PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Meow! (the IC thread)

Mordae
2010-10-26, 02:12 PM
The sun rises brightly over the charming little woodland town of Djoston, brilliant golden rays of summer filtering down through the green leaves and dappling the thatch-roofed stone buildings and the grassy lanes with shifting patterns of light and dark. At one of the outlying farms, a rooster begins its incessant crow to greet the new day. Within the walled and gated town itself, one might smell the fresh bread being baked, hear the creak of the well-crank as buckets of fresh water are lifted up from deep below the surface, or feel the echoing thud of the blacksmith's hammer pounding out a piece of iron.

On an ordinary day, that is.

This morning, as it has been for almost a week, the usual sensations of the town's business are stilled. The people, once an omnipresent fact of "civilized" life, are gone. None could say where they went, for until last week none could contemplate such things.

Now, strange as it might seem, the animals of the village are thinking those thoughts, wondering how things must have changed, and why, and contemplating what must be done to secure their lot in life.

Not all of the animals are so gifted--the rooster is still just as dumb and irritating as he was before--but those who are now rise from their nightly slumber to consider anew, "What shall we do today?"

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-26, 02:15 PM
A small, orange cat is walking around, not a strange sight, except for the lizard on top of him.

Beschoren
2010-10-26, 03:08 PM
Another cat, with clean dark grey fur, stops staring the sun and the skyes to turn his head backwards...

His sight was still a bit ofuscated by the bright light of the sun that was filling his mind with, hum, enlightment... but he could swere he saw cat food in top of a orange cat some 80 feet away.

Duke of URL
2010-10-26, 03:21 PM
A largish grey cat, with just a hint of purple tinge, sits perched on top of a water barrel. Her skin hangs a little loosely, as if she has lost a considerable amount of weight in a short time (the last week, to be precise).

She appears to be passively staring into the distance, but she is really soaking in all of the detail she can see. She has just arrived in Djoston, and is still a bit wary.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-26, 03:28 PM
A black cat awakens inside a small stone tower near the center of town. He stretches, kneading his claws into the bed of his Master. He leaps down off the bed, and walks into the adjacent study - but, no Master, again. The cat sighs to himself, and then hops up onto a windowsill, leaping out across the air to the nearby tree and scrabbling easily down it.

The cat then heads up to the apothecary where his Master would often buy ingredients for his research - but he doesn't really expect to find him.

Prepared spells:

0th level
Mage Hand
Mage Hand
Mending
Open/Close
Prestidigitation

1st level
Dawnburst
Expeditious Retreat
Jump
Reduce Kitty

Critical
2010-10-26, 04:01 PM
A slim, rufous-colored cat with a slightly darker rufous color strips alongside his body wakes up from his slumber, stretching and opening his mouth to, what appears, yawn, but without actual sound. Looking around the room and not finding his young master, Ace decided to take a little walk into the city, perhaps, stumbling across his master along the way.

monkman
2010-10-26, 04:09 PM
A eagle lands next to all the cats and then a slightly fat white cat gets off the eagle.He purs ,streches and then walks to other cats.

Mangles
2010-10-27, 04:34 AM
A shadow moves slightly having just watched a young cat awake. His owner is missing which means he won't be able to steal any food today. Greebo slinks back into the shadow and heads off trying to find another source of food. Prehaps a mouse is hiding with the wizards.

Beschoren
2010-10-27, 06:38 AM
Pongo elegantly gets up and moves toward the orange cat near him. He circles it from about 10 foot away, staring intensively. was there a hint of intelligence in that cat?

For himself, Pongo already knew - the time has come. The sun revealed the truth and now he's aware of all. Cats would rule the cosmos, and as the most powerfull of all cats, he would rule the cats for their own good. He would only need a gang of common cats to achive that.

Talking Cat: "Meow" (hey there, what's up?)

monkman
2010-10-27, 05:21 PM
Pongo elegantly gets up and moves toward the orange cat near him. He circles it from about 10 foot away, staring intensively. was there a hint of intelligence in that cat?

For himself, Pongo already knew - the time has come. The sun revealed the truth and now he's aware of all. Cats would rule the cosmos, and as the most powerfull of all cats, he would rule the cats for their own good. He would only need a gang of common cats to achive that.

