PDA

View Full Version : Tale of the Immune System (IC)

Lightbogart
2010-10-26, 07:09 PM
This campaign will be about using the human body as a setting so I will make it very free in where you can go and will only really get a plot going when you've explored a lot
The headmaster (Thymosin)
*tink tink tink* May I have your attention? *ahem*
Well since it's graduation everyone is getting their teams

Team 1
Team 15
Rifa Pentine
Tythe Grey
Ozzy
Commiphora Mukul
That should be all of them. Now continue with the banquet
Afterward all of you will begin your first patrol
I am currently coming up with a way to quicken fights (I'll take suggestions) from having the maps and then waiting for everyone to slowly post their actions

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-29, 09:51 PM
Upon hearing his name said, Ozzy shouts out in glee, "AYE!"

Terumitsu
2010-10-30, 12:33 AM
Tythe was a bit quieter about the whole thing, looking around to see if any others in the room were reacting as loudly as that one did. And they had suchh an odd name too... But who was she to judge? She was named after the act of giving money to the church so there was little she could say about names.

She simply bent her head down a bit farther, making sure her hood was still firmly over her head. It was a little exciting though... It would be like those stories her father used to tell her of his own adventures... Maybe with a bit less heretic smiting though...

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-30, 01:33 AM
Noticing his new team mate lower her head Ozzy leans over, "Did I scare ya Lassy?"

Terumitsu
2010-10-30, 01:42 AM
"N-No.. Just.. Call it habit from training for stealth." Tythe lied, not facing her team member. Really, she was a little embarresed but it would be rude to say so. Her voice somewhat stammered when she first spoke but otherwise she managed to keep from tripping over her words, unlike how things normally were. With so many people around, she felt rather self-concious. Hopefully not too many people were looking this way..

That isn't to say, she felt this way due to Ozzy's exuberence but duley because of her own personal matters.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-30, 01:54 AM
"Aye well lassy, perhaps we'll make a good team. I can be bait you can go in for the kill?" Ozzy offers his hand, then whispers "It's my stature isn't it? I'm a large fellow, but I'm more like a teddy bear, I'm nice and soft, but protective." He smiles at her to make her feel welcome.

Terumitsu
2010-10-30, 03:14 AM
"A teddy bear?" Tythe said, looking up. The thought was silly enough to make her smile a little. Perhaps the loud one wouldn't be all that bad either.. "I haven't had one of those in a while." she said, lighty offering a ruddy colored hand to shake his. "Though I hope you make a hard target. Wouldn't want our team teddy bear turning into an arrow cusion." she said, implying a jest with her tone.

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-30, 03:20 AM
Ozzy taps his armor lightly, "Nye an arrow has pierced my skin yet, and nye an arrow ever will. No need to worry lassy, this teddy bear is safe. Ozzy, laughs lightly.

My guys 18 too. He justs acts older.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-10-30, 07:08 PM
The quiet man sitting across from you looks up, his head tilted slightly to one side, an expression of mild confusion on his reflective face.... or at least you think it's confusion, the reflective property makes it a bit difficult to tell. Teddy bear? he says curiously. I've heard of these "teddy bears" before. I'm not sure you qualify. For the first few syllables his voice is harsh, grating. It sounds like broken glass being ground with sand, but as he continues it smooths out into a more normal tone. After a moment his look of confusion changes to a small, satisfied smile and you think that he might have just attempted to make a joke, though it's a bit hard to say.

abadguy
2010-10-31, 01:52 AM
A lone fur-covered humanoid sits in the corner of the bar, scribbling furiously into his notebook. Yes, he thinks, this is ... INTERACTION. This was his first time out of the Institute of Even Higher Learning in all of 18 years, setting forth to learn more this world around him. His analytical ability lead him to be "volunteered" for the special training and surprised himself by passing and graduating without having to speak to anyone, using a crude sign language he invented. Now that he was to be in a patrol, he supposed he would have to speak sometime. To his team mates at least.

Lightbogart
2010-10-31, 08:55 AM
Just a reminder to everyone

Remember that you get 1 extra stat point from LVL 4
and more importantly you have the Memory catch(he) bonus feat for training in Thymus Academy

To summarize it allows you to pick: Attack, Damage, Dodge AC, or DC for spells and gives you a +1 for each 5 levels (min +1) so currently +2 ONLY if you succeed with the item you picked on a single enemy. THEN you always get the bonus on that specific enemy.

