PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Almighty: IC

Kobold-Bard
2010-10-30, 01:24 PM
And just like that they're gone, as is all the decoration from the room leaving you in a very bare room that based on the roof design could very well be a barn.

There is a stunned silence for a moment as the three of you look at one another, but nothing happens. You don't look any different or feel any different, but what you just experienced was too real; the voice still reverburating in your chest , it can't have been fake.

There is a door to your left., it seems to be the only way out so you all head for it still quiet. As you reach it it opens of its own accord and prismatic energy rushes at you for the briefest second before dispersing.

Unlike last time, this has most definitely had an effect on you.

--------------------
Introduce yourselves etc. You are now in your primary preferred form.

Roll me a Know (Religion or Planes) if you have it, a Listen check and a basic Int check.

I won't be dragging this game like i do most, it's up to you to keep it going. I'll react to what you do, give you details as you need it, but if you do nothing then the game will die and that will be on you, not me. Deal?

Volthawk
2010-10-30, 02:35 PM
Darthrek drops to one knee, and the scales he has develop even more, growing thicker and more developed, turning greenish for a few moments, before darkening. Ridges develop up his arms and legs, forming spines and spikes. Two great wings sprout from his back, spreading out wide, bright red. His head elongates, fangs growing inside his jaws. Around some of the ridges, a bright lava-like substance can be seen, going down his arms and legs, going to the head. His hands grow great talons, as does his feet.

Darthrek rises, not acknowledging the other people there. It was true. The incompetent old gods had left. He was ready.

Listen: 44
Int: 15

We can take 10 on anything, so I am. If we can take 20 in the situation, I will, so add 10 to both results in that case.

I won't be dragging this game like i do most, it's up to you to keep it going. I'll react to what you do, give you details as you need it, but if you do nothing then the game will die and that will be on you, not me. Deal?

Alright. Makes sense, with the game's scope.

Quietus
2010-10-30, 02:35 PM
Nathan stands for several long moments, his eyes half closed as he feels the rush of power flood through him, looking all the world like a man in the throes of bliss. Feeling like his body is thrumming with power, a wide grin spreads over his face, his green eyes sparkling as he throws his hat high into the air, catching it in one hand and crowing with laughter. With a flick of his wrist, he produces a mirror from out of nowhere, settling his wide, feathered hat back firmly on his head, and looking as though he's examining his features for some kind of change in his appearance. As best as he can tell, however, he looks the same as ever - a dashing, handsome man, in a tailor-made swashbuckler's outfit, loose enough to move in, but not so baggy as to get tripped up in.

"Well, what do you think about that? Spend all that time doing their work for them, and what's the thanks we get? They go on vacation! Leave us to take care of their dirty laundry! I say we celebrate - out with the old, in with the new, let's have a party and show the world that their Gods finally give a damn!"

Knowledge (Either, I can fake being trained in both) : [roll0]
Listen : [roll1]
Int check : [roll2]

((I'm assuming for these checks that our vow of poverty benefits and divine rank apply; If they don't, then the Knowledge and Int checks drop by 9, Listen by 8.))

Quietus
2010-10-30, 02:37 PM
((If I get to use my 1/round reroll, I'll do so with the Listen check, giving either the 27 above, or : [roll0]))

Quietus
2010-10-30, 07:15 PM
((Whee postspam - let's get this thing rolling, though!))

Movement in his peripheral vision gets Nathan's attention, and he turns his head, watching as Darthrek assumes a much more intimidating form than he'd had previously. Casting a gaze over the dragon now standing next to him, Nathan's brow rises beneath the wide brim of his hat, and he gives a low whistle, checking himself in his mirror one more time - just in case - before stowing it away. "Well, that's quite the impressive show there!", he exclaims, his voice jovial. Continuing with a laugh, he says, "You're still welcome to come to the party, of course, so long as you take care not to wreck the place - at least, no more than I do!"

Cute and Evil
2010-10-31, 06:25 PM
In all the abundance Nathan showed, Juliana was reserved. Sure, she was happy about the significant increase in power, delighted even, she could now do her job better still. But there was something missing, the feeling that she knew what to do. Previously, she had always known what to do, be it flee a place in search of something better, protect the helpless in situations of danger, or even lash out violently against the evil. But now, she had no idea, she knew she had to protect what she held dear, life and the enjoyment of it, but she didn't know where to start. There were so many things to do, so many things to improve, protect, cleanse of evil, too many to think clearly.

Instead of thinking about this, she smiled a little at the irony of the situation, the first time she told anyone about her doubt of the gods, and they abduct her to go on vacation. Like they didn't know before, as if there had to be witnesses when she disappeared. No matter, she was a divine being now, she had bigger things to worry about, like not blowing up the place on your first day. After some quiet thoughts to herself, Juliana tightened the hilt-belt she had already loosened and walked up to the abundantly joyful Nathan, smiling mischievously. "Though I would very much enjoy having a little fun, I'm not planning to blow up the place we were just made to watch over. And I reckon the four of us will be stuck in this position a while, so I best introduce myself. I'm Juliana Erythis, sometimes I go by Goldblade, which I guess could be literal now."

That's some character development for you. :smalltongue:

I have neither knowledge. I'll take 10 on both other checks for Listen 23, and Int 14, this is not much her forte, as you can see.

Quietus
2010-10-31, 08:51 PM
"Nathan Fillipe, swashbuckler, hedonist, and all around braggart, at your service.", Nathan says, bowing deeply and accenting it with a sweep of his hat. The wide grin set upon his lips comes easily to him, and is as welcoming as it might possibly be. Perhaps a bit TOO welcoming, as he proves entirely willing to invade Juliana's personal space, sidling up beside her and slipping a hand about her waist. "And I do mean at your service.. you wouldn't happen to be the new Goddess of fertility, would you? If not, would you like to be?", he asks, waggling his eyebrows, though his perpetual grin makes it easy to imagine that he's just joking around.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-01, 04:50 AM
Juliana was a little annoyed by his immediate take to flirting, but he freely introduced himself as hedonist, so she really couldn't expect anything else. With a gentle but firm hand, she removed Nathan's hand from around her waist, and took a step back to begin a mock-smile. "Well, to show your service, you can start by finding out where we are, as I have no idea myself." She then deliberately turns away from the hedonist, and showed that her introducing herself isn't very special, as she walked up to the only remaining god that hasn't yet received any attention. "As you might have heard, I'm Juliana. Since we're all gods now I guess we should better get along, right?"

Quietus
2010-11-01, 07:22 AM
"Hm? Sure, that should be easy enough.", Nathan says, apparently none put off by being shot down - for all his over the top zeal, he seems perfectly willing to accept her lack of interest, for the moment at least. While she introduces herself to the others, Nathan gazes around at his surroundings - if his six-mile-sight kicks in, that will certainly get his attention, and probably make his job easier. Otherwise, he tries to get an idea of where they are by gauging the lay of the land, seeking out landmarks, unique buildings, anything that might give a clue to where they'd ended up. If he can narrow that down or get an appropriate location, he freely shares that information with the group.

Knowledge check to get an idea of our location : (Local, nature, geography.. anything, really, this is an untrained skill check, treated as trained due to Jack of all Trades). [roll0]

Volthawk
2010-11-01, 11:38 AM
Dathrek finally acknowledges the others, and says "I suppose we should. Just don't get in my way, and we'll be fine."

