PDA

View Full Version : BtanH's Campaign

BtanH
2010-10-30, 01:48 PM
Ok, here we are. The campaign will start soon. Hmm.. If you have any questions, please post on the OOC conference.

Ok, intro type thing (blatantly copied form the previous campaign, Sorry, but it is much better than "You all meet in a tavern").

You are bustled in through the gates of the properous city of Taldanor. This is no surprise, there had ben reports of similar things happening in other areas. The increasingly daring attacks by tribes of kobolds and other such beasts had become a large threat. Hence, many small villages had been rounded up and moved into larger ones for protection.

Ok, you are there, in a street. It is clean. There are about 100 people.

GOGOGOGOGO.

true_shinken
2010-10-30, 10:08 PM
Sin wanders around the town square. Sin is a thin, slender but muscular male human. He wears a scarf that covers the lower half of his face, grey studded leather armor, a dark blue cloak and matching boots. His eyes are of a very intense blue and his wavy hair is completely white.
Helping with this kobold issue might drive me toward redemption, he mumbles to himself absent mindedly.

Jupies
2010-10-31, 10:57 AM
Edward stood towards the front end of the crowd, gladly taking shelter when urged to. He stood at an imposing 6'1", and the red-tinted eyes didn't help dissuade people that he wasn't some sort of evil being. He really wished he wasn't made how he was when it comes to being in a large crowd of people..

He went off, sitting at the base of a nearby tree, taking out the guitar that his mentor had given to him so he could tune it, listening as other bards sing with a slight look of displeasure growing on his face.
We're not gonna take it...
He mutters.

Skjaldbakka
2010-10-31, 01:48 PM
Tristan peacefully and calmly walks along with the crowd as they are bustled into the city. His general positive outlook seems to rub off a bit on the people around him, who are less agitated then everyone else, distracted from their worries by the idle conversation and Tristan's friendly demeanor.

Tristan is a human of average height and build, wearing a typical adventurer's outfit, complete with chain shirt, longbow, longsword, and backpack. He has wavy blond hair and a well trimmed beard, with soulful blue eyes. A silver pendant of Elhonna completes his outfit.

When things start to settle down, he pulls out a finely crafted flute and begins to play a calming tune that brings to mind the beauty of nature. (20 Peform [wind instruments] - taking 10)

CaCO3
2010-10-31, 04:11 PM
A young man paces slowly, moving along with the flowing crowd into the city. He seems to be unarmed, but does carry a large kite shield on his back, largely obscuring the leather backpack behind it. His hair is a smooth brown, of a medium length; his eyes, on the other hand, are a crystalline green. He is wearing a black-and-silver tunic underneath a white cloak, with the hood of it down. A chain shirt, clearly well made, can be seen underneath the cloak.

He is quietly contemplative of the situation. Kobold invasions have been getting more and more audacious lately, and though he is a skilled combatant (and he is sure there were many of such talent like him among the crowd) the villages would not be able to defeat the kobolds even with them present, as they would be spread too thin; each village individually would not be much of a challenge.

So now they are being herded into Taldanor. He prefers the natural silence and peacefulness of solitude, but there are times when one has to work. This is likely one of them.

His eyes flash silver briefly. A translucent quarterstaff appears in his hands a moment later, and he smiles, setting it down onto the ground as a walking stick.

Jupies
2010-10-31, 05:41 PM
As he hears a fellow bard begin to play, Edward looks up at him, watching the flute performance with a melancholy expression.
If only.. If only..
Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath to steady his hand, then taps his fingers lightly along the strings of the axe, the steady thrum of a bass rhythm reverberating magically through the air.
While that melody plays, magically sustained by the power of the axe, he stands, playing another layer of melody over it. The tune is sorrowful and deep to contrast the gaiety of the flute, but taking nothing away from it- indeed, the song he plays only highlights the flute further.

Edward opens his eyes now, gazing determinedly at the flute-player in front of him.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-01, 12:31 AM
Tristan continues to play the flute, changing the tune slightly to harmonize better with the other musician. After a little while, he pauses to take a break, and walks up to the warforged minstrel, extending his right hand in a gesture of friendship. "You have a very interesting style, friend. My name is Tristan, of Greenbank. Whom have I had the pleasure of playing with on this fine day?"

true_shinken
2010-11-01, 01:46 AM
Sin swiftly moves toward the bards. I find your music to be... soothing. Please continue.
He stands there, listening to the song, trying to drown the sorrow that fills his joyless husk of a life.

