PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage handbook?

BIGMamaSloth
2010-10-30, 10:50 AM
does one exist? I cant find one.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-10-30, 10:55 AM
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871270/Tome_of_Battle_for_Dummies makes a reference to it, but there doesn't seem to be a guide devoted to swordsages, no. If you need character optimization advice, you might want to ask a forum (which I often do anyway; handbooks are tied to the individual author's playstyle, rules interpretations, and sourcebooks, and as such often miss things)

BIGMamaSloth
2010-10-30, 11:10 AM
thanks for the help

Darrin
2010-10-30, 12:23 PM
thanks for the help

The shear number of things you can do with a swordsage makes it a little difficult to consolidate into a sourcebook. A Diamond Mind focused swordsage is going to look exceedingly different than a Desert Wind or Shadow Hand swordsage. Could you give us some ideas on what you're trying to accomplish, and maybe we could give you some more solid advice on that?

AllisterH
2010-10-31, 01:48 AM
I once heard it argued that you could pick blindfolded manoeuvers and STILL have an effective character...

The best way to use ToB is to simply pick the manouevers that you think sound cool/like since there really are very few bad options...