PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 PrC/feat...can't find it!

Absynthyne
2010-10-28, 06:04 AM
In the Expanded Psionics Handbook, there is a feat called:

Chaotic Mind [General]
The turbulence of your thoughts prevents others from gaining insight into your actions.
Prerequisite: Chaotic alignment, Cha 15.
Benefit: Creatures and characters who have an insight bonus on their attack rolls, an insight bonus to their Armor Class, or an insight bonus on skill checks or ability checks do not gain those bonuses against you.
The benefit of this feat applies only to insight bonuses gained from psionic powers and psi-like abilities. This is an exception to the psionics-magic transparency rule.
Special: You cannot take or use this feat if you have the ability to use powers (if you have a power point reserve or psi-like abilities).

I could have sworn that I've seen either a feat or a PrC that grants a similar ability, applicable to insight bonuses from any sort (not just psionics). Anyone know what it might be? I've done a load of research and can't seem to locate it!
Thanks!

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-28, 06:39 AM
sounds like somthing one of the Far Realm related classes would have, Alienist perhaps?

Absynthyne
2010-10-28, 07:00 AM
Alienist does have an insight granted to saving throws, but nothing regarding ignoring opponent's insight bonuses.
I believe it had something to do with the Chaotic nature of the character making insight bonuses inapplicable. I thought perhaps Chaotician, but no dice.

Lhurgyof
2010-10-28, 07:09 AM
SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#chaoticMind)

Blah blah blah

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-28, 07:26 AM
SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#chaoticMind)

wtf man did you just not read the OP at all?

Cogidubnus
2010-10-28, 07:33 AM
wtf man did you just not read the OP at all?

Well, he must have read SOME of it to realise which ability the thread was about :smalltongue:

Also, with psionics/magic transparency, your DM could rule that Chaotic Mind could be used for spells as well/instead.

Absynthyne
2010-10-28, 07:38 AM
I thought the same Cog, though it specifically states within the feat write-up that, "This is an exception to the psionics-magic transparency rule."
He won't go for it, so I'm stuck flipping through books.

Starting to think I'm crazy...does this PrC actually exist? :smallsigh: