PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Build for a Double Wand User?

doc*sk
2010-10-30, 01:45 PM
I have done some preliminary searching, but does anyone know where I can find a build for a double want user? Any good PrCs?

Thanks.

arguskos
2010-10-30, 01:46 PM
Cannith Wand Adept (Magic of Eberron, I think) comes to mind. As does the Double Wand Wielder feat from... Complete Arcane?

Artificer/Cannith Wand Adept is probably the best build for this.

Abaddon87
2010-10-30, 07:29 PM
Quick Draw is a must. And I've always liked the feat that allows you to change the wand spell damage type as well.

FMArthur
2010-10-30, 07:41 PM
Don't forget Wandstrike and Monkey Grip for Large wands.

Urpriest
2010-10-30, 07:41 PM
Quick Draw is a must. And I've always liked the feat that allows you to change the wand spell damage type as well.

An artificer I believe gets Quick Draw for wands via Cannith Wand Adept, and can change the damage with an Infusion or by taking Energy Substitution (a good feat if you want Energy Admixture, which is fun for blastificers).

I'll second the suggestion of artificer. Google a Blastificer, that build skeleton has essentially everything you need.

Andion Isurand
2010-10-30, 10:55 PM
If you apply the Chain Spell metamamagic feat to the following spell, you could simultaneously trigger up to a maximum of 21 wands (when your caster level hits 20). Your character could also get some material to bind all the wands together like a package of fireworks... leveled at your enemy.

You could also do this with Scepters as described in Lost Empires of Faerun.

////////////////////////////

Awaken from Afar
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 5, Clr 6, Drd 6
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One spell trigger activation item
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

An awaken from afar spell allows you to use a spell trigger item without actually touching the item. The item to be activated must be within the range of the awaken from afar spell, and it functions as though you yourself were triggering it from its current position. All other conditions, such as the requirement that you have the spell on your spell list or if the item's enchantment restricts its use to a particular race or individual, still apply. Both you and the item to be activated have to be on the same plane. The item cannot be in the possession of another creature at the time of activation, and it must be an item that you have previously triggered normally (in other words, without the aid of an awaken from afar spell.

////////////////////////////

This spell is found at the following URL: Wyrms of the North: Arveiaturace, "The White Wyrm" (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20011205a)

Greenish
2010-10-30, 11:50 PM
An artificer I believe gets Quick Draw for wands via Cannith Wand Adept, and can change the damage with an Infusion or by taking Energy Substitution (a good feat if you want Energy Admixture, which is fun for blastificers).Cannith Wand Adept doesn't progress casting or infusions, sadly. I'm not sure it's worth it.

A point of interest for wand wielders: a double weapon can be fitted with two wand chambers, and held and used with just one hand.