Jupies
2010-11-01, 07:55 AM
Edward is what I was named upon constrcution, and you truly do me an honor with this gesture.
He returns the gesture, shaking his fellow bard's hand.
I'm used to more of... Let's say a less 'tolerant' view of who I am and what I play. As you can see, I hardly seem like one who would be well-versed in music, much less singing.
He gestures to his generally intimidating regalia, then turns to Sin, starting his song again, but quietly so he can finish his adress.
You as well, I thank you for this.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-01, 09:44 AM
A pale Elf of average build is hearded with the rest of the mob into the town, he wears baggy pants and shirt of plain brown color, a tan cloak is draped on his back with the hood down and a silver unicorn necklace showing his faith to Ehlonna is around his neck.

Obviously uncomfortable in crowds he works his way to the less crowded edges of the mass of people. He soon spots a pair of minstrels performing and stands near them and smiles, enjoying the music as a distraction from the turmoil around him.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-01, 09:46 AM
"I do have to admit, I haven't seen one such are yourself before, but I am not one to judge someone based on their appearance. You have done me the honor of accompanying my music, perhaps you would let me return the gesture?" Tristan awaits for Edward to lead, and then accompanies to the best of his ability.

Edit- As he sees the fellow follower of Elhonna approach, he bows respectfully towards them before they begin to play again.

true_shinken
2010-11-01, 01:33 PM
Sin nods respectfully towards the elf. Haven't met one of the fair folk in a long while. My name is Sin. Would you mind telling me yours?

sitandbehitski
2010-11-01, 01:57 PM
"Not at all, my name is Hildar." He said as he turned his head towards the city gates that he was guided through earlier. "I wonder what makes the monsters of this land so bold recently. Something needs to be done."

Jupies
2010-11-01, 06:08 PM
Letting the second song come to it's close, Ed once more thanks the fellow bard and then lets his axe come to rest beside him, leaning on it.
It's not so much a misunderstanding by everyone else, I guess, more of me, trying to find my place. I play like most others, but my mentor used to tell me I was destined for something more in the way of music, and at times, I can almost grasp it, but it always slips away..
He shakes his head slightly.
But that's a tale for another time. These kobolds seem to be an engrossing enough topic.

CaCO3
2010-11-01, 07:51 PM
A melody is on the wind. Corin hears the strains of it, and an expression of surprise appears on his visage slowly. Pushing the translucent walking staff in his hands into the ground lightly, he moves forward to where the music originates from, interested in listening to more.

As he appears at the clearing the crowd has made for the makeshift performance, near the front of the throng of people, he observes an elf and a human conversing. The remark about something needing to be done about the land's monsters resonates in him, and he cuts into the conversation.

"I concur. We cannot simply allow them to ravage our countrysides." His voice is clear and sonorous, without much of an accent.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-01, 07:59 PM
Tristan steps forward to take part in the conversation. "I would imagine that the local authorities have their hands full defending the people, and would appreciate a group of able adventurers, such as myself, and I imagine you fine folks, stepping up to render their assistance." With that he looks around, trying to spot someone that appears to be in charge.

true_shinken
2010-11-02, 11:00 AM
Nice to meet you, Hildar., Sin speaks from under his mask. He eyes the holy symbol the elf is carrying.
Knowledge Religion, Untrained
[roll0]

I take you are a servant of the gods? I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with your symbol. Would it be too intruding to ask which of gods you do serve, sir elf?

When Sin listens Tristan mentioning the kobolds, he turns toward the other human. I agree. We could do something. He turns so he can face everyone I'm used to being called Sin. I already know the elf's name and I agree with the other human that we should do something about this kobold issue. You all look capable... he looks at Ed for quite some time. Well, most of you look capable, at the very least. he chuckles.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-02, 11:29 AM
(you might also notice that Tristan is wearing the same holy symbol as the elf)

Tristan thinks to interject and answer Sin's question, but decides instead to allow the elf to answer for himself.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-02, 11:39 AM
"Not at all," Hildar replies. "It is the symbol of the goddess Ehlonna of the Forest. She watches over all the folk who live there and protects them."

He turns and faces the whole group. "Although it sounds like she, and the local authorities, could use some help with that particular charge right now."

true_shinken
2010-11-02, 08:10 PM
Sin listens thoughtfully to the elf. A servant of the gods that actually understands they can't fix everything? The warlock realizes the elf is very wise.
You are correct, of course. he then notices Tristan wears the same symbol. Are you a cleric of this Ehlonna as well, fellow?

Jupies
2010-11-02, 08:39 PM
The warforged chuckles slightly, a deep, ominous boom.
If he is, he's the first one I've met that's not tone-deaf. It's nice to see we're getting to know each other.
He sits, watching the group intently as he sharpens his axe now.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-02, 08:58 PM
"After a fashion, although I am not capable of such feats as I have seen others called clerics perform," Tristan states with a smile. "However, I am a faithful servant, and have asked for favors from time to time and had them granted. Whether that is divine intervention or a bit of magic in my blood, who can say?"

true_shinken
2010-11-02, 09:48 PM
Only Ehlonna herself, I believe., Sin smiles at the musician's comment. Now, about this kobold issue, does anyone have any aditional information?

