roll0]

As Ariana flies to the tower she spots the winged woman carrying the male Human-ish.

"Howdo. I take it you're heading the same way as me, Tower of Matthews?

Starsign
2010-10-25, 04:06 PM
Aclop sheathed his greatsword as the many trolls that had attacked him lay unconscious. "If I am correct, those wounds should take a few hours to heal, more than enough time to get away, cover our tracks, and the town would have it's defenses ready..." he told his dire wolverine companion Clopis, who had just come back from scouting the barren land that they currently stood in. Nothing but the town a few hundred meters back was in sight. Aclop took a look at the letter he recently received from the homunculus. He thought upon the sender."Archimaeus? The Grand Sage from the Arcane Order?" Archimaeus was not a familiar name to the ghoul, he had only heard it once. Once from an Illumian named Gyrenar...

Deciding that it'd be best worth perusing this invitation. Aclop and Clopis head back to the city to patch up and prepare. The townsfolk, while wary of the ghoul, thanked him for his arrival against the large horde of trolls. Once ready, the dire wolverine climbed on to his ghoulish master and gripped his shoulder tightly. "Hang on," Aclop simply said as he took off at an incredible pace towards the tower.

Cardea
2010-10-25, 06:30 PM
@Canas
The gem slams into your chest, and begins to... root itself across your body. Across your chest, you can see trails of the gem spread across, as the main part sinks deeper. You almost lose your breath as you can feel it engulfing your heart; not so much replacing it, but so much as fusing to it, turning it into a living crystal. On your chest, while the gem roots are no longer there, lie deep purple scars.

[Roll me a DC 42 Will Save.]
One by one, each of you make your way across the last stretch of land to the Tower of Matthews. In Aclop's case, it is a gradual change in scenery, where to everyone else it is a sudden one. To Aclop, the change is from lush forests and rivers, to a seemingly never ending stretch of grassland, which everyone else finds themselves in when they teleport. Whether by flight or by ground, you begin to recognize each other;whether it be from stories or from past jobs together, you are glad to see them. After a twenty minutes of travel, the grasslands stop at cliff-point. The land rises several hundred feet off of the top sea level, but a few hundred meters away from the cliff stands a tower.

The tower in question looks very out of place. It rests on a small piece of land, probably once part of the mainland, but splitting off for whatever reason, took hold a distance away from it. At its base, there are thousands of purple, glowing runes, forming circles around it. The tower itself looks like its made of a metal, and the roof is crown shaped; made out of a brighter material, which you could swear is gold. Around the tower float hundreds of human-sized columns, all of which leave behind a white trail. The door, which is somehow.... shifting, is a mass of black metal square plates, which move over, under, across and between each other.

All of a sudden, they stop their movement, and fly out towards the cliff edge you stand upon. They form together, locking, and one by one form a huge bridge of black metal. Where they were, a large opening stands, from which walk out several metal hounds, who bark in excitement at the sight of you.

Niezck
2010-10-25, 06:49 PM
"Ah, Ariana, how lovely to see you again. And Might I say, how particularly good you look today."

At the last part, the Illumian flinches as Linteshar clearly jabs him slightly.

"Yeah, we're going to see the Grand Mage."

Gyerenar makes idle chatter, getting another jab or two from Linteshar, as they approach the tower. Upon seeing the bridge form, he smiles and says "Oooh, fancy!" before walking across, petting the mechanical dogs as they come closer.

Ryuuk
2010-10-25, 06:50 PM
Canas

The save is in the OOC thread. A Natural 1 (33), rerolled into a 43 by the Luckblade.

AmberVael
2010-10-25, 07:00 PM
Eiryha

With a precise and delicate motion Eiryha lands at the tower's base, taking in her full surroundings and the various others who were arriving. Quite a number of people, really, at which she feels a little resentment. Did she always need oversight and guidance? Hadn't she proved herself over and over? Her metal hand clenches into a fist at her side.

Be calm, Eiryha. The archmage expressed great concern over this issue- the people may not be here because of you.
Archon's thought flicks to her soothingly.
My presence should be sufficient! He doesn't need all of them too!

Despite her protest, Eiryha allows Archon to quietly soothe her. She vents a little by giving Linteshar and Gyerenar a blue eyed glare as she passes by them, singling them out for no other reason than that they were the closest to her.

Starsign
2010-10-25, 07:19 PM
Aclop gets a look at the other people. Arodel and Gyerenar were both there. He walked up to the Illumian and said, "Hmm... to meet you and Arodel here... Coincidence, or fate?" Clopis backed away from the mysterious thief.

Seeing the hounds coming, Aclop was the first to meet them, asking in the nature language, "We have come invited by the Grand Sage Archimaeus. Will we be meeting him now?" Clopis ran over to try and converse with the hounds as well.

Niezck
2010-10-25, 07:21 PM
"Fate, coincidence, damn bad luck, it's all the same to me!" He says with a large grin, patting Arodel on the shoulder as they walk together.

A thought at the back of his mind stirred, clearly if these two were here along with himself, Linteshar and all of the others, this must be important! For the Grand Mage to summon some of the finest along with Gyerenar himself, master assassin, this task must be insurmountable!

Chambers
2010-10-25, 07:24 PM
Har

So I was not the only one to receive a letter. Good. Har greets his fellow traveler with a short nod. "For those I have not met, I am Har Granflec, King of Dwarfhold. I am pleased that the Grand Mage Archimaeus has allegiances that spread across the world, to draw upon many strengths when he has need of them."

He gazes at the tower and floating white blocks, steps back without thought when the metal bridge forms. "Our host is mighty indeed. I hope you all have steeled yourselves for whatever task we are to attend to, for I do not believe he would call us for a simple or mundane matter."

Walking across the bridge he looks over the edge and then back at the land. He inhales deeply, the salt breeze strong around him. Ah...I have almost forgotten what you felt like. He shakes his head and approaches the hounds, letting them smell him before going into the tower.

MikelaC1
2010-10-25, 08:33 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar seems to float along beside Gyerenar, she seems to smirk a bit at his flirting, although she does give him a playful jab now and then. By the look on her face, you can tell she does not mean it. She also seems oblivious to the glare of Eiryha.
Im more than ready for a little action she smirks at Gyerenar Or at least action of a different kind
She walks beside her companion, patting the dogs on the head as she passes by.

Ryuuk
2010-10-25, 08:34 PM
Canas

As the gem buries itself deeper, Canas’s muscles tighten. He tries to endure it for as long as he can, but when the pain is at its peaks he lashes out and screams. He breaks his chair’s arms as he stands up, trying to keep his hands from clawing their way into his chest. He blacks out briefly, but when the pain subsides, he finds himself hunched over his desk and breathing slowly. Scrolls and tomes litter the floor and he finds that the short sword had left his side and sheathed itself into his desk. It had a fading glow that he was much too familiar with. So it’d been close.

Good show, good show; that brought back memories! It is only a small rock though, I’m sure you can find something more fitting!

A knife perhaps? Speaking of which, what would have happened if you didn’t have it? Or better yet, if it hadn’t been enough? You lost control you know, and with that thing in your hands… THAT would have been a show!

The two start cackling madly.

“Hehe, you’d have lost your door… Hehe.”

A shame, a shame…

But we wouldn’t have lost YOU.

Eventually, Canas cracks a smile and joins the other two in the festivities. None of them notice their audience.

“I wonder, do they make you do it or do you want to die?”
“I wonder, do they make you do it or do you want to die?” A black haired woman was sitting on top of the beams across the ceiling, legs crossed. She was looking down from there, as Canas laughed and talked to himself. Her voice seems to bring him to his senses. She jumps down, spreading a pair of wings before hitting the floor for a graceful landing. She stares at him.

He gives her a weary smile. “I think it may be a bit of both. How long have you been up there? You know you’re not to come into my office.”

“Bah, you where screaming like a madman, I thought I might be of use. Of course, you were also swinging that thing around blindly, so I just waited until you calmed down. I can’t let my beloved teacher die, you’re like a father to me!” Her tone was venomous and sarcastic. She gave him an innocent smile when she sees the look he gives her. “Not until our terms are completed, of course.”

“Of course…” Whatever joy success had brought him quickly drained away. “Just clean this mess up Serah. It looks like I’m being summoned, seems important, so I don’t know how long I’ll be away. You can use my notes, just keep practicing. Take care of the place.” As he speaks he mends the hole in his shirt and sheaths the shortsword.

“As you wish master.” Her mocking tone continues, now accompanied by an exaggerated bow. “May I just ask you a question? Why would you tamper with your heart?”

After a moment of silence, he shrugs. “Honestly, I didn’t expect to.”

She smiles, shaking her head. “You’re a fool then.”

“I know.”

Alright, Greater Teleport to a bit more then 1 mile from the Tower, Then persistent Lord of the Sky (Through Vestige Metamagic) + Wings of Swift Flying for a 24 hour 100ft (Good) Fly speed.

I never heard back about the saving through, so if there are any problems with the above, I'll change it Cardea

Magicyop
2010-10-25, 08:57 PM
Arodel the Hunter

Arodel lets loose a booming laugh. "Derek. Gyrenar. I take it you were sent a letter as well? It is good to be fighting along familiar faces." He leaps off of Gale, who disappears into grey mist. As he passes the metal hounds, he commands them to heel, firmly but without anger.

Starsign
2010-10-25, 09:21 PM
Aclop takes a turn away from the hounds after his conversation with them to turn to his former partner. His voice was stoic, yet somehow sincere. "It is good that we've come together again. I just hope this is not some absurdly elaborate trap" Arodel and Gyrenar could notice something different since their last meeting. Aclop's arms now had scales and seemed somehow... outlandish. They seemed for flexible than it should normally, his arms were quite noticeable in a crowd unless Aclop had some sort of garment covering it. Aclop didn't seem to mind the change however.

Ryuuk
2010-10-25, 10:17 PM
Canas

Good to see it's still beating, things would have gotten much duller if it had stopped. You would have too, if you'd have followed us.

"Really, that much of a change?"

Yeah, all the new ones take a while to adjust, then they either stop thinking or go mad.

"I think I wouldn't have made it? That's insulting."

No, I think you would have gone mad, we're all mad there. No one's as interesting as they were in life, just look at Acerack or Ashy. Its sad really.

"So it seems... There it is. There's 7 there, guess I was almost the last one."

Holding everyone up, you should be ashamed! Aah, a few lookers, trying to replace her already? I notice you haven't gotten nearly as personal with her as with you other guest- Ooh, what's that one's deal?

"That girl's... had some bad luck. Ah, and Aclops is here too, Gaia's gonna be unbearable... Shut up for a bit, will you?"

As he lands, the grinning hound is already standing there, waiting. It follows in his wake.

Landing before the bridge, Canas starts making his way to the group. "...and that's eight, sorry about the delay. Has our host made his appearance yet?" He greets the group in general terms, though he does, at least, meets Aclop, Linteshar, and Gyrenar with a smile and a nod of acknowledgment as colleagues.

MikelaC1
2010-10-25, 10:37 PM
LINTESHAR

No, our host hasnt shown himself, but judging by the number of people hes summoned, and our general skill level... she looks at Gyerenar it must be a real threat. Gy and I dont work cheap, after all.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-25, 11:19 PM
... "Our host is mighty indeed...

Ariana

"Meh, being Grand Magus isn't so hard, if I hadn't gone crazy with magic addiction and burned my hometown to ashes it probably would hve been me in the fancy tower. Who knew there was a mental health restriction on qualifying.

As she lands she lights another cigarette by way of Prestidigitation, stubbing it out and tossing the remains over the edge (and watching it fall with a tiny sploosh) before masking the scent with that if a fading pine forest and reclaiming her owl.

Chambers
2010-10-25, 11:44 PM
Har

The dwarves red eyebrows raise slightly, then nods. "There are some truths in what you say." He says to Ariana. "Being the Grand Magus is probably not as hard as earning the honor in the first place. You yourself recognize that, and that is wise indeed, to admit one's own shortcomings."

He smiles and slowly waves his hand over his head. "I myself have many shortcomings, but I do not let them bother me."

Hmm...a condescending compliment and a self-deprecating short joke. I'm still trying to find Har's balance between serious and lighthearted. I don't want him to act like a stick up the butt paladin all the time...but he's not a practical joker either.

Probably just stick with the short cracks for now. :smallsmile:

Cogidubnus
2010-10-26, 04:41 AM
Lolita

Seeing Eiryha, Lolita walks over to speak to her.

"Hello. My name is Lolita. I've heard a lot about you, but have always been denied the pleasure of working with you. I hope we may be friends yet."

And she gives a little curtsey.

MikelaC1
2010-10-26, 08:04 AM
LINTESHAR

Noticing the nymph for the first time, the succubus watches her, perhaps trying to size her up, or perhaps seeing her as a potential rival....

AmberVael
2010-10-26, 08:28 AM
Eiryha

As soon as the nymph addresses Eiryha, Archon reacts; her mental voice practically a hiss a she speaks to the other two.
I don't like her. Just ignore her.
Recollections indicate that she is a studious and productive member of the Order, known for her capability with the combination of natural and inherent magic.
Archive chimes in factually, though Archon and Eiryha recognize it as the defense it is.

Unfortunately for Lolita, Eiryha's mood makes her more inclined to agree with Archon- but the nymph's natural charm aids her enough that Eiryha doesn't instantly turn her away. She is obviously not very happy, however.
"Work with me? I don't have coworkers, I have watchdogs. Is that what you meant?"

Niezck
2010-10-26, 08:34 AM
Listening in to the nymph and the warforged, Gyerenar chimes in.

"Ooooh, somebody's a bit up themselves. Are we petty humanoids too weak to work with the almighty power that you are?" With that he scoffs and fakes a bow.

"Your almightyness."

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-26, 08:37 AM
Ariana

"Is rudeness a Warforged trait, or is it just a you trait?"

Ariana flicks the owl on her shoulder, getting a shrill hoot and a peck on the finger for her trouble.

"What have I told you about reading my thoughts you winged vermin. Ignore her, I'm sure you're lovely once people get to know you."

AmberVael
2010-10-26, 08:53 AM
Eiryha

The words of the Illumian and the owl provoke a shudder from Eiryha, and she swiftly draws her cloak over her metal arm and turns her head to the side.
"D-don't talk about me like... like I'm not..."

With a moment more, she relaxes again and stands straighter. Her expression of revulsion and anger fade away into a placid calm, and her eyes appear remarkably empty in comparison to how they were before.
"I believe Eiryha's intention was to convey that the Order only pairs her with others to ensure that she has proper oversight. There is still concern over her condition and how it might detrimentally affect the Order's goals and missions, despite her long record of success."
States Archive, having assumed more direct control.
"She has become increasingly aggravated and upset by this recently."

Cogidubnus
2010-10-26, 08:59 AM
Lolita

Lolita calmly lays a hand on the Warforged's chest, but her voice is icy.

"Do not patronise this woman. She has many reasons for behaving the way she does. If I feel you are causing her undue trouble, I will act in her defence."

Turning back to the woman, she says: "If being your watchdog will bring you to trust me, then that's what I'll be. But I am not here to keep an eye on you - they don't trust me to keep their interests with that. But I am always here to help you."

MikelaC1
2010-10-26, 09:12 AM
LINTESHAR

Moving quickly to ward off any further unpleasantness, Linteshar moves between everyone

Im sure we all have our talents and if we were all summoned, Im sure we're all needed. But lets save the blasting for the enemy and not each other. And speaking of that, lets go find our host, so he can explain and point out the enemy for us.

With that, Linteshar moves back to Gyerenar, putting an arm around his waist.

Chambers
2010-10-26, 09:13 AM
Har

"Hey." The dwarf says, his voice low but carrying, glaring at Gyerenar. "That was uncalled for and you have clearly upset her." He walks over to Eiryha and stands near her but does not touch her. "Not all beings understand what friendship means." He nods to Eiryha. "And some people don't understand what it means to be polite." He says to Gyerenar.

Turning to Eiryha, he says "I trust in the judgement of Archimaeus. If he has deemed you fit to be called upon, then I will join you in service to him."

Cardea
2010-10-26, 09:38 AM
As you step inside the Tower, the floor is barren; except for six large runes, easily ten feet across each. Above each one is a Rune, which you can read as numbers: '10', '20', '30', '50', '80', and '150'. The hounds from outside run in the Tower, as the Black Metal Plates seal up the way you came from. From the Rune labeled '80, an explosion of light comes forth. A man steps forth, and though to most of you he is a familiar face, it is still a fearsome one. Wrinkles dominate his face, and his expression is one of disappointment. He wears slippers, trousers, and a vest, but it is his Robe and Staff that catch your attention. The Robe moves around him, with the edges of it constantly billowing. You think for a second that you can see faces coming out of it, or hands coming out from the edges, but its only for a second that you think it. Its deep blue hue shimmers with the constant movement. The staff itself is an iron rod, with a head that is almost bizarre as the door, or even the robe. A thing of beauty, countless half-circle metal plates twist around, over, under and across each other, all circling a ball of... what appears to be a storm. He is The Grand Mage Archimaeus.

"Saddening." The Old Man calls out, his voice loud and strong, despite his age. "With your Age, your Experience. With the things you have fought and the problems you have conquered, you still squabble like children. And you two." He says pointing at Linteshar and Eiryha. "I asked you to assist me and for your council for the task at hand, yet you want to act like little Girls at a Festival, competing for who has the best dress!" He slams the head of his staff on the ground with punctuation at the last word.

The ball of storm, and the metal plates, break off from the staff. The Ball grows in size, until it takes the form of a full-sized human. The plates shift and extend, and cover most of the new being's body, leaving the hands, mid-torso, and 'head' uncovered, forming a sort of metal shell for it. The head produces two balls of light, which shape themselves into the form of eyes. "Right to be out. Feels good, feels very good. You know, I should get out mor- Seren!" The being says, looking at the Owl. "Oh, its been too long, how have you been?"

"Rodes!"

"Right, of course."

"Rodes will talk to you all in the Room of Observation. When you are all done, do what you think is best; Eiryha and Har, I expect you in my office once he is done talking to you." And with that, he steps into the Portal labeled '150', and with an explosion of light, is gone.

"Well, since he's an impatient old man," Rodes says, half-chuckling, half-laughing. "We should get a move on. If you would?" He gestures towards the portal labeled '80'.

Niezck
2010-10-26, 09:56 AM
Matching Linteshar's arm around his waist with one around hers, Gyerenar leads them to the "80" portal under Rodes' instruction, turning invisible as he does so.

((Only those with either epic spot (Grrr grumble grumble epic spot) or with true seeing etc of caster level 24 or more can see him now. Nothing else works :smallsmile:))

MikelaC1
2010-10-26, 10:01 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar allows Gyerenar to lead her to the portal

I wonder where the other ones go....on second thought, I probably dont want to know

and steps on the 80' portal at the same time as he does

AmberVael
2010-10-26, 10:14 AM
Eiryha

If Eiryha hears anyone come to her defense, she doesn't show any sign of it. But given that Archive is currently in control, this is probably much more understandable.

Archive, being the more emotionless being that she is, appears unfazed by the entire interaction.
"I am sure Eiryha will appreciate your concern when she is in a better mood."
She says diplomatically to the nymph.

And then the archmage enters and speaks his piece.

Damn old fart. If you're flaunting a dress, Eiryha, then he's queen of the ball.
Archon says privately. Though her words might seem like a spiteful insult to anyone else, the mental image of the grand archmage prancing around in a ballroom dress alleviates the sting of his words for Eiryha, which was probably Archon's intention.

Archive quietly follows the others to the portal.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-26, 10:14 AM
Ariana

"Go on, I know you want to" says Ariana with a sigh for the incessant chatter that is soon to follow.

With a hoot Seren jumps off the Wizard's shoulder and flits over to the creature. "Oh the same as ever, I say something innocent, Ana gets in a bad mood and threatens to stuff me, then she feels bad and conjures me a dire rat as an apology. Lather, rinse, repeat. How about you, liking living it up in the big fancy tower while I get stuck in a little cottage.

"So help me I'll leave you in the Wylds if you don't start treating me with some respect you little tennis ball."

With that she steps on the platform.

Magicyop
2010-10-26, 10:33 AM
Arodel the Hunter

Arodel frowns and turns to Gyrenar. "Is he always quite that brief? This had better be worth it." He steps deliberately on to the platform and vanishes.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-26, 11:30 AM
Lolita

Speaking to Archive, she says: "It sounds like I'm speaking to Archive right now. I thought your companions might appreciate the reiteration of this fact - he was wearing his slippers. I wonder if we interrupted someone's nap?"

She then steps into the portal.

Ryuuk
2010-10-26, 12:30 PM
Canas

What a bunch of misfits... The nymph could get you points with Gaia at least, hehe.

"You're looking at some of the most fearsome individuals in the order, believe it or not."

Really? That guy in the dress must be something then.

"You know him as well as I do, but yeah, you don't want to stand against him."

Then this must be important if to for him to call for help.

"Odds are he just has other things to do. Lets go."

"You're looking at some of the most fearsome individuals in the order, believe it or not..." "You know him as well as I do, but yeah, you don't want to stand against him..." "Odds are he just has other things to do. Lets go." Muttering to himself. Canas walks over to portal. He stops before it, his gaze following something unseen as it finally stops at the one marked with '150'.

He shakes his head "Tch..." Before joining the others behind the '80' portal.

Chambers
2010-10-26, 02:49 PM
Har

The dwarf bows low to the Grand Mage. "I apologize for the behavior of my companions, Grand Mage. I will strive to maintain order and discipline within our group."

Har scans the area while his companions step on the rune. That's one...two...three.... The dwarf takes careful note of each as they pass through. Never know when a doppelganger or extra may show up. Waiting for each of them to go he steps on the portal last, his naginata tapping on the stone floor with each step.

Starsign
2010-10-26, 07:53 PM
Aclop keeps quiet as Archimaeus repriends Eiryha and Linteshar. Aclop notices the Grand Sage did not seem surprised or showed any kind of emotion other than his stern face. "Hmm... The Grand Sage hides his emotions well. That or he has seen all by his age," the ghoul thought to himself.

At this point Clopis decided to speak up. "Master, does any of these people look familiar aside from the freak and the wild man?" he asked his master. Clopis could never remember names, even Aclop's. so he sticks with nicknames. The ghoul turned to the dire wolverine, "No, nothing that sparks familiarity. Let's hurry before we get left behind." At that, Aclop follows right behind Arodel into the platform, vanishing instantly. Clopis follows closely behind.

Ryuuk
2010-10-26, 09:42 PM
Canas

"Say what you want, we're not going to follow the Grand Mage into his study."

Why not, he called you here, he should be the one to tell you why.

"Look, he wanted us to go talk to Rodes, he must have his reason. Lets just play along."

...and this lapdog is our master! You make me so proud!

The other two heads begin cackling madly.

"Just quit the act, the sooner this is over the sooner we can get back."

Well, at least grant me this, look who's behind you. If you want to call the green hag, you might want to talk to him first. Wouldn't want a repeat of last time, would you?

"...Just quit the act, the sooner this is over the sooner we can get back..." After a moments silence, Canas turns around to notice Aclop. He nods to himself before stepping towards him.

"Aclop, is it?" He gives him a smile and puts forth a hand to shake. "I'm Canas de Aden, I study ancient seals and pact magic here at the Order. It looks like the Grand Mage wants us working together. Here's to a clean assignment."

"Pardon the intrusion, but I've heard of your condition. There's something I'd like to know..." He pauses, as if trying to find how to phrase it. "...How natural would you consider yourself? Do you think you could make a good case separating you from other undead?"

Starsign
2010-10-26, 10:28 PM
Aclop stops walking to turn to the mage who had called out his name. "Canas... I don't believe I've heard your name before," the ghoul says in a calm tone. "Might you happen to be one of the higher-up sorcerers among the Arcane Order?"

Aclop's stoic face showed a bit of a glare upon being asked about his condition. His tone stayed the same. I ought to be natural, but fate played it's deck their two aces, and the joker." Aclop quickly turns to Clopis who had ran up beside him. "I thought you wouldn't speak about your condition master?" he asked the ghoul, who simply responded, "He is a member of the order I believe. I don't see a good reason why not to hide it from him."

Aclop turned back to Canas an spoke softly...

Canas Only:
"Fate's first joker was the visions, they show me the future, of catastrophes and disasters. They show me where, but not when, and I believed it was my duty to carry it out.

The second ace was the will of the people. I do not know how, but when I save them, I hear their voices, their cries of gratitude gives me strength, makes me strong, and always brings me back from death, even after my original fallout."
Aclop made a small smirk before continuing...

Canas Only:
"The joker was played as a gamble, and the results are my arms. I was attacked by some aberrant creature, it tried to absorb a part of me, somehow. I fought it off, and as irony, I took a bit of it for myself instead."
Aclop stretched his left arm out, showing it extending farther than normal, with the scales stretching along with the arm.

Finished with his explanation, Aclop asked, "Will that be satisfactory enough?"

Ryuuk
2010-10-26, 11:18 PM
Canas

"You are correct. Well, a higher up in my field. It's not a very popular field, but the position lets me enjoy some perks." He shrugs, and gives him an amiable smile as he starts listening to Aclop's answer.

You know, I think you're pretty damn lucky. You see the what, ignore the people's cries and wind up as a mover and shaker. It sees the where, answers their cry and winds up dead over and over and over and over...

He would have continued had Canas not forced him to leave him alone.

Canas's eyes seem to widen at the mention of the first ace. During the second, he asks for a small pause, during which he places an open palm against his chest and closes it as he draws it away. It appears to have yanked something out. A strange seal appears on the back of his hand for an instant, as what appears to be a wisp of smoke leaves it. "Sorry about that, please continue"

Once the tale is finished he closes his eyes. "Yes, I think it will be. So you are what you are now because you helped those who couldn't help themselves. Even now, you do so, despite the hand that fate has dealt you." He nods.

"Thank you. I just needed some arguments. If this is a serious affair, I may need to call on a friend, but she has some strong feeling against those she considers... 'unnatural'. You're words should help me ease her into the behaving."

"Ah, and don't you or your friend worry. If you usually hide your story, I won't tell a soul. Oh, and listen, I think I can relate to your first ace, I've had... similar experiences. You sound like someone I would really like to know, a pleasure to meet you, Aclop." Once again, he offers him a hand and a smile. For a brief instant though, you can see he gaze turn to something behind you. Only for an instant though.

The three headed hound was back, staring at him from a distance. Two of its heads were grinning, while the other looked rather disappointed.

That was rude... and stupid. You know I can always sneak back in Canas. Fine, sorry you know how I get carried away some times.

"Sorry for holding you up, perhaps we should get back to the others."

Starsign
2010-10-27, 06:42 AM
Aclop watched Canas during the pause he requested. Aclop could not comprehend what he did. Responding to Canas's words, the ghoul says, "Becoming a ghoul was of my own foolish choice." He turns to Arodel, who was walking a distance from them. "That man... I met him before, he gave me a warning, I did not take it. This is where I end up now..." He puts a small smile on his face. "Though I have become this, I do not mind it. The power I was given is like a blessing, one that I enjoy."

Aclop turned back to Canas, "This friend of yours wasn't invited was she? I presume that she may be more of a spiritual companion?" He accepts Canas's handshake and smiles back, if only slightly. "Let's hurry" Aclop says as he starts heading with the others.

Clopis wasn't so trusting to Canas however. "Master, I don't think the sorcerer is alone, like there's something spying. Can you really trust that man?" Aclop takes a small sigh as he says "I trust Canas as much as everyone else here. We're all working together on what might be a calamity uprising issue. We just need to play by ear now." Clopis showed dislike, but loyally followed the ghoul.

Ryuuk
2010-10-27, 07:46 AM
Canas

His hands behind him as they walk along, Canas. "Sometimes warnings fall on deaf ears, it happens to us all. Still, they key is what you use you gift for. Don't worry." "Deaf Ears? Ok, sure, that's one way of putting it." Behind him, Naberius followed.

"Hmm... no, she wasn't invited by the Grand Sage, she wouldn't have been able to come on her own either way though. I plan was planing on bringing her though... Yes, spiritual would be a good way to describe it. Right now for example, I have 5 more guests with me in addition to one nuisance that always comes along." He turns to something in the edge of his vision, a space that seems to be empty, a flashes a mischievous smile.

"It's just Gaia I'm worried about. I take it you're not familiar with pact magic? Essentially, I call on beings from beyond and offer them a service. In return, they offer me their strength. I let them experience the world again, through me, but strong entities might wrest some control away. Gaia's strong enough to blur her thoughts with mine, and her wishes become my own. It's a risky field. I'll call her once we set off if the task merits it. It should make things clearer up."

Cardea
2010-10-27, 08:21 AM
The room you appear in is... large. For a minute, you doubt that you are even in the tower anymore, but this is shattered by the fact you are standing on smoothed out stone, with portals labeled '0', '10', '20', '30', '50', and '150, and the ceiling, which is matched up to the ground; smoothed stone and directly above. The walls, however... are ever-shifting. While there is a few feet of brick coming from the ground and from the ceiling, the rest of wall shows images from around the world. Some you recognize, some you don't, and some you never thought were possible. Currently, it seems to be zooming along a coast-line. Rodes stands in the middle of the room, his left hand held out-right, an orb of dark matter in his 'hand'. When you all arrive, he turns around to you all.

"Serious time now, ladies and germs. If you can remember your history lessons from classes when you were a child, you would recall the tale of The Terrible Urdais, who held back the realms of Devils, Demons and Otherworldly Beings away from this Plane and who destroyed half the world in a fit of rage, after losing his only Son, Metres." The image changes to show a man, tall and in his middle age. His hair is thinning out, but what remains is stark black. His face is clean-shaven, barring a goatee and a trimmed mustache. His outfit looks like that of a noble, and is crying silently; his expression stern, but tears run down his face. Behind him, you see a large portion of land crumbling away into nothing; dissolving away. In front of him, you see a younger looking version of him, sprawled on the ground, his eyes shut, his body composed. "His Son taken by the Celestial known only as The Humble One, who deemed his son worthy of testing to obtain ascension to train with Pistis Sophia. But during testing, The Humble One found corruption in him, and struck him down. The problem being, that the Son was not the one who was Corrupted: His Father was, who had become part Devil, part Demon and part of the Far Realms, in his days keeping the portals to those planes closed. It had rubbed off on his Son, who was inevitably killed."

The image changes to show a Hound Archon fighting with the man who was seen dead in the previous vision. The man kept pace with the Celestial, matching kick for block, and every punch for a dodge. The Hound Archon looked pleased, but with no provocation, changed; his skin turned blue, and his eyes turned gold. You can hear a voice ringing out, coming from him: "Only the purest and highest of souls, can train." and with the last word that sentence, laid a palm on Metres' torso, who fell in a slump.

"No doubt, Urdais blamed himself for this turn of events. He collapsed his hold of the Portals, and let loose those beings from the Nine Hells, The Abyss and from the Far Realms, into the continent. But because of that much surge of raw, uncontrollable power, the Continent wasted away."

The image changes to that of The Humble One and Metres fighting once more. "That is the story that is taught to children, however."

MikelaC1
2010-10-27, 09:28 AM
The image changes to that of The Humble One and Metres fighting once more. "That is the story that is taught to children, however."

LINTESHAR

And you wish to tell us a different one?
Linteshar is still standing with her arm around an invisible companion, the effect might be a bit humourous, if you werent sure he was there.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-27, 09:32 AM
Lolita

"Entertain us, then. I wonder how much news your story will be to me. I am a Loremaster of the Order, after all. But go ahead."

Loremaster Lore: Int modifier + Loremaster Level, yes?
[roll0]
Ed: Not quite enough to know obscure knowledge, unless my multiple knowledge skills gives me a synergy.

Ryuuk
2010-10-27, 09:32 AM
Canas

That insufferable cretin... How dare he! To ask for devotion and discipline, but to strike him down on some irrelevant flaw! How dare he... How DARE he! Worthless heathen!

Canas sighed, he knew that voice felt no surprise as as a purple serpent begin to slither around him, eventually leaving its horned faces at his shoulder. When he saw the blue glow in its eyes, he covered his own while he pushed Balam's influence back down.

I wonder, is Urdais the one responsible for what happened to the green hag? The story seems to match up, don't you think? If this has to do with the squid, you might be able to use it to haggle.