Cute and Evil
2010-11-01, 05:10 PM
Juliana is slightly infuriated by the man that now resembled a dragon in a lot of ways, especially because of his assumed superiority over the rest of them, but said nothing of it. Instead, she decided to keep her diplomatic face up a little longer. "We best hope you don't get into mine either then." Doing her best to ignore the horrible first impression, she walked up to the dragon-man, and stuck out her strong hand in introduction. "Clearly I'm the one introducing myself first, but I guess you all know by now that my name is Juliana. May I have the pleasure of knowing yours? Or is that being 'in your way'?" Though she was overall very nice, she couldn't help but have a slightly negative tone in her voice near the end.

I'm not a fan of one-line posts, volthawk, and just what he says is a little disabling for interaction-RP. :smallwink:

Volthawk
2010-11-01, 05:17 PM
Dathrek grins, and takes her hand. "Darthrek. I'm sure we can get along well. I just like to set the boundaries first. It usually helps. Pleased to meet you. Glad to see you're not a pushover." He sighs, and surveys the rest of the gods. "So it's us four in control, then."

Quietus
2010-11-01, 05:39 PM
"So it would seem. Should be interesting, I think.. if nothing else, the change in deities ought to make for an interesting situation around the world. I can't help but wonder, what's happened to the clerics that worship the old gods? And as far as boundaries go, you don't need to worry about mine for the most part - keep away from the random murdering and general douchery and we'll get along just fine.", Nathan says, eyeing Darthrek. Like Juliana, he isn't particularly fond of the dragon's first impression, but he resolves to give him a chance to show otherwise.

"Personally, I'd love to give these new powers a test run. Find out just what we're capable of, so I know what I can reasonably expect to be able to do. I happen to know of a demon that could use some pretty serious smiting, and I wouldn't mind going a few rounds with it now that we're on somewhat more equal footing." Nathan smirks, clearly amused at the thought of ending that particular threat - he seems to remember something about demons that die on the material plane reforming back on their home plane, and wouldn't mind putting a permanent end to its existence.

Mangles
2010-11-02, 03:55 AM
"Ummmm...Hi...I'm Sam." A plain man stands before you. In farming leathers and a wide brim hat he looks unimpressive. He is hunched slightly and his wide eyes betray that he awed by his companions. "I'm a good farmer and cook if that helps at all."

Quietus
2010-11-02, 07:48 AM
"Nothing wrong with farming and cooking. Without good farmers, we couldn't have good food, after all, and nothing beats a delicious meal! Well, almost nothing..", Nathan says, giving Sam a conspiratorial wink and nudge. "But do give yourself credit, Sam. No matter what we might have been before, we're gods now. You aren't just a farmer and cook any more... we have Phenomenal Cosmic Power! We could reshape this world any way we wished.. our whims are made manifest, to twist reality any way we want. Think about it, a delicious meal laid out before you, a bottle of the finest wine, women hanging off of your every word.. what am I talking about, that's every day for me!", he laughs, in such a way as to make it unclear if he's serious or not.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 02:12 PM
Quietus Knowledge:
You can feel something draining you, almost tingly. You knowledge success tells you it is divine casters drawing strength from you.

Other checks:

You are in Arlon, a city-state on the southern continent of Tarrein. Judging by the barn-like nature of the building you are in the rural "corn streets", where literally 40% of the world's veggies come from.

Quietus & Volt Listen:
You hear a dull murmur in the back of your mind, it's unintelligible but it won't go away.

Wut nao?

Volthawk
2010-11-02, 02:23 PM
"You people hear that noise? It's getting annoying. Murmuring."

Dathrek shakes his head. This was a time for focus. He then walks through the door the prismatic energy came from, turning invisible as he crosses through it.

"Time to have a look around."

Using Walk Unseen.

Quietus
2010-11-02, 02:50 PM
"My guess is that they're prayers.", Nathan says, tilting his head slightly. Pulling on some of his new powers, he uses his Power of Luck ability on himself, hoping that it will let him latch onto exactly what he's looking for, and listens more carefully, trying to snag exactly one of the murmuring voices in his head, in the hopes that it might give him some insight as to why they're receiving prayers already, or if specific gods' prayers have been re-directed to the four of them, now.

Listen : [roll0]
Reroll if the first doesn't do it [roll1]
((Edit : Holy crap, what the hell? Oh well, if those don't do it, Nathan will shrug and not care till it matters. Also, those are both 3 higher due to Darthrek's auras. I think. I'm assuming he's designated us as allies, anyway?))

While he listens to the voices in his head, he tells the others, "Seems like we're already serving to fuel divine casters. Odd, since we haven't even announced ourselves as the new gods. Probably a good thing, though - I wouldn't want to see the Good clerics that were working to improve the world suddenly be stuck without power. Then again, might be nice to see power stripped from the Evil ones. Wait, where're you headed off to?", he asks, his eyes following the dragon as he wanders off.

((Does True Sight reveal your Walk Unseen business? I'm not entirely up on Warlock invocations.))

Volthawk
2010-11-02, 02:55 PM
[spoiler]
Yeah, it does. Walk Unseen is Invisibility.
[spoiler]

"Finding out where we are, who we are with, what the people think. That kind of stuff. Want to come with me?"

Dathrek stops for a second and turns around.

"Worshippers? Perhaps their worship just switched to the one closest to their old god. Alright then, I need to get back to the lair, then. Time to see how my tribe is doing."

Quietus
2010-11-02, 03:08 PM
"That's a possibility. Oh yeah! We're in Arlon, on the southern continent. Down by where they make damn near all of the food for everyone else.", Ivan says. "You're probably right, too.. means I've probably got a lot of Ollidamarra's worshipers, then. You've probably got Bahamut's.. or Tiamat's? Or both? What say you, Dragon-man?" Nathan's voice alters as he asks that last, as if mocking a dramatic moment, only exaggerated by his shifty eyes, but offset by his amused grin.

For the first time that you guys have seen, however, Nathan's grin fades to seriousness as he considers his next course of action; Being a God promised to be endlessly entertaining, but he did intend to prove that he knew better than the old Gods how to put Evil in its place. "As to what people think, probably not much just yet, since we haven't announced ourselves. Could do that, I guess, but.. I'd like to hit the Abyss, if I could, figure out where that demon's gone to and make sure it doesn't come back here any time soon. Guess that doesn't have to be immediate, he'll probably be down there for a while, but I don't want to give him too long to get his plots running again before I end him, permanently."

Cute and Evil
2010-11-02, 04:18 PM
Still noticeably disgruntled by the fact she has no clue what to do yet, she clung onto the only good idea she'd heard thus far. "I'm not sure we'll want to make an entrance, as we'd scare the mortals witless. Demons, on the other hand, would definitely be the kind of beings that can now be exterminated just that much easier." Juliana moved closer to the door as she said this, but paused a little bit. Feeling inside her about what the new powers actually entailed, she was surprised and satisfied by the result.

