PDA

View Full Version : Anthropomorphic Pig? [D&D 3.0/3.5]

Ragitsu
2010-10-29, 08:06 PM
Is there an Anthropomorphic Pig race in any D&D 3.0/3.5 book? If so, which one(s)?

Come to think of it, is there a list of all the Anthropomorphic races in D&D that lists the book(s) they appear in?

Marnath
2010-10-29, 08:12 PM
There is a complete list in Savage Species. In fact, I don't know that they appear in any other book.

Zaydos
2010-10-29, 08:17 PM
If you only mean races named: Anthropomorphic (Insert animal here) they're all in Savage Species.

If you mean any humanoid animal men:
Gnolls (hyena men; MM, SRD, as a race in Races of the Wild)
Catfolk (Races of the Wild)
Nezumi (rat men from Oriental Adventures)
Tortles (Dragon Magazine #315 and maybe somewhere else)
Giff (hippo-men; Dragon Magazine #339)

For pig men the only one I can think of is certain depictions of orcs.

That's just from the top of my head and I know I'm missing some.

Marnath
2010-10-29, 08:22 PM
Antropomorphic Boar is a Medium creature. 2 d8 hitdie, +2 LA, +4 STR, +6 CON, +4 WIS, –2 CHA. (2 + Int mod) × 5 skill points. +6 Natural Armor. Barbarian as favored class. 30foot speed.

Thurbane
2010-10-29, 08:30 PM
Favored class: Fighter Pilot.

http://i55.tinypic.com/rib6kg.jpg

Akal Saris
2010-10-29, 09:11 PM
I thought that was going to be a Porkins image.

tonberrian
2010-10-29, 09:13 PM
My thoughts went to Peter Porker, aka Spider-Ham!

Ragitsu
2010-10-29, 11:09 PM
Antropomorphic Boar is a Medium creature. 2 d8 hitdie, +2 LA, +4 STR, +6 CON, +4 WIS, –2 CHA. (2 + Int mod) × 5 skill points. +6 Natural Armor. Barbarian as favored class. 30foot speed.

Did you come up with that solely using Savage Species?

Marnath
2010-10-29, 11:11 PM

If by come up with it, you mean read a line in a chart, then yes. Theres a few dozen of them, lots of different animals.

gbprime
2010-10-29, 11:12 PM

He did, yes. Pages 215 and 216.

Amiel
2010-10-29, 11:14 PM
Is there an Anthropomorphic Pig race in any D&D 3.0/3.5 book? If so, which one(s)?

Come to think of it, is there a list of all the Anthropomorphic races in D&D that lists the book(s) they appear in?

Here is a semi-anthropomorphic pig (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150782).

Ragitsu
2010-10-29, 11:26 PM
Awesome.

I have Savage Species (apparently, I should have read further in). I'll probably end up using the Anthropomorphic Boar, but a pig would be more precise.

Marnath
2010-10-29, 11:32 PM
Awesome.

I have Savage Species (apparently, I should have read further in). I'll probably end up using the Anthropomorphic Boar, but a pig would be more precise.

You do know a Boar is the term for a male pig right? They're the same species. If you want a female just call her an anthropomorphic Sow.

Chrono22
2010-10-29, 11:38 PM
Here is an anthropomorphic pig race for pathfinder.
Boriwog from BySwarm (http://byswarm.com/dark-golden-age/monster/race-boriwog-boars-pf-points?order=name&sort=asc)

Marnath
2010-10-29, 11:40 PM
Here is an anthropomorphic pig race for pathfinder.
Boriwog from BySwarm (http://byswarm.com/dark-golden-age/monster/race-boriwog-boars-pf-points?order=name&sort=asc)

Immune to fear effects? I've seen pigs DIE from fright before. Just, BOO! and they squeal and fall over. Of course, that might just have been genetic heart failure, but still. Pigs definately feel fear.

Ragitsu
2010-10-29, 11:47 PM
You do know a Boar is the term for a male pig right? They're the same species. If you want a female just call her an anthropomorphic Sow.

There's a world of difference between hunting a farm pig, and a boar armed with tusks and a nasty attitude.

HunterOfJello
2010-10-29, 11:52 PM
You need to play an Anthropomorphic Pig who gets lycanthropy from a Werebear.