CaCO3
2010-11-02, 10:14 PM
"We would probably do well to ask information from the local authorities; after all, they are the ones tasked to deal with the issue, and would likely know at least a bit about it. " Corin listens to the conversation quietly, interjecting only when he deems it necessary for him to do so, otherwise staying silent.

true_shinken
2010-11-03, 05:21 AM
Sin stares at the other human. He hadn't noticed he was there yet. I'm sorry, good sir. I believe we were not properly introduced. What is your grace?

CaCO3
2010-11-03, 05:54 AM
"My... grace? My name is Corin. Might I also ask yours?" Corin looks a little puzzled at the reference to grace, but shrugs it off as being an expression.

true_shinken
2010-11-04, 07:40 PM
"My... grace? My name is Corin. Might I also ask yours?" Corin looks a little puzzled at the reference to grace, but shrugs it off as being an expression.

Most people call me Sin Sear. That will have to do for now. he smirks.

(OOC: Hello, guys? :smallfrown:)

BtanH
2010-11-04, 08:44 PM
Sooo.... ok. Umm... the street is about 20 feet wide. The people seem to have spread out more. Any details can be provided if you ask.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-04, 08:59 PM
Tristan looks around for a town guard, or someone else official looking.

Jupies
2010-11-04, 09:51 PM
Edward stands, his axe now tuned again.
This is a motley crew we're shaping up to be. But.. perhaps all the more powerful for it.
He aids Tristan in the search for an official.
Unless I'm being a bit hasty with my assumption.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-04, 10:44 PM
"The only downside to being motley-looking is it makes other's underestimate you," Hildar replies smirking slightly. "Which is to our advantage."

BtanH
2010-11-05, 11:51 AM
The people who brought you into the city are up farther into the city. They turn a corner together, and you lose sight of them.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-05, 03:05 PM
"Well, I suppose the next best thing to a town guard would be a friendly bartender. If anyone knows what is going on in this city, they would."

Tristan begins to look for a tavern, one that looks reputable.

BtanH
2010-11-05, 05:19 PM
There are a few in the area. The most reputable is named "The Brass Champion Inn". It is very nice looking, the patrons look clean and well dressed, little dirt to be seen. (OOC: They are cleaner than you.)

true_shinken
2010-11-05, 07:52 PM
Sin enters the inn swiftly and looks around, trying to get a feel of the place. He then sits down at a table and lets the bards do their work. Looks like working in a group will really be beneficial, he mutters to himself absent mindedly.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-05, 08:10 PM
"Might want to freshen up a bit before going in..." Tristan says before pulling out his flute. He plays a quick tune, and the dust and sweat of the road disapears, leaving him fresh and clean.

He then steps inside.

OOC: casts prestidigitation

sitandbehitski
2010-11-06, 03:51 PM
Hildar enters the tavern, orders a glass of wine for himself and joins Sin at the table. He scans the room carefully while sipping his drink.

Jupies
2010-11-06, 04:13 PM
Edward joins the other assembling members of the group, diverting eyes turned in his direction with a steely glare of his red eyes.
So, any theories on what's causing the kobold attacks?
He knows the possibilities are practically endless, but that makes for better conversation.

true_shinken
2010-11-06, 04:48 PM
So, Hildar. the warlock says as he notices his companion sitting across the table. What brings you to such a place? And, well, what can you do in a fight?

sitandbehitski
2010-11-06, 05:49 PM
"I am on a journey of discovery, to gain knowledge of both of myself and the world." He takes another sip of his drink. "As for my combat abilities like many elves I am a fair shot with a longbow. I also wield the power of Ehlonna, which is no small weapon." He holds up his necklace showing Ehlonna's symbol, the Unicorn.

true_shinken
2010-11-06, 08:02 PM
A journey of discovery, you say? Sounds interesting. Sin gets up, picks a jug of beer for a nearby table. Nevermind that it probably belongs to someone else. An elf's accuracy and the power of a god? That sounds very handy to have around, I'll tell you. He gulps the jug, leaving it half empty. I am not exactly the useful type, ya'know. Guess I'll just stick around you and try to remain safe. I mean, no problem about that, right?

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-06, 11:29 PM
Tristan walks boldly up to the bartender, orders an ale, and asks about the kobold situation. "Do you know what the local authorities are doing about this kobold problem? Seems they have rounded everyone up for protection. I imagine they have their hands full, do you know if they are looking for freelancers to assist with the problem?"

He gestures back towards the rest of the group, "I happen to have just such a group of freelancers, and would appreciate it a great deal if you could point us in the right direction." He slides a gold coin onto the bar to pay for the drink, as well as a hefty tip.