How about we start by leaving the mortal plane, I suggest we descend to the Abbys and deal with this Demon problem you speak of Nathan, then figure out what else can be done. Or needs to be done, as the case may be." Though Juliana wasn't a genius, she was definitely no fool either, and knew that there came responsibilities with power like this, great responsibility, the likes of which she never knew of before, so she probably needed some time to adjust.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-02, 04:23 PM
((@C&E: Generally if you're going after Demons you want the Abyss, not Hell. Just fyi :smallwink:))

Cute and Evil
2010-11-02, 04:55 PM
I probably noticed that the same moment you did, as I edited it when you were posting. :smallwink:

But what of it? Are we going there now? :smallamused:

Quietus
2010-11-02, 09:03 PM
"Good to have you on board.", Nathan says, clapping a hand on Juliana's shoulder - as he does so, she can feel his Power of Luck ability flow through her, a feeling almost like everything is bound to go her way today, no matter what she tries. "Of course, the first step is to figure out exactly WHICH part of the abyss it's at. I could brute force it, use these fancy new abilities of mine to try and open a Scrying window, but that'd give him a warning, and isn't a guaranteed thing, either. I could try and teleport him here, I know his True Name, but I'm honestly not sure if it works that way, and I don't have a whole lot of access to teleportation magic. Which is kind of amusing, I seem to have ended up with the Magic schtick, and I'm.. well, I wasn't all that well-versed in spells. Thanks Boccob, I appreciate that.", his tone clearly sarcastic and hoping that the previous deity of Magic can hear him.

Looking toward Sam, and Darthrek if he hasn't left yet, he asks, "Well, how about you guys? How would you feel about a little Demon hunting? The one we're after led an army to try and wreck a whole lot of Elves, I say we bring the fight back to him and make him regret it."

Mangles
2010-11-03, 05:57 AM
"I dunno. Sounds kinda dangerous. If we are all going though I'll come though, but demons. I don't even know how to fight a demon." Sam wrings his hands.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-03, 06:07 AM
Juliana, though she wasn't accustomed to fighting demons either, she was accustomed to protecting people, so she immediately assumed the role Sam presented to her. She let go of Nathan, using a little more strength than strictly necessary, and walked up to sam, cautious not to be in his personal space. "We will need all the deific help we can get, as the Abbys houses a variety of evil demons, and if you're unsure of yourself, I will gladly take upon me the role of taking care of you, should you need the help."

This works very well for Juliana, and it might get Sam on board as well, which is always nice. Plus, it allows me to use a host of Knight Protector Class abilities, with that and Mass Heal and Regenerate as at-will SLA's (Life Domain) you'll be fine. :smallbiggrin:

Mangles
2010-11-03, 06:29 AM
"Well if we are all going. I guess I should start to learn how to deal with these things anyway. Closest I ever came to demons was fighting a bear that walked into the farm." Sam sighs and then straightens his back and looking at Juliana in the eye. "Ok I'm in."

Quietus
2010-11-03, 08:27 AM
"Well, think about demons like big, ugly bears. They're scary business, and most of them do have spells, but - you're a God now. Gods trump demons ten times out of ten. Me, I plan to be a whole lot more active than the previous Gods, and actually do some damned good around here. Now, since no one else spoke up.. how can I do this.."

With a wave of his hand, Nathan clears a large section of earth, directing with his hands a series of lines that weave through the dirt, sketching a rough outline of a rectangle, surrounded by an ornate, twisting pattern. Kneeling down, he places a single finger on the edge of that pattern, and places a touch of divine will behind it, causing the sketch to ripple violently with the combined power of raw chaos and magic - a moment later, the rippling stops, and a beautiful, finely-wrought mirror with an elegant silver frame lays in its place.

Clearly pleased with his work, he lifts the mirror from the ground, leaning it against the side of the nearby barn. More arcane phrases slip from his lips, and with another touch of his finger, the surface of the mirror begins to ripple again, and as it does so, he speaks aloud the True Name of the demon he's attempting to find. As he does so, he focusses his will into the mirror, hoping that this slim chance will pay off, and that the demon's image will appear in the mirror's surface. Anyone watching can see that what he's doing is actually taking a toll on him; Just the act of speaking that True Name has drained a bit of energy from Nathan, nothing serious (he's taken [roll0] subdual damage), but this is hardly something that he is doing effortlessly.

Breakdown of actions here : I created a mirror with a value of 1,000 GP or more via my "create items" ability, which allows me to do so as a standard action if the object is nonmagical. In six days' time, the mirror will revert to being dirt. I'd have used my at-will PaO, but that doesn't allow me to create items of "great intrinsic value", which is needed as a Scry focus.

Then I used my Alter Reality ability (which is limited wish at will within the bounds of my portfolio; I'm hoping "scrying" falls under that as the default Magic God?) to replicate a Scrying spell, using that mirror as a focus. The DC is either 36 (10+spell level 7 + charisma 12 + spell focus "all" 1 + divine rank) or 46 (as before, but using the "Spell-like ability" DC's as set out for our at-will domains.); I've included Divine Rank here because everything else given as deities seems to apply DvR to the DC. The Demon would get a +5 bonus to their save for being on another plane, I'm hoping to negate that with the use of his True Name, which would give him a -5 on his save.

The goal of all this is simply to locate the Demon, so we know which plane of the Abyss to go to; If I can get an image of it, or can otherwise narrow it down, Knowledge : The Planes to correctly identify the plane : [roll1] or [roll2], whichever is better.

::Late edit:: As an added side thing, if you want a Craft check for the mirror, I'm adding 20 base, +6 for Power of Luck, +4 for Words of Creation, taking ten - total of 40, to create a very valuable mirror from nothing. Hopefully that's enough?

Cute and Evil
2010-11-05, 12:10 AM
Juliana saw all this with some interest, and when he was looking through the glass mirror, she walked up to stand behind him, and she immediately radiated an aura that made him feel better, that made all of them feel better. As a result of this aura, the tiniest scratch was gone. By the time she was finished, Nathan was as good as when he started the whole thing. "Can you find him? Or is it too obscure?"

Using my at-will SLA Mass Heal. :smalltongue:

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-05, 04:12 AM
The mirror seems to ripple, like a pond that a child dropped a stone into. Images come and fade at high speed. Eventually it does settle on one particular level; Sathaarn'tek, the Endless Decay. You see your Demon friend's chateau: a palatial castle seemingly made entirely of lethally sharp spires of white bone, all around it are "gardens" of blackened, dead plants and swarms of undead wander aimlessly.

Your view moves forward through the walls of the palace, your divine power overcoming his defences and the scrying sensor enters his main room where he sits on a throne of seemingly live humanoids, chained together by iron spikes through their limbs. For a moment he seems his usual smug self, but he seems to notice the scrying sensor, whether a coincidence or not he looks straights at you, his burning eyes seeming to look straight through the mirror into your fledgling divine soul. With a roar a dozen eldritch glyphs appear around his hand and immensly powerful spells fly in all directions, one of them hitting your sensor and causing your mirror to literally shatter.

----------------
You can Plane Shift right to the castle grounds, new defences prevent you going in via Teleportation. Once there you will be assailed by all kinds of undead, everything from Kobold Skeletons to Fiendish Mummies to Dragon Vampires. They aren't strong enough to harm you (too lazy to do mass combat), but make it epic all the same :smallcool:

Mangles
2010-11-05, 07:08 AM
"Just before we go, can I go grab my horse. He is a very good animal and I would like to have him along. I won't be a sec."
Sam disappears and reappears moments later with a large horse by his side.
"His name is Clyde."

greater teleport and back again

Quietus
2010-11-05, 09:19 AM
"Man, I was already starting to like that mirror.", Nathan jokes, but the look on his face tells a very different story. Seeing that demon for the second time, and the horrors of his castle - clear in the mirror for all to have seen, before the mirror burst - has caused Nathan to set his jaw, and though he's still willing to make jokes, it's clear that he sees this as not just a debt to settle with the demon, but also a way of proving that he can put these powers they were given to greater use than the Gods that came before them.

