PDA

View Full Version : Anti-magic fields and changelings

Aerlock
2010-10-26, 08:58 PM
The minor change shape ability of the changeling is a Supernatural ability that is not able to be dispelled. If a changeling were to enter an anti-magic field what would happen? Would his shape revert to his natural shape until he leaves the field or would he just not be able to change shape until he leaves the field?

- Aerlock

Marnath
2010-10-26, 09:02 PM
He wouldn't be able to shift in the AMF, but he wouldn't change back. Only the transition is magical, the result isn't.

Aerlock
2010-10-27, 07:30 AM
Thanks! That was my thought as well. You wouldn't happen to have a rules reference or errata that backs this up would you? My DM and I usually end up on the opposite side of discussions like this and I would like to have something to show him to support this argument.

- Aerlock

Marnath
2010-10-27, 01:18 PM
Thanks! That was my thought as well. You wouldn't happen to have a rules reference or errata that backs this up would you? My DM and I usually end up on the opposite side of discussions like this and I would like to have something to show him to support this argument.

- Aerlock

Well, it's not explicitly stated, but if you read the changeling entry on page 12-13 of the eberron campaign setting, it says in the minor shapechange description that it is not an illusory effect, but a minor change in the actual physical features. It also goes on to say that it last until you use the ability again. It also lists the effects that can show their true form, I.E. death and true seeing. If AMF reverted them it would say so in that sentence, eh?
Not a slam dunk but it's pretty obvious that was the intention.