CaCO3
2010-11-07, 07:32 PM
As they walk into the bar, the translucent psionic quarterstaff in Corin's hands disappears. He heads to the bar and orders a glass of water, not wanting to inebriate himself so early in the day, and sits down, listening intently to the conversation occurring between the rest of the party members.

BtanH
2010-11-07, 07:55 PM
Tristan walks boldly up to the bartender, orders an ale, and asks about the kobold situation. "Do you know what the local authorities are doing about this kobold problem? Seems they have rounded everyone up for protection. I imagine they have their hands full, do you know if they are looking for freelancers to assist with the problem?"

He gestures back towards the rest of the group, "I happen to have just such a group of freelancers, and would appreciate it a great deal if you could point us in the right direction." He slides a gold coin onto the bar to pay for the drink, as well as a hefty tip.

"Well..." The bartender's tongue is losened significantly at the sight of the gold coin. He pockets it quickly. "I don'treally know to much, its not my buisness. But I have heard that the authorities have been looking for people such as yourselves. The place to go would be the armory, near the middle of the town. Only ilitary building in the area, shouldn't be to hard to find." He wishes you well and goes off to tend to other customers.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-07, 11:35 PM
"Excellent, thank you kindly. You are a scholar and a gentleman."

He takes his leave of the bartender and returns to the group. "It appears we should head to the armory. I shall be heading out as soon as I finish this ale."

With that, he downs the rest of the ale in one long pull, and slams it down on the table. "Who is with me?"

sitandbehitski
2010-11-07, 11:49 PM
Hildar smiles and also finishes the last few sips of his drink and places it on the table. He than stands up in preparation to follow Tristan to the armory.

Jupies
2010-11-08, 12:18 AM
Although not drinking, Ed slams his fist on the table joyously in a mimic of the other bard- but everyone turns to him after the resounding thud and clatter.
What?
He dismisses them with a shrug and a glance left and right before he gets up and shuffles off akwardly after them.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-08, 04:12 PM
Tristan will start heading toward the armory, expecting others to follow.

true_shinken
2010-11-08, 09:52 PM
Sin follows Tristan silently.

CaCO3
2010-11-09, 10:43 PM
Corin finishes his glass of water and materializes his soul weapon into the shape of a spear, treading after Tristan calmly.

BtanH
2010-11-14, 09:35 PM
I'm typing from an Ipod. This will be short.
You arrive in front of the armory (also a barraks).
Will add more later. Armory seems closed.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-15, 09:09 AM
"There is no one here. That is strange." Tristan looks around for anyone guarding the armory or barracks, and if he doesn't see anyone, he draws his sword and starts looking around... (and now... loading screen)

BtanH
2010-11-15, 10:54 AM
Well, you do see two people outside gaurding it. But it is quiet and the doors are chained shut.

Jupies
2010-11-15, 02:17 PM
Excuse us. We were told this would be the place to seek employment in terms of helping the village with the kobold problem.
Edward looks at the guards, leaning on his axe casually.

BtanH
2010-11-15, 08:45 PM
"Sorry, they are busy and we can't have any visiters. Employment is closed."

Also, they sing Happy Birthday to Jupies, belatedly. <- This is irrelevant. Just me saying Happy Birthday.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-16, 03:07 PM
"We could always seek private employment," Hildar speaks up. "We could check for any merchants or groups making a journey on the road and help protect them from attack."

true_shinken
2010-11-16, 08:10 PM
Sin smirks at the guards. You think you can do anything to stop me from going where I choose? He then teleports through the door with his anklets of translocation.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-16, 08:19 PM
Tristan is startled by his companion's sudden disapearance, and raises his hands above his head, "I just met him today, I swear. I did not know he was going to do that."

[roll0] diplomacy (including the -10 penalty for rushed diplomacy checks)
ok, so that is fail, but not badly enough to make things worse.

BtanH
2010-11-16, 08:39 PM
Tristan is startled by his companion's sudden disapearance, and raises his hands above his head, "I just met him today, I swear. I did not know he was going to do that."

[roll0] diplomacy (including the -10 penalty for rushed diplomacy checks)
ok, so that is fail, but not badly enough to make things worse.

Ok, so the guards say "What was that" They are stunned. They just ignore you.

@TrueShinken
Inside is a dark corridor. It splits into a cross shape up ahead.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-16, 08:52 PM
Tristan scratches his head, confused. "So, that guy just used magic to transport himself into your armory, and this doesn't bother you at all?"

[roll0] Sense Motive

true_shinken
2010-11-16, 09:33 PM
Finding the situation suspicious, Sin concentrates on his arcane senses (OOC: detect magic; I concentrate until I can see magical auras and then keep on concentrating, just using my move actions to advance) walks carefully through the corridor (OOC: remember, I have darkvision and see invisible).
He peeks at both sides, trying to understand what is going on.