"Thank you, Juliana - it seems that becoming a God hasn't made the Words of Creation any easier to use. Still not entirely used to them, but they provide enough of a boost in a pinch to be worth using, regardless. Alright folks, grab whatever you want to bring, we're leaving this Plane soon as you're ready."

Nathan gives everyone enough time to collect anything they need, and even chuckles a little when Clyde is introduced, patting the horse on the head and promising him some carrots when they get back; there's a part of him that wonders if bringing a horse along is such a good idea, but decides that Sam wouldn't be doing so if he didn't think it could survive. Hell, for all Nathan knew, it was tied to the Farmer's divinity; at least, he hoped so. Once everyone has collected everything they need, he continues, "Okay, I'll be your navigator for this Plane Shift; Please consult your Divinity Cards, and follow the step-by-step process for shunting yourself to another plane of existence. Should there be an emergency, you're a God, applying sufficient force of will to the problem should make it go away. All personal belongings should be safely stowed in your pockets, sheaths, or other appropriate receptacles. Everybody huddle up, and please keep your arms and legs inside the circle - we're leaving in three.. two.. one!"

Once everyone has formed a circle, Nathan counts down, then uses his Plane Shift ability, doing so in tandem so that anyone who's unsure of how to reach Sathaarn'tek can follow his lead, arriving amongst the repulsive gardens surrounding the ivory-white towers of bone. Surrounded by the shambling undead, who all seem immediately attracted to the presence of creatures untouched by the oppressive realm of The Endless Decay, Nathan immediately moves, keeping his back to the group of newly-forged Gods, and begins drawing on the power newly given to him. "How do you guys feel about a little gardening to start this trip off right?", he asks, the smirk evident in his voice as ringlets of energy spiral down his arms. The force of raw magic bursts forward a moment later in a six hundred foot cone of coruscating colors, obliterating almost every undead touched - only the most powerful are capable of standing afterward, and even then, not easily. Where the bands of energy crash against the castle's ivory walls, they either eat away at the bone, sending brittle shards flying in all directions, or crash against them and leave horrible black marks anywhere the raw magical energy touches. Powerful as the blast is, however, a cone can only reach so much, and Nathan takes a moment to glance back at Juliana, Sam, and Darthrek if he accompanied them - he's completely confident that they should be able to handle themselves, but he's curious as to exactly how they would do so.

Just for laughs, to see how much *actual* damage that Mass Divine Blast did.. [roll0] to everything, including some bone wall if I can catch it, in a 600 foot cone. Oh yeah, and no save.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-05, 04:33 PM
Juliana, though surprised Nathan was capable of that kind of destruction, knew that these being were worse than any Evil she'd faced before, and that it was very necessary, and useful that he was. She smiled a little bit and held out her hands in a protective gesture, walking to be a little bit in front of Nathan, and immediately when she was done with this, all of them sensed an intangible, translucent barrier around their skin, protecting them. "That should be sufficient protection for a while." Juliana nodded satisfactorily.

After this, she took out her sword, and while she could use it very well with one hand, it was even more devastating with two, so she used two hands to slice away here and there, chopping heads, arms, legs, other limbs off of the creatures that came too close. "Are we just going in and ending the demon, or should be take care of his underlings first?" In all circumstances, she seemed to enjoy herself a little, and indeed, her nickname was rightfully granted, as she moves to slice away, her blade became a golden blur of death and destruction, a beatiful dance so deadly it became simply beautiful to watch.

Using Area Divine Shield (as many as needed, she has 9 uses /day) to encase each of them skintight in a one-way Divine Shield only blocking stuff they aren't already immune to/have resistance to, it only blocks the damage they would have otherwise gained. Besides that, she made her divine artifact armor heavy type again, rather than medium, as preparation, and cast Foresight on herself (Celestia Domain spell), then wades in the melee combat with her divine artifact blade.

Active Effects by Juliana on various people:
One-way skintight Divine Shield on everyone, ignoring only damage normally taken.
Foresight on herself
+4 Morale bonus on saves vs fear for everyone within 10ft of her.
All squares around here count as difficult terrain and +5 on tumble checks to move past her.
Overall, lots of nifty stuff to be the main tank and take all the blows. (with her AC of 90 and HP of 310 it works). She's in her element now, don't you be taking her out of it... :smallamused:

(Note, greater cleave with a 5ft step between each attempt works very well with her sword divine artifact, almost limitless slaughter in a single round. Using Power Attack for -10 to Attack [making +37/+32/+27] and +20 to damage [making 1d10+38, 11-20/Death])

Volthawk
2010-11-05, 04:42 PM
Dathrek unfurls his wings, growing in size, before taking to the air, turning invisible and just watching the others cut their way through.

Strange. These people act like they're so holy and good, yet take no time to strike out against those who oppose them. With enjoyment.

He just hovers there for some more, watching the devastation in contemplation. He then starts moving, over the hordes of opposition, into the fortress.

Let's see if I can actually get some benefit out of this.

Quietus
2010-11-05, 06:10 PM
"I figured a little warm-up would be nice, stretch a little before the real workout, so to speak. If it will be a workout, I mean.. last time I fought this guy, I didn't exactly engage in combat, more just sent him back here. Still, I doubt he's particularly pleased that we're coming down to say hi. Speaking of which, I suppose we should knock...", Nathan says, extending one hand in the direction of the tower's front door. With a motion like he was flicking it, he casts Greater Dispel Magic, attempting to dispel any unfortunate effects the demon had placed on it. There's a solid thud of magical energy as the Dispel connects, hopefully either with nothing, or draining any dangerous effects from it.

With that done, he takes a few moments to enjoy the sight of Juliana's deadly dance, hearing a tune in the back of his head, and beginning to hum it aloud. A moment later, he breaks into song in a loud, clear voice, making up words on the spot and timing the rhythm of the song to her steps. The odd thing is that parts of the song are in a language that even the ears of Deities can't quite make out, the sound of them seeming to convey a beauty beyond words. As he sings, dark bruises rise beneath his skin, far worse than when he'd merely uttered a True Name, but the benefits of his song are powerful, flooding himself, Sam, and Juliana with feelings they associate with heroes of old, from fairy tales told when they were children.

For the Dispel check, either [roll0], or if that's below 37 total, [roll1], whichever is higher. If there's more than one effect on that door, I'll take ten on all the rest of those checks - for those checks, any effect with a caster level of 26 or lower (my caster level of 15, +6 DvR, +6 Luck, plus ten.)

The other effect is Inspire Greatness on himself, Sam, and Juliana - sorry Volt, but Darthrek moved himself out of range. Each person so affected gains 6 "effective hit dice" (to try and protect against Blasphemy toolage), [roll2] temporary hit points, +6 bonus on attack rolls, and +3 on Fort saves.

And for laughs, my Perform check : [roll3]

Quietus
2010-11-05, 07:34 PM
Oh, almost forgot - using Words of Creation with Inspire Greatness hurts.

