PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Worlds (IC)

smartidiot
2010-10-28, 07:59 PM
Rules
Role playing is encouraged, be more fun than just blandly saying what you're doing, add some dialog, tell what your character is thinking, and just generally add flavor. Speaking of dialog, pick a color that you want your speech to be and stick with it, have it different than everyone else's and don't pick a color that's impossible to read such as yellow or white. Jessica has already called dibs on green, to change the color of your text you can either type <COLOR="YourColor">some text</COLOR> but with square brackets [] instead of the triangle ones, or you can highlight the text you want to change and click the down arrow next to the A at the top of the Message box and select your color from there.
As far as dice rolls go I'm going to try doing them all on my end and we'll see how that goes, if it works we'll keep doing it that way, otherwise we'll use the message board's dice roller.
Anything you post is automaticly "In Character" so don't talk about non game stuff on here, if you have something related to the game to say or ask but you don't want your character saying it then somehow let us know that it's "Out Of Character" (OOC) I will usually do this by putting around the text I want out of character. You don't have to do it this way, just as long as it's clear that it's not in character. A note, everything in this rules section is OOC.
Generally I will put stuff under your heading that only you see/know/smell/etc, feel free to read what's in other peoples headings, your character just can't act on it, and if I feel like there will be something that's too tempting to act on then I will PM it to the person it involves. if it's under the Everyone heading then everyone sees/knows/smells/etc and can act accordingly
I'm sure I didn't cover everything so if you have a question either shoot me a PM or catch me on Facebook or something, now let's go questing! :biggrin:

Nabiya + Valassuith
You both spend two weeks at the village waiting for the members of other nations to arrive. There is an aura of fear, not unlike a blanket, stifling the normally cheery attitude of the village. Talking to people you find that there are a lot of doubts and questions, will the others show up? Will such a small group be enough? Will they get here in time? Everyone treats you with respect, sometimes it's the respect of heroes, other times it's the respect with which you would treat an ancestor, the respect of death. The Cleric from the South shows up towards the end of the second week, he is wearing scale armor with a war hammer at his side and a steel shield across his back. The warrior from the West arrives a few hours after dawn the next day, he stands proud and his longsword clinks against his chain mail as he walks into the village. At noon a messenger tells you to meet at the Elder's Oak, the largest tree right in the center of the small village.

Kosiles
You arrive in the village and one of the elders greets you, he walks proudly and has long, flowing, silver hair. He thanks you for coming and leads you to where you will be staying until the warrior of the merchant empire arrives. Looking around you notice elves watching you from their dwellings in the trees. After you are led to your room the elder disappears and you are free to walk around the village. Anyone you talk to is scared, but grateful you are here. The warrior arrives the next day a few hours after dawn, and by noon you are told to meet at the Elder's Oak, the largest tree in the center of the small village.

Ris
You come to the elvish village a few hours after dawn, you are greeted by an elvish elder, who stands proudly and has long, flowing, silver hair, and lead to a place where you can wash off the grime of travel. Looking around you notice elves watching you from their dwellings in the trees. You are told you have two hours to relax, then you will meet with the elders and the others in your group. At noon you are brought by a messenger to the Elder's Oak, the largest tree in the center of the small village.

Everyone
"Thank you for coming to our village in our time of need" The speaker is the same proud, silver haired elf that greeted the newcomers as they arrived, he is the most respected of the elders. "Whatever your reason for being here we are grateful, you will all find friends in the people of Enitir. As you all know our whole nation has faced a rise in the number of goblins and the frequency of goblin attacks, most of these have occurred in the northwest and until now Enitir has been unaffected. That all changed a few weeks ago when one of the dryads who lived a few days east of here was killed by a band of goblins who had just moved to that part of the forest. We fear it is only a matter of time before our village is attacked. That is why you are here, you will all rest tonight and leave first thing in the morning, our village doesn't have much, but we managed to scrape together a healing potion for each of you and 10 arrows of Goblin Slaying. Good luck and Godspeed." He looks at each one of you in turn, his gaze asking if there's anything any of you want to say.

