PDA

View Full Version : The New Powers IC

ArlEammon
2010-10-25, 07:34 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173342

It has been 36,000 years since the destruction of the Old World. Now, the world has witnessed the return of the full Cosmic energy required to become what some have called "Gods". Not much is known of these strange creatures and how they had become so magically powerful, but the new gods are the focus of this story, and how they became the beings of Cosmic Power.

nysisobli
2010-10-25, 08:52 PM
It was raining that night, however it rains every night I suppose, the world is a cold, dark place, that is unforgiving and godless, murder and corruption everywhere, the only place that is outside of this ideal is this mountain Torangath. The man named Skythe was speaking to the new recruits in the sanctum, the holy mountain.

Skythe stood much taller then a normal man, he towered over all on the great mountain, His short black hair revealed much of the scars on his face, and his white robes and cloak shimmered in the wind, on the back of the cloak stood a silver crescent moon, and on his right side a massive warhammer, made from a meteor.

Class dismissed said the sage who brought order to this mountain.

At first there was just me, but since the war has broken out there have been more and more people coming to seek refuge, he thought to himself.

Several hours passed, and Skythe was taken to the square by several of his apprentices, as there was a punishment this day, a man had gotten caught with stealing money from around town.

We have told you the punishment for stealing in this paradise, haven't we David?

Yes, master....i'm sorry, it won't happen again
I know it won't, and with that Skythe transmuted the man into a statue made of silver, looking to the crowd

This is what happens when you steal let that be a warning to all of you! I will tolerate any crime here!

The 153 people of the mountain looked to Skythe and bowed, we are sorry great one, this will not be tainted they all said.

Skythe returned to his cave, and began the process of meditation he learned from the old books, and could feel himself much more enlightened then he had been 10 years ago when he found these books in the cave.

Storm Bringer
2010-10-26, 03:19 AM
Castle De Bolivar, Ortegan coast.

All along the long gallery, pairs of fighters sparred. some fought with spears, some with axes or hammers, some with daggers. most fought with swords of some sort, be they short, long, single or double edged, one or two handed.

up and down the gallery, weapons masters walked, observing the fighters and stopping bouts to offer critques and advice. the air was full cries of success, failure, and suprise, mixed with the panting of men trying to gulp down air as they fought. though the large windows that lit the room, one could look down on the tilting yard and watch armoured cavalry galloping around, practicing thier lance skills, or watch archers or gunners on the Butts.

while most were dressed in their shirtsleeves, it was clear that thier were people here form all over the world. Ortegan nobles dueled with Satraps form Dargoneth. A Michelovich mercenary captain traded blows with a 7 foot gaint form Barabazz. A Princling form across the great ocean sparred with one of hte Mage-Kings of Ardranis.

However, one man who moved though the lines of duelists was different. His clothing was made to a simplier cut, but stitched so beautifully as to appear smarter and better dressed than the nobles around him. his movments were not hurried, but he walked staight though sparring couples without distrubing either fighter. His hair was shorter than the long, curly locks of the nobilty around him.

He was Antonio De Bolivar, and he had no equal on the field of battle.

He ran this school of combat, so that those who wished to learn how to fight could train with the best. Of the 15 best swordsmen in Ortega, 12 of them were training masters here, not counting himself.

Antonio knew, for a fact, that in hand to hand combat, he could beat anyone in this school, with any weapon they choose. With bows and guns, he wasn't nearly as good, and the masters of archery here routinly beat him in skill contests. But he didn't care, for he could throw a knife as far as most of them could shoot a bow, and with enough accuracy to hit a man in the eye.

thier were those that said that his skill was neyond human, devine. Antonio didn't care. all he cared about was his honour, and his skill with a sword. those who said he was a god could think that. he would not stop them. If they came to him and asked him how to wield a blade, he would show them.

thier were also those who said that he was not the only godlike person on this planet. rumours spread of men in far away lands, whoose acts seemed to make even the greatest mages seem amatures.

Antonio would like to meet these new "gods". it would be nice to meet someone he wasn't certian of beating.