[roll0] subdual damage!

Mangles
2010-11-05, 07:58 PM
Sam empowers his horse and himself with divine luck, and stays to the rear of the group. The pair of them making short work of those stragglers or would be stalkers. Clyde's hoofs striking various undead and Sam's sickle slicing through the rest.
"So much decay. How is anything meant to grow."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-06, 08:20 AM
As Nathan orates, his performance is so evocative that on the material Plane 35 clerics newly under his jurisdiction collapse in fits of ecstasy, unable to contain ther joy as the words echo into their minds.

The door dies, and on the other side is a 45ft high zombie, made entirely of smaller humanoid zombies bound together into a larger humanoid shape by black energy. It lashes out and smashes the crap out of all three of you, pummelling you into the ground.

--------------------
42 damage each.
--------------------

Dakreth avoids this fate as he rises over the palace. You see what is essentially a forest of spires and towers, the spires are deadly sharp, more finally honed than any mortal weapon you've ever even imagined before. You are greeted by a zombified wyvern, except it is as big as you and has 30 heads, all of which unleash crackling blackness from their mouths at you simultaneously.

----------------------
74 damage.

Quietus
2010-11-06, 08:59 AM
((Oh dear - is that before or after our deific DR? And do I get my 56% miss chance? This could be entertaining!))

On the appearance of the massive zombie, Nathan's song shifts somewhat, keeping its previous tone of heroism, but clearly identifying the four newly appointed Gods as the heroes in those tales, pulling on primal instincts to bring a profound sense of courage forward in each of them. It is perhaps odd, however, as through the strange language he uses, he seems to be describing a speed to them that isn't strictly true - until Juliana, Sam, and himself feel that speed flood through them, their reflexes honed even further than their deific powers might have already provided.

[roll0] additional subdual for Nathan, for using Words of Creation-fuelled Inspire Courage. Sorry C&E, but that'll overwrite your morale bonus to saves, for the next five minutes. Also, if I get my miss chance vs. that attack, 43 or lower on [roll1] will hit - I have the Divine Dodge salient ability, allowing me to dodge with a witty quip by simply "not being there" for an instant. It's effectively a superpowered blink spell that doesn't interfere with anything I do.

Current buffs provided :
To Everyone :
Inspire Courage, on all allies within something like six miles. +9 morale bonus on attack, damage, and saves vs. fear.

To Sam, Juliana, and Nathan :
Inspire Greatness : +6 competence bonus on attack rolls, +3 competence on fort saves, and 35 temp HP that may have just been eaten through
Haste spell : +1 attack, +1 dodge to AC and reflex saves, along with an extra attack on full attacks, for 15 rounds - sorry Volt, but the range limitation on this, and the fact that you're flying, means I couldn't reach you with it

Net effect for Sam, Juliana and Nathan is +16 to attack, +3 fort, +9 damage, +1 AC and reflex, and an extra attack on a full attack... plus Power of Luck adding another 6 to all attacks, saves, skills, and checks.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-06, 11:13 AM
Juliana, though she felt strangely smug about her combat ability against the lesser undead beings, she saw this giant undead composed of smaller zombies, and immediately took it upon herself to be the one to take all the blows. Before she did this, however, she radiated the same aura as she did when Nathan had watched in the mirror, and the three of them instantly feel a lot better again. She then proceeded to step forward, trying to step between her allies and the zombie, attacking the moment she was near enough to attack.

"Don't worry about him, we can handle this, we're gods now!" Getting a little giddy off the fact that they were indeed gods, Juliana entered a meditative state that made all the chaos of battle in her mind move to the background. Fear and pain ebb away as she focuses solely on defeating her enemy. Her body and mind became one in this state, allowing her to overcome mundane physical limits. If anyone can see her face in this state, it's not so much serious as determined beyond doubt to devoted to her enemy's defeat.

If the 42 damage is after our deific DR, it's negated by Juliana's Divine Shield, which then can negate another 18 damage.

Alright, so on the first hit against the monstrosity, Juliana enters Combat Focus, lasting 15 rounds. Also, Dodge vs the biggy. Fighting Challenge against him would be useless as it's also Morale and it doesn't stack, but Test of Mettle is still viable, DC21 Will Save or Attack only Juliana for 14 rounds. But of course, his int is below 5, so then nevermind. :smalltongue:

Benefits of Combat Focus: +4 on will saves, +8 to resist bull-rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, and trip, Fast Healing 4, Know all adjacent creatures' current HP, Blindsight 5ft, on the 15th round of the Focus, Juliana will expend it as a swift action to gain another +6 on both attack and damage. Overall, neat stuff. the fast healing 4 is overruled by her Divine Fast Healing (26).

In the end, Juliana has AC94, and attacks with power attack (transferring 10) for a total of +53/+53/+48/+43 each round, with Damage 1d10+2d6+47 (11-20/Death) on each attack. (the +2d6 is because it's Evil)
Taking 10 on the first attack roll, if it misses the rest are rolled, then next turn the Power Attack reduced to 5. Take 10 on first attack roll again, if that misses, then next turn the Power Attack reduced to 0. Take 10 on first attack roll again, if that misses, roll the rest.

Volthawk
2010-11-06, 11:57 AM
Dakreth takes the blast, starting to heal the injury almost immediately and glides past the wyvern.

Impressive. The ability to see invisible things on a mere zombie. But still, this is strange. I don't recognise this. Wyverns shouldn't have that many heads, or breathe any kind of energy.

He then focuses, and waves a claw towards the wyvern, and a blast of energy strikes it.

Divine Blast: [roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-06, 12:00 PM
It evaporates under the force of your blast.

Mangles
2010-11-07, 05:44 AM
Sam stands from smash and yells a battle cry "You hurt my best horse." of sorts. "May your feet blister and welt forever." He gathers himself, mounts Clyde and brings down his divine wrath, damming the many feet that make up the beast and compounding the abominations bad luck.

casting footsore and mounting Clyde. Hopefully this will work on undead but who knows. Certainly not poor old sam.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-08, 09:12 AM
The zombies making up the big guy's feet scream and turn to dust, it looking very confuesd as this happens. (it works).

Quietus
2010-11-08, 11:05 AM
Seeing an opportunity, Nathan moves quickly, leaping forward and over the monstrosity, spinning gracefully midair and giving his companions a conspiratorial wink as he sails, upside-down, over the creature's shoulder. As he does so, his hand brushes against one of the many corpses, and a burst of magical energy floods from his hand, crackling and arcing in multiple colors across the many corpses that make up its body.

If the magic takes, and has the effect Nathan is hoping for, the creature will be turned to stone, and be unable to move. Peering out from beside the freshly-built statue, Nathan tips his hat, and leans against what used to be its leg, saying, "Don't worry, not everyone who gets stoned with me ends up like this. Usually it's much safer, and a lot more fun!"

Half speed flight = 150 foot perfect move speed, adding 25 to all tumble checks to auto-pass the check to move through its space.

The spell effect is Polymorph Any Object, cast as an at-will domain based SLA, DC of 20+8+12+6 = 46. The creature has a -6 to this save, because it attacked me and is thus subject to a free use of my Power of Luck, effectively making the Fortitude DC 52, and (assuming it's subject to it) will need to make two saves, taking the lower result, thanks to Nathan's hat. The PaO effect is duplicating Flesh To Stone, and can affect objects due to PaO having the necessary object tag.