BtanH
2010-11-17, 04:45 PM
Finding the situation suspicious, Sin concentrates on his arcane senses (OOC: detect magic; I concentrate until I can see magical auras and then keep on concentrating, just using my move actions to advance) walks carefully through the corridor (OOC: remember, I have darkvision and see invisible).
He peeks at both sides, trying to understand what is going on.

Nothing special. There are some doors on each side.

@ Skjald
- They aren't lying.

The guards look at you. "Wait, he teleported inside? Umm..." One of them starts panicing. "How do you know that?"

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-17, 06:08 PM
"Well, I'm assuming he did. He said you could not keep him out, and then vanished. Is that a bad thing? You might want to check it out."
Now that it's been a minute and they are paying attention to me...

Diplomacy: [roll]1d20+10[\roll]

BtanH
2010-11-17, 06:39 PM
"Well, I'm assuming he did. He said you could not keep him out, and then vanished. Is that a bad thing? You might want to check it out."

Now that it's been a minute and they are paying attention to me...

Diplomacy: [roll]1d20+10[\roll]

Ok, so the dipcy needs to be re-done. Actualy, I'll roll it myself. Ok, so the guards are in much the same mood. They sasy "Well, we were given very strict orders not to move from here. And, we can't open the door."

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-17, 11:41 PM
"I bet you'll get in quite a bit of trouble for letting someone into the armory. What were your orders if that happened? You know, I could try to find a way inside, as a favor to you..."

Tristan will take a look at the armory, looking for ways in other than the front door which is chained shut.

CaCO3
2010-11-18, 12:23 AM
Corin shrugs.

"We could simply break the door... Although, really, do you know why employment is closed? Why is the armory not open, and why are the management busy?"

BtanH
2010-11-18, 07:45 AM
Corin shrugs.

"We could simply break the door... Although, really, do you know why employment is closed? Why is the armory not open, and why are the management busy?"

"We don't know. People weren't supposed to get inside, so we had no plans for the possibility."

When you look around you see a few windows. They are about 8 feet off the ground.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-18, 09:12 AM
What kind of windows? Does it look like I could get through them if I could scale the wall? Or squeeze through with an escape artist check? Are they barred windows, or glass windows, or open squares in the side of the wall?

BtanH
2010-11-18, 06:02 PM
What kind of windows? Does it look like I could get through them if I could scale the wall? Or squeeze through with an escape artist check? Are they barred windows, or glass windows, or open squares in the side of the wall?

Sorry, It is an open hole as far as you can tell. Spot Check?

CaCO3
2010-11-18, 07:32 PM
"That doesn't explain very much." Corin frowns with displeasure. "When will it be open again?"

BtanH
2010-11-18, 07:35 PM
"That doesn't explain very much." Corin frowns with displeasure. "When will it be open again?"

The guards say "Well, it should be open again tomarrow. After the general leaves with the new recruits."

BTW - It is around 7:00 in the game. So, evening.

true_shinken
2010-11-18, 09:16 PM
Nothing special. There are some doors on each side.

Sin tries to open the door closer to him. If it's locked, he will use two eldritch claw attacks to break it open.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-18, 10:56 PM
Spot? hehe... [roll0]

Since I doubt he will see anything, Tristan will go ahead and pull himself up through the window. 8 ft is within vertical reach for medium size humanoids, so no climb or jumo check is needed to reach the window. DC 10 climb check will let him climb up since he can reach the window, which he makes taking 10.

"These are either the dumbest guards in the city, or something fishy is going on," Tristan whispers to himself as he hoists himself through the window.

Jupies
2010-11-19, 12:08 AM
Edward follows soon after his fellow bard, in the same manner of movement.
Perhaps there'll be a test of some sort once we're inside.
He clambers in through the window, then surveys the room carefully, drawing his axe.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-19, 12:41 AM
This doesn't seem right... Hildar thinks to himself as he follows suit hoisting himself up through the window. But this is to weird not to check into.

CaCO3
2010-11-19, 06:48 AM
Corin removes his shield temporarily, stowing it away in his pack, before following behind Tristan, Edward, and Hildar, so as to avoid himself being weighed down by his gear.

BtanH
2010-11-19, 08:32 PM
Ok, so you find when you attempt to climb the window that there are lots of sharp things on the window. You fall off, and take 1 point of damage. You can't climb this.

@Sin Sear
The door isn't locked. Inside are a bunch of weapons.

Jupies
2010-11-19, 09:40 PM
Edward holds tight, attempting to move the pointy things out of the way of the window with his supremely durable metal hands.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-19, 10:18 PM
"Oh well, we tried. Guess you guys are on your own. Sorry we couldn't help out more." Tristan heads back to the tavern.