If that didn't make sense tell me and I'm only mentioning this cause at least 2 people didn't have the feat

Well now that everyone is at least somewhat acquainted with each other remember that the banquet will end soon and you are welcome to stay or go on your first patrol. Remember our fair country of (vote for a name) is always under siege, but it's not anything our brave militia men (neutrophils) can't handle..... for now

One more thing
Rifa seems to think that he/she? is coated with a CD14 membrane (monocyte) allowing Rifa to have the potential to be one of the Elite Royal Guard (Macrophage)

KingOfLaughter
2010-10-31, 12:07 PM
Ozzy raises a glass infront of his team mates.

"To me, to you, you, and you, (pointing to each of you in turn) to us! Might it be that we defend this great city and that our legacy long left written in the history books! So that the children generations from now read of us! That they wish to be like us!" Ozzy finishes cheers and then downs the entire glass.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-10-31, 04:01 PM
While I am unsure as to whether any children will want to be like me I do honor your enthusiasm! Com says, lifting his glass of water in salute.

Terumitsu
2010-10-31, 05:32 PM
Tythe raised a glass of juice as well. Perhaps things would not be so very terrible if this was the group she was assigned. They seemed to be a bit... Scattered in their chosen fields rather than more unified as one would expect for a team such as this. Yet, that might prove to be an asset rather than a detriment.

"A shot at history wouldn't be too bad either" she said, drinking to the toast.

abadguy
2010-10-31, 10:22 PM
Not terribly sure how to react, Rifa hesitantly raises his glass, and proclaims loudly, "Yes what he said! To the great city of JOHN DOE!"

Terumitsu
2010-11-02, 10:31 AM
That would get a blink out of Tythe. "Wait, what now?" she said. She honestly didn't think she heard correctly which was obviously why she was confused. That aside, she set her glass down and looked around with a much more agreeable expression. She felt a bit less crowded in smaller groups, obviously, and this small squad might be just perfect for a while.

Of course, all that was left to do was to finish eating as well as go grab the first orders of the career.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-11-02, 12:39 PM
Well, I, for one, am quite finished here, and very excited to get our first assignment, Com says looking around the room a bit restlessly. Then his attention snaps back to the group suddenly and, as though worried he'd offended someone he hurriedly adds Though I understand if you all still need to eat some more; I'm not trying to rush you or anything, with a rather lame smile.

Lightbogart
2010-11-02, 05:18 PM
As the party ate and discussed the crowd finally dispersed into the roads of the lymphatic system. You watch as the invisible membrane around them makes the smooth muscle of the blood vessels open up allowing them to walk through into the sea of lymph.

Everyone finds a paper in their gift bags detailing that the group as a whole may choose which area they will patrol for the time being

Do you partake on your journey?

Choose any part of the body and I'll tell you if lymphocytes can go there

KingOfLaughter
2010-11-02, 05:50 PM
(Brain! DEF BRAIN!)

Terumitsu
2010-11-02, 06:55 PM
((Totally the Liver! Lots of action there!))

Lightbogart
2010-11-02, 06:57 PM
Wait please don't propose a new place until the votes are put in (check the OOC)

Lightbogart
2010-11-03, 07:48 PM
Off to the lung

You each move into the lymph quickly moving to the close lung. You are led to the left lung which is close to the heart.

This will play out like a dungeon crawl since there are a lot of vessels in the lungs and an actual "bottom floor" so there will be a puzzle and battles along the way

Also the way I do battles is that I get a powerful single monster that you can definitely take on and then you focus fire on it; even though having a bunch of lower power, but well organized fighters take you on is fun it takes ALOT of time and can be confusing at times so I'll just use big things for now until the battles get faster and more refined

Before you go into the first floor to find pathogens and take them down.

A suave man with a portable piano on his back dressed in silk clothes with underlying chain mail, and tough leather boots smiles and greets you
Hello I see you're going to explore the Jaded dungeon. *ahem* My name is Dicie and a Royal guard (monocyte) this is my territory so let me give you some advice. The dungeon holds an interesting puzzle. You could try trial and error, but you can also get the solution slowly by taking down the pathogens that dwell within. The goal is to reach the Alveoli and make sure they're working fine, and I'm glad you came because we were about to make our weekly check and I'm short on hands. Now about the puzzle. The vessels are like a maze (of course), but there are gusts of wind that will push in certain directions at the same time you move forward for example you go down the hallway and you are pushed to the left into a different hallway. You must find the right hallways to cross so that you can reach the end. Though I've been here all my life there are so many mazes that I simply haven't charted them all out, so if you will go to a new path reach the end and check the Alveoli there and map it I'll reward you.

KingOfLaughter
2010-11-05, 09:06 PM
"Clear it out, map it out? Got it. Who's ready to go?"

abadguy
2010-11-06, 08:24 AM
Rifa nods enthusiastically, "Yes let us proceed!"

Terumitsu
2010-11-07, 03:58 AM
((Sorry for not popping in here earlier))

Tythe was rather quiet on her front but showed that she was indeed ready to go about and explore a bit. New places, new things. It was thrilling, really. It made her feel a bit giddy and more than a bit nervous. Perhaps that would pass with experience though.

