PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu: Hotel California

BobVosh
2010-10-29, 04:30 AM
Curse Big C' for having a really hard name to spell.

That said, I have been pondering about this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170215) pretty much since I saw it come up a month ago. Now I'm pretty much down to the limit of how much time I have left to do my CoC one shot version.

Basically I have told my players they are going to play CoC, but I did character creation with each of them separately. I asked them which time period they wanted to play in(out of the 3 listed in the book), and told them that that is what I will run as I don't particularly care. So I have 1 1800s, 2 1920s, and 2 modern characters. I plan on them all meeting when the moderns met up at the Eagle Inn. The 1800s will have been trapped when his horse died going through the desert to California for that sweet gold. He will think he has been waiting at the hotel for about a week. 1920s will have a broken car and arrived just the night before, and the moderns have just walked in.

Now I am definitely going with the suggestion from here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9486421&postcount=91) with both. It is CoC, a one shot, I might as well do a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" in a fairly literal sense. I'm just curious what people think I should make the pretty, pretty boys and the mistress be. Also what critter should be sealed, as obviously it isn't big C himself. Just any suggestions would be neat.

TroubleBrewing
2010-10-29, 04:44 AM
Also what critter should be sealed, as obviously it isn't big C himself.

It is obviously Azathoth. The players have encountered either a fragment, or a wormhole, or some other way of being in the vicinity of Azathoth's prison at the center of the universe. The mad pipers piping outside the hotel being explained away as wind, the stars in constellations no mortal has ever seen and stayed sane, and to top it all off, the bar is out of whiskey.