PDA

View Full Version : where to get a good dnd (forgotten realms settng) group

ScottOlyer
2010-10-26, 09:31 PM
I am brand new to this forum. This is infact my first post. I used to play dnd and i have not been able to get a group going in a few years. I would love to start playing again and while binging around i found this site. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a site or a place in this forum where people actually sign up to have a real in person dnd group going. I have one other friend who is interested but the people we used to play with have all moved and so i don't even know where to begin to look for more people to get a group going.

Mystic Muse
2010-10-26, 09:39 PM
Here you go! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51

herrhauptmann
2010-10-26, 11:59 PM
Well going online to find real people CAN work. But it works better if you use something like an email list to your school/workplace. Here you're more likely to get people from across the world than you are local to your area.

ScottOlyer
2010-10-27, 08:40 AM
I understand that I can do the online gaming here but i was hoping with such a big community that maybe someone had a suggestion for someone that wants to play in person who can't find people to play with. I have not played in a long time and don't have a LOT of time on my hands but i would really love to get some people together.

Anyone else have this problem before where your old adventuring buddies are all gone and now that your a bit older and want to play again you can't find people? If so tell me how to solved the problem. Some suggestions would be great.

Zeofar
2010-10-27, 09:50 AM
Off the top of my head, Enworld has quite a bit of real-world game requests, and you might want to see if there is any local gaming group/club organized on meetup.com or another similar website.

Edit:

I understand that I can do the online gaming here but i was hoping with such a big community that maybe someone had a suggestion for someone that wants to play in person who can't find people to play with. I have not played in a long time and don't have a LOT of time on my hands but i would really love to get some people together.

Anyone else have this problem before where your old adventuring buddies are all gone and now that your a bit older and want to play again you can't find people? If so tell me how to solved the problem. Some suggestions would be great.

I believe that Kyuubi was referring to the fact that you can make recruitment posts for real world games, not saying that you should play on the forum.

As for the second part: Well, first of all, you could PbP on a forum or live on IRC, instant messengers, maptools, or another online gaming tabletop. You could play the Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights series.

bokodasu
2010-10-27, 09:54 AM
I found my RL-group(s) on Meetup.com, and depending on where you are you might want to check Craigslist.

Mystic Muse
2010-10-27, 10:57 AM
I believe that Kyuubi was referring to the fact that you can make recruitment posts for real world games, not saying that you should play on the forum.

Yeah, this was my intention.