He simply tried to ignore them for now, there were too many around and he didn't want to miss anything."Shush"

"Shush..." Standing straight, and with his arms crossed, Canas nods as Rodes speak, as if listening to a familiar tale. For an instant, he puts a hand over his eyes and looks down, as if in thought. He returns to attention shortly after though.

Starsign
2010-10-27, 04:05 PM
Aclop stayed silent as he listened to the story. He had heard such a story when moving around the world in orphanages that adults told the parentless children. Having not heard it until he became a ghoul, Aclop did not know of it. He tried not to think about what the story really was if not what everyone thought they knew. It would be better to let the story unfold on it's own. Clopis had his head at an angle, as if it could not comprehend what was being told.

AmberVael
2010-10-27, 04:11 PM
Eiryha was impatient, but Archive kept hold for now. The story had no relevance as of yet, but she doubted it would have been told to them without purpose. It made no sense to waste time with something irrelevant to the subject at hand, after all.

And so the trio of minds remain silent, waiting for Rodes to get to the point.

Magicyop
2010-10-27, 04:42 PM
Arodel the Hunter

"Why don't you tell us the truth, then, as I take it that this children's tale is not all that we have been brought to listen to." Arodel crosses the room and brushes his hand down the wall. "Words are nothing if they have no meaning, and you have just repeated for us a tale which we all knew. Please, fine host, do continue on, and tell us something that we actually need to know." Though his words are derisive, Arodel keeps his tone polite and measured.

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-28, 05:01 AM
Ariana muses quietly about the story. Seren does not.

"Boooooring. Get to the good part already!

MikelaC1
2010-10-28, 07:05 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar muffles a still audible snicker at the badly behaved owl. She holds up her free hand towards the owl, to see if he will come and land on it.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-28, 07:10 AM
Lolita

While they wait for Rodes to finish his momentary pause, Lolita stretches out an arm. A weasel scurries out of Lolita's sleeve, flowing down her arm before wrapping around her wrist like a bracelet, its head resting in her palm. She cradles her hand gently, holding the tiny animal against her ear, and chuckles slightly as it squeaks to her.

If you happen to have already had magical translation active:

"I was quite enjoying the child's story, actually. Can I have another one?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-28, 08:06 AM
Ariana
The owl (a she) will indeed flit over to Linteshar, settling politely on her arm.

"Traitor" scolds Ariana half heartedly.

MikelaC1
2010-10-28, 11:23 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar strokes the owl's feathers as she waits for Rodes to continue his story. She bends over to whisper to him.
That really was the boring part, wasnt it? Im sure its going to get much more interesting as he does on though
When she finishes, she goes back to stroking his feathers and studying him, you get the impression shes never seen an owl before.

Cardea
2010-10-29, 10:28 AM
Rodes gives those of you with little patience a tired look. "No wonder Archimaeus thinks you're all children. No patience, these days." He waves with his other hand, and it shows The Humble One and Metres fighting again. The view changes, however, and Metres shifts in his form; he grows in size, his eyes warp, with more growing around the first pair. His hair falls out, and his hands become warped and misshapen. From his shoulder blades and spine come forth arms with clawed hands. The Humble One shouts out at him.

"What happened!? You were to train with us! You were going to overcome what you we-" he is cut short by Metres, who overcomes him, devouring his form. He laughs, a deep, guttural disgusting laugh. He begins mumbling to himself. "...Celestials... damn... damn them all... laughing at me?... trying to make me better?... I'm fine... I'm fine as.... I am..." And the image of him stalks off from view.

The scene changes, showing the same piece of land, fast-forwarding over what seems like years. The broken land where they fought burns, grows fauna, burns again, is flooded, grows an entire jungle. The fast-forward image shows various animals of unbelievable forms and shapes. Until finally, the changing image slows down, and comes to a halt.

The image no longer shows an island, but instead Urdais, sitting in a chair, which is resting on four small dots of land. He's resting his head on his interlocked hands, and he has a solemn look about him. He looks up, and then at you. "Hello, old friend." He stands up onto the water, and brushes himself off. "I couldn't find him. For years, I searched, and I couldn't find him, and now... I had to, you see? You see? I had no choice!" He looks away from you, and waves with his hand towards the chair. It dissolves away, and a large portal forms where it was, resting on the surface of the ocean.

"I had no choice, Archie." And Urdais steps into the portal, with it closing behind him. The image changes again, showing the shores outside.

Cogidubnus
2010-10-29, 11:12 AM
Lolita

Lolita seems to have been caught by the gravity of the images. "This...this is big, isn't it? Really big?"

MikelaC1
2010-10-29, 11:44 AM
LINTESHAR

So, in fact, Metris was never destroyed, he destroyed the Humble One instead and has been corrupting the land ever since? And we are to put a stop to it, once and for all?

Starsign
2010-10-29, 11:57 AM
Aclop stayed silent during the time, it all seemed to come together somehow. He had seen a vision of a huge tragedy occur and he knew that this Metris was connected to the whole thing. He walked over to Canas and quietly asked, "Canas, how much of this have you known since joining the order?"

AmberVael
2010-10-29, 12:13 PM
Eiryha

Archive watches impassively, and Eiryha is too sulky to have much of a reaction to the revelation. In some manner, however, they all note and understand what is going, and what work it will likely entail for them. Still, they have no questions which have not been asked by others, or that will likely not be answered in time.

Ryuuk
2010-10-29, 07:51 PM
Canas

Yes... you deserved that. That and so much more... Swelling with pride and arrogance... I did my part! I fulfilled my duty to the bitter end!... Yet you laughed... How you must have laughed as I bled out before the alter... Heathens... Cretins...

With great care, Canas drove Balam's influence back. Slowly, the serpent faded. One of the hound's heads shook, another could hardly contain its laughter and the last looked like it would have shrugged.

She's an odd one, isn't she? Well whatever, let her cry all she wants in the corner, this is getting interesting.

Nodding, Canas looks down in thought before turning to Aclop. "Known for certain? Next to nothing. I've just been nudged towards plenty. The spirits I work with are nothing but shadows of their former selves. They talk, but as they are now... they simply aren't reliable sources." We love you too

"The guest that I mentioned earlier is what remains of the soul of a land that was lost beneath the waves. She's said that the disaster that claimed her was a being 'from beyond', but she's never once mention a being like Metres. Hell, my own research hasn't either, I've even found proof that..." He pauses, turns to the shore and takes a deep breath. Then he shrugs. "You know what? Who knows? Maybe I'm just seeing a link here where there isn't, getting a bit excited. For now, it seems clear the truth behind Metres, the... Humble One and Urdais's actions is important to our task. Guessing beyond that may be in vain, right Rodes?"

Chambers
2010-10-29, 10:12 PM
Har

Standing back in the crowd Har leans on his naginata. Such corruption...there are none who are immune. Reaching down he grips the handle of the kings blade. No matter how much trust we put in them.

Clearing his throat he speaks. "Thank you for this important reminder." He nods his head towards Rodes. "What would the Grand Mage have us do with this information?"

Magicyop
2010-10-30, 11:37 AM
Arodel the Hunter

"It occurs to me to wonder how he acquired such power to kill the Humble One, and why the celestial was unprepared for it." Arodel comments emotionlessly.

Cardea
2010-10-31, 07:45 PM
Faster than your eyes can perceive, Rodes is in front of Lolita, bending down and looking at her. "Gee, really? Really, really? You mean one of the most powerful beings in the world didn't call some other of the most renowned beings of this world for a cup of tea, some light conversation, and perhaps some shopping? Really? Really?" He looks at Linteshar, and shakes his head in... what looks like disgust. "You really are a little school girl, aren't you?" He moves again, this time next to Gyrenar. "But... what does that say about you, you little deviant?"

He walks away from the three of them, shaking his head still. "Honestly. Would have thought better of you people." He glances up, and looks at the other six of you. "Except you all. You're doing fine."

He waves both arms at the wall, and mimics pulling a rope, as the view goes out into the ocean out from the sea. "You'd be right on that, Canas. Since we're throwing a bit of a loop at you. And thank you for asking, Har."

The image on the walls shows a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean, which fluxes in size as you look at it. Its rotation is rapid, and the bottom of it is unseen from the view shown. The view tilts upwards, so that you can look down into the swirling pool of water, and at the bottom is a disc of light, which seems to be sucking in the water around it. "Archimaeus saw this appear several days ago. Its the same portal that Urdais made."

Starsign
2010-10-31, 08:27 PM
Aclop crossed his arms in frustration of this starting to drag on and on. He felt that Gyrenar deserved the criticism, but didn't like the delay. "Get on with it already" he says in his almost emotionless tone. "If this is indeed a serious threat and not some dumb joke you made up," he said trying to insult the guy, "Than you wouldn't be going on trying to delay this meeting while destruction looms closer and closer!"

Niezck
2010-10-31, 08:30 PM
Smirking at Rodes, Gyerenar's hands rest over his shortswords.

Say that again and I might just show you how much of a deviant I really am. A small wink shows either malicious intent or a joyful anticipation, depending on how well you know him.

Cardea
2010-10-31, 08:37 PM
Rodes seems to... flinch, at Gyrenar's suggestion, and carries on to respond to Aclop. "See? That kind of hurts, but I can see what you're gettin' at. No taste for drama, I take it? Ah well. Its lost on most people. Moving on, though."

The elemental stands closer to the wall, and begins scratching on it. Large symbols appear across the wall, much larger than the ones that Rodes seems to be scratching, but for those of you who can see, are the same ones. "Archimaeus has been working for the past couple of days, trying to see whats down the portal, but... this is all he's been seeing." He says, his voice losing its spark, and his mood dampening. "You'd think the old man would be better than this, but..."

Starsign
2010-10-31, 08:50 PM
Growing bored of being toyed with the fool. Aclop started walking towards Rodes. As he walked forward, he started changing. His skin turned to stone, then his legs started melding together. Eventually it became a single tail-like leg that levitated off the ground. Aclop's orange eyes started glowing and many small rocks started circling him. He increased in size too, to a size of 30 ft. The ghoul-turned earth elemental slowly told the half-sized storm elemental,

"Get. To. The. Point."

Chambers
2010-10-31, 09:09 PM
Har

These people.... Har shakes his head. They must be powerful indeed to have survived this long, as rude as they are. He clears his throat and coughs. Taking his weight off the naginata he spins it slowly, once, and leans it against his shoulder, one hand still holding it. "You." He says to Aclop. "You think that is impressive? Please stop with your theatrics and allow the Grand Mages servant to explain what is required of us." He sighs and rubs his eyes with his free hand. "You speak against delays, yet you are delaying us with this tantrum."

"And you..." He says turning his gaze to Gyrenar. "You think to raise a blade against the Grand Mage's servant in the Grand Mage's own home? I do not know what I cannot believe more; your incredible rudeness or massive stupidity."

Niezck
2010-10-31, 09:22 PM
((Just to point out, he IS still invisible, so CL 24 divinations or obscure stuff like mindsight will see him, not much else.))

Glancing at the dwarf, Gyerenar takes offence at the man's words. "Raise my blade? I did no such thing! You should considering your words before you speak them, master dwarf. My fingers touched upon my swords, no more, no less. And I'll have you know it is neither rudeness nor stupidity, merely pride. I'll have no trumped up elemental insulting me and judging my decisions."

Chambers
2010-10-31, 10:18 PM
Har

Looking in the direction of Gyerenar's voice, Har raises an eyebrow. "How am I to know in what manner you showed your threat? For some reason you choose to hide yourself among your companions." He shrugs. "Your words were a threat, and a warrior of your skill should know what readied hands mean to an opponent. Or perhaps I presume too much."

He glances over at Rodes, then back to the empty space he's talking to. "And pride...pride is the weakest excuse of all. Pride is a shackle to be loosened." He snorts and turns back to Rodes. "Please, sir, continue."

Starsign
2010-10-31, 10:22 PM
Clopis listened in annoyance of this small, stout dwarf. As he finished his criticisms, the dire wolverine walked up to the dwarf, who was about his sized, and quietly spoke. "You act like you put yourself above the others. What claims do you have that make yourself a paragon of purity to all else?!" Clopis was speaking in Aclop's defense, but it came out more as an insult to the dwarf, which it kind of was.

Chambers
2010-10-31, 10:43 PM
Har

And their animals speak nonsense as well... Har turned to the beast in front of him. "I have made no claims of purity, though if you name me as paragon perhaps you recognize the distinction without needing me to argue it." He locks gazes with the beast. "The list of my accomplishments is not what is needed. Instead, a list of what I have not done. I have not insulted our hosts servant, nor threatend him. I have not thrown a tantrum when the reason for my being called here was not immediately explained. I also have not raced ahead to my own conclusions about what the Grand Mage requires of us."

He takes a deep breath and holds it in for a moment, slowly exhaling. "I am here at the behest of the Grand Mage, as are you. Perhaps instead of bickering amonst ourselves, we should listen to his servant and learn what he would have us do?"

Ryuuk
2010-10-31, 11:51 PM
Canas

Taking a deep breath, Canas tries to focus on the symbol. He tries to compare to any known languages, magical runes, even seals. As the mood seems to grow tenser, he simply places a hand over his closed eyes. Then he looks down.

The hound was rolling on the floor, all three heads cackling madly. It's like I'm back home! Come on, doggy, tear that dwarf's head off! No, the snake, come on, lunge at the servant. I want to see the head guy angry! Ah, better yet, get the assassin in on this! That'll be a show, just get a good look at him! Come on Canas, throw me a bone here, you know you want to!

How they squabble... This came from a whispered voice by his ear. A gem encrusted human skull floated up and down by his head. Regardless of their strength, if they keep this up they'll be useless to us... They need a leader Canas. They need us. Take the reins of this group, it'll be easy with that laughing mutt. Just do it, use that silver tongue. You need it, you know you do...

Don't waste your time boy! Ignore the imbeciles and get over here. This third one came from a short figure standing before the large symbol. It had the head of an Ibis bird, with pointed claws and a black crown. The grand mage couldn't look behind this, there something here, something earthshaking! Solve this and a thousand more doors will open. Then you can start educating the idiots. Yes... even the grand mage. Stop wasting your time and do something productive!

They continued to bark orders, all speaking at once. "For the love of... Shut up, all of you."

"For the love of... Shut up, all of you." After an exasperated breath, Canas runs his hands down his face and steps forward. Shaking his head, as if waking up, he takes a long, hard look at the symbol, concentrates for a moment, and nods. The he turns to Aclop and Rodes.

"Aclop, this is the point. Excuse me." He steps past the snake without looking up. "Rodes, pardon the mess, but no one enjoys being treated like a child, especially not at these heights. In hindsight, you must admit that the letter could have been a bit clearer. Quite a few things have been uncalled for so far, perhaps we should just continue with the matter st hand." He stands besides the elemental, gives him a calm, tired smile and points back at the sketch. "Do we know where exactly Urdais's portal led? From what you've showed us I would think it took him to his death, but... Well, perhaps I should stop assuming. Now the symbol... do we know its meaning? What the written rune represents? You know my area, I could look into it, but if we can save time, it might be for the best."

OOC:
Using Naberius's Silver Tongue to take 10 on a rushed, penalty free, diplomacy check with Rodes. Diplomacy: 57

I'll also cast a Moment of Prescience to use on a Knowledge check in the OoC thread.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-01, 03:50 AM
Lolita

Sidling over to Eiryha, Lolita asks "How exactly did we get to this point?"

Magicyop
2010-11-01, 06:36 AM
Arodel the Hunter

"Enough." Arodel sneers at the others. "Look at you, bickering nonstop for petty reasons. Gyrenar, Derek, I understand your impatience, and..." He shoots a look at Rodes. "I agree. But there's no reason to flail hopelessly in an attempt to cut others on the edge of your sharpened words. Let us get to what truly matters, and work out useless squabbling later, when I don't have to waste my time listening to it, alright?"

He crosses over to Rodes. "You want us to find out what's in that portal, then. I can find anything."

OOC: Speaking of which, Discern Location on the portal.