MacFlanigin
2010-10-28, 08:47 PM
"What in the name of all things Holy am I to do with these flimsy little arrows? They hardly seem fit to be used as tooth picks. Me thinks a new Holy Symbol, perhaps wroght of iron or silver to replace mine aged wooden symbol, doth make more sense as a gift!" thinks Kosiles.

smartidiot
2010-10-28, 08:58 PM
I should have clarified that the arrows were for the party, 10 arrows of goblinslaying for the party not for each individual

Nabiya
2010-10-30, 10:58 AM
Nabiya is slightly confused as to what is happening, having stayed out too late last night and being incredibly tired. She looks at the arrows and thinks that her own set would do far better.

xxAceHighxx
2010-10-31, 12:34 PM
ris is thinking of his homeland right now but he is curious to begin an adventure in is new life

Water3374
2010-11-01, 03:02 PM
Valassuith leans back in her chair, crosses her arms and longs to be back in the forest and with her companion the red tailed hawk, Percy.

smartidiot
2010-11-01, 03:15 PM
"If no one has anything to discuss then you may go, you have the rest of today to prepare for your quest, I would suggest going to bed early tonight." the first part of this statement is addressed to everybody, but on the last part he looks pointedly at Nabiya. He then stands up and the other elders follow suit, they exit the tree and you four are left sitting there.

Water3374
2010-11-01, 03:23 PM
Valasuith Leaves quickly and goes into the forest. She spends a lot of time saying goodbye to her dryad friends.

xxAceHighxx
2010-11-01, 07:19 PM
ris heads back into town thinking of something to do not being tired at all he heads to the local tavern haves a drink talks to some of the locals about myths and legends then heads back to his place of rest and calls it a night

MacFlanigin
2010-11-01, 09:46 PM
Kossiles thinks of the reason for which he is here and decides to head out to try and find a stream to fish in. His mind is troubled and he desires to find a sense of peace before heading out in the morning. After a couple hours of nothing, he gives up in frustration, and packs up his fishing rod. On his way back to town he finds a small, shady, clearing and decides to sit and ponder why he feels so ill at ease, eventually he falls into a troubled sleep. When Kossiles wakes, the first thing he notices is that the sun is a few hours away from setting. He deciedes to head into town to try to find some sort of distraction for his troubled mind.
[OOC]I feel like writing alot.

smartidiot
2010-11-02, 03:32 PM
Ris

You find a small inn located near the edge of the village. You walk in and the innkeeper offers you a good elvish wine, you then ask about some lore of this land. The innkeeper looks at you for a moment and then begins to speak. "There was a time, barely remembered by the grandfathers of the oldest of elders, when Llanovon burned. The entire nation was consumed in hellfire and there was chaos through out the land. Some mad wizards from other nations offered some of our people escape, but very few trusted the wizards, and thus very few accepted. Many died in the hellish landscape, and the ones who left were never heard from or seen again. Some say that there were streaks across the sky that night, and that it had something to do with the wizards' spells, but no one can be sure." When his story comes to a close and your wine has been finished you politely excuse yourself and go back to your room.

Kosiles

You find a nice small lake to fish in about half an hours hike north from the village. You fish for a while, catching 6 fish, before calling it good and finding a clearing. After an hour or so of relaxing you realize it's starting to get towards dusk and you head back.

Valasuith

You take a long loop near the village, saying goodbye to your friends that are within a half days hike from the village. Towards the end of your loop the same elder who talked to the party walks up to you. "Hello Valasuith, I wanted to bid you farewell away from the others, you have been a great member of this village and it has been my honor to know you. I know you think that you will be coming back to the village within a week, but I have seen that you will be part of something much greater, this world is about to change and you and these humans you are with will be at the front of these changes, I can't tell you more because I don't know more, I wish you good luck." With these prophetic words he walks back into the forest and vanishes among the trees. You come back to the village a little after dark and make your way to your tree.

Everyone

The sun dawns on a clear summer day, your group assembles at the eastern edge of the village. The whole village has come to see you off.

you don't need to put all your text in colors, just any words you speak

Water3374
2010-11-02, 07:40 PM
Valasuith waves goodbye to everyone sadly, she will miss her home. The words of the village elder said in the forest still haunt her.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-02, 08:02 PM
Kossiles stands in stark contrast against the morning light. His last night in the village was not relaxing or refreshing as it should have been and his thoughts are filled with anxiousness. He tightens the straps of pack and looks to his companions. They don't look like much, but Kossiles learned quickly in the first months of his training not to judge others based upon preconceptions. The six fish Kossiles cought the day before fill his belly comfortably, and smelling the fresh dew in the morning air he prepares himself to face the road ahead.

