PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Help with Bard Gestalt

HunterOfJello
2010-10-25, 11:52 PM
Hey guys. I'm was thinking about making a Kobold Bard//????? gestalt character for a group, but am having trouble thinking of a good second class for the character.

The party has a fighter type, wizard blaster and cleric already so I was looking to make a character with high utility.

I'd like to avoid Crusader and Sorcerer, even though those are the easy choices for a high charisma character. Any sources are fine.

Any suggestions?

gorfnab
2010-10-26, 12:10 AM
Binder, Dragon Shaman, Warlock, or Hexblade might give you some options.

dspeyer
2010-10-26, 12:52 AM
Bard often fairs poorly in gestalt, since it is such a generalist already. Have you considered rogue//sorceror, flavored as bard, maybe picking up bardic music and knowledge from PrCs?

Morph Bark
2010-10-26, 03:42 AM
Too bad you ruled out Crusader, was the first thing I thought of at the sight of the title.

Dragon Shaman for more party-boosting (admittably would work better if there were more melee or ranged weapons in your party) or Warlock for turning yourself into a flying bard that rocks amongst the clouds would seem most fitting.

Hexblade wouldn't synergize with Bard as well, but it would take away some of the weaknesses and with a familiar you'd get something real strong and handy beside you. Plus it's also Cha-based.

If none of that fit for you, go unconventional and add Dread Necromancer on the other side.

Iferus
2010-10-26, 03:52 AM
You're a Bard, a generalist. The best way to support that is to stay that way: pick classes and take 1-3 level dips. At higher levels, you might want to progress Bard alongside a bardic prestige class that does not progress many bardic abilities. (or, if it is allowed, two prestige classes that focus on the different aspects of being a bard.)

Dip suggestions: Dragon Shaman, Marshal, Ranger, Warlock, Fighter, Barbarian, Favored Soul, any martial class..