Robert Blackletter
2010-10-26, 06:05 AM
A dark figure walked towards a small village somewhere in southern Clovis. He could see a small church and peasants toiling in the fields. Not his usually style but the old priest who he had recently traded with had told him some something interesting about the paster here. Entering the village, the cloaked and hooded figure headed towards the church.

A small child ran into him, and Albert quickly grasp his hands as the child attempted top pick pocket him

"You may want a easier target child " He said still holding the child in a tight grip. "Now give me one good reason I shouldn't report you to Paster Bremen"

The child looked shockedPlease sir I'll give you anything He whispered with tears in his eyes.
"Anything, well that no sport, I tell you what kid we make a deal, come to my room at the inn tonight and I may have employment for you. Now do we have an deal" And With the last word Albert but a little power behind it. "Yes s..s..sir

Albert smiled as the child ran off, knowing that the power he had gained over time would force that child to abide by his agreement. Today had already gained him a profit, and soon the priest would give him more.

JeenLeen
2010-10-26, 03:30 PM
Chaz Afferson, a lesser Ardrainis college

The young man named Chaz stood with his sickly frame in his dark library, the thick curtains holding out the sunlight and a single candle illuminating the text he was perusing as he scribbled his note and comments in the margins.

It had been a peculiar few... months... years... He didn't have much reason to keep track of time, and got distracted in his research when there wasn't any particular project he was helping someone with. Although he'd often get pulled away to help the student mages, especially those training to be healers, he came back to these old texts.

It was strange. As he continued his studies, he noticed that he shunned the sun more and more and even artificial light like the candle was accepted only as a necessity. Yet he could still see, almost as if the darkness were not covering it. It was odd, but comforting.

Still, his progress on these studies was slow. Also interesting was that more and more students came to ask his advice. Many of the best healers to come from this college, so he heard, were those he had assisted during their training. And wasn't he told a few of those visitors were from one of the bigger universities? Well, he was glad to help, and if it helped the college that took him in, made so he didn't have to work in that blasted light, so much the better.

His door opened. An apprentice mage entered, holding some herbs and his spellbook. Chaz put down his quill and walked over to the lad. He looked nervous. Well, most were at first. Chaz smiled, his pale features showing a hearty grin and said, "Hello, lad. Can I help you? I see those are purifying herbs you have there. If you're here about Master Calloway's test, I have some books that could help you."

nysisobli
2010-10-26, 08:11 PM
Skythe awoke, with troubled dreams once again.

The war has reached us even here, Skythe thought to himself, Here i stand the last alchemist, I should have known it wouldn't be long before the power i wield was sought after by the corrupted prince Rogir.

Listening to the sounds coming up the mountain, Skythe came to the conclusion that they must have fought there way up the mountain, to the very pinnacle in which Skythe's keep sit upon.

Looking at the horned helm out his window he knew the prince had come at last.

Skythe reached down and began putting his armaments on slowly as a booming voice enchanted by magic shook the mountain.

You will join us, or all the people on this mountain will be killed, and you will be drug to the dungeons and tortured for information on your art!

Skythe shook his head and sit down on his chair next to the window and waited.

2 swordsmen walked upstairs, and grabbed Skythe by the arms, and within seconds they were solid brass statues, Concentrating Skythe phased his arms through the metal.

Skythe walked down the stairs, and out the door, looking straight at the prince, I challenge you one on one for the fate of my magic, these people and this mountain!

I accept, drawing a wicked looking Longsword, and smiling.

The prince charged and cut 4 gashes into Skythe smiling, as Skythe tried to transmute the sword into dust, The prince responded its magic was made by our Sorcerors, it cant be touched by your magic, and shoved the sword through Skythe's Chest.

Skythe fell to the ground and felt the life draining out of him as the prince had dealt him that final blow, Skythe took long deep breathes, and felt cold and clammy, and right at the moment where this soul crosses over to the next life, Skythe saw perfection, balance, and harmony. Skythe reached out to touch the perfection and at the moment was changed forever, The sword snapped in two inside Skythe's chest, and Skythes body was made of thousands of different kind of changing metal, and covered in fire, water, air, and earth. He glared at the prince, and gave him a solid punch to the chest, wand watched him crumple, their positions changed.

