PDA

View Full Version : Warmage Duskblade build?

DuskyMage
2010-10-28, 11:30 PM
Im in a lvl 12 game and I was previously playing a straight warmage but I have decided that I wanted to try something different so I was think the following.

Duskblade 3/Warmage 9

This is probably a terrible build but I want some help making this build better I was thinking of just making an uber warmage Close Combat build.

THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!

Godskook
2010-10-28, 11:34 PM
NO! Bad playgrounder. Put down the bad multiclass and step away from the build.:smalltongue:

---------

In all serious, Warmage and Duskblade don't really synergize well, and you'd probably be better off going straight Duskblade rather than that amalgamation you're thinking there.

Hawk7915
2010-10-29, 12:11 AM
There's probably a worse multi-class combo out there (Monk/Samurai?), but this one is pretty weak. MAD (only Wisdom can be safely dumped), and the class abilities don't just not synergize; they anti-synergize with each other and do not complement each other in any way. As they are both spontaneous casters we can't even use Ultimate Magus to salvage things. It's a unique idea, but sadly won't work.

However, Warmage, while not optimal, is a decent "Gish" character. They get Fire Trap as a second level spell, meaning they qualify for Abjurant Champion without even using Eclectic Knowledge (although Eclectic Knowledge: Shield is probably a good idea anyways). As a level 12 build, Warmage 10/Abjurant Champion 2 is a well-armored caster with three feats to spare (had to take martial weapon prof and Combat Casting), Swift, Extended, and Enhanced abjurations, BAB +7, and no lost caster levels. Fighter 1/Warmage 4/Eldritch Knight 2/Abjurant Champion 5 gets more neat class features, better HP, doesn't have to waste a feat on weapon proficiency, and BAB +10, although it lags behind a spell level and can only wear light armor without taking Battle Caster. Don't forget to take Arcane Strike, Power Attack, and possibly Knowledge Devotion for maximum carnage!

Keld Denar
2010-10-29, 12:51 AM
Warmages don't make very good gishes because they lack a lot of the prime Transmutation, Abjuration, and Illusion spells that keep you safe and beef you up to the level you need to engage in close combat. Its kinda like giving a dedicated archer with PBS, Precise Shot, and Rapid Shot a greatsword and telling him to go make with the melee...except worse.

I understand where you are trying to go with this, with Duskblade3 channeling your higher level Warmage spells, but it just doesn't work out very well. The opportunity cost is really high.