PDA

View Full Version : need an adventure idea

grimbold
2010-10-28, 10:09 AM
i have been looking for rpers at my school and have found none :(.
However i have convinced some guys to try out a modern setting game with a rules lite system. But now i need an idea for an adventure to run to lure them into the magic of RPGs.
Any ideas?

subject42
2010-10-28, 10:18 AM
Play on Halloween. Play Call of Cthulhu. Profit.

Earthwalker
2010-10-28, 10:25 AM
Set up something simple for them to deal with.

Get all the characters on the same cruise ship, have a murder happen and let them investigate it and solve it. Murder investigation always works.

Or go with a similar idea with a ghost story in the same enclosed space.

grimbold
2010-10-28, 10:38 AM
both good ideas but i think that they are expecting something more 'sandbox'

Dr.Epic
2010-10-28, 11:14 AM
i have been looking for rpers at my school and have found none :(.
However i have convinced some guys to try out a modern setting game with a rules lite system. But now i need an idea for an adventure to run to lure them into the magic of RPGs.
Any ideas?

Modern setting? Do a vigilante superhero campaign. That's pretty popular in movies right now so I'm sure there will be an allure. And it'll be a good to help introduce them to regular D&D (they're kind of similar in nature).

claypigeons
2010-10-28, 11:48 AM
Serenity Roleplaying game.

Very fun. Rules-lite (mostly). No classes, no levels. "Feats and flaws" systems.

grimbold
2010-10-28, 02:28 PM
oo thank you doctor epic for the idea
maybe theyre like vigilantes running around and making money through various illegal ways. I promised them it would be grand theft auto esque

Xiander
2010-10-28, 02:36 PM
What sort of game do you want to run?
You have limitless possibilities:

Gangwars whith the players as muscle on one side of the battle, or alternatively caught in between.

Murder investigation.

Ghostbusters (or whatever other supernatural creature you want, think scoopy doo if the monster was a monster and not old man jenkins in a suit (bonus points if he gets away with it))

Robinson crusoe; the players all wash onto the same island.

Who framed us of murder? And how do we get back at them?

Zombie invasion, Duck and Cover!

Okay, so we robbed a bank, now what?

Your unknown uncle just died and left his great fortune to whoever spends the night in his haunted house.

Need i go on? Cause i can. :smallbiggrin:

grimbold
2010-10-29, 04:34 AM
Oo zombies or gangwars both appeall