Talking Cat: "Meow" (hey there, what's up?)

I am fine, but please restrain ureself from using such primitive language, We are intelligent now. *Pointing to his head*
Anyways, May I know who i am speaking to?

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-27, 05:25 PM
"We?" comes the voice of the black cat as he passes the small gathering. "I doubt every cat you will see will be able to speak like a human. It has been a week since most of... your lot have been cognizant enough to learn."

Beschoren
2010-10-27, 06:16 PM
Oh, my.... you've seen the revelation as well. I am impressed... oh, but I shouldn't - you're both magnificent cats afterall, capable of everything.

Anyway, I ...am Pongo. And that leanguage is the truly meaningfull one. These barbaric human words are so clumsy to the ears...

(sits down)

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-27, 06:18 PM
As for me, I am Aelurus, and this is Ascala.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-27, 06:20 PM
"Oh yes, of course, cats can do everything. Like open jars." The black cat flexes his claws lightly. "Hm. Or perhaps it was humans who could do that. You know, with those wonderful thumb things of theirs." The black cat sits down, and yawns. Now he's actually gotten interested in something.

Duke of URL
2010-10-27, 08:30 PM
The grey cat lightly hops down from the barrel. "Oh, good. More cats actually worth talking to. So many of our kin are simply dumb animals, hardly worth the bother really. The name is Lavender, by the way," she adds, seemingly as an afterthought.

Critical
2010-10-28, 07:09 AM
Another striped orange cat jumps from the roof to the rest of the group. "So, what should we do now, eh? Everyone appears to be gone now."

monkman
2010-10-28, 03:45 PM
Another striped orange cat jumps from the roof to the rest of the group. "So, what should we do now, eh? Everyone appears to be gone now."

I am looking for one of them though so i think that we should explore,Also my name is Coutu and my big bird friend here
*point's at the eagle*
Is named Armie

Beschoren
2010-10-28, 04:24 PM
Impressive... There must be more inteligent cats arround... (eyes shine on the idea)

This gathering is not a coincidence. The civilization vanishment, our blessing... there is purpose for all of this...

Perhaps we could search for more inteligent cats?

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-28, 04:25 PM
Perhaps some of them have also developed arcane power and could teach me. For that reason, I shall accompany you.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-28, 04:25 PM
The black cat sighs a little bit, looking down for a moment. "...I don't have time to waste on you. I need to find Master." He stands up again, stretching and yawning.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-28, 04:27 PM
Face it. He is gone. All of them are. We are the survivors, we are the superior beings now. It is our turn to shine.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-28, 04:32 PM
The black cat pauses, glowering at Aelurus in that way cats do so well. "Are you trying to rile me, cat?" He almost spits that last word as if it's an insult.

Beschoren
2010-10-28, 07:44 PM
Face it. He is gone. All of them are. We are the survivors, we are the superior beings now. It is our turn to shine.

As far as the ultimate truth goes, you're right.

Unless these animal friends some of you have as pets where enlightened by the divine, and blessed with overpowering magical strenght.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-28, 08:00 PM
The black cat pauses, glowering at Aelurus in that way cats do so well. "Are you trying to rile me, cat?" He almost spits that last word as if it's an insult.

Not at all, though make no mistake: if we were to battle, I would easily be the victor. You do not want to anger me.

monkman
2010-10-28, 08:13 PM
Both of you stop it, unless you want to mess with Armie.*looks at The eagle*

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-28, 08:15 PM
The black cat stares for a while, then sighs and shakes his head. "Animals, the lot of you," he declares, as he turns and continues on his way towards the apothecary.

monkman
2010-10-28, 08:18 PM
Coutu sends his eagle to kill her:smalltongue: start's to follow the black cat and then says
You still havent told us your name.

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-28, 08:57 PM
The black cat continues walking. "You're right," he says, not even looking around. "I haven't."

Beschoren
2010-10-28, 09:04 PM
Very well, Ihavent - strange name you got. If you chose to search for slavers, do so. You're still a bit lost puppy, it's allright. Not all cats could achive greatness of independence, it seems. But I don't blame you, as you haven't seen what I've seen. Who's with me to find more inteligent cats?

(Clearly joking with the cat's name. the ambiguous tone of "more inteligent cats" is evident. more number of cats or with greater inteligence?)