YOU COME TO MY MOUNTAiN! THREATEN MY PEOPLE! TRY TO TAKE WHATS NOT YOURS?!?! Within an instant the Prince was turned into a solid statue of black crystal.

Skythe looked at his new body, not even noticing the remaining guards fleeing for their lives.

ArlEammon
2010-10-26, 08:39 PM
(Everyone's doing well)

ArcaneStomper
2010-10-26, 09:14 PM
Rokren pounded the anvil almost absentmindedly. The king had ordered yet another sword, and he expected it by tonight. Honestly what kind of craftsman did he think Rokren was. Ordering sword after sword and keeping Rokren from his own work. So what if the king only wanted the best and that's what Rokren's work was. Making them them always took some time and Rokren hated being forced to work on something other than his own projects. Really all these these swords were just a waste of time, mere child's play to make when he could be making the far more complicated things that he could always see in head nowadays.

One of these days he would go give the king a piece of his mind. Until then he would keep making the blasted things. At least it only took him a few minutes to make each one now. He smiled in amusement. Why he could remember when making a sword like this would takes days or even weeks. Oh how his talents had grown from he simple times of his youth.

With a final blow he finished the sword. Picking it up he gave it a quick glance, and deciding it met his standards he took it outside, and looked around for one of his apprentices. Where were the blasted boys, never around when you needed them and always complaining that his forge was too hot for them to stand. Sure only the toughest clothing survived for more than a few minutes without bursting into flame, and yes water did boil instantly, but if you couldn't take the heat why become a blacksmith in the first place.

Finally spotting one he bellowed, "Here lad take this to the king's messenger and tell him to let the king know that his constant requests are getting tiresome."

Watching the boy carefully pick up the still glowing sword with tongs and hurry away, Rokren shook his head. Poor boy needed to grow a spine, the sword wasn't that hot. After all he had just picked it up bare handed and it hadn't even singed him.

Muttering under his breath about the frailties of today's youth, Rokren moved back into his forge and began working on his personal project again. He was so close to making it work, and he knew that if he looked into the fire just a bit more the right designs would come to him.

Storm Bringer
2010-10-28, 12:08 PM
"they did what?"

the question was addressed to Miguel De Bloivar, the second son of Santiago, Baron Bolivar. it was spoken in that quiet sort of way that carries better than a raised voice.

"They raped Esma, brother. Juan de Cortes said he would not wait for thier marridge, and his men held her down while he raped her."

the entire training gallery was still. no one dared make a noise. Antonio stood, motionless for nearly 10 seconds, before turning sharpely and striding off toward a weapons rack on the wall

""miguel, have you told father and Rodrigo?" he called over his shoulder as he went up to a rack of swords and started testing their weight.

"I found Rodrigo in the courtyard. he told me to tell you, and he left to tell father." Miguel replied.

Antonio cursed. he had found a sword he liked, a well made doubled edged arming sword which now hung form a scabbard at his wiast. he was now busy secereting throwing knives into vairous folds of his belt. "Go. join him. I am going to settle this. don't follow me. karl? saddle the fastest horse we have." he looked up at his brother and his aide, both stood motionless "NOW!" He shouted in a voice that carried more than urgency. they both turned and ran for the door, spiltting off outside.

Three Hours Later, outside the castle De Cortes

it was after sunset as Antonio got off his horse and approached the gate of the castle. the portcullis was down, blocking his entry. Antonio looked up at the empty battlements of the castle.

"JUAN DE CORTES!" he screamed at the walls

silence

"JUAN DE CORTES! I KNOW YOU ARE THIER! SHOW YOURSELF"

still nothing stirred.

"YOU RAPED MY SISTER, AND I WILL HAVE VENGENCE. DO NOT MAKE ME COME IN THIER AND GET YOU!"

A laugh sounded over the battlements, and a head poked over. the man had the long, loopy hair fasionable in court, and wore the lastest cut of cap.

"I would like to see you try, Antonio."

"Come down here, Juan, and we can settle this like men. no one else needs to get hurt." Antonio guestured to the ground before him.

"Do you really think i am going to duel the greatest swordsman on this planet?" Juans voice dripped with scorn

"You WILL die by my blade this night, juan. Antonio said with a conviction that spoke of absolute certainty "Now come down here, or I will storm this keep, and kill everyone who stands between you and me."

that provoked another laugh of derision"you and what army, antonio? we both know your family hasn't got enough retainers to storm this place. Now, go home and see if my bride has learnt not to resist my advances." with that, juan turned and disapeared behind the battlements.

Antonio looked at the walls for a second, then drew his sword and started walking to the portcullis. on the other side, a few guards watched idly. they did not fear one man. No sword could cut though oak beams 2 feet thick.

then one of the more attentive guards saw something in the eyes of this lone man. they seems to shine in the dim light, and so did his blade. it shimmered, and seemed to dance in antonios hand. Antonio reached the gate, and swung.

thier was a sound like a thunderclap, and a pressure wave that knocked the guards off thier feet. when they looked up, they saw only spilters where thier portcullis had been.... and Antonio, striding though the hole.

"I AM ANTONIO DE BOLIVAR! He shouted in a voice that would wake the dead I NEED NO ARMY""

One of the guards rushed at him spear lowered, its point gleaming in the torch-light. Anton parried his stab and cut his throat in a single, fluid motion, never breaking his stride. another guard, on the battlements overlooking the gate, tried to draw his bow, but then dropped dead, a throwing knife in his eye.

"TEN THOUSAND MEN WILL NOT STOP ME, JUAN. COME AND FACE ME, AND SAVE YOUR MEN!" Anton screamed as he advanced. Seven guards threw themselves at him, and in as many seconds they lay on the floor, never to rise. Anton reached a thick oak door that lead into the keep, and shattered it with a single kick before plunging inside.

great hall, castle De cortes

Juan didn't understand what was happening. one man, one man, had broken a gate built to stop an army, and was stalking him though the rooms of his own castle. the guards had tried to stop him, but they had not even slowed him down. those few left were running, fleeing before this... god of war, this dealer of death that no man could touch. Several times, archers had shot him but the arrows failed. they hit his shirt and just bounced, like it was stronger than barbazz steel.

Juan had gather the family gunners here, in the great hall, along with his father and two younger brothers. arrow proof he may be, but a dozen muskets were another thing entirely.

the door at the other end flew open, and thier he stood. he doesn't even look winded Juan thought, but he shouted "NOW, NOW! SHOOT, KILL HIM!"

the air was rent with the roar of the muskets discharging. Juan and his party was engulfed by the smoke. thier was silence.

Did....did we get him?" he asked, daring to hope this nightmare was over.

then the smoke cleared, and before them stood antonio. his shirt was pock-marked, but whole. Thier was no blood. Anton smiled terribly.

"I am here for juan alone. Gunners, if you try and reload, i will kill you. flee now, and you will live." the gunners looked around nervous. then the Count de cortes spoke "Go. you have done what you could" with a clatter of dropped firearms, the gunners fled past anton, who made no move to stop them.

juan shrank back, and his two brothers stood before him, swords drawn.

"while i respect your desire to protect your brother, I must ask you to stand aside. no one else needs to die tonight"

"he is my brother. I will not leave him to die" the elder brother spoke.

"he is a rapist. Are you realy prepared to die protecting a raptist?"

the cortes brothers stared at anton for several long heartbeats, then slowly stood aside.

"thankyou" anton said with a courteous smile. then he turned to face juan, who was cowering in a corner. Anton advanced slowly, speaking as he closed.

"i told you i would come for you, Juan. Everyone who died tonight, died because you were too afraid to face your death like a man. Now, you can either die a coward in that corner, or draw your sword and go out fighting"

anton stood just inside of swords reach, looking at Juan. who had soiled himself and broken into tears. he was whimpering slightly.

You disgust me." Anton siad, and took his head off with a single stroke. then, he turned to the Duke, and bowed.

My lord Cortes." he said I am most sorry that i had to do this to you. You have always been a just and honourable man, and i beg forgivness for the damage to your castle and your retianers."

the duke just looked at him, stunned. Anton bowed agian, turned, and left. none tried to stop him.