"Mapping, huh? I'm pretty good at that so I'll give it a shot." the teifling said, rummaging around in her pack to check if she had all the right materials

Lightbogart
2010-11-07, 12:43 PM
*rub temples* Ishcumbeebeeda seems to have disappeared :smallsigh: how long are you guys willing to wait? I will send a PM and try to get a replacement if he doesn't respond in X amount of time *EXASPERATION*

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-11-07, 04:47 PM
Com's hand slips casually into the folds of his cloak and when it returns it holds a rather large sword, which resembles a shard of broken mirror affixed to a hilt. Nodding to himself his hand and the sword disappear within the cloak and when his hand comes back this time it is again empty. Then, in a rather disconcerting display, he reaches into his own left hand and pulls out a fist full of wands, muttering to himself as he leafs through them. Replacing the wands he shrugs his pack off his sholders and roots around in there for a few seconds. Finally, resholdering his pack, he looks around at everyone else and, with a small nervous smile says Sorry that took me so long. I belelieve that everything is in order and I am ready.

Lightbogart
2010-11-07, 05:00 PM
Then the first dungeon awaits.

The bard wishes you good luck and gives each of you a ink bottle, pen, and 2 strong sheets of paper just in case.

As you enter the lungs you find a path to the right and a path to the left as the path diagonally is blocked by a large pillar made of smooth muscle

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-11-07, 06:23 PM
Taking the proffered supplies and absentmindedly placing them in his left hand, his right burrying itself to the wrist in the process, Com looks left and right a few times. Well. Which way do you think we should go? he asks of his companions, turning toward them with a much less nervous smile firmly in place. Gesturing vaguely with his right hand toward the leftward passage he says, I'm feeling fond of the left for some reason. I don't know why as there seems to be little reason to choose one over the other.

KingOfLaughter
2010-11-07, 06:32 PM
"Then let's go left"

Lightbogart
2010-11-07, 07:10 PM
You encounter a door and a further path (this would work better on chat oh well)

abadguy
2010-11-08, 01:56 AM
"Hmmm, let's try the door?"

Rifa steps up to the door and examines it closely.

Lightbogart
2010-11-08, 06:50 PM
As you move close to the door the smooth muscle moves aside and as you peer through the door you see a short hallway that leads to yet another door

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-11-08, 07:47 PM
My map-making skills are...not what they could be. And it looks like this is going to be every bit as maze-like as we were told, so I hope at least one of you is jotting this down. Well, I don't have any pertinent information as to which way to go so.. how about we keep going and see what's behind the next door, eh?

KingOfLaughter
2010-11-08, 08:01 PM
"Yep. Let's be off"

Lightbogart
2010-11-08, 09:16 PM
Any one going to bother with search checks???

Terumitsu
2010-11-08, 09:35 PM
Tythe had apparently forgotten to pack her mapmaking materials. "Ah, looks like we'll have to be careful here as I don't have anything to write our progress out with. I can find out our location and where we are facing in just moments though..." she said in a tone that was mildly embarresed. Really, she had sworn she had picked up her journal and ink before she left.

Though, as she hadn't moved very far, she had yet to get a moment to look around at things properly. Perhaps in a moment, though...

abadguy
2010-11-09, 01:56 AM
((oh right!))
Rifa pokes around the muscle walls.
Search [roll0]

Lightbogart
2010-11-09, 07:59 PM
SOOOO MUCH WORK

Oh yeah uh you don't find anything

When you open the door you find an unlocked treasure chest with 145 gp

Edit:

Oh yeah and another door past that (wow this map has got a lot of doors

Ishcumbeebeeda
2010-11-12, 01:32 PM
Seems like a good omen to me. Forward then?

Tythe had apparently forgotten to pack her mapmaking materials. "Ah, looks like we'll have to be careful here as I don't have anything to write our progress out with. I can find out our location and where we are facing in just moments though..." she said in a tone that was mildly embarresed. Really, she had sworn she had picked up her journal and ink before she left.

Though, as she hadn't moved very far, she had yet to get a moment to look around at things properly. Perhaps in a moment, though...

Reaching into his hand Com retrieves the ink, pen, and paper that was given to him when they entered and hands it to Tythe. Might as well take mine, it's no good to me.

Lightbogart
2010-11-12, 06:58 PM
As Tythe opens the door he sees a giant air elemental roaming around the room. The air elemental notices him and Tythe shuts the door which is promptly smashed by the elemental

Roll initiative and choose a position

This is where you are right now and I'll make a new map for each room

{table]_|A_|B_
1||
2||
3||
4||[/table]