Mangles
2010-10-29, 12:32 AM
"Stop black nameless one." Greebo strides into the conversation. "I searched your tower and the surrounding area. Your master is not there, nor did he leave any food for you. He either didn't care enough about you or didn't leave on his own free will."

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-29, 03:32 AM
One gets the impression that, could cats cry, tears would be rolling down the black cat's cheeks as he turns his head towards Greebo with a snarl "Do you think I don't know that?! I know I won't be able to find him!" He almost sounds like a lonely kitten now. "He'd never leave without saying anything. So something must have... happened... But I can't just sit there doing nothing! I feel like... half my soul is missing..."

He really does look like a lonely kitten - despite being fully grown.

Duke of URL
2010-10-29, 06:28 AM
Boys, thinks Lavender. Always strutting around and trying to boss everyone. "My 'family' is gone, too. But as much as I miss them, I now realize that... whatever has happened has set me free of a prison I didn't even know I was in. Sure, they catered to my every whim, but now? Now the entire world is open to me, and I relish the idea of getting things for myself. For example, today's breakfast? Fresh caught chipmunk -- I simply willed the rodent to sleep, and it obeyed."

Mordae
2010-10-29, 11:15 AM
At that moment, a trio of dobermans comes loping into the square. Residents of Djoston would recognize them as the dogs once kept by the town sheriff. "Eight o'clock and all is well, eh?" the biggest remarks to his fellows. The lankiest of the three, a sharp-eyed fellow with a snub tail, shakes his head and points his muzzle toward the gathering of cats. "Look lively, lads; seems we've got a mob forming." The others take notice and focus in on the activities of the felines conversing on the far side of the well.

monkman
2010-10-29, 03:45 PM
Coutu run on top Armie. Fly and get away from these creatures.
(he's scared of them)

Beschoren
2010-10-29, 09:01 PM
This is our territory, dogs. The entire town, that is. This means you have to leave, right away.

Look, there's a stick over there! catch! (clearly mimicking a silly dog)

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-30, 04:03 AM
The black cat looks back, rolls his eyes, and continues walking along. Obviously not wanting any part of this. "Idiot cat," he 'mutters', loud enough to hear.

dragonsamurai77
2010-10-30, 08:15 AM
Don't antagonize them! I'm sure we could take them, but it would be a huge strain on our resources. Save it for when we need to fight!

Beschoren
2010-10-30, 08:31 AM
Don't antagonize them! I'm sure we could take them, but it would be a huge strain on our resources. Save it for when we need to fight!

pongo keeps silent over this comment, and just sits facing the dogs. this one cat seems quite reasonable.

Duke of URL
2010-10-30, 12:08 PM
Lavender

The grey cat leaps up to a higher perch, both or a better view and a clearer escape path. should the need arise. "I'm sure we can all be reasonable, here. There's no cause for making a scene."

[roll0] if desired.

Critical
2010-10-30, 05:09 PM
The orange cat stands on two legs and throws a few quick one-two series of punches while jumping around in a fighting posture. "Aww, come on! I bet fighting them would be ssuper easy!"

Mangles
2010-10-30, 06:10 PM
"I have to agree. These dogs don't stand a chance."

Duke of URL
2010-10-31, 06:09 AM
"That's not the point. The point is that it's not necessary. If you're itching for a fight, go hunt up some lunch."

Beschoren
2010-10-31, 11:43 AM
Pongo shkes his head. there's a lot going on and he's not used to being awakened. he must put things throught.

1 - there seems to be little advantage on fighting the dogs

2 - there is a great desire to fight the dogs

3 - if he is let be carried away by every impulse, he would never be able to fullfill his quest of cat's dominace over the cosmos and the gods themselves.

4 - silly dogs are unworthy of his time

"Hum, we don't have to fight now. It would be exciting, but uterlly useless."

Mordae
2010-11-02, 09:06 AM
The dogs move toward the well together, with the biggest in the lead and the other two flanking him about a half-length back and to the sides. They stop about thirty feet away from Pongo, and the lead one speaks again in a low growl. "Look here, cat, this town doesn't need any trouble from you. Everyone has enough problems to deal with even before you go stirring up some mischief." He pauses, panting for a moment and staring hard at Pongo. Then he raises his voice and addresses all of the animals in the square. "Now, if someone wants to help get the horses and cows out of their stalls before they starve to death, that would be welcome assistance."

