PDA

View Full Version : Possessing indefinitely

BenTheJester
2010-10-26, 11:03 AM
I need a way to possess a creature(a mindless, corporeal undead if it matters), but I need to do it indefinitely(so Magic Jar and the Fiend of Possession's abilities won't work).

And by possess, I don't mean control(that'd be too easy), I mean transfer my mind into its body.

Tyger
2010-10-26, 11:06 AM
True Mind Switch (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm) sounds like its exactly what you are looking for.

Whoops, you specified undead and that power doesn't work on undead... hmmm.

odder
2010-10-26, 11:37 AM
create your own spell? :smallsmile:

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-26, 11:43 AM
get the Trap Possesor spell cast on you while your inside it's head?

BoVD i think is the source

Prime32
2010-10-26, 11:46 AM
You could shrink yourself, let it swallow you, and give it orders from inside?

Any more information you can give? Level, for instance?

BenTheJester
2010-10-26, 11:56 AM
You could shrink yourself, let it swallow you, and give it orders from inside?

Any more information you can give? Level, for instance?

This is for a thought exercise and is the last piece of the puzzle, so anything is good, as long as it officially works.

Unfortunately, the swallowing can't work.

FMArthur
2010-10-26, 11:58 AM
I don't know how you'd do it without some way of piercing mind-effecting immunity or removing the descriptor from Mind Switch or some similar spell. Maybe you could try searching for some kind of metamagic for that in Dragon Magazine?

Have you looked at all kinds of incorporeal undead to make sure being one of them can't let you possess something forever?

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-26, 12:01 PM
I don't know how you'd do it without some way of piercing mind-effecting immunity or removing the descriptor from Mind Switch or some similar spell. Maybe you could try searching for some kind of metamagic for that in Dragon Magazine?

a fiend can posses objects so it shoudl be able to possees undead. right?

BenTheJester
2010-10-26, 03:47 PM
get the Trap Possesor spell cast on you while your inside it's head?

BoVD i think is the source

I searched BoVD, BoED, both Fiendish Codices and Spell Compendium for that spell, are you sure it's not a third party spell?

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-27, 12:18 PM
I searched BoVD, BoED, both Fiendish Codices and Spell Compendium for that spell, are you sure it's not a third party spell?

What ever book it's in mentions it being used on one of Jubilex's Lieutenants so he could serve as a Orchcre Jelly forever. I'll try to find the book and page number when i get home.

BenTheJester
2010-10-27, 02:28 PM
What ever book it's in mentions it being used on one of Jubilex's Lieutenants so he could serve as a Orchcre Jelly forever. I'll try to find the book and page number when i get home.

Found it, the spell is called Imprison Possessor

And it fits my needs perfectly, thanks.