PDA

View Full Version : [3.5-4e] Bringing Resurrection and True Resurrection into the system

Katana_Geldar
2010-10-26, 11:09 PM
With the campaign I am running, I think the system is a little too lenient in regards to Raise Dead. Aside from the Time Limit, you can Raise a person reduced to a pile of ash.

Any suggestions?

Marnath
2010-10-26, 11:38 PM
With the campaign I am running, I think the system is a little too lenient in regards to Raise Dead. Aside from the Time Limit, you can Raise a person reduced to a pile of ash.

Any suggestions?

I don't understand what it is you're asking?

Lord_Gareth
2010-10-26, 11:41 PM
Well, you can do a few things - up the cost, require a permanent physical sacrifice, require the body to be physically intact (or as intact as you think it can survive coming back to life in), et cetera.

Glimbur
2010-10-26, 11:42 PM
You could cut out Raise Dead et al entirely. This also means that each death should mean something, which means adjusting your monster's tactics accordingly. It also helps if you PC's are on board with the idea.

Zaydos
2010-10-26, 11:47 PM
I'm assuming this is asking about porting Resurrection from 3.5 to 4e.

Well my advice would be to make Resurrection simply be a higher level (late paragon maybe?) ritual and to make Raise Dead not function on creatures with their entire bodies destroyed.

vicente408
2010-10-27, 12:04 AM
... just change it so you need an intact body?