Duke of URL
2010-11-02, 09:23 AM
Hmmm... a dog with sense. Who'd have believed it? thinks Lavender to herself. "I may be able to assist," she calls down.

monkman
2010-11-02, 03:58 PM
Where are the stables? Me and armie should be able to do it. *looking around to see if he can find the stables*

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-02, 04:07 PM
I truly wish I could assist, but I am not strong enough, and my spell slots are too precious to waste on something so insignificant.

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-02, 04:09 PM
The black cat... hasn't really walked away that far. He calls back to the dogs. "I can help, if the stables aren't locked."

Beschoren
2010-11-02, 08:52 PM
Pongo stares back, very intensevely "How many inteligent animals there are arround? I'm not into mere charity to help a dumb cow. if she, or you, owns us a favor, however..."

Mangles
2010-11-03, 06:01 AM
Greebo pipes in. "I'm with pongo. I don't hunt for others unless the pay off is good."

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-03, 06:02 AM
The black cat stares for a while, sighs, and heads for the stables to go help those cows.

Beschoren
2010-11-03, 06:39 AM
(OOC: keep in mind i don't mean GOLD. cats don't need gold (for now). but mere grattitude won't do)

Duke of URL
2010-11-03, 07:13 AM
Lavender walks alongside the black cat. "I'm sure even if the doors are locked, we can figure something out. Sorry, but I didn't catch your name earlier."

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-03, 07:15 AM
"My Master called me Mr. Biggles. I see no reason to choose another name." He doesn't seem to mind the company, as he makes no effort to get away from her. "At least some cats are altruists..." He doesn't seem to consider himself one, oddly.

Duke of URL
2010-11-03, 07:18 AM
"Altruistic? No, not really. Just bored and wanting to build a good reputation here as someone who can get a job done. Besides, I like cows."

Critical
2010-11-03, 10:12 AM
Ace had mixed feelings at this moment. He was disappointed at the lack of a fight, but he was happy that the dogs had some sense in them. "Very well, I believe I can pick a lock, I've kept an eye on my master for quite some time now." - he said, changing his facial expression to, what appeared to be, a smile, although, with a mysterious touch to it. He then catched up with the cats talking about altruism, turned to them and continued speaking. - "I heard altruism? No, not really. Just a perfect opportunity to see if I can actually do it like my master, hehe."

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-03, 10:13 AM
"Shush. You're altruists."

Duke of URL
2010-11-03, 10:40 AM
"Perhaps. For the moment. Under other circumstances, maybe you'll think differently."

Critical
2010-11-03, 10:48 AM
With the same smiling and cheerful face, Ace nodded. "That's what she said." - he added to Lavender's statement.

Mordae
2010-11-04, 02:45 PM
"That's more like it." The lead doberman sniffs the air and turns, loping off toward the west gate. His allies fan out to his sides, keeping a watchful eye on the fowl, cats, and other animals in the square.

The main barn for the town is a squat, largish wooden structure with split doors and sliding pin latches. The beams are heavy enough that a horse would probably have a tough time knocking them loose. The top half of the door is open, allowing those on the outside to see the stalls within. There are a dozen horses standing placidly in their stalls. As the dogs skid to a half, the roan stallion in the nearest stall whinnies, "Any luck, Hunter? Some of my mates here are about to go mad..."

Duke of URL
2010-11-05, 08:22 AM
Lavender lets Ace take the lead in dealing with the lock, while providing a helping paw or two.

[roll0] for aid another action (includes -2 for not having appropriate tools)

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-05, 08:24 AM
Mr. Biggles sits down sedately and watches Lavender work. Obviously, he's no use with locked doors!

Critical
2010-11-05, 09:33 AM
Smiling at Lavender again as she moved in to help, Ace extended one of his claws and attempted to pick the lock. Though, he wasn't really good at it, he wanted to make a good impression here.

First, taking 10, netting a total result of 13 with Lavender's aid another.

