PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Racial Paragon Classes (Unearthed Arcana)

Duos Greanleef
2010-10-25, 09:38 PM
I'm in the process of building a human Sorcerer/Paragon and had a question.
Q Is it only my daily spellcasting that increases or do I also get increased spells known?
Thanks in advance.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-25, 09:56 PM
Spells per Day

At 2nd and 3rd level, a human paragon gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in a spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the level. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus metamagic or item creation feats, bard or assassin abilities, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of human paragon to the level in the spellcasting class, then determines spells per day, spells known, and caster level accordingly.

If a character had more than one spellcasting class before he became a human paragon, he must decide to which class he adds each level of human paragon. If a human paragon has no levels in a spellcasting class, this class feature has no effect.

Bolded the important part, also AFAIK all prestige classes that advance spellcasting progression, also advance spell known

gbprime
2010-10-25, 10:00 PM
Yup indeed. Don't stick with sorcerer one level longer than you have to. Jump out to fluffy stuff like human paragon or Ruathar (RotW) while you're waiting for the prereqs for the PrC you really want to fall into place.

Duos Greanleef
2010-10-25, 10:05 PM
Thank you folks!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-25, 10:06 PM
It's a shame that all paragon classes, los 1 CL... guess it is a balancing point, other wise Sorc(or Wizard) 1/Human Paragon 3/Sorc(or Wizard) +1/generic prestige class would be a no brainer....

Duos Greanleef
2010-10-25, 10:10 PM
It's a shame that all paragon classes, los 1 CL... guess it is a balancing point, other wise Sorc(or Wizard) 1/Human Paragon 3/Sorc(or Wizard) +1/generic prestige class would be a no brainer....

Actually, you lost me.

herrhauptmann
2010-10-25, 10:25 PM
Dusk said all builds would go Wiz1/Paragon3/ Wiz +1/ Prestige Class X. (Or substitute sorc for wiz) Along the way, you'd get +2 to a stat, an extra feat, MOAR SKILZ. And if you ever decided to dip a level in something else, it wouldn't matter regarding multiclass penalties, because you've only got 2 levels in wizard/sorc. The rest is all Paragon or prestige classes.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-25, 10:27 PM
In adition to that, you get increased BAB which helps for would be gishes, and it helps to get some rare skills that is otherwise difficult to adquire them... tumble for example

gbprime
2010-10-25, 10:28 PM
Translation... Paragon classes don't give spell casting at all 3 levels. Pity.

Duos Greanleef
2010-10-25, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
I half figured that out about two minutes after typing, but knew that someone who knew better than me would explain more completely.

gbprime
2010-10-25, 10:46 PM
To add insult to injury, the platypus is leading. :smallamused: