PDA

View Full Version : rogue Optimization (D&D 3.5)

BIGMamaSloth
2010-10-29, 06:34 PM
so im starting a new group and im pretty sure im gonna be a rogue. im looking to get full or near full sneak attack progression and be very stealthy. Im not so great at this whole optimization thing but all my chums im playing with are. so i was wondering if you could help me.

were starting at level 1 but a full build would be great. also all books except pscionics (dont know how to spell that) are allowed.

Ps. this is my first post im new to this forum. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-29, 06:37 PM
Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8711233#post8711233)

Oh and welcome to the forum, it is always nice to see another buding optimizer face around here. (and if you can/want try to convinve your group to give psionics a go, it is a wonderful system)

Coidzor
2010-10-29, 06:40 PM
Craven is always fun.

gallagher
2010-10-29, 06:40 PM
well, Craven, Karmic Strike, and Robilards Gambit are all must-have feats. combine that with weapon finesse and you have 4 feats soaked up.

the key to being a good rogue is being able to crit and sneak attack things that normally are immune. get golembane scarabs, wands of gravestrike, and whatever else works well.

and dont forget, you need odd equipment like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAXUYLbFYk&feature=share)to help you get out of situations. your survivability is nearly identical to your ability to get out of there

Coidzor
2010-10-29, 06:42 PM
Robilar's gambit? :smallconfused: Even with miss chances, he doesn't want to be encouraging the opposition to go for him.

molten_dragon
2010-10-29, 07:14 PM
Take a level of swordsage (or ideally 2*) and never look back. Make sure to pick up the shadow blade feat. Distracting ember and island of blades will help you to get sneak attacks more often. And when you can pick up assassin's stance, it gets even better.

*some people will just suggest waiting until 9th character level to pick up a level of swordsage. Personally, I think it's more beneficial to take a level of swordsage as your 2nd character level, to get early access to shadow blade, distracting ember, and island of blades, then take another swordsage level as your 8th character level, to get assassin's stance and another 3rd level maneuver.

You'll definitely want to go two weapon fighting, for the extra sneak damage on full attacks.

Your race will of course be whisper gnome.