Basically, Two fort saves at -6 vs. DC 46 or turn to stone.

Volthawk
2010-11-08, 02:19 PM
Dathrek hovers some more, watching, his injuries quickly fixing themselves, he then continues onto the palace in silence invisibly.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-11, 11:47 AM
The creature bellows before turning to sludge and drowning the corpses of its undead "comrades".

Beyond it there is an entrance hall, intricate and spectacular to look at in a horrifying sort of way. There are half a dozen lanterns that give pale white light, casting frightening shadows in every direction. If you listen carefully you can hear anguished screams coming from the lights.

Beyond the hall there is a hallway bearing 3 gargantuan hydra skeletons.

------------------------------

Dathrek weaves between the deadly spires with far more agility than he could previously have imagined possible (some of them are as little as 3 inches apart) into a window which leads to the middle of the roof of the same hallway the others just entered (there were a few vampires patrolling the tunnels he took, but they were easily dealt with).

Quietus
2010-11-11, 12:26 PM
Nathan's fingers weave slowly through the air, sparks of that same multicolored energy he'd released previously following their movements, dripping into the air, and flickering brightly for a few moments before dying out. A grin spreads over his face, and he can see in his mind's eye the destruction he could bring about if he allowed the energy loose, but that wouldn't be very fair, now would it? As his hand clasps around the grip of his rapier, the energy that had been dripping from his fingers previously dances down the length of the blade with a low hum and a flash of multicolored light, as the blade is touched by his divine power. With one raised eyebrow, he allows his Divine Aura to burst forth, filling all four of them with a powerful sense of Resolve. Without stepping any nearer to the massive hydra skeletons, he slashes his rapier through the air, and even at distance, he can see the results of the attack, as a section of the skeleton bursts into small shards of bone. Chuckling, Nathan comments, "Neat trick - I'll have to see what else I can pull out of my hat, wouldn't you agree?", as he claps Juliana on the shoulder. As he does so, she can feel a magical bond form between the two of them, a linking of fate as it relates to combat.

Attack roll of [roll0], for [roll1] damage - it carries ghost touch, holy, anarchic, and epic qualities. Merciful is inactive for this attack. Holy is included in the damage roll above, Anarchic is not.

Buff update :
Everyone - Inspire Courage (+9 Morale attack/damage/saves vs fear), Divine Aura of Resolve (+4 Morale to saves and skill checks - it also adds to attack, but this is overridden by IC)

Net effect for Sam, Juliana and Nathan is 35 temporary HP (still there, since the Divine Shield hasn't been broken yet), +16 to attack, +4 to all saves, +3 fort (stacks with the +4), +9 damage, +4 to all checks, +1 AC and reflex, and an extra Haste attack on a full attack... plus Power of Luck adding another 6 to all attacks, saves, skills, and checks. This is from Inspire Greatness and Haste added to what everyone has.

Also, swift action is to cast Blade Brothers, linking Juliana and Nathan - it breaks if she's unwilling, but if it takes, it lasts for 15 minutes, and at any one point allows us both to make a save when only one of us is subjected to one. If either of us pass, it's considered a pass, and if we both fail, we both take the effects, even if it normally wouldn't hit both people. Kind of an "OH CRAP" button.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-11, 12:49 PM
Juliana eyes the skeletons with a certain degree of caution, because even though she was an even more formidable warrior than before, they were still really big, hydras, and skeletons. Not scared though, she's cautious as she steps forward. "Stay behind me, they won't get past as long as I'm still here." As if that might not be enough to reassure her companions, Juliana added, "which I'm confident will be long after they're destroyed." She added the last part as she turned back to the trio of skeletons in front of them, turning the broad of her blade slightly aimed at the middle one.

When Nathan once again boosted their ability, she felt pleasantly more at ease, and as he clapped his hand on her shoulder, the shoulder did not give way and stayed firmly in place, a side-effect of the densely packed muscle mass. While already confident, she felt positively smug now, now that virtually nothing could harm them enough to be substantial. "Advance slowly, but without stopping. It's three on three, how about we get one each?"

If it matters, Shield Block (shield bonus to AC increase by 1) and Dodge on the middle one. Again, she get combat focus once she hits one of them, lasting 15 rounds.

Combat Focus: +4 on will saves, +8 to resist bull-rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, and trip, (Fast Healing 4), Know all adjacent creatures' current HP, Blindsight 5ft. +6 on Attack and Damage on round 15 of the focus, ending it immediately.

Mods of Attacking: Attack with power attack (transferring 10) for a total of +53/+53/+48/+43 each round, with Damage 1d10+2d6+47 (11-20/Death) on each attack. (the +2d6 is because they're Evil)
Routine: Taking 10 on the first attack roll, if it misses the rest are rolled, then next turn the Power Attack reduced to 5. Take 10 on first attack roll again, if that misses, then next turn the Power Attack reduced to 0. Take 10 on first attack roll again, if that misses, roll the rest. AC94, 96 against the middle one.

Quietus
2010-11-11, 03:03 PM
"Sounds fair to me. I didn't think you'd want me ruining your fun too quickly, and besides, this ought to be interesting..", Nathan replies, dropping into a combat stance that anyone who's got combat experience can tell leaves him several places that he's open for attack - and anyone who's specialized in combat, might notice that he's also, subtly, prepared to counterattack.

((Dropping into Karmic Strike mode, forgot to do so in my original post - AC drops to 73, but any creature that hits Nathan receives an attack of opportunity for their troubles. Attack roll 80, and assuming 3 on all d6's, 3d6+40 = 49 damage. He can make 8 such AoO's each round.))

Volthawk
2010-11-11, 03:10 PM
Dathrek sees the other gods, and shouts down. "Hey, you don't need to fight through it, you know!" He then glides over the hydra's heads, waving a claw over at one of the hydras, making it disappear. HE then heads to the end of the hall.

Using Maze on one of the hyrdas.

Quietus
2010-11-12, 09:38 PM
With a wide grin, Nathan remains set in his stance, shouting back, "Now, where would the fun be in that?", clearly unconcerned - a part of him is surprised that this demon can put up any amount of defense at all, but what the hell, they're Gods, after all. Besides, as his carefree attitude suggests, he's enjoying testing these new abilities, in part to see just what he's capable of now, and in equal part to ensure that if he employs them among mortal company, he doesn't accidentally hurt someone.

Volthawk
2010-11-13, 04:44 AM
Dathrek turns around, flying backwards for a while.

"And you're the Good gods?"

Cute and Evil
2010-11-13, 06:41 AM
Juliana, though not prone to reacting to insults, did react to this remark. "Yes. Yes, we are. We are doing a definitely Good act ridding the planescape of this Demon and his decidedly Evil minions, and we're not even actually ending a life other than his so far. Besides, if you think we're not the Good Gods, would you consider yourself the Good God then, what have you ever done? 'Don't get in my way' remember that?" Though not saying this in an overly hostile way, Juliana seemed to be distracted from the fight momentarily, looked Darthrek straight in his eye, mentally trying to break through his arrogance.

