PDA

View Full Version : Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon - martial edition

Heliomance
2010-10-27, 06:12 AM
One of my players in my modern day campaign has as the way they know magic exists an ancestral rapier that one day started talking o them. It's what the character concept is based on, and he and I both think that Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon is a perfect fit fluffwise. There's just one problem. He's a warblade, not a wizard.

How would I go about modifying BotAW for a non-spellcaster?

dsmiles
2010-10-27, 06:15 AM
One of my players in my modern day campaign has as the way they know magic exists an ancestral rapier that one day started talking o them. It's what the character concept is based on, and he and I both think that Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon is a perfect fit fluffwise. There's just one problem. He's a warblade, not a wizard.

How would I go about modifying BotAW for a non-spellcaster?

Have you thought about the Ancestral Relic feat from BoED? It works for martial characters. I don't know about BotAW, I've never heard of it before.

The_Admiral
2010-10-27, 06:19 AM
Here you are http://www.giantitp.com/articles/xJ1VzXrzTxbe9Z8rXIV.html

Heliomance
2010-10-28, 06:05 AM
I don't think the Ancestral Relic feat is really what we're going for - you can't really build a character concept around a feat.
I don't really see that BotAW needs spellcasting, especially not as much as it requires at the moment. The only way to get in at level 6 currently is to be a straight classed wizard or cleric, no martial classes at all.