Starsign
2010-11-01, 08:09 AM
Calming down after that sudden outburst, Aclop turned back into the ghoul that was his original form. Clopis on the other hand was not quite done with Hal. "Even if you've done nothing of foolery here, a meddlesome mortal like yourself is in no position to judge the others here. You ought to know-"

"That's enough Clopis." Aclop exclaimed to the dire wolverine, who had backed down at his master's words. Aclop stood beside the dwarf, quietly whispering, "My apologies for that..." he closed his eyes and sighed, "Troublesome move I made. His eyes shifted towards the dwarf. "But Clopis has a point, we get no further with your own swabbling over our mistakes. If we are to be punished, I'm sure the Grand Sage will do so."

Cardea
2010-11-01, 08:33 AM
Rodes turns around, his mood returning. "Well, Arodel, the portal is a couple hundred miles that way!" He says with a flourish, pointing to one of the walls. "Ignore the visual. I mean hundred miles from this tower. East." The portal on the wall moves to where Rodes is pointing, tilts so that you are once again looking at it from the side, and seems to... rush backwards, until the view on the wall is that which is directly outside the tower. "But the main point here.... Archimaeus can't see inside the portal. At all. And we're asking the nine of you for two things."

Rodes counts off one finger. "The first is to make a means that no one gets caught in the Whirlpool. We don't want anyone coming across this portal, or any creature, for that matter, and going inside it without us knowing what goes on in it. Bad for the trade routes. You know how it is. Archimaeus would do this, but... he's occupied, right now."

He counts off a second finger. "The second is to... go inside it, and figure out whats going on in there. We trust you can handle whatever is inside there... in theory, and there aren't many people we can call. There are two others, but... we have no idea where they are, or how to reach them. We think they're somewhere in Sigil, which... we are definitely not going to go into."

@Magicyop
Its Northeast. Rodes is apparently bad at directions.

MikelaC1
2010-11-01, 09:35 AM
LINTESHAR

(I guess this is a bit of ret-con, since I was occupied on Sunday)

Linteshar makes a little motion with her hand, to encourage the owl to fly back to Ariana. She then slowly turns to Rodes.

You ask for aid, yet you insult me? Your hospitality leaves much to be desired.

And then she turns to Har

And any action you take against Gye is an action against me.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-01, 11:30 AM
Ariana

"What's the pay like? I'm a volunteer in the order, I work on commission rather than a salary. And is there any word on the divine connection down there? I'm not a priest myself, but the availability of resurrection magic would seem to be a key factor in a mission such as this."

Magicyop
2010-11-01, 11:55 AM
Arodel the Hunter

"Mm. One of only eleven people who could perform this task, you say? Ah." He stands against the wall and blinks twice. "I am departing in just under a minute. Any who are coming shall stand near me. We shall ride the storm. To the..." he glares at Rodes. "Northeast, I believe you meant." He stares solemnly around the room. "Those who have not decided at that point can find their own way." He clasps his hands and watches the others intently.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-01, 12:09 PM
Lolita

"Of course I'm in. It's too interesting to pass up, and possibly too dangerous." Lolita grins slightly at this idea.

My one frustration is the druid spell list only includes Reincarnate in terms of raising the dead, so I'm not much use for bring people back. Time Stop + Chain Heal to keep you all alive though!

MikelaC1
2010-11-01, 01:01 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar regards Arodel solemnly.

Im not one to pass up a free ride, although I can move myself and my companion quite easily. But if youre offering, I see no reason to pass up. Are you with us, Gye?

Chambers
2010-11-01, 01:16 PM
Har

"Hrmm." Har nods to Linteshar. "I understand." Turning towards Arodel he says "I have business with the Grand Mage immediately following this meeting, so I will be joining you later."

Looking at the whirlpool image, he says "I leave it to the magicians to devise a way to keep people away from the disturbance. I will travel with those entering the portal." He pauses a moment and then turns toward Aclop and...wherever Gyerenar voice is coming from. "We are about to embark on what I presume to be a dangerous mission. We will need to be able to trust and depend on each other. I would ask that the tempers and emotions of the past minutes be put aside, and let us go forth together as a group, instead of people thrust together."

He brings his naginata off his shoulder and holds it out in front of him in both hands, parallel to the ground. "I swear on the spirits of my ancestors and my honor that I will not abandon any companion who holds true to our purpose and acts faithfully towards us, and do all in my power to protect and defend the same."

MikelaC1
2010-11-01, 01:59 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar listens as Har makes his oath, and waits until he is finished.

As a creature born of deceit and chaos, no oath I make is ever believed...and the strain of keeping them is too much for me anyway. But I can say this. I will never work against the party or betray you or our cause. As for sacrificing myself to see you out alive, well, Im sorry, but theres only one person I will do that for. You have no idea of what fate awaits me back in the Abyss should that come to pass.

Niezck
2010-11-01, 02:10 PM
Turning to invisibly kiss the Succubus at her words, Gyerenar spends a few moments re-acquainting himself with her lips. Then, bolder than before, proclaims simply "Count me in." and leads Linteshar over to Arodel by the waist.

AmberVael
2010-11-01, 02:21 PM
Eiryha

Eiryha was not accustomed to having a choice in the matter, and so she doesn't even think of refusing- and so she does not say she agrees, either, just assuming that her participation was demanded.

Archive accedes control back to her so she can speak.

"I need to meet with the archmage before I go too. But I'll be able to find where it is."

Ryuuk
2010-11-01, 02:56 PM
Canas

Canas had turned to the image of the whirlpool. "Northeast then, all right." While the others go about the oaths and formalities, he continues to sit and think.

Hehehe... Sorry you two, but I get the feeling you're going back to the void soon. At these words, both the Ibis and the skull turned to the hound, then back to Canas. He merely gave them a smile.

What, what, WHAT! No, you can't, not after showing me this! You cretin, you have to take me! This thing baffles even the grand mage, I have to- WE have to look into it! Ipos was practically groveling at his side. Leave Orthos, leave Balam, you can do without them, just take me with you!

The skull simply floated by his head. I see... This is what happens without power... without influence... Very well Canas, just make sure to rein them in... This seems like an opportunity that can not be passed up...

Off to the side, Naberius looked quite pleased with itself.

With a smile, Canas turns back to the others. "Stuff like this is why I'm still in the order. I don't plan on betraying anyone."

"Keeping it away from the public sounds easy enough, at least temporarily. Reshaping the stone around it to create an underwater cavern seems like the quickest way. As long as it’s well built, it should be able to hold the weight of the ocean bearing down on it and it would be out of sight and out of mind of the populace... Arodel, I think I'll be joining you, I'd like a good view of the site beforehand, see if this is viable, just how much planning needs to go into the dome"

Cogidubnus
2010-11-01, 03:02 PM
Lolita

"If some of us need to remain behind, should we travel in two separate parties? I don't know whether either of you possess teleportation abilities, but I can easily draw a Greater Teleport from the Spellpool if you wish me to stay and transport you." The Nymph smiles sweetly at the Dwarf and...young woman.

"Besides, the Grand Mage is nothing to worry about really. I knew him when he was just a little boy. Under that gruff exterior he's all fun and games," and she smiled ironically to herself.

Starsign
2010-11-01, 03:54 PM
Chambers, I was hoping that Hal would continue conversation (not criticisms) with Aclop instead of ignoring him.

Aclop walked to the middle of the room and closed his eyes, focusing his energies. Hundreds spheres of clear energy erupted from the ghoul and shot out to everything in the room, entering it like a ghost. A split-second later, they came out, now looking like the part of the room that they entered. the spheres shot back into Aclop and seemed to disappear. He opened his eyes and said, "I have recalled the area's position, I will tag along with Arodel and if needed, can send us all back here if needed."

Cast Word of Recall. Hope this gets used later.

Ryuuk
2010-11-01, 09:50 PM
Canas

"Rodes, out of curiosity, who are the other two? I'm not quite up to date on the Order's go-to list. I've been somewhat disconnected these past few months." They call that mourning. Has it already been a year since little Seri left us? She looked so promising...

Canas comes to a dead stop. Her turns briefly to something to his right with a look that could have killed focused on an empty spot. Regardless, after Aclop's casting he seems to act as if nothing had happened. He simply takes a deep breath. "Quite a display you have there, a Word of Recall, correct?... Wait, Rodes, how thorough are the tower's wards? We were told to arrive a mile away from the tower if we were teleporting, but not why. Should we be just as cautious when teleporting out?" Hehe, I think I know who'll be saying goodbye. You're an idiot Acerer-ererer-ererak...

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 12:14 PM
Lolita

Lolita turns at Canas' words.
"I can probably be of some help there. I can provide raw materials for some sort of barricade, although the exact amount depends upon whether or not I need to draw a Teleport from the Spellpool. I can provide a lot more if given time to rest and re-prepare my spells. Also, if I'm with the advance party, I can give us a number of Water Elementals to scout the portal and then protect the perimeter."

Ryuuk:
Seri? As in, Seri from the Abyss game?
That's right, I remembered her name (and yours) from the recruitment thread. I think it was the pair of Winter Wolves...

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 01:51 PM
Ariana

"Save your spell access, I can whizz everyone around the world all day long. Keep it for something more important, after all our presence might spook something into coming out from the other side."

MikelaC1
2010-11-02, 02:08 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar listens carefully to the plans being put forth for stopping the whirlpool, without adding anything at the moment. This is not her area of expertise and she knew it, she was more suited for stealth and retrieval operations, as well as dealing with people.

Niezck
2010-11-02, 02:14 PM
Seeing a moment to shine, Gyerenar chips in.

"If we're to explore the other side, perhaps Linteshar and I should go as a vanguard, considering our specific ... talents. If there's something powerful enough on that side to both spot us and kill us then, frankly, we're screwed anyway. If not, we get to check out the location without sending the marching band in full-volume."

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 02:17 PM
Lolita

"If it means not being eaten by a Balor without knowing it's coming, I'm happy to let you go through the portal first. We should secure it beforehand, though."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 02:17 PM
Ariana

"As much as I like that plan; and I sincerely do since it means I'm less likely to die, I might remind you that they don't have to see you, just throw out a long wall of steam or something and then just follow the burned flesh." Y'know, just as an fyi.

MikelaC1
2010-11-02, 02:22 PM
If they dont see us, they wont be sending out any walls of steam or any such attacks. If you dont want us to go in alone first, thats okay, but I do think it would be best. That way, you can come in prepared.

Starsign
2010-11-02, 03:59 PM
Aclop listens quietly the group talk about what to do. Finally he speaks up. "I will go in vanguard," he states as he draws his greatsword to show his role. "I've had plenty of frontal experience, and I doubt either of you seem like ones who can stand tall alone as the vanguard." he turned his head to Gyerenar and Lolita, the sentence was referring to them. He then turns to Arodel, "You're also capable, and we've been partners for a time. Will you also accompany me in the frontlines?"

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 04:06 PM
Lolita

"Not that a tough vanguard's a bad idea, but mightn't we be better off using stealth first. Neither of those two will even get seen. The only thing better than hitting hard is hitting first."

Niezck
2010-11-02, 04:06 PM
"Your eligability for the vanguard isn't reliant on your combat prowess, more on your stealth. Can you become silent and invisible, detectable only to the most powerful of beings in all creation? And, for your information, I could kill any one of you in this room without breaking a sweat." He grins at the last part, not making a threat as much as remembering such an occasion.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 04:10 PM
Lolita

"Gyrenar, don't make threats. We're all on the same team here, and boasting can be very embarrassing later on. Although, I thank you for the compliment. Finding you would be relatively simple for me."

Niezck
2010-11-02, 04:13 PM
Smiling wickedly once again (to those that can see him, of course) Gyerenar bows politely at the nymph. "Forgive me, fair Lolita, I wasn't threatening. I did indeed once meet another group such as ourselves and was tasked with a mission of importance. Turned out it was an elaborate trap, as I discovered prior to the meeting, and I swiftly disposed of all the "powerful" people without them even noticing. Fun times, very fun times ..." He trails off in thought, his hands resting once more on his shortswords before he refocuses and coughs, somewhat embarassed at fading into memories like that.

Starsign
2010-11-02, 04:14 PM
Aclop looked unimpressed at their responses.he kept his voice at his coldly tone. "And you declare that you could enter the portal and not have yourselves enter a room of true sight? You really think that you could walk into a demonic kingdom and assassinate every last one that you find before one lays a blow on you? Both of you seem too fond, too acquainted to your ways of stealth. All it would take would be a single mistake, whether because of your ego or a miscalculation, and that would be it. I at least can return from the lifeless black world called death. You two only get one chance."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 04:21 PM
Ariana

"Not if they bind your soul after they kill you. We all have our weaknesses, lets not wave our powers at one another because it'll only end in pain."

---------------
@Niezck: Can Touchsight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/touchsight.htm) find you?

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 04:28 PM
Lolita

"We need to decide who's going now and who's not. A quick show of hands for those who can teleport us straight to the portal? If Eiryha can transport herself and Har then the rest of us can leave now."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 04:34 PM
Ariana

"As I said, I can move us all without expending valuable arcana." Once there I'll do what I can offer various spells to defer the inquisitive and to defend us once we enter after the invisible twins return."

Magicyop
2010-11-02, 04:42 PM
Arodel the Hunter

"I agree that stealth is necessary-- but it is not the only necessary option. I shall accompany the two of you on this preliminary mission, since I do have experience with stealth, and I'll be able to spot anything in there before it eats you. No one else should accompany." He says this rather matter-of-factly. "And... one minute. Time's up. To those who must reach it themselves, good luck." He claps his hands together and explodes into miniature grey stormclouds, which envelop the other adventurers.

OOC: Using Ride the Storm to Greater Teleport every willing adventurer in the room to exactly the location I saw using my Discern Location earlier. Just outside the portal, not right over top of it. :smalltongue:

Chambers
2010-11-02, 04:45 PM
Har

I offer fealty...and the invisible bravo offers casual death threats. Times like this I wish you were still alive King, so you could be here instead of me. Har stares at the empty space next to the nymph for a moment and then walks over to Eiryha and Rodes. "It appears plans are well under way. If there is no more immediate information to detail then myself and the young lady should return to the Grand Mage. Which portal leads us there?" He asks, resting his naginata on his left shoulder and offering his right arm to Eiryha.

Ryuuk
2010-11-02, 04:51 PM
Canas

Canas nods towards the nymph. "Once we get to the portal, we can figure out how much material we'll need to stop the whirlpool. If it's small enough, you might not have to tap into the pool. Still, good to know I can count on you."

"Just remember that it has been opened for days with no consequence. The runes on the seal are not promising though." He points to each of the symbols presented by Rodes image, stopping to explain to those that aren't familiar. "Hyet, Nijet, Morphet, Cet, Aothet... (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9674529&postcount=129) I would venture to believe that what goes in has a much harder time getting out. Before sending anyone through, it might be best to send a dummy, but given the wards..." You're loving this aren't you?

Even after saying all of this, he seems excited. "Things might be clearer once we get there though."

OOC: Hmm, a bit late with this post. Well, I'll just link to this again (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9679458&postcount=98), to see if Rodes was able to give Canas an answer.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-02, 05:08 PM
Psyche

"I'll head out with you, then," she says, joining Arodel. "How many of us can breathe underwater? Cos you're about to get a shock."

I could still try sending a water elemental through. Probably bounce right off the wards though. I can disintegrate the Wall of Force, at least.
Also, for those of you who missed the discussion, I changed my character name to avoid causing offence. Too much time with English students, clearly.

Starsign
2010-11-02, 05:29 PM
Aclop sheathes his sword deciding to not argue anymore. He joins Arodel as he disappears along with the others.

AmberVael
2010-11-02, 05:56 PM
Har

I offer fealty...and the invisible bravo offers casual death threats. Times like this I wish you were still alive King, so you could be here instead of me. Har stares at the empty space next to the nymph for a moment and then walks over to Eiryha and Rodes. "It appears plans are well under way. If there is no more immediate information to detail then myself and the young lady should return to the Grand Mage. Which portal leads us there?" He asks, resting his naginata on his left shoulder and offering his right arm to Eiryha.

Eiryha seems a bit startled by the offer of the arm, not to mention entirely unsure of how she should react. She looks up at Har rather uncertainly, suspicion and discomfort in her mismatched eyes.
Archon whispers quietly in her mind, and Eiryha turns her head away from the dwarf rather irritably, ignoring his attempt at courtesy and remaining silent.

MikelaC1
2010-11-02, 09:29 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar, and presumably Gyerenar, move forward just enough to be encompassed by the magic being wielded by Arondel. Those who are looking at her might notice a salicious smile on her face as she looks at Lolita.