As if her words weren't clear enough, Juliana now had her sword lowered, standing still amidst the battle, and while still looking at the humanoid dragon Darthrek, she lashed out with her arm, her body otherwise unmoving, and beheaded one of the ever-present zombies without so much as backward glance. In response, the zombie in question slumped to the ground, his body dissipating completely.

I'm not sure if there are ever-present zombies around, but it fit RP-wise, so I rolled with it. :smalltongue:

Mangles
2010-11-13, 07:01 PM
"I'm in agreeance with Dathrek. This is not mine to reap and I'd rather get to the point."

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-14, 05:00 AM
Nathen's attacks slice through the Hydra's decapitating a few heads each, and a few more as they unleash crackling black breath weapons and he counters.

Juliana finishes them off one of them with a crushing blow before Dathrek absorbs the other two (and a bunch of zombies besides) into his spell.

-----------------
There are always zombies/skeletons/misc. undead around. He has a lot.

Quietus
2010-11-14, 09:05 AM
"Damn right we're the Good gods - and these undead are abominations, affronts to life itself. Unholy creatures powered by vile magics.. but if this is below you, oh great Darthrek, master of his own domain..", Nathan says, his words dripping with sarcasm. Pushing off the ground with one foot, he zips past the flying dragon, his speed enhanced by the earlier Haste spell. Once he has a half-decent lead on the party, he comes to a halt, raising his voice to Deific levels and ensuring he can be heard throughout the whole castle.

"Uhuriel, Decaying Lord of Sathaarn'tek! My friend is growing bored of fighting your endless minions, and really, they aren't posing me much challenge, either! Show yourself, or I'll take down your entire castle and force you out of hiding!" Nathan's voice is clear and demanding, and the force of it sends minor shudders through the castle itself.

Sorry if I stepped on toes with giving the demon a name; If you had something else in mind, I'll go ahead and edit it.

As to the demand, if you want some kind of skill check, the lowest applicable Charisma-based skill I could see for that is Intimidate. Taking ten on the roll gives me a total of 50; Diplomacy and Bluff would both be higher than that.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-16, 11:37 AM
One of the random zombies glows black and raises off the ground. The voice that comes from it is laced with pure evil.

"As funny as that would be, I've put quite a lot of work into amassing these fellows and I'd prefer to have a few left after I'm done with you. Very well, step forth."

With that the zombie bursts and a black portal appears leading into an impossibly horrific throne room. The walls are literally made of still writhing and screaming people cemented together with blood. The floor is black glass with what seem to be ghosts flowing along just beneath the surface shrieking, and the throne is made from the skeleton of a titanic Gold Dragon. Sat on it is your target, smiling:
http://nose4news.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/devil.jpg

-----------------------
You all get a turn first if you go through.

Keep track of everything now. Any damage you take is after DR etc.

Quietus
2010-11-16, 01:03 PM
"Happy now?", Nathan asks, smirking at Darthrek - who, despite the apparent differences between them, feels the touch of magic as a fresh Haste spell rushes through everyone, including the dragon this time. And then Nathan is gone, using his much-higher fly speed and zooming through the portal before the others do. A bit reckless, perhaps, but his companions can feel the threads of magic warping around him even before he bursts through the portal, which wavers slightly with his passing.

Once on the other side, and safely away from where he can affect the others, he spreads his arms wide, threads of barely-visible magic weaving themselves around him. With a thunderous clap, the cat's-cradle of magical threads pulls itself taut around the demon, slicing through any magical effects he might have had on himself, and hopefully eliminating any magical defenses that might have been set up prior to their arrival.

Haste is cast as a swift action, before moving. Then sailing through the portal using my 330 foot fly speed (300 base + haste), and remaining just off the floor. Casting Disjunction (SLA at will, Magic domain), if I can catch Uhuriel in the 40-foot radius burst without hitting the portal. Disjunction doesn't affect me, but it affects everything else in its radius.

If I can't do so without hitting the portal, I'll drop a targeted Greater Dispel on him, and take ten on my caster level checks for 41 across the board (15+6 DvR +6 luck +4 divine aura) , dispelling any effect CL 30 or lower. If that fails, I'll use my Luck domain power (not my hat) to reroll the first, then roll the rest of them regularly. If that's the case, feel free to roll them for me, I make Greater Dispel checks at 1d20+31.

If Uhuriel is subject to Nathan's Divine Aura, he gets a Will save vs. DC.. only 28? Really? Wow, my spells are better than that.. or take -4 to attack rolls, saves, and checks as a mind-affecting effect. Also, the moment he targets me (or Sam, since Sam mentioned he had Power of Luck), he's subject to our Salient Ability and takes a -6 Luck penalty on the same, no save.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-16, 05:29 PM
After the Demon speaks through one of the Zombies, Juliana, though sure of herself now that she's a God, can't feel a little demoralized by the Demon's confidence. Though she recovers quickly and follows Nathan through the portal, but not before making a wish for increased strength, not to anything or anyone in particular, but simply hoping and wishing for more strength forevermore. She then entered through the portal as well, immediately placing herself before the others, pointing her sword directly at the Demon.

"So you're the one I've been hearing about. Well, I say we dance a little, you and me, nobody else. If I win and you die, this whole place will be blown up, if you win, well, you won't." She finished this with a wicked, righteous smile, and proceeded to grip the sword with both her hands, placing the broad of the blade between her and the demon.

Using my Wish for the day to increase my Str score by 1, boosting it to 36 for another +1 to all str checks and such, useful all around. Then when she enters the portal, Test of Mettle against the Demon and any other opponents there might be (assuming their CR is 13+, they have Int 5+, and a language of some sort), DC21 or they must make an action that qualifies as 'attacking' and Juliana must be a target of said ability (be it the useless entangle with her in the AoE, or a melee/ranged attack against her personally), for all of 14 rounds, pretty much as long as her Cobat Focus works, if she hits the first round.

Is this going to be round-by-round combat, or post-your-actions-and-resolve combat?
Anyway, Init +9, AC95 vs the Demon, 94 for all others.

Mangles
2010-11-17, 01:28 AM
Sam follows Juliana's lead, channeling his godly powers into his horse instead of himself. He rides Clyde through the portal although the horse seems reluctant to go.

granting Clyde a +1 to Con

Volthawk
2010-11-18, 02:19 PM
Darthrek shrinks to a tiny size. flitting through the portal. He doesn't attack first of all, just looking around the new area.

Becoming Fine:
-10 Str, +8 Dex, -2 Con
+8 AC/Attack

Taking 10 on all checks:
Spot: 43
Listen: 43
Knowledge (arcana) (if applicable): 45
All other Knowledges: 27

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-21, 05:13 PM
"well this should be fun."

With that the Demon snaps his fingers and the skeletal throne moves, bones groaning as it rises, the Demon floating inside it's enormous ribcage.

--------------------
Everyone makes a DC31 Will Save. If you fail you act as a Turned Undead for [roll0] rounds.

Volthawk
2010-11-21, 05:14 PM
Taking 10 on it, so 38.

Quietus
2010-11-21, 05:18 PM
((I add 35, and can't fail on a 1. For argument's sake, however : [roll0], +4 if this isn't a fear effect, or +9 if Inspire Courage applies.

As an aside, for the benefit of others - Power of Luck applies for +6, and if this counts as a Fear effect, +9 from Inspire Courage. If it doesn't, then it's +4 from Nathan's Divine Aura, so at minimum we're all looking at a +10 bonus.))