ArlEammon
2010-10-28, 01:05 PM
Antonio
Later That Night
Antonio felt a strange surge of energy within him. He felt as if this was the moment he earned something profoundly and admirably. He could tell he was no longer merely a mortal, or even a lowly immortal. He was something in-between the immortals and the high immortal beings once mistaken for gods. His power was unmatched, and he had sensed that he had something that was timeless and ethereal. A mystical strength that transcended what mortals, or even the lesser immortals could accomplish. There was a duty for Antonio to perform, and he did it. Suddenly, a mysterious spectre appeared before Antonio in a dark cloak.

JeenLeen
2010-10-28, 04:18 PM
Chaz prepared for bed, pulling his heavy curtains shut, content at a good day’s work. As he was casting a few minor hygienic spells to clean off the accumulated dust and grime of the day, he heard his door open.

Turning around, he saw… almost nothing. There was a slight variation to the darkness around him, one that he couldn’t quite explain. Looking at whatever was in his room, he said, “I can see you are under some sort of spell of invisibility. Why do you disturb me? If you seek to steal from me, you are a fool to try it here, but I will gladly give you whatever you need. Answer me and do not hide in my shadows.”

A small part of his mind noticed his phrasing, ‘my shadows.’ He would have to think about that later.

A voice came from the invisible man, Master Calloway’s voice. “I don’t like you, librarian. One of my students came to me today with a book you lent him. It was a rare tome belonging to the school, not something an apprentice or a mere librarian should have. This school is too tolerant of your oddities, librarian, lurking about in the shadows, swaying the students to obey you. I don’t know what you are trying to do here, but I do not trust you.”

Confusion came to Chaz’s voice. “I have not tried anything. I simply help those who come.”

A sarcastic laugh. “Indeed. The students, at least those who know you, adore you. Those with the wisdom to fear you come to trust you almost the moment they come in contact with you. The administration of the college admires you as a humble servant, and even the nobles and leaders of other colleges come over and laud you. I do not know what charms or dark magicks you use, but I will not let you continue to infect this school with your plotting!”

At this point Chaz noticed other blurs in the darkness. Calloway had helpers.

Anger. “Stop hiding in my shadows!” Their spells faded. One looked as if it was hurled from behind a bookshelf out into the open. “Do not move!” They all froze, as if held by the darkness around them.

He walked in front of Calloway and said, “I have done nothing against this school or its people. I have only tried to help.” Words came almost unbidden to his mouth as eldritch power swarmed around him: “Let this be known: Chaz of the Shadows will lend his aid to any who request his aid in his darkness. But you, Calloway, who fear darkness, may you never find it until you see that I mean aid.”

The shadows seemed to pull away from Master Calloway, leaving a strange gray non-light around him. He screamed and collapsed on the floor, his hands covering his eyes. A look of pity came to Chaz’s face and he touched the man. “I apologize, Master Calloway. Be not tortured by light.” Then turning to the others in his room, he said, “I will be leaving. You may move once I am gone. You will tell the students that I will continue to offer advice to those who wish to talk to me.”

Chaz gathered a few of his magical belongings and the tomes he had been working out of. It was some magic he had gathered, or absorbed, from those books that gave him the power he showed tonight, this mastery of the dark.

“May you all fare well,” he said as he created a magical door in the darkness then exited through it, finding himself in one of the tunnels beneath the college.

Rumors spread quickly in the college. Master Calloway reported a blinding light, but in a strange way, as if the ability to not look the sun had escaped him and even closing his eyes did nothing to block the light. Until the librarian showed pity and left him merely blind. Still, students remarked that a grey cloud clung to Calloway while he was in darkness; shadows could not reach him, nor did his shadow anymore appear. Rumors also spread of the orb of darkness that remained in the librarian’s abandoned study. The leaders of the college forbade any near it, but the students whispered that they could go to it if they needed any answers to next week’s quiz.

I hope I didn’t overdo his effect on Calloway.

nysisobli
2010-10-28, 11:10 PM
Theres two more Skythe thought to himself, as two soliders of brass stood before him at the castle.

The greater your sin, the more beautiful you turn, I wonder what the king himself will become. Skythe said talking to the statues.

