PDA

View Full Version : Smitty Needs a New Curse

ryleah
2010-10-29, 03:53 PM
I have a character who, through no fault of his own, is now the living incarnation of plague in his world setting. Using Bestow Curse, Bestow Greater Curse and some malevolent geography the character has let loose some pretty zany curses. Unfortunately, I'm running low on ideas, and the character has to unleash an epidemic every week or some elder evil eats his brain. Help would be greatly appreciated. There's an example below:

GREY PLAGUE
The recipient of this curse takes 1 point of charisma drain. Whenever he makes contact with another humanoid they must make a save versus the initial dc of this curse or contract it as well. The character can be affected by this curse more than once. The effects stack. For every additional point of charisma drain the character has taken from this curse the save dc's for it's curse goes up by two and the charisma drain it deals goes up by one. When a character's charisma is reduced to 0 it dies and is resurrected as a Bleak One (HoH). If the character had 15 or more points of charisma drained before it reached 0, it is instead resurrected as a Grey Jester (HoH).

Fako
2010-10-30, 12:08 AM
If you don't mind crunching numbers, you can use the information on infectious diseases from Wikipedia, found here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_infectious_diseases), to quickly make new epidemics. Consider that the average commoner has scores of 8-ish to determine the damage the disease should deal.

If you need something quickly, [shameless plug] check out the Skinshred Swarm in my sig. It creates more copies by infecting people with the disease, and letting the disease possess the victim's skin. [/shameless plug]