Mangles
2010-11-21, 05:40 PM
Sam shudders at the horror but otherwise doesn't fall back

[roll0]

Cute and Evil
2010-11-21, 10:03 PM
Juliana, though she sees the horrors in front of her would stifle a lesser foe, she is unimpressed and just stands, impassive to the Demon's sicked attempts to do them harm.

With all those crazy buffs, and her own base save, Juliana's got +44 on will saves, taking 10 will succeed automatically, can't fail on a 1, so success either way.

Quietus
2010-11-22, 08:33 AM
With a raised brow and an easy smirk, Nathan glances around at his fellows, feeling the fell energies wash over them, and leave them unmoved. "Yes, it should, shouldn't it?", he asks, his sword flicking in rapid motions before him, drawing sparkling lines in the air - matched with identical lines striking Uhuriel, despite the distance between them. "As the Lord of Sathaarn'tek, you must have known this day would come.. here, nothing is permanent, is that not true? Even you, and your power over this place, would fade in time... and you began the last chapters of your life when you attacked that Elven village. Now it's time to meet your end, Demon!"

While he speaks, Nathan's free hand reaches over, brushing across Sam's shoulder, and tying the same connection between himself and the mounted man as the one he'd formed with Juliana - a sense of twined fate, of fighting together against a common foe.

Three iteratives, plus Haste, and a swift action spell - spell is Blade Brothers, which as noted before gives us the ability to basically share saving throws once at any point during the next 15 minutes, in case one of us fails our save badly the other can make a save for them. If both fail, however, we are both subject to the effect, even if it didn't target both of us in the first place.

Attacks (Merciful inactive, assuming Holy and Evil Outsider Bane apply) :
[roll0] for [roll1] damage
[roll2] for [roll3] damage
[roll4] for [roll5] damage
[roll6] for [roll7] damage

Quietus
2010-11-22, 08:35 AM
Critical threats on attacks 2 and 4 : [roll0] and [roll1] to confirm. Saving rerolls for saves and such.

Mangles
2010-11-22, 05:06 PM
"This should slow his travels." Sam's divine grace targeting the demons feet.

Cute and Evil
2010-11-24, 04:58 PM
"Fun while it lasts, indeed. Sadly, it won't last long, your death is too near for that." Juliana's voice turned grave right then, and her eyes locked on the demon, closing off absolutely everything else. She simply walked up to him, jumped up and sliced her sword at his head, aiming to chop it off and kill him in that very instant.

Move to threaten him, Standard to attack, hoping to use the enhanced Vorpal sword thingy. No power attack, this is purely off of accuracy and sharpness of the sword.
[roll0] if total is 75 and above, crit/death threat. (do tell me how you managed to get +72 for Nathan Quietus. :smallconfused:)
[roll1] if the above is 75 and above (and hits), and this hits, he's dead... :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-25, 05:42 AM
Nathan's attacks shatter bone after bone off the dragon's skeleton, but being a skeleton it doesn't seem to notice, even when Sam disintegrates it's feet, the Dragon instinctively raising off the ground on it's blackened bone wings.

Juliana's attack however it cannot ignore and (despite aiming for the Demon) she is warped in front of the beast and it's head comes off. However it still remains in the air for the moment.

Volthawk
2010-11-25, 10:46 AM
Darthrek flies swiftly towards the demon, still the size of sand, heading for it's mouth.

Why am I doing this, again? Oh yes, the spoils.

Kobold-Bard
2010-11-30, 01:17 PM
Darthrek succeeds in naviating the demon's many sets of gnashing teeth and reaches his throat before he starts to drown in wicked saliva.

-------------------------
Make a Fort Save every round you're inside the demon; DC54 or lose 1/2 your current HP.

Volthawk
2010-12-01, 02:24 PM
Dathrek grimaces at the bile, then starts to expand as much as he can.

This is crazy. And painful. But still strangely fun.

Fort: [roll0] If the bonuses to Con from going Colossal apply, I'll take 10 for 63.

Changing size to as large as possible (rules say up 1600 feet tall)

Kobold-Bard
2010-12-02, 09:01 AM
The headless, footless Dragon skeleton flaps it's skeletal wings, consuming the room in razor-like gusts.

The Demon reacts to Dathrek's actions by swallowing hard, shifting the Dragon into a pitch dark, completely empty & boundary-less area. He hears & sees nothing of the battle.

---------------------
Volt: Make some Knowledge checks, anything you like.

Everyone else: DC50 Reflex Save or [roll0] damage (epic, slashing).

Quietus
2010-12-02, 09:34 AM
((Reflex saves : If either Juliana or Sam fail on their throws, they can trigger the Blade Brothers effect, and take whatever result Nathan has in the spoiler below.))

Anyone watching Nathan, at this point, might find themselves confused by his motions; his speed, increased by the divine infusion and further honed by his Haste spell, is difficult to follow - even before one takes into account the fact that he occasionally seems to simply vanish from existence, giving a visual effect similar to a strobe light. Images of Nathan, his body almost seeming to blur from the speed, flash in and out of reality, desperately weaving between the gusts produced by the skeletal dragon's wings.

Finally, once the dragon has stopped gusting at them, Nathan's movements solidify, and anyone watching him would realize, despite any injuries taken, Nathan is smiling. A part of him feels gloriously alive, reveling in these abilities that let him stand toe to toe with something capable of such destruction, and survive. Two words slip from his lips as he stretches his arms, wiggling his fingers, and begins to play a quick series of notes on a lute made from glowing prismatic energy. In an homage to Ohuriel's earlier symbol-casting act that destroyed his scrying window, each note that Nathan plays hangs in the air as a shimmering note, each a different color, until he strikes the final chord and each note flies across the room, aiming to strike both the demon and his armor.

"..My turn."

Reflex saves : [roll0] - if the d20 portion of that is below half the die, reroll with my Luck domain power :
[roll1]

Also, Divine Dodge reduces damage by half, as Blink against area effects.

Saving his hat reroll, may abuse that at a later point for these save businesses.

Lute-playing : This is a Mass Divine Blast, using the targeting options. I can target up to 30 individuals with it, all of which must be within 6 miles of one another. Target 1 is the skeleton-dragon-armor, target 2 is the demon, targets 3-30 are any random undead targets of opportunity that might look hostile in the room; Collateral damage. Each takes [roll2] damage, no save.

Mangles
2010-12-02, 04:19 PM
Sam tries to watch Nathan as the onslaught of power washes over him. Glad for his companions boosts that let him continue the fight. "Time to be useful." With that he flies off his horse and up to the cage that protects their tormentor. Slicing at it with his sickle, trying to open up a strike at the beast within.

Reflex save[roll0]

Sam uses his free move + double move speed to get to the creature and full attack.

Attack roll against the cage/demon if there is an opening.
[roll1] for [roll2] + [roll3]

[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] if bane

[roll8] for [roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11] if bane

If any strike hits each subsequent strike is bane ie +2 to hit and the extra 2d6 damage

Volthawk
2010-12-07, 11:11 AM
Ah, silence. I wonder...

Dathrek focuses, and a field of antimagic radiates around him as he shrinks to his normal size.

Taking 10, as per usual.

Knowledge (arcana): 45
All other Knowledges: 27

Using my 1/day Antimagic Field from my Spell Domain, and going back to Medium size.