Cardea
2010-11-03, 05:00 PM
Rodes looks at Har and Eiryha. "One-fifty will take you up to the old man, you two. And for everyone else," He says looking at the rest of you. "I hope you don't die. I would miss your smiling faces."

@Whirlpool
The image that Rodes showed you in the Tower is far from what you are looking at. For starters, it is storming. You can barely see a mile away, without the aid of some sort of power of vision. Storm clouds hang dark and foreboding overhead, and you can hear the sound of thunder, with the only illumination being the occasional burst of lightning... and the portal itself. From where you are, you cannot see it directly, but a soft pink light comes forth from it.

[Everyone: Roll a Spot Check with a DC of 40. If you make it, you see the following]
Just below the surface of the water, however, you can see large tendrils moving in motion with the whirlpool, growing larger as the mere seconds go past, inching their way towards your group.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-03, 05:07 PM
Psyche

"This weather is insane. I'm sorry, I didn't prepare to dissipate storms. Is that the portal?" She gestures to the glow in the water.

Magicyop
2010-11-03, 05:15 PM
OOC: I automatically make the Spot Check, unless you are doing Natural 1 is auto fail. +67 modifier :smallcool:

Arodel the Hunter:

"Everyone get back! There's something in the water, headed this way." He summons his steed and begins to rise into the air until he is floating a good distance above the water. His hounds each grab onto the clothing of one of his compatriots and lift them to a similar height.

OOC: 6 hounds should be enough to lift all of you, right? Well, all of you that came, I mean.

Niezck
2010-11-03, 05:17 PM
What kind of something? Draconic something? Humanoid something? Outsider something? Be specific man!

Magicyop
2010-11-03, 05:19 PM
Arodel the Hunter:

"Tentacled something. Most likely a sea creature or aberration of some sort. Prepare yourselves!"

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-03, 05:20 PM
Ariana

"Maybe it's a something something, that doesn't match any other kind of something. Seren, in you go.

----------------------
Fly up too, putting Seren in my permanent Familiar Pocket.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-03, 05:45 PM
'Everyone stay close to me, I'll keep us aloft.'

OOC: Unless anyone objects, I'll cast Mass Fly to keep us all in the air as long as you're 30ft or less from me. That should give us a bit more room to maneuver than being carried.

Chambers
2010-11-03, 05:50 PM
Har

"Thank you, Rodes." He turns to Eiryha and nods. "As you will, Miss." He scans the portals for a moment before finding 150. Walking over to it he looks at the images one last time and then steps into the portal. If some of them do not return, well...I had prior duties to attend to.

MikelaC1
2010-11-03, 06:07 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar is not able to see what Arodel sees, but she heeds the warning, keeping herself aloft with her wings. She readies a spell, waiting for the beast to show itself.

Starsign
2010-11-03, 06:15 PM
"Gah, what kind of weather is this?! Aclop cries, unable to see much in the storm. The cry from Arodel that an aberration may be coming causes Aclop to take point. "Everyone get back!" he cries out as the scales on his arms starts glowing. Clopis starts moving away from his master, knowing what he would be doing. Aclop's arms started stretching out, wrapping around his body as he tucked himself into a ball. Then, his body started fusing it's flesh together, morphing into what is an actual ball of flesh. The ball then started growing in size. Up to 30 ft as teeth, tentacles and eyes tore out of the ball. Aclop wasn't much of a ghoul as he was an aberration now. (http://wizards.com/dnd/images/art_preview/20080415_114776_0.jpg) He had hoped no one could see him, though his size makes him fairly easy to notice from a mile away.

Wild Shape into a Gibbering Orb. lasts 24 hours at best due to level.

Magicyop
2010-11-03, 08:05 PM
Arodel the Hunter

"The rain is my doing, what did you think I meant by 'Riding the Storm'? Magic isn't free. Allow me to make sure we can all see this monstrosity." He holds a hand out and points at the location of the monster, and it begins to glow like a violet flame.

OOC: Mark the tendril thing as Selected Prey. This puts a Faerie Fire effect on it, and gives me, my hounds, and everyone in the party +7 on attacks rolls, skill checks, and basically any roll against it. Everyone remember that, any time you make a roll against this thing, you have +7. Also the Faerie Fire ought to let everyone see it clearly, it negates concealment and should make it easy to see.

Ryuuk
2010-11-04, 09:44 PM
Canas

Flying off to the side, Canas casts a quick Light spell on his ioun stone. He looks down at the... thing and nods to himself. "I wonder... Do you think it was the storm or our presence that called it?" As he speaks an illusion displaces him, just another precaution, and small arcs of lightning start jumping from his readied hand.

With the light floating around him, Canas felt a great sense of relief. Orthos may be quiet, but he did have a thing about the dark.

A giant gibbering orb... Oh I really want to see you try to get this past the hag.

Cardea
2010-11-04, 11:09 PM
Below the surface, a bright outline appears. You can't tell how far down it goes, but it doesn't seem to matter, as you can see it rising. The tendrils stop spinning, and float to the surface. A head rises out of the water, as do dozens of tentacles, but... most of it's body is... still submerged. It opens it's maw, and a sound rings out from it's body... a... slow... rhythmic... roar... more of a pulse... really...

MAP
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad232/CardeaAfton/ITSAFOURTHMAP.jpg?t=1288929698
Notes for Map
Each square is fifty feet.
The small specks in K3 are the seven of you.
The pink thing is the portal.
Time for combat, folks.
Combat
Roll for Initiative.
Roll a DC 32 Save or else take 122 Nonlethal damage.
If you are somehow immune to nonlethal damage, your equipment takes twenty-seven points of damage, ignoring half hardness. And you take 53 points of damage from your equipment bludgeoning you.
If you make your save, you only suffer a -2 to attack and a -10 to damage.

Cardea
2010-11-04, 11:28 PM
@Chambers (And maybe Vael if she follows into the portal after him.)
You step into the portal, and there is no explosion of light, or momentary brightness. Your vision instantly changes from the room you were in, to that of a very large office space. All along the walls are bookshelves, with various pieces of parchment hanging down, different vials with assorted liquids, and different instruments of power. The tomes look heavy and old, with their papers hanging out or their parchment yellow with age. In the middle of the elliptical room is a large circular desk, in the middle of which sits Archimaeus. He nods towards you, and then looks back at the figure sitting down in a chair across from him, who sits between the two of you. It looks to you, and you realize it is another elemental in the shape of Rodes. The difference being that it is not made out of chaotic winds and lightning, but out of stone. It has no mouth, but it's eyes mimic those of happiness, as it looks at you. It's shape is feminine. "Gwinda, if you could pass on that message for me. Har and I have some business to attend to."

Chambers
2010-11-04, 11:40 PM
Har

Har bows to the Grand Mage and then nods to the stone elemental. Was that a...did it wink at me? He steps forward and stands next to the circle desk. "My...companions...have left your tower and gone to investigate the disturbance, Grand Mage." He pauses a moment, glancing sidelong at the stone elemental. "How may I assist the Order?"

Cogidubnus
2010-11-05, 03:38 AM
Psyche

'No. No no no. The enormous gibbering abberation? I can just about let that slide. But not you, whatever monstrosity you might be. Aquam surgam et opugnare!'

[roll0] for the save. Whichever save it is, I suceed on a 2. Initiative is [roll1].
On my turn I conjure a Freezing Fog over the top of the creatures nearest tentacles, and fly forward 60ft. If the creature acts before me and moves closer, I'll cast Avasculate on it instead, which halves its health and, if it fails a save, stuns it
Oh, and Cardea, could you roll some knowledge for me? On my phone and they're a pain to type. Modifiers are on my sheet..

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 03:41 AM
Init: [roll]d20+7[roll] [15] (see OOC)

Save: [roll0]
Fort +23 = 42
Ref +24 = 43
Will +30 = 49

All pass.

Ariana

"Oh hell no!! Not more tentacles. I frigging HATE frigging tentacle monsters!

Raising her hand three spheres of blue energy appear in front of her open palm. A hum of energy becomes a high pitched screech and the three orbs transform; turning dark green and becoming pointed and launching with a screech.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 03:57 AM
Vitrolic Eldritch Spears:
Attack: [roll0] / Damage: [roll1]
Attack: [roll2] / Damage: [roll3]
Attack: [roll4] / Damage: [roll5]

(Please do't be immune to acid)

Ryuuk
2010-11-05, 06:04 AM
Canas

Instinctively, Canas draws his short sword and hols it more like a shield then anything else. He had to admit... he wasn't expecting anything like this, at least so soon. He takes his gaze away from the thing in the portal to get only last look at Aclop and shakes his head.

So are you going to do it? You know what she's going to think of him, especially if you rush the pact. Still, not calling her would be just plain dumb with that thing crawling out... Decisions, decisions... hehe

"Damn it, we'll sort it out later!" He quickly moves his hand through the air, leaving a glowing outline until a floating circle with an strange rune is floating in the storm before him. "Gaia! Soul of the Land! Come and face the ones responsible for ending you're domain, lest they move on and continue their desecration elsewhere!"

OOC:
Initiative: [roll0]

Save [roll1] Balam will reroll it on a 1 or a failure
+27 F / +26 R / +31 W depending on the nature of the save.
= 34

1 Round action: With the daily use of the Rapid Pact Making feat, he'll bind Gaia in 1 round.

She grants the following benefeits:
Gaia
- Earth's Fury (+4 DC/AC/Saves vs Undead, Aberrations, Constructs, Oozes.
Auto confirm Crits and bypass precision immunity freely)
- Earthsense (Darkvision at vision range, Scent, Track, Blindsight 120, Tremorsense 60)
- Earth's Voice (Polyglot, speak with plants and animals. Living Creature who hear binder act as friendly except on a Will save)
- Elemental Fortitude (Elemental Immunity, choose as a full round action)
- Planetary Healing (Regeneration = EBL/4, Fire and Acid bypass)

Now this would be rather important. Epic vestiges don't have a binding DC for a good or bad pact. So far I've treated it as extremely difficult, if not outright impossible to not fall under their influence. Given Starsign and Vael's characters, this may present a problem.

Sign: The hair on your face, head, and body takes on a greenish hue, as do the eyes and skin.

Influence: Never allow cruelty toward living creatures to occur in your presence. Seek out every opportunity to destroy aberrations, constructs, oozes, and undead.

Would you allow some way to lesson the need to try and destroy them at every opportunity? At this moment there's a much bigger monster coming at us, but out of combat I'd have to expel her whenever they would be near me. Perhaps a will save for a binding check to gain her control for X amount of time? Maybe even a Diplomacy check to convince her that they're allies?

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 06:09 AM
((Maybe change destroy to undermine when they're allies. You can be snarky and refuse to help them out of combat etc.))

Ryuuk
2010-11-05, 06:14 AM
((Also possible, it's what I did with Mayo's submission in the recruitment thread, since was a warforged and a living construct. A ruling would be best though))

MikelaC1
2010-11-05, 06:26 AM
OOC
[roll0] Initiative
[roll1] Save...auto save on REF and WILL, 37=made

Linteshar watches the giant squid rising out of the water, and seeing as her companions are readying all sorts of damage dealing attacks, takes the chance on doing an all or nothing spell to end the combat quickly. She concentrates her attention on the beast, casting a Dominate Monster in order to control it. (DC:44, Will)
And with Unsettling Enchantment, even if it saves vs. the spell, it takes -2 on AC and attacks for one round

Magicyop
2010-11-05, 07:44 AM
OOC:Fun, fun. Save!
[roll0]
Aaaand.... initiative!
Auto success on any save based on that roll.
[roll1]

Arodel the Hunter
"That IS a monstrous beast. After I kill it, I'm depending on all of you to identify what it is."

He roars and flings his lance like a deadly and accurate shaft of lightning at the beast.

OOC: Oops. I need to double post to roll for attack and damage and all that jazz.

Magicyop
2010-11-05, 08:23 AM
OOC: Arrrg! I had this whole block of text posted, then just as I clicked the post button, GitP's servers went down and I lost it all. Hokay.
Arodel throws his lance, it negates cover and concealment so no bonuses from it being in the water, no range penalties, I use Strike of Perfect Clarity, Triple-throw kicks in, it triplicates itself, here are its three attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
These attacks ignore all Insight and Deflection bonuses to AC, and also ignore all Damage Resistance and Regeneration.

Each attack that hits deals [roll3] + [roll4] fire + [roll5] cold + [roll6] acid + [roll7] lightning + [roll8] sonic + 147 damage. Also, 1 negative level. It is under a dimensional anchor effect after being hit. If it dies, it can't be brought back except by wish/miracle + true res. These are the effects of each spear.

That was my standard action. As a move action, I use Ride the Storm to transport myself, my hounds, and any willing companions to be exactly 120' from the tip of one of its tentacles. Me and my hounds all use Hunting Cry as a swift action, (on their turns of course) so it must make 7 separate DC 36 will saves or else be frightened(even if it is normally immune to fear). Then, I take two free actions. For the first, I command the main lance to begin fleshgrinding, so it sticks there until the creature is dead, or the lance is removed. The creature must take a full round DC 20 strength check to try and remove the lance. If it sticks, it deals its damage again every turn. For the second free action, I glare at the beast. This is Omen of Peril. This is a gaze attack, it must make a DC 36 will save or be subject to Bestow Curse (and take -6 to dexterity).

Starsign
2010-11-05, 08:47 AM
The Gibbering Orb that is Aclop disappears with Arodel and appears in front of the massive monstrosity. Clopis stays behind to watch, he was never good at fighting alongside his master in combat against such massive odds. Aclop's reaction to the godlike-sized aberration was a simple, "Hmph" as he lashes out with his tentacled mouths, which tear away at the thing's flesh and body.

Tentacle Bite Attacks: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3]
Tentacle Bite Damage: [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7]

I don't know if this is correct as I don't have a calculator on my hands. Does any of the ability-increasing equipment still work on my wild shape form?

AmberVael
2010-11-05, 09:45 AM
Eiryha

Eiryha follows Har onto the portal after a moment, letting enough time pass that it seemed like she wasn't just following on his heels. She wanted to be going to the archmage separately, after all.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-05, 10:30 AM
I'll delay until directly after Arodel and use Avasculate (hereafter called Emasculate) instead. In case it has SR [roll0]. Knew I should've cast that Magic Tatoo before we left. Assuming Emasculate works, our combined damage over the turn and a Disintegrate from me next may well be most of what we need.

Niezck
2010-11-05, 02:29 PM
[roll0] Fort

[roll1] Initiative

Woah, that's ... big! Time for some big booms, I think!

Riding along with Arodel's teleport, Gyerenar (to those that can see him) appears to wave his hands as if casting a spell, but quickly throws his hands around in the other direction as he finishes.

Swift - Feint check - [roll2]
If its sense motive can't beat me, it's flat-footed against my next attack or spell (Assuming it can actually see me, that is.)

Standard - Dominate Monster, DC 31 ignoring SR.

Free - Divine Impetus for an extra swift action

Swift - Greater Mirror Image - 8 Images (1d4+7, max 8, sooo)

Starsign
2010-11-05, 04:30 PM
Fort save: [roll0]

Cardea
2010-11-08, 10:03 PM
The.... thing reels in pain as it takes Psyche's spell head on. To Ariana's assault, it doesn't even flinch, and it looks at Linteshar as she tries to break into it's mind. Another roar comes out, this time resembling more of a taunt. It screams in agony as Arodel's lance slams into it's tendril. The tendril in question, however, breaks apart into.... thousands of squids, which rush towards Arodel.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/312/d/5/fasf_by_tragenkrieger-d32gs3l.jpg

Magicyop
2010-11-08, 10:28 PM
Arodel the Hunter

Arodel's lance, free from the now destroyed tentacle, zips back to his hand. "There are too many of them-- ignore them, evade them, and destroy the big squid."

Arodel's horse flies forward at incredible speeds, away from the small squids, to the other side of the big squid, where he stabs his lance in again. Each of his hounds follows him as far as they can, but start biting at the main body of the creature.

OOC:Ride of the War God. Also, Tactical Charge to move around the Squid.Attack roll:

[roll0]

Assuming that hits it deals [roll1] + [roll2] fire + [roll3] cold +[roll4] sonic +[roll5] acid + [roll6] lightning + 47 + [roll7] + 1 negative level * 3.