BtanH
2010-11-19, 10:54 PM
Edward holds tight, attempting to move the pointy things out of the way of the window with his supremely durable metal hands.

They are moved out of the way, you can climb in.

Jupies
2010-11-19, 10:56 PM
The bard clambers through the window gesturing to his allies.
You coming in or what?

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-19, 11:00 PM
ooc: the guards seriously aren't trying to stop us?

Tristan will climb in, seeing as the obstruction has been removed.

BtanH
2010-11-20, 09:22 AM
ooc: the guards seriously aren't trying to stop us?
Nope, they aren't even paying attention.

Tristan will climb in, seeing as the obstruction has been removed.

CaCO3
2010-11-20, 11:34 AM
Corin follows after Tristan, climbing into the window.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-20, 04:10 PM
Hildar also follows through the window.

BtanH
2010-11-23, 08:30 AM
Ok, so you are in a dark room, whith weapons in it. If convinient, this can be the room Sin was just opening.

true_shinken
2010-11-24, 08:06 AM
Ok, so you are in a dark room, whith weapons in it. If convinient, this can be the room Sin was just opening.

OOC:This works for me.

Sin opens the door and suddenly sees the other duys. What are you doing here? How did you get in?, he asks untrustingly.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-24, 09:59 AM
Tristan points at the window.

sitandbehitski
2010-11-24, 11:25 AM
"I don't think these guards are paid very well." Hildar says.

CaCO3
2010-11-24, 08:46 PM
"Really, this armory's defenses are paper-thin." Corin shrugs. "They didn't even have a proper window; just the smashed remnants of one, with a bunch of glass shards, which incidentally hindered our climb at first."

sitandbehitski
2010-11-24, 09:06 PM
"It sound's like someone else has broken in first." Hildar says stroking his chin. "Let us be vigilant, for they may still be here."

Jupies
2010-11-24, 09:46 PM
I still maintain that this is a test of some sort. Asserts Edward, as he casts dancing lights to shine some.. well, light on the dark room they're in.
Either way, though, I believe we should sally forth. Perhaps wait for the town officials if they're out?

true_shinken
2010-11-25, 09:49 AM
Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with the machine., Sin says, reflexively staying a bit away from the dancing lights. Well, I disagree about waiting for the guards. Let's solve this on our own, I say.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-27, 11:40 AM
Tristan says "well, as long as we are here, we may as well look around. There was something strange about the guards - they didn't even try to stop us from entering," as he walks out into the hallway.

BtanH
2010-11-27, 05:08 PM
The hallway is exactly as described earlier.

true_shinken
2010-11-27, 07:35 PM
Sin goes back to the hallway and opens a random door.

BtanH
2010-11-27, 08:05 PM
It is the same as the room you were just in. Make listen checks.

true_shinken
2010-11-28, 08:49 AM
Listen check [roll0]

BtanH
2010-11-28, 01:30 PM
You hear nothing. Other people also make listen checks.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-28, 01:50 PM
[roll0] Listen

As expected, a fail.

OOC - It can speed things up if the DM just rolls the listen checks 'behind the screen', since we are now waiting for everyone to roll listen checks before the game can move forward. The same thing applies to pretty much any 'reactive' skill check, and especially to initiative.

BtanH
2010-11-28, 02:15 PM
Ok, so Jupies hears some voices further down, around a corner.

Jupies
2010-11-30, 06:38 PM
Edward tilts his head a bit, listening for the source of the noise as he beckons to the group, starting to walk out towards the hallway, peeking around the corner, if possible.

There's something this way. Be ready.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-30, 06:40 PM
"I am always ready, my friend." Tristan proceeds in the direction his metallic ally indicated.

BtanH
2010-11-30, 06:45 PM
Ok, as you peer down the hallway you see one room has a light source inside. Voices can he heard.

Jupies
2010-11-30, 07:08 PM
Edward walks down the hallway, peering into the room, lining up the lights behind him so they're hidden. He knows moving quietly is a virtual impossibility with his body, so he he moves normally.

BtanH
2010-11-30, 07:56 PM
Inside are two people on opposite sides of a table. Both seem humanoid enough. They are looking at you with interest.

"Hello" Says one.
"Congratultions" Says the other.

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-30, 08:39 PM
"Congratulations for what?"

CaCO3
2010-11-30, 08:44 PM
Corin observes the two humanoids carefully, taking in details of what they are wearing (and so on and so forth, such as their skin tone, their features, their apparent age and gender).

BtanH
2010-11-30, 08:51 PM
"Well, surely you realized this was a test? The lack of activity on the part of the guards, the broken glass on the window?"

They are normal, 30 year old humans (one is a half elf).

