PDA

View Full Version : The Middleman in the playground

cho_j
2010-10-25, 07:15 PM
So, time to bring up a wonderful, smart, entirely unconventional sci-fi show that lasted less than a whole season (no, NOT Firefly!). The Middleman! It was fabulous!

For those of you who don't know (that would be, probably 98.6% of you, but hey, it's the internet, so who knows for sure), let's quote its creator's original pitch:
"...an over-the-top, sixteen-car-pileup-sugar-popped-cereal-bowl of a series that's not afraid to be everything your mother warned you about television: a cartoonishly extreme, randomly fantastic, special-effects laden, three-fisted walking-and-talking toy-line advertisement of an action-adventure-sci-fi comic book in which the fabric of reality barely survives in the end, and the journey invariably reveals a completely surreal strangeness behind everything we hold to be true."

And here's the TV Tropes link: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheMiddleMan

Who's seen it? Who wants to see it (hopefully all of you, now)?

Starbuck_II
2010-10-27, 05:02 PM
I only saw the beggining episodes. Was great while it lasted.

cho_j
2010-10-27, 10:10 PM
Starbuck, I agree completely. :) They sell it on DVD now, and I bet some shadier parts of the intarwubz have it up... if you ever wanted to finish it.