PDA

View Full Version : riding[3.5] Feats for a gnome archer riding a panther

cheese monster
2010-10-25, 11:51 AM
I'm making a gnome archer druid riding a panther and he needs some new feats. The ones he has right now are

1. natural spell
2. mounted combat
3. mounted archery
4. ride-by-attack

He has the fore feats above and I was wondering are there better feats for a gnome archer druid riding a panther

the clumsy bard
2010-10-25, 12:26 PM
Depends what books you have available to you.

That aside I'd suggest the following:

Point blank shot (mostly as a prerequisite)
Precise shot (you are shooting into combat for sure)
many shot
greater many shot
woodland archer (makes your shots easier to take the more you miss)

On a side note... natural spell might be put off for later if you are planning on running around on your panther mount for the lower levels... its a great feat, but if your main purpose ends up being a mounted archer, perhaps its not the right choice for your character. Unless of course you are wildshaping into something that will still ride the panther of course!

Ride by attack is a little redundant as well unless you are mellee attacking in combat with a lance etc...

grarrrg
2010-10-25, 12:40 PM
Zen archery anyone?

teslas
2010-10-25, 01:51 PM
Out of curiosity, if you are an archer, why did you get ride-by-attack?

It's probably not worth a feat, but there's a "Mounted Fighting" feat for a blanket +1/+1 to attacks made while mounted. It's better than weapon focus: weapon.

As clumsy bard said, point-blank and precise shot are nearly must-haves.

edit-
Oh yeah, and duh, Zen Archery. If you're on a point-buy system of some sort, most of the time you don't need to touch dex much, if at all, above 8. Use that 16 or 18 wisdom you started with.

Cieyrin
2010-10-25, 02:36 PM
As others have said, you don't need Ride-By Attack for a mounted archer. You can have your mount move, you shoot and your mount move again out of the can. Mounted Archery just reduces the penalties for doing so, which can be a tad high, depending on how far you move in a round.

cheese monster
2010-11-06, 11:32 PM
what book is woodland archer and zen archery from?

Escheton
2010-11-06, 11:55 PM
Wild plains outrider?
It makes a wicked archer. Though I prefer the classic halfling on a dino/wolf.

grarrrg
2010-11-07, 02:35 AM
what book is woodland archer and zen archery from?

Woodland Archer (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Woodland_Archer) is from Races of the Wild

Zen Archery (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Zen_Archery) Complete Warrior, or Sword and Fist

cheese monster
2010-11-08, 11:38 PM
Wild plains outrider?
It makes a wicked archer. Though I prefer the classic halfling on a dino/wolf. yeah thats a good one. and thanks grarrrg.