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-30, 08:54 PM
"Of course. It was perfectly obvious that this whole thing was a test.... I assume that we passed?"

bluff [roll0]

BtanH
2010-11-30, 09:10 PM
"Of course. It was perfectly obvious that this whole thing was a test.... I assume that we passed?"

bluff [roll0]
:O This wasn't even nessessary but... lol

"Of course you passed. You got here, right? In fact, you guys are so awesome i'm going to promote you all immediately. Assuming you agree to sign these papers you are now full members of our military force" He hands ou all papers after writing some things on them first.

Jupies
2010-11-30, 09:15 PM
Edward chuckles heartily, his suspicion ending up correct.
We go looking for trouble, and it appears trouble has found us.. Does this mean we'll be fighting the Kobolds then?
He scans over the papers handed to him, looking carefully for anything indicative of a scam or anything similar.

BtanH
2010-11-30, 09:25 PM
Make the relevant skill check (anything resonable) to check for a scam.

"Yes it does. You should be out there pretty fast if you sign these."

Skjaldbakka
2010-11-30, 10:03 PM
Tristan is the trusting sort, so he'll sign the papers immediately. Yay widsom penalty!

"Alright, so when do we start?"

BtanH
2010-12-01, 07:46 AM
"Well, once the other sign, I would expect tomarrow"

sitandbehitski
2010-12-01, 12:09 PM
Hildar, who had been following silently behind takes the papers offered him and scans them.

Sense Motive on the papers: [roll0]

BtanH
2010-12-01, 01:15 PM
They seem legit.

true_shinken
2010-12-01, 02:14 PM
Sin eyes those people thoughtfully as he walks towards them. As he stands just beside one of them, he speaks. You mean to tell me this was just a test? People are in danger, lives are at stake, monsters are at large... and the government wastes time testing the only people who could actually help?, he says increasingly angry with every word. You're not fit to rule. You are all corrupted. Now I see the real path of redemption lies in cleansing this place of your filth!

He then creates his eldritch claws and attacks twice, using Mortalbane on both attacks (I believe they are flat-footed?).
Attack roll, 1st claw: [roll0]
Attack roll, 2nd claw: [roll1]
Damage roll, 1st claw: [roll2] plus [roll3]
Damage roll, 2nd claw: [roll4] plus [roll5]
EDIT: Second claw was a critical hit, it seems, so damage should be doubled.

BtanH
2010-12-01, 02:50 PM
Well, assuming you attacked the one closest to you. He is hit by the second attack and hurt, but not hugely. Roll Initiative.

sitandbehitski
2010-12-01, 03:09 PM
Hildar Drops the papers he was holding and raises his hands above his head making a "halt!" motion. As a free action he shouts "Wait! Violence is not the answer here! Put down your weapons! Please!"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

true_shinken
2010-12-01, 03:21 PM
Well, assuming you attacked the one closest to you. He is hit by the second attack and hurt, but not hugely. Roll Initiative.

OOC: Not hugely? That was 50 damage to the face! O.O I mean, enough for a death due to massive damage check! Oh, just the second attack hit. AC higher than 15 flat-footed while wearing no armor? Guys, these humans are not human at all.
Initiative: [roll0]
Halt?! Sin glares at Hildar. I'm sorry, but I cannot halt when these people are putting innocent lives at stake in danger. Someone must do something!

BtanH
2010-12-01, 03:49 PM
OOC: Not hugely? That was 50 damage to the face! O.O I mean, enough for a death due to massive damage check! Oh, just the second attack hit. AC higher than 15 flat-footed while wearing no armor? Guys, these humans are not human at all.
Halt?! Sin glares at Hildar. I'm sorry, but I cannot halt when these people are putting innocent lives at stake. Someone must do something!

They look at you and say "How are we putting innocent lives in danger? We need to test you to find out whether or not yuo are actualy capable of fighting! There was no danger!"
They afect defensive postures.

true_shinken
2010-12-01, 09:31 PM
OOC: Why did my attack miss? Did he dodge, did I hit something very hard and failed to do damage or was it something else? Just trying to get a feel of them.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-01, 09:45 PM
OOC: Critical hits have to be confirmed, btw.

Tristan will draw his sword and point it at Sin. "You will submit or I will be forced to assist these men in forcing you to submit, using any means necessary."

Intimidate: [roll0] vs. Sin's 1d20+Wis Mod+Level
I am using Demoralize Opponent, so if I somehow succeed, you are shaken for 1 round.
Initiative: [roll1]

You might want a Diplomacy check to convince us to take your side. I'd say Tristan is unfriendly, so a DC 15 to make him indifferent, or 25 to make him friendly, assuming everyone lets you talk before more attacks are made.

CaCO3
2010-12-02, 06:22 AM

Corin frowns at the fact that Sin has just attacked one of the humanoids. He sighs. "Perhaps you would do well to calm down."

