PDA

View Full Version : 3.5/P Do you mix them?

Sir Swindle89
2010-10-28, 07:49 AM
3.5 and PF both have a lot of things i and my group like so we run a kind of hybrid when we can.

We take most of the feats from PF (new cleave, new toughness, vital strike tree, miss chance from movement stuff). All of fighter from PF, because it's basically just a buff. otherwise we play it by ear if some one wants somthing. all the rest is 3.5.

I was wondering if any one else in the playground did somthing simular and how you implement it.

Birstel
2010-10-28, 07:54 AM
I've let players in my game use the Fighter and Paladin from pathfinder, other than that I haven't looked at it much.

Leon
2010-10-28, 09:21 AM
The group i play with is going to be using the Combat Maneuver system from next game on

Quietus
2010-10-28, 09:33 AM
I often consider using the class skill system, and I'm only prevented from doing so by my inherent desire for as few houserules as possible. My setting demands a few fluff-based changes, so rule-based changes for the sake of mechanics is .. unjustifiable.

grimbold
2010-10-28, 09:51 AM
i like to run a bit of a hybrid too
i like the races in PF and the fighters and paladins.
there are a couple of pf only spells my players use sometimes which i'm cool with.
GENERAL RULE; PF is perfectly compatible with 3.5

subject42
2010-10-28, 09:59 AM
I actually do the exact opposite. We play a PF game and only import 3.5 stuff if there isn't an alternative in PF yet.

Hurlbut
2010-10-28, 10:07 AM
I actually do the exact opposite. We play a PF game and only import 3.5 stuff if there isn't an alternative in PF yet.Same here, it simplify my game and we crack open splatbooks if there's nothing that can be found in the Core.

El Dorado
2010-10-28, 10:25 AM
We recently switched to a Pathfinder game. The DM decided on using the core rulebook, the advanced player's guide, and a handful of setting specific mods (Eberron dragonmarks plus a few homebrew races).