PDA

View Full Version : (3.5)Higher skill ranks?

Ilmryn
2010-10-26, 07:48 PM
Is there any way to get around the level+3 limit on how many raniks you can have in a skill?

Yuki Akuma
2010-10-26, 07:51 PM
There is a feat that lets you put skill ranks into a skill and explicitly lets you go over the cap - I don't remember the name, though.

Eldariel
2010-10-26, 07:53 PM
There is a feat that lets you put skill ranks into a skill and explicitly lets you go over the cap - I don't remember the name, though.

Primary Contact in Cityscape. That's it tho outside certain extra HD crap I would never suggest.

Glimbur
2010-10-26, 08:02 PM
Primary Contact in Cityscape. That's it tho outside certain extra HD crap I would never suggest.

I clearly don't have your morals.

a) Find a source of bonus temporary HD. Bardic inspire greatness, polymorph into a Dusk Giant and eat things, whatever.

b) Psychic reformation to move your skill points around so you have more ranks in your chosen skill(s).

c) Let the bonus HD lapse. There is no clause that checks whether your allocation of skill ranks is legal, so they stick around.

That's it. However, this is more an example of RAW being insufficient than something you should actually use. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

Show
2010-10-26, 08:17 PM
If you're going for only skill ranks, your choices are somewhat limited. However, if you're trying to raise your total skill modifier(s), there are all of a million of them.