PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Homebrew feats for Gestalt character.

lumosdefortuno
2010-10-28, 07:48 PM
So I need help building a proper heritage feat for the Gestalt character I'm building. He's a 10th level Paladin/Sorcerer Gestalt who is part of a sacred order of humans Called the Brethren of Bahalmut said to be descended from the bloodline of Bahalmut himself, and worship him as their patron deity. They are predominantly male but there is the rare female on occasion. His mount and his familiar is the same thing, which happens to be a giant snowy owl. Anyway so I want to build some sort of really awesome heritage feats for him, I'm thinking that his own father died when he was very young killed by one of the Kindred of Tiamat a predominantly female order which mirrors their own and are the descendants of Tiamat herself.

Anyway, what I want is to do some sort of celestial/draconic heritage feat which reflects being descended from the Platinum Dragon himself. Like I was thinking maybe the draconic breath weapon would be holy or something, the problem is that almost all my D&D books are in storage right now and I can't remember all the detail about Bahalmut and I'd just like some in put from y'all. I was thinking I'd use the rules that I can trade a use of turn undead in for a use of the Draconic breath weapon. Well hope to hear from you guys soon.:smallbiggrin:

Pyromancer999
2010-10-28, 08:13 PM
In Races of the Dragon, there is an option for Draconic Heritage(Platinum) for descendants of Bahamut. While it is intended as an option for the Dragonborn, you could always just ask your DM to waive that requirement and let your gestalt character take it.

Eloel
2010-10-28, 09:29 PM
In Races of the Dragon, there is an option for Draconic Heritage(Platinum) for descendants of Bahamut. While it is intended as an option for the Dragonborn, you could always just ask your DM to waive that requirement and let your gestalt character take it.

Draconic Heritage's only prerequisite is "Sorcerer level 1st". And he has that.

So yes, Draconic Heritage (Platinum) is indeed your best option.

Edit without actual edit: (saw right before posting) Wow, it seems Platinum actually needs Dragonborn. Weird.

Though really, thinking on it, an order named Brethren of Bahamut that is worshipping Bahamut is likely to do the Dragonborn ritual on each and every member...

Being a Dragonborn with Platinum Heritage opens alot of options too.
Like a 1/1d4 round choose-your-energy breath weapon. And a 1/round (it's a standard action) breath weapon that you can choose the energy of (due to platinum) that works by spending spell slots. (you're a sorcerer. you have alot of those)

There are also awesome things like claws, tail, wings, scales that can be gained with feats.

lumosdefortuno
2010-10-28, 10:22 PM
No, this is an order you are born into, you have to be a bloodline descendant of Bahamut. I'm building the character and I'll hopefully play with him some in actual game but I'm actually hoping to use him as the main character for the story or a book. :smallbiggrin:

The "order" is more a clan except that not every member of the clan joins the order. And some instead of Paladin/Sorcerer become Cleric/Sorcerer. I'm hoping that if I write wizards they'll let me do a book or a comic. I'm a writer and an artist so it would be really amazing to do my own D&D novel or maybe comic. I think I'd prefer to do a novel with just occasional illustrations, I'd much rather just be able to describe the color of someone's cloak with a few choice word then about kill myself having to redraw the same damn thing over and over and over, it would get very old after a while.

I guess for my book it doesn't matter that much but I really love this character and I'd like to play him a bit.

ANYWAY, yeah I really feel that these guys are more human nobles than dragonborn, I think they might perceive dragonborn as being peasants that were deemed worthy by their lord that they were elevated to a status near equal with their own but they themselves were born noble and therefore feel a deep and heavy responsibility to live their lives as Bahamut commands it.

Prime32
2010-10-29, 11:59 AM
ANYWAY, yeah I really feel that these guys are more human nobles than dragonborn, I think they might perceive dragonborn as being peasants that were deemed worthy by their lord that they were elevated to a status near equal with their own but they themselves were born noble and therefore feel a deep and heavy responsibility to live their lives as Bahamut commands it.Any reason dragonborn can't be an "awakening" for them? You could tone down the draconic features (maybe all of them choose the "senses" option).