If it doesn't do the trick, then roll: [roll0], penalty for not having tools included.

monkman
2010-11-05, 03:45 PM
Coutu get's off Armie, he wait's for them to be finsh and if they cant do it, he sends Armie to try to open the lock.
Str check[roll0](he has 10 str)

dragonsamurai77
2010-11-05, 03:52 PM
Aelurus decides to try to be at least a little useful, and tries to help break down the door.

Aid Another:
Aelurus: [roll0]
Ascala: [roll1]

Mangles
2010-11-05, 08:01 PM
Greebo simple sits and watches over the others. Keeping his good eye on the dogs.

Beschoren
2010-11-06, 06:48 PM
Unable (and a bit unwilling) to directly help, pongo only sits down and licks his paws.

Mordae
2010-11-06, 07:29 PM
Ace slips his claw underneath the latch. It's easily small enough to fit in the narrow gap between the metal of the pin and the wood of the door, but the latch is tight--perhaps even a little rusty--and he can't get enough force on it to pry it up.

Lavender brings her own claw to bear, and between the two cats pulling the pin finally flips up, allowing it to be easily slid out of the way.

Mangles
2010-11-07, 06:34 AM
"The dogs will be happy at their new obedient pets."

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-07, 06:47 AM
Mr. Biggles continues to watch as they get the latch open. "Open." he says, as he flexes one claw. The door suddenly opens!

Casting Open/Close on the door, because... it looks too heavy for a cat to budge?

Duke of URL
2010-11-08, 08:17 AM
"Pets, schmets," says Lavender, as the doors swing open. "Ladies!" she calls out to the cows, "I bet you could really use some milking about now. A whole week? That's got to be more than a bit uncomfortable."

She turns to Biggles and smiles. "What was that you were saying about altruism?"

Mordae
2010-11-10, 10:34 AM
The latch springs open and Biggles forces the heavy wooden door open with his spell. The cows seem relieved, though none of them speaks up in response to Lavender's milking call.

The stallion regards Ace with some respect. "Many thanks, my good cat. Do you think you could use that trick on our stall doors, too?" He looks down disdainfully at the open-framed structure that has him penned in. "I could probably break it down, but best not to waste what resources the humans have left us."

The dogs bark their thanks as well. The larger doberman says, "We are off to see if the gates can be bypassed or opened. Drawing enough water from the well for the whole town will be less efficient than gaining access to the nearby river."

Beschoren
2010-11-10, 05:58 PM
(Thinking to self)

This cats aren't good enought. They made themselves pawns of whoever passes by adn demands their obidience. This world is going to change by MY hand, and this is not the way the things ARE going to be. It's better to be feared then loved, and these pathetic farm animals will soon know fear

Saying no words, Pongo gets up and walks away. anyone trying to talk to him will only recive a disdain look.

Duke of URL
2010-11-15, 07:07 AM
Lavender looks disappointed as the cows ignore her. All that milk build-up has to be uncomfortable, doesn't it? She's a little more hesitant about dealing with the horses, but she is here already, and there doesn't seem to be any reason or point in refusing the request. She stands ready to assist Ace again in a little lock-picking.

Mordae
2010-11-15, 09:30 AM
"It's no use," the big stallion says to Lavender. "None of them seem to have the knack. As for the milk, help yourself if you can avoid getting stomped."

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-15, 09:32 AM
The grey cat is just watching, silently - now that he's helped open the heaviest of the doors he's pretty much useless.

Critical
2010-11-15, 11:24 AM
Although, it wasn't necessarily his work, Ace accepted the gratitude. "Heheh, no problem!" - he says, smiling, and getting to the other door, hoping this one would be times easier.

Same as last door, first take 10, so it's 13, assuming Lavender aid anothers, then rolling if that doesn't work: [roll0]

Mordae
2010-11-17, 12:55 PM
Given enough time, Ace is able to open all the stall doors and let the animals out. The stallion is particularly grateful, saying, "If you need a lift sometime, call me." The unawakened cows moo plaintively; their udders are indeed bulging, but they haven't the understanding of the cats' intentions or the words to ask. They seem a little skittish when Lavender approaches.

Duke of URL
2010-11-23, 02:02 PM
"Stupid cows," Lavender curses as she observes their dull wit. "Why couldn't we have found one or two smart ones in the lot?" Turning to the gray cat, she says, "that was a fancy trick with the door... do you have any other tricks? Maybe something we can use to get these stupid things milked after all?"