Nabiya
2010-11-02, 08:48 PM
Nabiya looks at the people assembled in the village, and at her new "team". She sits on a rock to wait for the others, and wonders if she should go pee before they are off.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-03, 09:04 PM
Kosiles looks to Valasuith and says, "You there, elf! You are from this village, are you not? What dost thou know about this quest, upon which we are embarking?"

smartidiot
2010-11-04, 10:51 AM
Your party sets off, walking into the forest and leaving the village behind. The trees close in around you and the sounds of the forest are more prominent than they were back in Enitir. For a few hours your party travels through the forest, several times catching glimpses of deer or other woodland animals darting through the trees. At around noon Nabiya and Valasuith spot a dryad (Valasuith knows this dryad) watching the group from the trees.

What order are you guys marching in?

note: any conversations that happen happen in a reasonable time frame, so Kosiles' question and Valasuith's eventual response actually happen close to each other sometime between when they leave the village and noon, even though it might seem that he asked her and she didn't respond until several hours later.

Nabiya
2010-11-04, 02:19 PM
Nabiya is enjoying the scenery on the teams walk. :D

Water3374
2010-11-04, 04:14 PM
Valasuith turns to Kosiles and says "I was told hobgoblin and goblin uprisings are to the east, they have threatened friends of mine, and i offered my assistance and was sent to help out, and why are you here?"

MacFlanigin
2010-11-04, 08:07 PM
[OOC] I think our marching order should be Ris, Kosiles, Valsuith, then Nabiya.

Nabiya
2010-11-05, 06:03 PM
Nabiya is still silent :P

smartidiot
2010-11-05, 10:05 PM
The rest of the day passes uneventfully, the sun is starting to set and you come upon a small stream with a clearing next to it.

a few things
first: Hayden, could you either edit or erase your comment when you get a chance

second: Claire, color is only for Dialog and you don't need to put smiley faces after what you say, just say it without the smiley.

third: Everyone, Jessica is at her dads this week, and will not be able to post on her own, so she will tell me what she wants to say over the phone and I will put it in my post.

fourth: Everyone again, try to check the game everyday so we can keep this moving, I will try to post everyday if I can.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-05, 11:06 PM
[OOC] I promise to be nicer towards elves and other non-monster races. However, any goblins or whatevers we happen to come across will pay for being mosters.

"I am here to prove myself in the eyes of my order."

xxAceHighxx
2010-11-06, 11:08 AM
ris starts the fire and offers to take first shift while everyone else sleeps

smartidiot
2010-11-08, 11:24 AM
After the fire is started and everyone gets ready Valasuith says "I will take last watch, you each watch two hours, and I can watch four, that way we all get the amount of sleep we need, since Ris will take first watch I think Kosiles should take second and Nabiya should take third."

Camp is fully set with just under an hour until dark.

Nabiya
2010-11-08, 05:08 PM
Nabiya simply says, "Sounds good to me."

MacFlanigin
2010-11-08, 10:11 PM
"Indeed," mumbles Kosiles before falling asleep.

smartidiot
2010-11-09, 08:38 PM
Nothing attacks the camp that night, and the only thing anyone notices is some raccoons sniffing around the edge of camp when Valasuith is waking up and Nabiya is going to bed. It is dawn and you are all well rested.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-11, 06:40 PM
Where do we go from here?

Water3374
2010-11-13, 11:19 AM
"I suppose we just keep heading the direction that we've been heading"

Water3374
2010-11-14, 10:57 AM
[OOC] is anyone having a hard time reading what my person is saying? I could make it a darker color of green.. Let me know

smartidiot
2010-11-14, 01:08 PM
Your party continues on, about halfway through the day everyone makes spot checks Hayden{8} sees trees, Josh {17} sees one goblin about 30 feet in front of the group attempting to hide behind a bush, Jessica{12} sees one goblin about 30 feet in front of the group attempting to hide behind a bush, Claire{20} sees four goblins, three of them are well hidden along the path you guys were following, one of them is poorly hidden and is the closest to the group.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-14, 05:29 PM
Kosiles begins to whistle a tune unknowingly.