4 guards charged him, swords sparking off his now metallic flesh, and melting as it hit the pure energy in his body, Skythe batted them away as if they were nothing, scoffing at the whole time, I am no mere man anymore, I am stronger then the strongest man, faster then the quickest rogue, and more learned then the wisest of wizards he scoffed.

I will let the 4 of you live as a lesson, not all have to die, there must remain a balance of law and chaos, and hope and fear, even the light and the dark.

Skythe arrived at the academy where the mages learn their gift, almost upon the kings throne itself, only one more hallway
Skythe thought.

Walking in Skythe felt more fear then he had felt in two decades, before him stood Delertian his master, the man who taught him the basics of magic.

Why how the promising have fallen, Skythe.

Step aside master, i don't want to fight you, i simply want this land to be balanced and full of life again.

You know nothing of balance, Skythe, here you steal a power that doesn't have any right to belong to you, you kill innocent guards, and you feel like you are invincible, but you are easily toppled, don't make me kill you student of mine.

Skythe charges past his master, and makes it to the door, untill the door turns into tentacles, and hurls him backward onto rows of spikes made from the stone of the floor.

Skythe stands clearly shaken, and hurls an orb of fire at his master, who makes it dissipate into a pair of doves which fly back towards him, Skythe in turn makes one turn into a crow, and the peck and scratch each other to death.

Master must we do this?

The response he was waiting for came in the form of a lightning bolt which pierced his metal body, Skythe screamed as his wound was black and oozing, realizing he no longer bled blood, he realized he became like the machines in the past. The legendary destroyers of the world back in the great 3rd war.

Skythe looked at his master in awe and bowed his head, What have i become master?

There have been several hundred people born in this world, each possesses an affinity for a special kind of magic, a magic that draws from the past, the destruction, and the peace! You pull pieces of the past out after they happen and apply them now that is where your magic comes from that is the alchemists true nature! Destroyer of old, meet your doom!

Skythe looked in defeat as the master wielded the most powerful spell any man had ever wielded and as he cast the spell, time froze around both of them.

12 men stood looking at skythe each with similar bodies to his own and spoke in unison, The last of our kind! We have the power to save you, to make you powerful enough to defeat this mage, but in order to do it, for every good act you do, you will do something equally atrocious. Our power comes from the balance of this world, the true nature of everything.

Skythe looked at them and nodded, the 12 entered his body, making visible improvements, gears appearing on his body, he began taking on the form of a clockwork machine.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg58/kingnate3918/Ancient%2520Gear/AncientGearGolem.jpg&imgrefurl=http://heroesvsvillians.proboards.com/index.cgi%3Faction%3Dgotopost%26board%3Dvillainnpc %26thread%3D1697%26post%3D4915&usg=__0PvhPHBzzBdCVLMxO-bA-_AxtBU=&h=324&w=319&sz=28&hl=en&start=44&zoom=1&tbnid=axnaqSGMQ1XSaM:&tbnh=126&tbnw=128&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dancient%2Bgear%2Bgolem%26um%3D1%26hl% 3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D553%26tbs%3Disch: 10%2C593&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=318&vpy=236&dur=303&hovh=226&hovw=223&tx=123&ty=251&ei=TEbKTNiQMJClnQek0vX0Dw&oei=H0bKTMjQL8KgnAeiuLwo&esq=8&page=3&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:44&biw=1024&bih=553(similar to this)

Skythe caught the spell in his bare hands, and deflected it, his power now tenfold of what it just was and transmuted his master into a beautiful emerald statue.

He was truly corrupted Skythe thought as he wept at what he just did, and felt as if he needed to do something to make up for it.

Skythe burst into the kings throne room, and looked at him, waiting for his response, the king only smiled at his and waved him inward.

It appears i did good giving you to the magus when we found you in a basket on the steps. You have killed the corruption in this castle, and destroyed the true leader behind it all.

Skythe walked forward yes my majesty its over, and with that Skythe lost control of his body and grabbed the king and turned him into dust.

A voice that was not his spoke and said the balance is returned, and with that skythe fell to the ground his metallic skin turning black and white and constantly changing between the two, however the majority of it was silver.