You will become Bear-Man-Pig!

Fizzban
2010-10-29, 11:58 PM
Ragitsu "There's a world of difference between hunting a farm pig, and a boar armed with tusks and a nasty attitude."

Not really farm pigs are huge and mean. The pigs you see on TV are piglets. If you release farm pigs into the wild they revert to wild pigs and will join in with feral hogs. They are hard to kill and fast. They destroy huge areas of land it's an extreme problem in areas like the Smokey Mountains since they have no natural predators (pigs aren't native to the Americas); bears and mountain lions don't even mess with them. It's such a problem that legally you can hunt them with handguns, dogs and fully automatic weapons while on ATVs.

On topic Iron Kingdoms has Farrow which are Pig-men. They are kinda orc-ish with a gore attack and scent, but they are neutral.

Fizz

Amiel
2010-10-29, 11:59 PM
You need to play an Anthropomorphic Pig who gets lycanthropy from a Werebear.

You will become Bear-Man-Pig!

Similarly, you could play an anthropomorphic pig who contracts lycanthropy from a bearwere.

You'll then be known as Man-Bear-Pig.

Marnath
2010-10-29, 11:59 PM
There's a world of difference between hunting a farm pig, and a boar armed with tusks and a nasty attitude.

I've worked with farm pigs. The difference is minimal. Plus, modern pigs as we know them don't exist in a medieval setting.

Ragitsu
2010-10-30, 12:06 AM
I've worked with farm pigs. The difference is minimal. Plus, modern pigs as we know them don't exist in a medieval setting.

To be fair, you cannot use D&D as a yardstick of everything medieval, since it tends to be only as historic as needed, and the variety of campaign worlds out there is staggering.

Marnath
2010-10-30, 12:08 AM
To be fair, you cannot use D&D as a yardstick of everything medieval, since it tends to be only as historic as needed, and the variety of campaign worlds out there is staggering.

That may be, but the difference between a domestic pig and a wild one is that one has enough bristles not to freeze outside. Maybe a meaner temperment too.

Ragitsu
2010-10-30, 12:24 AM
That may be, but the difference between a domestic pig and a wild one is that one has enough bristles not to freeze outside. Maybe a meaner temperment too.

And tusks. I wonder if all that is enough to lower the LA a bit.

Marnath
2010-10-30, 12:44 AM

They don't get a gore attack, so I'd guess no. Any tusks would be aesthetic.

Fizzban
2010-10-30, 12:44 AM

All pigs have tusk. Farm pigs have them cut regularly if they didn't they would have the same tusk as wild pigs and feral hogs.

Marnath
2010-10-30, 12:50 AM
All pigs have tusk. Farm pigs have them cut regularly if they didn't they would have the same tusk as wild pigs and feral hogs.

This is what I was saying. Set some domestic pigs loose,and in one or two generations you can't tell the difference between their offspring and wild ones.

Fizzban
2010-10-30, 01:07 AM
This is what I was saying. Set some domestic pigs loose,and in one or two generations you can't tell the difference between their offspring and wild ones.

I run an environmental research lab in the Smokey's and it's a huge issue. We can't get ride of them. It's years of farm pigs getting loose and people dropping boars from Russia to hunt. They breed and happily go along rutting everything up and attacking every animal that's near. They destroy all flora and fauna. It's to the point the gov't. is allowing you to kill them however you can. You can shoot them with a large caliber rifle and they will still charge at you. Generally someone shoots with a rifle then someone else shoots it with a handgun as it charges. I'm more afraid of them than running into a bear. We can't chemically attack them or use traps due to hurting people and other animals. There isn't any North America animal that can be used to check them, and you obviously can't introduce non-indigenous species to deal with them. I'm just glad I'm generally in my lab and hunters have to deal with them.

Farrow in Iron Kingdoms are a CR of 1 and I'm thinking their gore attack is a d8. The only thing that I can remember standing out about them is their Con was really high so they soaked up damage well but they didn't pack a huge punch.

Fizz

dgnslyr
2010-10-30, 01:21 AM
And that is why America named the A-10 (http://www.badassoftheweek.com/warthog.html) the Warthog.