Nabiya
2010-11-14, 07:43 PM
Nabiya shouts "Guys! There's goblinos over there!"

xxAceHighxx
2010-11-17, 11:52 AM
ris spots the one goblin and is going to try and sneak up behind it

smartidiot
2010-11-17, 01:18 PM
Initiative
Ris{22}
Nabiya{16}
Kosiles{13}
Goblins{11}
Valasuith{4}

Ris attempts to hide{7} and move silently{15}, He somehow manages to not get spotted while sneaking up on the goblin (spot{6}) and Nabiya's shout covers the sound of his approach(listen{3}). Nabiya's turn.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-17, 10:37 PM
Kosiles looks around trying to find the goblins that Nabiya shouted about.

Nabiya
2010-11-23, 09:43 PM
Nabiya aims her bow at one of the goblins and fires.

smartidiot
2010-11-29, 12:58 PM
Nabiya takes aim at the nearer goblin to the left {20} she looses her arrow and it strikes the goblin in the goblin in the neck {7}, it lets out a strangled cry and falls to the ground.

Kosiles' action, now that Nabiya has shouted warning and shot a goblin in the neck you can see the other goblins.

MacFlanigin
2010-11-29, 11:37 PM
Kosiles utters a short prayer, hefts his sheild and hammer, and charges the closest goblin.

smartidiot
2010-11-30, 10:41 AM
Kosiles' charge carries him straight toward the goblin Ris is sneaking up behind {16} his hammer connects with the goblins head, smashing it against the tree the goblin was attempting to hide behind {13}

The goblin that is farther and to the left lifts its javelin and throws it at Kosiles {20} grazing him low on his leg {2} The closer goblin is 10 ft in front of Kosiles, it grabs its morning star and charges him, yelling incomprehensibly {natural 20; 14} the blow lands with a sickening thud high on the side of Kosiles' other leg {6}

Valassuiths action, there are two goblins left, one right in front of Kosiles and Ris(about 35ft from Valassuith and Nabiya), and one 15 ft away from kosiles and Ris (45ft away from Valassuith and Nabiya)

small o's are goblins big O's are characters:

o
____oO
____O

__O
__O

smartidiot
2010-12-01, 07:04 PM
Jessica told me on the phone what she wants Valassuith to do

Valassuith runs up behind Kosiles and extends her hand, as she touches his back a soothing green energy flows from her fingertips and down to his wounds. Kosiles can feel his wounds closing as the green energy flows over his wounds {+8 hp}.

Ris' action

o
____oO
____O
____O

__O

MacFlanigin
2010-12-01, 09:19 PM
"Thank you kindly for the healing!"

smartidiot
2010-12-06, 05:32 PM
in order to make this game go quicker I'm going to post for Josh

Ris takes a 5-foot step in order to flank the goblin that's on Kosiles then he swings his sword {19} sinking his sword into the side of the goblin until it touches the goblins spine {11}. As he removes his sword the goblin falls to the ground.

Nabiya's action.

o___O

____O
____O

__O

Nabiya
2010-12-08, 04:09 PM
Nabiya fires another arrow at the closest goblin

smartidiot
2010-12-08, 04:11 PM
Nabiya lets an arrow fly at the remaining goblin{17}, grazing it's arm {2}. The goblin remains standing.

Kosiles' action

o___O

____O
____O

__O

MacFlanigin
2010-12-08, 10:54 PM
Kossiles cautiously moves up to the last goblin and attacks.

smartidiot
2010-12-09, 11:23 AM
Kosiles moves towards the goblin, as you step up right next to it the ground falls out beneath you feet, you try to grab the edge but you aren't quick enough {2} You fall 10 ft, taking {2} damage.

The last goblin takes one look around and runs away, He is 160 ft away from Nabiya and about 130 ft away from everyone else if anyone wants to do anything this round.

smartidiot
2010-12-13, 07:02 PM
The goblin finally runs out of sight, combat is over. Kosiles is still in the hole.

MacFlanigin
2010-12-18, 12:37 AM
Kosiles takes out his rope and throws it up to the other members of the team, so they can help him climb out.

Nabiya
2011-01-17, 06:09 PM
Someone needs to post something, PATRICK.

MacFlanigin
2011-01-27, 05:30 PM
I agree, I've been stuck in a hole for months. This can't possibly be healthy.