450 damage and 3 negative levels.

Each of my 6 hounds makes an attack:
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]

Damage for each of the hounds is:
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Cardea
2010-11-08, 10:36 PM
@Chambers:
"You know, it's rare that we accept those without magical prowess into the Order. Quite rare, as our entire order is founded on the foundation of the Arcane world, which you lack entirely. But that has not proved a problem before, has it, Har?" The Grand Mage says, looking at you. His companion sits quietly in it's chair, unmoving. "No, it never has. Even when we first found you, it never proved an issue. Nor was it with... well, your coronation. But there is something in that Portal, something you will find very soon, that... I do not want you to hate me for." He says, moving his eyes away from yours, looking up at the ceiling. Behind you, you can sense Eiryha coming in, and Archimaeus cuts his tone short. "And, you see, that is where the Dwarves stand today, in my opinion. They keep advancing, you know, working with their machines to greater purposes. One of these days, they're going to fly, you know!" He says, laughing. He turns to Eiryha, and smiles. "That is it Har. Just a pleasant conversation, for old time's sake."
@Vael
You view changes from that of the viewing room, to a study of sorts. You step off the platform, and see Har, in mid-conversation with Archimaeus. "And, you see, that is where the Dwarves stand today, in my opinion. They keep advancing, you know, working with their machines to greater purposes. One of these days, they're going to fly, you know!" He says, laughing. He turns to you, and smiles. He says to Har, "That is it Har. Just a pleasant conversation, for old time's sake."

MikelaC1
2010-11-08, 11:16 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar decides on a more offensive and direct form of attack on the squid. She casts a quickened True Strike on herself, and then follows up with a Black Blade of Disaster which she swings at the squids head.

[roll0] Touch Attack
[roll1] Damage, Fort DC39
[roll2] Damage if save made

Ryuuk
2010-11-09, 12:49 AM
Canas

Taking a deep breath, Canas feels like renewed. Even in this storm the world felt vibrant and crisp. He can't help but smile, at least until his gaze drops onto the thing in the portal. Slowly he seems to fill with anger, and he screams out in a strange, earthy voice as he flies towards the creature. "NEVER AGAIN!"

As he opens his mouth a distortion opens up at the creature's center. Like a void, this breach starts trying to draw anything near it in, swallowing it in chaotic blue and green energy.

Above Canas floats a beautiful green skinned woman. She seems to be copying his stance, though it could be the other way around. Either way, the two move in unison. Her gaze is fixed on the creature and her eyes hold a terrible fury. Travesties on nature's grace, your sad existence ends here! Never again will you act as a plague to sacred life, NEVER AGAIN!

OOC:
Move: Move to J6
Swift: Quicken Arcane Spellsurge -> True Casting (1) and True Casting (1)
Standard: Cast Maw of Chaos centered on the creature at E10

Maw of Chaos: 15ft radius emanation, 25 round duration
Spell Resistance: [roll0] +2 from vest for 38
Damage: [roll1] No save
DC 35 Will save or be dazed for 1 round if damaged by the spell
Note: Does not affect creatures of the Chaotic subtype

Starsign
2010-11-09, 05:02 PM
Noticing that the tendrils split up upon attack, Aclop tries a less physical approach. He makes his way to the middle of all the tendrils, than issues some sort of inexplanatory order at the humongous creature.

Move me to E11, or as close as possible. Everyone who's curious, roll a Knowledge (Arcana) DC 45 check to see what Aclop is saying. Creature and anyone 60ft of Aclop must make a Will save DC 40.
"Come, imbicile."
Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit are now in use this round for Aclop. -4 to his AC, enemy get's +4 to attack and damage rolls.

With that, 13 of Aclop's "eyes" squirm around to target the thing as another inexplainable shout came from the Gibbering Orb as powerful green rays fire out of it's eyes.

Another Knowledge (Arcana) DC 45
"Obliterate!"
Aclop uses all 24 of his rays to cast Disintegrate 24 times

The creature must make twenty-four DC 32 Fortitude saves or take 40d6 damage for each hit. For each save it makes, it instead takes 5d6 damage per ray.

AmberVael
2010-11-09, 09:48 PM
@Vael
You view changes from that of the viewing room, to a study of sorts. You step off the platform, and see Har, in mid-conversation with Archimaeus. "And, you see, that is where the Dwarves stand today, in my opinion. They keep advancing, you know, working with their machines to greater purposes. One of these days, they're going to fly, you know!" He says, laughing. He turns to you, and smiles. He says to Har, "That is it Har. Just a pleasant conversation, for old time's sake."

Eiryha waits quietly for the archmage to finish, uninterested in the conversation she found as she entered.

Chambers
2010-11-10, 09:45 AM
Har

What could the mage have done....? Har stands still, thinking over what the Grand Mage has said. "I..." He pauses and glances around to see Eiryha. "I do not know that my kin would appreciate such a turn of events, Grand Mage." He holds Archimaeus gaze. "But my people are resilient, and able to withstand any adversity, be it the limits of nature or the follies of humans." He bows to the Grand Mage and nods to the stone creature.

Does he fear my wrath so much that he will not even name it's origin? To Eiryha he smiles and nods. "Lady, if you would assist me in reaching our companions once you have conversed with the Grand Mage, I would sincerly appreciate it. I will await your pleasure in the previous chamber." He trys to smile again but it fades from his face once he turns and walks back into the portal. Damn you mage...if I face what I think may be there...you are right to fear my hate.

Cogidubnus
2010-11-10, 02:40 PM
Psyche

"Do you never die, monster?" Psyche screeches as her hands blur with motion, shooting another ray at the creature.

Acting directly BEFORE Aclop (for spell efficiency, please let me), Psyche will cast Avasculate again.

Niezck
2010-11-11, 02:22 PM
Eh, I'll leave this to you big powerful folks. Monsters aren't my thing.

Finding himself bored of this eldritch beasty, Gyerenar proceeds to start kissing Linteshar passionately.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-14, 04:38 AM
Ariana wasn't surprised her bolts had been repulsed, but it never hurt to try (unless they worked, then it did obviously).

"Time, flowing like the river, I command thee to HALT!

And with that last word everything goes quiet and still.

---------------
Time Stop SLA: [roll0]

Actions in next post.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-14, 04:47 AM
Ariana

Holding forth her staff the sapphire atop it glowed brightly and the beam of light hit the waves beside the creature, penetrating their almost painted perfection and placing a transparent creature within them, orders flowing through it's frozen mind.

She then lowered her staff and her hand crackled black, a dark void appearing above the monstrosity.

As time breaks the bonds she had placed upon it the elemental became a swirling vortex beneath the waves and the orb pressed against the creature.

---------------------------
Use Master Staff feat to expend Shades spell to use SM9 from staff. Summon Elder Water Elemental, DC31 Ref Save or [roll0] damage.

Cast Sphere of ultimate Destruction: DC31 Fort Save or [roll1] damage, [roll2] if Save is made.

Wow, I suck. I may need some pointers on spell selection for next time.

Starsign
2010-11-14, 03:30 PM
Okay, REALLY screwed up hard with forgetting the rolls. Lemme make them now.
Attack Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

Damage Rolls:
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]
[roll45]
[roll46]
[roll47]

Cardea
2010-11-14, 10:50 PM
The horde chases after Arodel, all of them screaming as they move quickly as a unit, just under the water's surface level. A great jaw of green and blue energy forms, and as it bites into the squid, dissipates, leaving no trace. Rays dart out from a mass of eye-stalks, mouths and flesh, and only four of them finding finding the flesh of the squid. It screams in rage, as the rays singe off bits of its flesh, and screams even louder as a black sphere crashes into it's body, pushing it into a whirlpool below. The screaming stops suddenly, as does the sphere above it. Its eyes turn black, and it opens it's maw, crashing it down into the whirlpool beneath it.
THE MAP
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad232/CardeaAfton/ITSAFOURTHMAP-1.jpg?t=1289756887

@Vael
"Hello Eiryha. Sorry for delaying you for so long, but there I haven't had much chance to talk with Har in recent times, and, well I hate to be a bad friend." Archimaeus says, smiling behind his desk. "I brought you up here, however, for a different concern." His face changes expression, showing concern. He picks a piece of chalk from thin air, and draw two circles, one encircling the other, on the desk in front of him. In the middle, he draws an eye. Between the two circles, he draws various... symbols, and just the sight of them grates at the back of your mind. "Do you recognize this, Eiryha?"

[DC 20 Intelligence Check: If you succeed, you recognize it as the symbol for the Annulus.]

AmberVael
2010-11-14, 11:04 PM
Eiryha

"It is the symbol for the Annulus."
Eiryha answers, barely a pause between the question and her reply.
"An artifact capable of nullifying psionics and destroying psychic beings."
She seems a little wary at the subject, having difficulty figuring out why the archmage would be bringing this up to her, but none of the possibilities that came to mind seemed very good.
Eiryha takes 10 on the check (via Epic Intelligence) for a result of 26.

Niezck
2010-11-15, 08:26 AM
Sighing to himself, Gyerenar floats a little forwards.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take care of this after all.

A few hand gestures later, a small horde of shadowy images begin assaulting the lesser monsters, causing a number of them to die from fear itself.

Let's cast ... Weird

DC 29 Will then DC 29 Fort, ignores SR

Starsign
2010-11-15, 11:58 PM
Seeing as while the rays had effect, they were minimal, Aclop tries another approach. First Aclop fires it's mouth-like tentacles as they rip, tear, and latch on to the larger aberrant. His mass of flesh and eyes focus on the giant aberrant as the creature begins seeing something incomprehensible, a poorly fitted glop of rotting flesh, bones, brain tissue, and blood came before the squid's eyes, a glop much bigger than it, which was already bigger compared to the others. The colossal aberrant could only hear a line before it thinks it's found itself crushed and devoured slowly by the glop.

"I ahev esne het aded, snee terih grnae, hitre rosrwo, rheti tomesnio atht yoln I nac cievepre. Lal slee ubcuscm ot ti's igthm. Gbeneo!

Enemy needs to make DC 40 will save again or suffer effects of the insanity spell.

Bite Attacks: [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bite Damage: [roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Uses Horrers from Beyond, treated as a Phantasmal Killer spell. Creature must make DC 34 Will, and if it fails to make the save, DC 34 Fort save to take 3d6 or die instantly.

Ryuuk
2010-11-17, 10:58 AM
Canas

Faster boy! You cannot allow this thing to live. Every second it stands it taints everything around it.

"It will be done, just wait for our chance! Remember, if this body falls, so will you're only door!"

Bah, now you're just playing favorites...

"The same goes for you, just focus!"

It doesn't seem to have even noticed us yet, we're actually the aggressors here, we attacked it! Hehe.

Quiet filth!

"It will be done, just wait for our chance! Remember, if this body falls, so will you're only door!" Canas blasts forward, flyinf as fast as his spells will take him. "The same goes for you, just focus!" He continues to fly past the tentacles, aiming to get next to the creatures core.

Once there, he grabs hold of it and extends a pair of wings of force. "Quiet filth!" In an instant, they blast everything in his vicinity.

OOC:
Note to self, next time take the free teleport

Last turn I moved to J6, so from here a run action while flying (400ft) should be enough to let me land on the center of the tentacled mass. The round would go like this:

Full Round: Run
Swift: Quickened Spell 1: Arcane Spellsurge Wings of Flurry + True Casting
Quickened Spell 2: Arcane Spellsurge Wings of Flurry + True Casting

Both Quickening should be free (5th level rather then 9th) thanks to Residual Metamagic. The extra True Casting from last round applies to the first Arcane Spellsurge, whose True Casting applies to the next.

Wings of Flurry 1: DC 30 or [roll0] Force, Reflex Half, failure also dazes for 1 round
SR: [roll1]

Wings of Flurry 2: DC 30 or [roll2] Force, Reflex Half, failure also dazes for 1 round
SR: [roll3]

Magicyop
2010-11-23, 12:11 PM
Arodel the Hunter

Arodel growls and stands defiantly as the horde swirls at him. At the last moment, there is a crack of thunder and he vanishes, only to appear on the other side of the beast, where he looses his lance at one of its eyes.

Arodel throws his lance, it negates cover and concealment so no bonuses from it being in the water, no range penalties, Triple-throw kicks in, it triplicates itself, here are its three attacks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

These attacks ignore all Insight and Deflection bonuses to AC, and also ignore all Damage Resistance and Regeneration.

Each attack that hits deals [roll3] + [roll4] fire + [roll5] cold + [roll6] acid + [roll7] lightning + [roll8] sonic + 47 damage. Also, 1 negative level. It is under a dimensional anchor effect after being hit. If it dies, it can't be brought back except by wish/miracle + true res. These are the effects of each spear.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 05:29 AM
Ariana leaves her sphere where it is, not trusting the creature not to come back.

Turning she tries her ever so subtle "shoot 'em 'til they die" tactic on the hoarde.

------------------
Eldritch Chain:
Primary: [roll0] // [roll1]
- Secondary: [roll2] // [roll3]
- Secondary: [roll4] // [roll5]
- Secondary: [roll6] // [roll7]
- Secondary: [roll8] // [roll9]

Primary: [roll10] // [roll11]
- Secondary: [roll12] // [roll13]
- Secondary: [roll14] // [roll15]
- Secondary: [roll16] // [roll17]
- Secondary: [roll18] // [roll19]

Primary: [roll20] // [roll21]
- Secondary: [roll22] // [roll23]
- Secondary: [roll24] // [roll25]
- Secondary: [roll26] // [roll27]
- Secondary: [roll28] // [roll29]

Cardea
2010-11-28, 01:56 AM
@Vael
Archimaeus sighs heavily. "Yes. It is the Annulus. So I do not have to tell you how concerning such an object is. But... there is... something else." He extends his forefinger, and the tip of it shines bright blue. He points it at the Annulus symbol, and it begins to warp and change. The outer ring breaks apart and moves outward, and the inner ring disappears. the symbols arrange themselves into a symbol: http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad232/CardeaAfton/symbol.jpg?t=1290916616. The outer ring then collapes and encircles the new symbol. "This is the Ratinus. The brother to the Annulus. While it remains in existences, it keeps it's brother in check. The reason this is relevant now..." he trails off, leaning back in his chair. "Is that it may be in the portal. Somewhere, lost, and perhaps even in danger. I need to tell you first hand: If you find it, do not destroy it, and do not let it see you Manifest, and do not touch it with your powers. I have no idea what contact with it will do to you."

Against the combined spells, the horde explode. One starting off another, and another, and another, and so forth, until the area where the horde was is nothing but air again, as they explode into mixture of fire and lights. Canas' onslaught of magic strikes against the creature, and it begins to rot away the outside. It shrugs off the magic of Aclop, but moans in pain against his continued biting, and by the assault of Arodel. By now, the creature is missing hunks in it's body, and it stops moving, now sinking downward. It's body snaps back up, however, it's eyes now in several segments, staring at each of you individually.

COMBAT
Make a DC 45 Fort check or be stunned for eight rounds, from the pretty light show that burned into your retinas. If you are normally immune to being stunned, you are instead stunned for five rounds.
Make a DC 55 Will check. If you failed the Stun check, you take a -7 penalty to this check.
MAP
Is no longer in use for the time being.

Ryuuk
2010-11-28, 03:31 AM
Canas
I bet you wish you'd followed Ashy's advice some other day, don't you?
Immediate Action: Ruin Delver's Fortune for +12 Luck on the Fort save

Fort Save: [roll0] + 4 If this counts as 'from an aberration' and triggers Gaia's 'Earth's Fury'

Will Save: [roll1] + 4 If this counts as 'from an aberration' and triggers Gaia's 'Earth's Fury'

Assuming it fails, would this trigger Slippery Mind next round?

Starsign
2010-11-28, 09:38 AM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]
Will Save: [roll1]
What does failing the Will save do?

Chambers
2010-11-28, 12:24 PM
Har

Standing next to Rodes, Har watches the battle unfold. "Such a strange beast. I wonder from whence it came, whether it is a monster crossed over from the portal or some sea leviathan attracted to it." He strokes his beard with one hand and arches an eyebrow as he turns to Rodes. "If it is within your power I would ask you to transport me there. My companions are in mortal combat and I must go to their aid."

