PDA

View Full Version : 2 PC Urban Adventures?

kkortekaas
2010-10-26, 09:55 AM
I've had a catastrophic loss of players for a game scheduled for Saturday and the 3 of us that remain (me as the DM) still want to carry through.

Anyone have any good ideas for a two person group in a large urban environment? (Waterdeep in a 3.5 bastardization of the realms)

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Sipex
2010-10-26, 10:03 AM
Two people can do things like infiltration, sleuthing and small term battles very well.

Some ideas?

- The players are hired to steal something from a mansion/barracks/typically hard place to get into. They work together to infiltrate it.

- One of the players has to enter a fist fighting ring against the reigning champion while the other goes through his room for some information or something. The longer the fighting player lasts, the more time the other player has to look.

- The players have to track down a specific NPC, this would involve sleuthing, information gathering, bribing, some sort of challenge (Beat me at cards/arm wrestling/get me something and I'll tell you) and possibly a chase.

kkortekaas
2010-10-26, 10:26 AM
We're using the Iron Heroes as the system, and I've got a tough as nails Dwarven Armiger and a Human Harrier who's like a field medic.

They don't have a ton of stopping power, but I'm hoping they'll play "smart"

thanks for the ideas Sipex

Psyx
2010-10-26, 10:43 AM
Buy some old WFRP adventures and run those. They really are the finest ones out there.

kkortekaas
2010-10-26, 12:35 PM
Say whatnow?

TheThan
2010-10-26, 01:00 PM
I think a Sherlock Holmes style mystery is in order.

jiriku
2010-10-26, 01:03 PM
Extremely small groups are prime vehicles for games that focus on mystery, investigation, social interaction, persuasion, politicking, and other sorts of one-on-one interaction. Combat, not so much.