He glances back at the portal he stepped through. "The lady is still conversing with the Grand Mage...yet I fear to wait for her longer. If there is any magical protections you may grant me before sending me, I would be thankful." He grins. "And...if you could place me atop the beast itself, that would be to my advantage."

Planning on Balancing on top of the monster. Figure that's appropriate for Epic and not too implausible seeing as how Har can Balance on water by rolling an 11.

AmberVael
2010-11-29, 02:34 PM
Eiryha

Eiryha is silent for a moment before she responds.
"I will exercise the necessary caution if I find it, Archmage, though I wonder why it is you are so fearful. Even the Annulus requires a wielder..."
And of course, Eiryha wonders if that is indeed what he fears. Perhaps the idea of her using the artifact made him fearful.
Exercise caution nonetheless. Perhaps he knows more than he lets on, one way or the other.
Advises Archon.

"The others will be waiting for me, and there is a task that needs doing. I'll keep your words in mind."
Eiryha says brusquely before sweeping out of the office and out to where Har is waiting.

"We're going. Stand still, dwarf."

Cardea
2010-11-29, 06:12 PM
Canas
The battle is nowhere in sight, as the world fades to black. You can no longer feel the presence of your vestiges, and you can no longer feel power coursing through your being. In the distance, you can see a creature walking towards you; a large hound, with three heads, with a slight smile on it's... his... face. "Child."
Aclop
You feel yourself falling, and soon your vision changes, as you drift higher and higher towards the clouds... with your warped body behind you. Faster you fly towards the clouds, until you find yourself about to crash with them. But instead, you go through them, and find yourself staring at a forest, decaying before your eyes. People flee from it, and some throw magic at it. A few others try and turn into a different animal, but... nothing seems to stop the rot of the forest before you.
Har
The wall flits it's image, and the face of a Dwarf you thought long dead shows in the middle of it, taking up most of the image. His face is dry, his beard withered, his eyes hollow, and open wounds in spots on his forehead and temple. "That is my crown you wear, Dwarf, like a child playing dress up." He says, dust coming out as he talks.
Vael
The words 'Mother', 'Sleep' and 'Mistake' come to your mind, but are dismissed as you see several of the people fighting the... monster on the wall stop what they are doing. The Dwarf, Har, is held still too, and you can see his eyes are glazed over.

Chambers
2010-11-29, 06:42 PM
Har
"So the mage spoke true..." Har's back stiffens and he stands straight as the ghostly apparation fills the screen. "Nay, spectre. This is not your crown." Har says, staring into the empty eyes of the dwarf. "This is the crown of the dwarfhold, given by the people to the King in trust. Trust that he will honor their loyalty with respect and protection. Trust that he will not succumb to secret whispers of foolish power."

Har takes a step forward, closer to the screen. "They trusted you...and you let them down." Har says, his voice soft. "This was never your crown, as it is not mine. It is mine to wear by virtue of my deeds...and your actions stripped you of that right long before the crown itself passed from your head."

He stares at the image of the dead king, a sadness in Har's eyes. "Go back to your rest, spectre of the dead. Trouble the living no more."

Starsign
2010-11-29, 06:56 PM
DM only
The vision of the aberrant disappeared and Aclop had found himself back in his ghoulish body. Clopis nor anyone else was around him. The sight of the decayed woods and the fleeing druids left him in shock. "Has this... happened since my farewell from the living?" he asked himself quietly. Walking aimlessly, he realized eventually there were only two paths to choose, the path of the living amongst the Druids, or the path of the undead amongst the decayed wood. Aclop was left silent, without knowledge of what to do...

Magicyop
2010-11-29, 08:51 PM
I rolled my saves in the OOC thread? Does anything happen to Arodel? He failed both.

Ryuuk
2010-11-30, 12:39 AM
Canas

For a few brief moments, Canas truly completely alone for the first time since he could remember. It was... different. No voices, no shadows that were. It was neither a breath of fresh air, nor a terrifying realization. It simply was. But the void and the powerlessness, that was another deal entirely.

He spots the hound and adds that to the pieces, which slowly form a picture he'd rather they didn't. "Naberius... Odd of you to only speak a single word. What is this? What just happened?"

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 01:07 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]
Will Save: [roll1] -7 = [33]

Can't pass either one. This is bad I assume.

Cardea
2010-12-06, 09:47 AM
OOC
OH MY WELL THAT WAS VERY LONG WASN'T IT
Ariana
You stare at the monster's eyes, and after you blink, you find yourself high above the rest of the world. About you is straw and thatch and tree branches, half-seriously put together and woven to hold. All along it are feathers and small animal skeletons. The sky is clear and the clouds are few off in between, and at the edge of this 'platform' of sorts you see a small humanoid figure, with feathered arms.

DC 30 Listen Check
On Success
You hear a faint whisper above the sound of the wind. It's strained and forced out, but barely audible. "A... ari.... ari... aaaana...."
Arodel
You feel a noose around your neck, and you feel yourself being pulled towards land at an incredible rate. The water rushes away, and soon does the land, and eventually you find yourself being flung through a forest. You narrowly avoid being pulled into trees, until eventually the noose lets go, and you're dropped onto the ground. Around you is a forest, trees flying up towards the sky, and you find yourself in a clearing, in which is only a small, ruined building, with a sign in front that has had it's words erode away with time.
Canas
"Was merely a greeting." The hound sits down in front of you, and while the middle one looks at you, the other two look around itself. "Well... it looks like you've messed up in a terrible way, Canas. Are you playing with the Far Realms? I know how much you enjoy dealing with crazy spirits, aside from me of course, and this looks just like something they'd do to you."
Aclop
The Druids stop. The decaying stops. All the world around you stops. Iron walls rise up in the distance, sealing you into this part of the forest, and a voice screams at you, a woman's, sickly. "This is what you failed to prevent! What you ran away from! Druid of nature!? Child of magic!? Failure!" The Druids turn, and start to walk, to you.
Har
"Trouble the living, boy?" The Dwarf says, laughing, more dust coming out of his mouth. "I trouble naught but those who are destined to die soon. You are safer dead here, than you are to go to your so-called 'allies'."
Vael
Har moves towards the screen, and starts talking to it. "Nay, spectre. This is not your crown. This is the crown of the dwarfhold, given by the people to the King in trust. Trust that he will honor their loyalty with respect and protection. Trust that he will not succumb to secret whispers of foolish power." His voice drops lower, softer, as he gets even closer to the screen. "They trusted you...and you let them down. This was never your crown, as it is not mine. It is mine to wear by virtue of my deeds...and your actions stripped you of that right long before the crown itself passed from your head."

His voice again, takes on his stern tone. "Go back to your rest, spectre of the dead. Trouble the living no more."
Gyrenar
You blink, once, twice, and the world around you changes. Your eyes open up to a copy of you, lightly smacking you in the face. The ground below you is earthen, and cold to the touch. "Hey. Come on now. Thought you were better than that, you little punk."
Psyche
"Ps.... Psy.... Psssyche.... do you love... us still?" A voice booms in your head. The sky turns to night and the storm disappears. You fall to the ocean below you, and as you hit the surface, you impact onto a solid chunk of ice. It's sizable, easily the size of eight elephants, but at the edges of it are corpses, scratching to get to you. One, a man who wears armor emblazoned with a tattered flag. And the rest, hooded figures who bear a symbol of the Arcane Order. "Pssssyche...." And with reach scratch at the ice, a little bit of it is torn away.

AmberVael
2010-12-06, 12:01 PM
Eiryha

As Eiryha peers at the battle, information flicks through her brain, sorting out what was relevant.
"Enough of this."

A circle of clockwork and sigils surrounds Eiryha, pulsing and shifting as she manages her psionic powers. In a moment, she vanishes, and reappears above the battlefield. Energy swirls around around her arms, charging the ectoplasm she summons with searing hot fire. White hot flames leap from her hands as she channels it towards the aberrant beast below, attempting to sear its flesh from its body.

Swift Action:
Manifest Temporal Acceleration and augment it to grant Three rounds total.
Round 1: Manifest Schism.
Round 2: Manifest True Metabolism
Round 3: Manifest Greater Teleport to teleport to the fight.
PP Cost: 18

Standard Action:
Manifest Empowered, Twinned Energy Bolt (Fire), Overchanneling for +3 ML.
First Energy Bolt: [roll0]*1.5 +20
Second Energy Bolt [roll1]*1.5 +20
Overchannel Damage (to me): [roll2]
Manifester Level 28.
PP Cost: 27

128 damage (DC 35 reflex save for half)
111 damage (DC 35 reflex save for half)

Schism Action:
Manifest Empowered, Twinned Energy Bolt (Fire), Overchanneling for +3 ML.
First Energy Bolt: [roll3]*1.5 +14
Second Energy Bolt [roll4]*1.5 +14
Overchannel Damage (to me): [roll5]
Manifester Level 22.
PP Cost: 21

93 damage (DC 32 reflex save for half)
96 damage (DC 32 reflex save for half)

Quickened Power:
Apparently quicken power doesn't use a swift action. Who knew? If you want to rule it does, just ignore this part.
Manifest Quickened, Empowered, Twinned Energy Bolt (Fire), Overchanneling for +3 ML.
First Energy Bolt: [roll6]*1.5 +14
Second Energy Bolt [roll7]*1.5 +14
Overchannel Damage (to me): [roll8]
Manifester Level 28.
PP Cost: 27

78 damage (DC 32 reflex save for half)
98 damage (DC 32 reflex save for half)

Starsign
2010-12-06, 11:14 PM
Aclop's eyes rose in shock of the meaning of this sight. "The plague...!" he spoke quietly as he had realized this is what happened to the druids during his early time as an undead. He had realized that in death, he could not stop the plague from stopping, a disaster he did not avert. Thanks to the ghoulish druid that the other druids have most likely been wiped out.

"S...So I did fail, but...!" Aclop tried to speak, tried to get the words out that he was looking for. "But...!" However, such words were not his to say. He could not find them as he had no reason to. He felt that this was his duty to prevent it, and he could not complete it. He backed up slowly as the others advanced on him. He knew there was nowhere to go, but he did not want to feel their wrath, their sorrow, whatever they suffered in their moment of dying...

Chambers
2010-12-07, 12:43 AM
Har

"If I must die to uphold my oath, then I will die. You would tempt me with the coward's death, to escape my duty?" Har eyes the rotting kings face. He steps forward and stabs the pile of dust on the flood with the butt of his naginata. Tracing the outlines of the stone beneath the dust he whips the weapon fast and tight circles on the floor, swirling the dust away. "Your threats and succor are empty, spectre. As empty and passing as the dust that crumbles from your face. Begone, and let me pass." He stares into the hollow eye sockets of the dead king. "If there is a part of your soul still uncorrupted by the demon, then let me pass. Do not let the demon's touch taint you in death as it did in life. Fight him!"

Ryuuk
2010-12-07, 01:43 AM
Canas

"No more then circumstances warranted..." Shrugging, he takes a seat next to the hound, joining him in staring into the void. Mentally he makes note of a few things, it could be him, memory lapses weren't exactly rare with them, but... This was too sudden. In time he'd know, but it was best to focus on the but. The alternative would mean he'd finally joined them. It was best to relax, try to enjoy to the rare silence. One way or another, things couldn't be that bad. "You still haven't answered though. You were there too, you always are. Was Gaia's protection just a flash in the pan?"

Cogidubnus
2010-12-07, 12:57 PM
Psyche

Psyche's scream echoes up from beneath those still flying as she sees the corpse in the armour.

"Please...stop. I can fix you. Give me a little time. I can find the spell to bring you back."

She stands, desperately trying not to fall towards the creatures at edge of the ice.

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-10, 01:49 PM
Ariana

((Listen: [roll0]))

Ariana shakes her head as she sees the creature and addresses it.

"How did I get here?"

Cardea
2010-12-13, 08:24 PM
Eiryha
Bolts of fire speed towards the creature; on the first two, it begins to yell out, and on the last four, it falls. It's body sinks into the ocean, and as you look around the plane, you see that everyone has stopped moving, all of them floating where they were while fighting. Some still yell out. "S...So I did fail, but...! But...!" "You still haven't answered though. You were there too, you always are. Was Gaia's protection just a flash in the pan?" "Please...stop. I can fix you. Give me a little time. I can find the spell to bring you back.""How did I get here?" The voices drift up to you, mostly faded out by the storm.
Starsign
As the Druids reach out for you, they disperse away, and your vision changes back to the battle. The different, however, being the creature now sinking into the ocean, the remainder still above water burning away.
Har
"Horlemmar, Mosgrim. You speak to me to fight myself. Such a... troubling Dwarrrrrffffff..." The image fades, and the battle on the screen changes suddenly. Eiryha is now there, and the creature now is sinking, burning away on the parts that have not been submerged. Beside you, where you were before you walked up to the screen, stands Rodes, who is waving his hand in front of you, the energies of his face forming a very loose expression of concern. "Y'hello? Har, are you alright? Eiryha left already while you were... doing what you were doing. I can transport you there now, if you'd like."
Ariana
The creature turns around to you, and it's thin face instantly finds your recognition: it is Esthandren. It speaks to you, in a low tone, barely audible; Do.... nnot goo... innto the realms... It's eyes dart back and forth, and it is visibly shaken. Behind you, you feel a a strong pull at your body, and upon looking behind you, you see that half of this platform has been replaced by a glittering image of the battle you were in.
Canas
"Ah, yes, Gaia. You've been binding with the old biddy, haven't you? No, this is... this is different. Gaia's doing all she can right now to make sure you don't fall too far into the darkness." The head closest to you says, now paying attention to you, as the middle head begins to idly survey the emptiness. "But, Child, this is a bad place for you to be in. You're a talented one, and I would hate to see you become subject to those who dwell in the Realms"

In front of you, a short distance ahead, an image pops up, larger than five horses. It depicts the battle you were just in. "But then again, I couldn't really stop you if I tried. If you must go, exercise caution, and try and adhere to whatever influence Gaia will have over you. As much as she and I disagree, she does have good intentions."
Cogidubnus
"It'ssss far too late for that, Pssssyche... I have been waiting... for ssso long...." As they crawl further towards you, your vision changes suddenly back to where you were before you fell. The creature is now sinking, and the parts that haven't been submerged yet burn. Below you, there is no ice, there are no corpses, but you can hear the faint call of your name, once more.

Ryuuk
2010-12-14, 03:42 PM
Canas

"So I should cut loose and bring an end to all unnatural... Coming from you, saying it like that, I'll have to keep it in mind." He stands, peering into the distant image. "Beware the darkness. Hmm, does it really matter?" He turns back to the hound, smiling. He liked this side of Naberious, perhaps there was a bit more to the nuisance he'd come to know. "Down there it would the things from the Realm, back here it'll be my darling apprentice... Either way, I'll likely envy death eventually. Finding myself back here in the void is probably the best I can hope for... and that's probably too good for me, if you ask Ursula's father..."

"But don't worry, I'll walk out of there alive and able." He starts heading towards the image, nodding his head to signal the hound to join him. "I still have much to teach her and until then, you will have your door." As he walks forward he puts his hands together and tries to feel the power in his blood. If it's still there, he focuses to recollect the power of the Unbinding stone he'd found years ago. It might be needed.

AmberVael
2010-12-15, 05:38 PM
Eiryha

Likely, the effect would fade soon enough. Some seemed to be coming around already- she only needed to wait.

Eiryha hovers above, keeping watch on the portal and the burning corpse below. If this beast was here, there might be more waiting- or that had already escaped. She wouldn't want to be caught off guard.

Starsign
2010-12-15, 05:53 PM
Aclop finds himself back in the battle, watching the apparently dying creature, only able to look in shock at what happened just previously ago. "...It's only the past" he thought to himself, "What should be done is what has not already happened..." he thought, calming his worries and fears as he could only look on at the conclusion of the fight...

Chambers
2010-12-16, 05:28 PM
Har

"Hrmm?" Har shakes his head and looks up at the screen. "Oh. Yes. I am fine." He glances back towards where the kings head was and squints, looking for traces of dust. "It appears they have overcome the beast. If you could transport me to stand on it's corpse, that will be sufficient."

Niezck
2011-01-01, 10:22 AM
((Woah, totally forgot about this <_<))

Gyerenar

"What're you talking about? You're me? I'm you? The hell?"

Cardea
2011-01-21, 10:56 PM
The storm rages on around you all, with no hint at stopping. The creature's body can still be seen, floating on the ocean surface. The whirlpool, too, remains the same... for the most part. The pink glow has grown in intensity, now pulsating. Small trails of electricity jolt in and out of it.Those of you that have broken free of the images see that a few of you are in a state of paralysis. They hang in the air, their bodies hanging like a rag doll in the air, without any expression on their face.

Har
"On it's corpse? Uh, yeah, I could do that. But we have another guest amongst us. Late arrival, y'know?" You can hear the black plates in the chamber below shift and move. "Let's go welcome him? He's going to be clueless otherwise." He says, walking over, and going through the portal to the ground floor.

Gyrenar
"Like I'd want to be you." The You says, standing up. He looks around the black area around you, whistling at the seeming vastness of it. "Jeez, kid. What are you getting yourself into?"

Ryuuk
2011-01-22, 02:07 PM
Canas

Snapping back, Canas takes a deep breath as he looks around. The ground was, well, seemed to be dead now. Those visions had been... interesting. He stands tall and turns to the floating companions above him, and hollers out. "Everyone alright up there?" Still, perhaps it was best he got to work. If they were still trapped by the time he was done, he might need to intercede.

He places his hands on his chest and concentrates.

How dare you! No, no...

I see... very well...

Both come out with a glow which quickly dissipates. He continues, and his fingers take a strange tint as he kneels down over the beasts carcass.

The rain... the sky is weeping...

Ah... You've come back to me, I knew you would...

The water, in all its violent and murky depths, seemed like home now.

OoC
Expeling Ipos and Acerak

Binding Focalor and Shax

If after his pacts the others are still out of it, he'll fly up and cast Unbinding

Niezck
2011-01-22, 02:29 PM
"Kid? Who the hell are you calling kid, punk? I could kick your ass ten times over and you know it. Now what the hell is this place and how do I get out? Got a squid to kill, y'know."

Starsign
2011-01-22, 02:35 PM
Aclop takes a moment use his many eyes to see who was still there. He had noticed some of them in a state of unmoving, like a paralysis. A fate worse than death, perhaps. There wasn't time for worrying however, Aclop sees the mess of a creature on the surface, and with a focus on his abbreviated body, fires five rays of spell energy onto the creature. The only way to be sure, Aclop thought to himself. He's been aware of creatures only faking their death, and he would like to avoid this creature regenerating itself at the worst possible time.
Paralyzed, unable to make action. Er, nevermind. Attack and Damage rolls on the OOC thread. Use Harm, Disintegrate, Cone of Cold, Magic Missile, and Lightning Bolt

Chambers
2011-01-23, 09:26 AM
Har

Looking at the images on the screen for another moment Har nods his head and follows Rodes through the portal. The beast has been slain...the spectre banished...all this before going to where we are going. I wonder what we'll find on the other side...

Dorizzit
2011-01-23, 03:32 PM
[The Far West]
The Field of Al'Keth, a.k.a. the Lich's Graveyard

Centuries ago, the Field of Al'Keth was the sight of the final stand of the mighty Alterran Empire before it fell to the combined might of the Unified Ocerans, the Autonomous Populus, and the Knights of Kororis. Thousands of soldiers died here, and ancient magics long since lost scoured the land of life. Even today, little grows in the blasted red soil, and animals avoid it like the plague. Even sentient races have a decided feeling of wrongness within, and combined with the rumors of ancient undead and even a lich calling the field home, it is a territory shunned by all. Shattered weapons and pieces of armor still lie, untouched, on the flat landscape, adding further to the image of desolation a watcher would behold.

Said image is somewhat ruined by the presence of a man in flowing robes digging a hole in the ground with a shovel while whistling a jaunty tune.

A movement in the corner of his eye distracts the figure, who drops the shovel at the side of the pit and hops out with surprising strength, retrieving the long staff that was leaned against one of the hole's corners in the process. Bending over, he accepts the letter delivered by the metal dog. Dissolving the seal, he reads the letter within. A thin pillar of crumbling earth slides from the ground next to him, a deep voice resonating through it.

"What is it?"
"It's a summons from Archimaeus. It seems that something big is happening, and he wants our help. You ready to leave?"
"I suppose. Very well, let's get this over with."
"That's the spirit, let's go."

[Jeybrim Isle]
The Tower of Matthews

Once more, the shifting plates that form the entrance to the Tower of Matthews fly out to form a bridge, across which walks the same aging man from before. He assuredly walks forward, entering the tower's ground floor before looking around contemplatively.

"Anybody home?"

Cardea
2011-01-27, 08:04 PM
Tower of Matthews

"Ah ah ah! Late! Late late late!" Rodes says, motioning for Har to follow him, while wagging a cloud finger at Tevesh. He jabs his finger into the air to his right, leaving behind a trail of lightning. It slowly begins to rotate clockwise, as he continues to approach Tevesh. "Alright, well, this is awkward, now isn't it?" He says, looking over at Har, and back at Tevesh. "Tevesh, this is Har Granflec. Har, this is Tevesh Lanam. Har is a dwarf and is... well... dwarfish. Tevesh is... well... let's say what he does isn't very nice and oh look, Portal's done!"

The line of lightning had now turned into a circle, and through it you can see a whirlpool, with several figures hovering in the air near it. The sky in the scene is dark, with lightning flashing in the distance. No sound comes out. "Now, look, the others have dealt with this... giant... squid... thing? And right now they're doing... something. I'm not quite sure what, since I had to come down here."

He looks up, suddenly aware of something. "I'm sorry, I'm Rodes. One of Archimaeus' familiars."

Whirlpool

The whirlpool intensifies, the pink sparks picking up in frequency. From the center of it, rises a set of pink glowing tiles. They place themselves in a spiral, forming a staircase. The noise of the storm dies down, though still rages on, and a set of footsteps is heard. It isn't stomping, nor is it in any rush, and while they are slow, they are steady. They stop, as an armored figure (http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs28/i/2008/111/7/7/Organic_Armor_Design_01_by_galanpang.jpg) comes to the top. It's head turns back and forth between you all, remaining silent.

Gyrenar
The You looks at you, and shakes his head. "And to think, you were such a nice little brat when you started worshiping me." He looks over his body, nodding. "Though you have improved your looks. Nice stuff."

Dorizzit
2011-01-27, 09:42 PM
[Tower of Matthews]
Foyer

Tevesh looks on at Rodes without surprise or irritation, listening to the elemental's snide admonishment with only a slight smile. He takes a few steps further into the tower, his robes trailing around his lean form. Turning from Rodes for a minute, he faces Har. In a smooth, slow motion, he sweeps the wide-brimmed hat from his head and bows deeply before straightening himself up and replacing his hat.

"A pleasure to meet you, sir Granflec. Before you start getting worried by Rodes'...dramatic description of my abilities, it's nothing horrible such as demon summoning or the like. I am a necromancer, you see, one of the foremost in the field."

He turns back to the familiar.

"Now the-"
"Is that a storm elemental? Revolting."

Tevesh sighs and turns towards the door at the sound of the deep, rumbling voice.

"Come on, be nice."
"Feh."
"Alright, into the ball."
"Oh, come on."
"Tombstone, you can't fit through that portal."
"...Fine..."

Tevesh strides over to the door, and removes a rounded sphere of earth slightly larger than a man's skull from one sleeve. From the ground outside, a twisting stream of barren earth erupts from the ground and swirls into the orb. After several seconds, the stream becomes fully absorbed by the sphere, which has not grown at all. Tevesh returns it to his sleeve and turns to the others.

"There. Now then, can someone fill me in on what exactly is going on?"

Ryuuk
2011-01-27, 11:08 PM
Canas

"Thank you for your cooperation, we'll start once the others have---" He stops when the squid's remains start shaking violently. Turning to the sky's he sees the gibbering orb as the source. Instinct makes him raise his hand.

Another abomination... end it, now!

The green woman stands next to him, in the same stance as Canas. The hound sits some distance off, like a trained dog waiting for its master, and watches the scene unfold.

Canas stops here and takes a deep breath. "No..."

HAHA, told you One of the heads is celebrating, the other snickers and the last looks down in disappointment.

Boy... don't test me... it must be killed... whipped of the earth! It's an insult to the sanctity of the---

"He is a poor soul cursed to walk after death, the real threat is down there... whatever it is."

The disappointed head looks up

Where is it then!

Canas closes his eyes, then his hand. Finally, he lowers it. Hoping back, he takes to the air and watches the portal. When the visitor comes, Canas looks surprised. Once again the urge, once again he restrains it. He shakes his head and approaches the figure with care. "Welcome... Are you looking for anything in particular?" If there is no answer, he tries again with another language, using the closest phrase to 'Welcome' he can translate. He'll continue until he gets a response, trying language after language. Nevertheless, he keeps his distance, and doesn't drop his guard.

Gaia grants Polyglot. He'll get 100ft from the visitor when trying to make contact.

Starsign
2011-01-27, 11:20 PM
Aclop, still vigilant on staying in his gibbering state of an abomination, slowly starts to move toward the new creature that has appeared. His eyes moved around it's massive sphere of flesh to check if there was anyone or anything else around. While the figure was very much smaller than the previous aberration that had attacked them, Aclop knew of course by experience that size was only an idea of show, not a measure of power.

Aclop stayed at a distance between him and the new figure that was further than the distance between the figure and Canas. The aberration had the feeling that Canas took a bit of interest in the ghoul, perhaps they would chat more in the future. For now however, Aclop was still, letting Canas and whoever else who offered play things out, the ghoul was never good in conversations in the first place.

Spot check: [/roll]1d20+18[/roll] Ugh, nevermind. I'd like to take the time to take 10, as I have the feeling with this size that I'm not going to be helpful for Gyrenar's amazing invisible journey towards the unknown. :smalltongue:

Niezck
2011-01-28, 08:18 PM
"Wor-Worshipping you? Are you ... ? No. You can't be! This isn't a vision, is it? Oh god damn! Err, no offence. Why are you here then?"

AmberVael
2011-01-29, 11:30 AM
<Speak, stranger.>
Eiryha says, reaching out to him telepathically. She seems rather imperious and haughty in her presentation, so it probably isn't helping matters. Of course, she doesn't have to sort through languages like Canas, so that might be of some use.

Cardea
2011-01-29, 12:37 PM
Eiryha
The creature responds, through a system of clicks and grunts: "Survey. Report. Sample. Sample. Sample. Please respond. Sample. Sample. Survey. Report. Sample."

The creature looks at Canas, and twitches. He holds out both of his hands, and once every couple of seconds change which way it's directed. He waves it's fingers, each time it shifts it's hands, and then holds it's palm out. It lets out a string of clicks and grunts, similar to a cicada, as it looks at the Pact Binder.

It doesn't take much to realize that it is holding it's hands out, directing them at everyone in the group.

Gyrenar
"Well..." he says, turning on his heel, walking slowly towards you. "There's this older God that I know. Very old man. Kind of always drunk, or wishing he was. Goes by the name of Odin. Ever hear of him?" He says, as he takes an impossibly thin dagger from his... your... belt. It looks to be made out of a single piece of metal, dark and slick, except for the pommel, which bears a porcelain mask, in the shape of his holy symbol.

Niezck
2011-01-31, 02:38 PM
"Yeah, I heard of him. What of it? And what's that dagger?"

Starsign
2011-01-31, 03:09 PM
Aclop held still, looking at the figure. It didn't seem aggressive, at least, from a first impression. The motion is was doing gave Aclop the suggestion, "It seems to want something." It was an idea at the moment, though there were probably better ones. Aclop didn't move from his position, however his dire wolverine companion, Clopis, who stayed back from the battle, slowly edged closer to the figure, perhaps in curiosity, or in bravery.

Ryuuk
2011-02-02, 12:48 PM
Canas

"Something with us... and it can't seem to speak." One of Canas's fists is clenched, and from the look of things, he's doing everything in his power to keep it clenched.
Machine or abomination, it doesn't belong here boy... Don't try my patience.
"Just shut up, let me think..." Muttering to himself, he closes his eys and looks for anything that might explain this. A mechanical creature from beyond... just what the hell did this mean.
Hehe, stupid hag...
OoC
Trying some knowledge checks to see if Canas can figure out anything about the staircase or visitor.

Knowledge Planes [roll0]

Knowledge Arcane:[roll1]

Cardea
2011-02-04, 09:28 PM
Tower of Matthews

Rodes calms his posture, and faces . "There is currently a whirlpool in the middle of the ocean that we believe is connected to some other level of existence. It's similar to a portal made once before by a mage known in stories as 'The Terrible Urdais'. This is concerning because the last time it was opened, a continent disappeared."

He turns to the portal and stops, standing next to it. "The whirlpool is connected to the portal, and those who have already left have taken care of what I'm assuming is a protector or warder of the whirlpool. And currently-" He says, as the image changes, now showing a figure in the middle of the whirlpool, arms outstretched. "They are dealing with a new figure. And I honestly could not tell you what he does."

Chambers
2011-02-04, 10:34 PM
Har

"It is as he says." Har nods to the newcomer, the heavy band of adamantine resting on his head staying still as he does so. "I am Har Granflec, King of the Dwarfhold." He pauses a moment and rests his naginata against his shoulder. "I don't know many necromancers...or those who would willingly claim that title." He glances up and down Tevesh. "But the Grand Mage has summoned you. We will go to meet with the others."

Turning to Rodes he says "Please take us to them."

Ryuuk
2011-02-05, 04:21 PM
Canas
I see... Do you need any more proof boy? This visitor does not belong here...
his eyes are still closed, and his fist still clenched. Slowly it opens and he starts feeling his power surge through. He takes a deep breath and closes it again though, the spell broken. "Enough" His eyes still closed, he speaks aloud.
What now then? Are you just going to let it be?
"I don't know if you can understand, but I don't care right now. The guy in charge wants something done so I'm going to get to work. If you push us, we will push back though, this much should be clear." He flies back and turns to Aclop, as well as any of the others that are awake. If some are still out of it, he'll cast Unbinding to free them. "I'll get to work on hiding the breech. keep an eye on that thing, it's... some kind of conglomerate of aberrations, it seems to understand, but if it wanted to attack us, it would have done so already. I'd rather not deal with that right now, I'm carrying a bit of baggage." He turns back to the portal momentarily. "Now, if you'll excuse me..." Now he dives into the waters.

Waterbreating + Swim Speed + Flight should help me stay level in the water.

He'll go into the water to see if the portal is at the bottom of the sea, if not, to learn at what height. Assuming the portal is some kind of circle, how big would it's radius be again?

Dorizzit
2011-02-05, 11:21 PM
Har

"It is as he says." Har nods to the newcomer, the heavy band of adamantine resting on his head staying still as he does so. "I am Har Granflec, King of the Dwarfhold." He pauses a moment and rests his naginata against his shoulder. "I don't know many necromancers...or those who would willingly claim that title." He glances up and down Tevesh. "But the Grand Mage has summoned you. We will go to meet with the others."

Turning to Rodes he says "Please take us to them."

[Tower of Matthews]
Foyer

Tevesh nods, his face unexpressive.

"Most Necromancers who would willingly claim the title are tomb robbers who violate the dead for their own twisted ends. I have done my best to ensure that their kind has been eradicated...sometimes just talking to them and pointing out their mistakes is enough. Most of the time...they must be silenced. I will not allow the fallen to be so desecrated."

He pauses.

"Anyway, I'll allow my actions to speak for themselves. Judge me by them. Rodes? Where to?"

AmberVael
2011-02-08, 10:42 PM
"It seems a simple thing."
Eiryha finally comments, broadcasting her thoughts via telepathy to the others if need be.
"Little more than a drive to scan and report its findings to something else."

Starsign
2011-02-10, 10:10 PM
"It seems a simple thing."
Eiryha finally comments, broadcasting her thoughts via telepathy to the others if need be.
"Little more than a drive to scan and report its findings to something else."

Aclop and Clopis held position at Eiryha's words. "Hmm... at the risk of this thing possibly being aligned to a foe, I propose we simply wait for Canas," the gibbering orb responded. "It shows no actions aside from it's repeating movements, There should be no need for needless actions until we get info below the sea floor." His words came out unsurprisingly gargled, but clear enough to understand. His voice held calm dispute the form he took.