BtanH
2010-12-02, 12:55 PM
OOC: Why did my attack miss? Did he dodge, did I hit something very hard and failed to do damage or was it something else? Just trying to get a feel of them.
He dodged it.

true_shinken
2010-12-02, 07:22 PM
OOC:
You might want a Diplomacy check to convince us to take your side. I'd say Tristan is unfriendly, so a DC 15 to make him indifferent, or 25 to make him friendly, assuming everyone lets you talk before more attacks are made.
OOC: I can't do that by RAW. Diplomacy does not work against other player characters.

true_shinken
2010-12-02, 07:32 PM
Wisdom+Level[roll]1d20+2[roll]
So that's how it is? Test your luck, Tristan. But be forewarned - I gave away everything I held dear for power alone and I doubt you feeble fleshling has any chance of surviving a fight against me! he grins evilly. Compared to you I... AM... A GOD![/B]
He then attacks Tristan twice with his Eldritch Claws (both with Mortalbane):
Attack Roll, EC1 [roll0]
Attack Roll, EC2 [roll1]
Confirmation Roll, EC1 [roll2]
Confirmation Roll, EC 2 [roll3]
Damage Roll, EC1 [roll4] plus [roll5]
Damage Roll, EC2 [roll6] plus [roll7]

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-02, 08:05 PM
Well, Tristan's dead. You're screwed now though.

sitandbehitski
2010-12-02, 08:25 PM
Once it reaches Hildar's turn...

"Enough!" The Elf shouts.

Hildar casts Hold Person on Sin, will save DC of 16.

BtanH
2010-12-02, 08:44 PM
This game is in stasis, until we decide wether or not to go back in time.

BtanH
2010-12-06, 05:56 PM
Ok, We are back in time.

You enter the room, inside are two roughly human figures (one human, on half-elf) wearing armor. With weapons sheathed.
The human looks up from their discussion and says "Cogratulations!"

Any other details wanted? I will give them, I just dont want to post unnessesary details. Like how the room is furnished (I will tell you if you want to know).

Jupies
2010-12-06, 06:03 PM
Edward chuckles, getting a strange sense of deja vu as he asks-
So this was a test, then?

BtanH
2010-12-06, 06:10 PM
"Well, surely you realized this was a test? The lack of activity on the part of the guards, the broken glass on the window?"

CaCO3
2010-12-06, 06:43 PM
"It was not... immediately apparent to us, I must say." Corin shrugged. "We thought that you were temporarily busy with something."

BtanH
2010-12-06, 07:12 PM
'No, also, as you passed, we assume you would like to join the army. We will be leaving tomarrow." He offers you all contracts.

OOC: What was Sin Sear's probelm again? I honestly had no idea.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-06, 07:33 PM
Tristan, being a trusting soul, signs the contract without a second thought.

Jupies
2010-12-06, 07:33 PM
Edward considers for a moment, placing the contract down.
My gut feeling..
He half-glances at his metal composition before continuing, a note of embarrassment in his voice.
Is telling me that I shouldn't do this.. It's hard to explain, but when it comes down to this, my music comes from the.. gut.. as well, and I trust my life to it. However, if my allies are going to help you, I will do it, just strictly off the record.
He sits down in a nearby chair, assuming a contemplative position.

BtanH
2010-12-06, 07:36 PM
Edward considers for a moment, placing the contract down.
My gut feeling..
He half-glances at his metal composition before continuing, a note of embarrassment in his voice.
Is telling me that I shouldn't do this.. It's hard to explain, but when it comes down to this, my music comes from the.. gut.. as well, and I trust my life to it. However, if my allies are going to help you, I will do it, just strictly off the record.
He sits down in a nearby chair, assuming a contemplative position.

Well, you do realize that we can't pay you if you don't sign, right?

Jupies
2010-12-06, 07:39 PM
Yep.. He sighs, resigned.
Is there no other way to work this out..? Subservience isn't exactly my thing, if you'll pardon it.

BtanH
2010-12-06, 08:11 PM
Yep.. He sighs, resigned.
Is there no other way to work this out..? Subservience isn't exactly my thing, if you'll pardon it.

Sorry, but we shouldn't even let you join us if you don't sign.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-06, 08:45 PM
Tristan will take a look at the contract. What's in it?

BtanH
2010-12-06, 09:21 PM
Tristan will take a look at the contract. What's in it?

Basicaly, you join the army for 1 year. You get paid based on what you do (fair compensation). You have access to a smithy and stuff, so things you request can be made. Special things will be supplied if needed. Etc.

Anything you are looking for?

Jupies
2010-12-06, 09:54 PM
Edward grumbles something about "the man." And promptly slams his fist on the signature line, his name appearing there as he goes back to sit down.

He's going to do it.. but by the metal gods, he's NOT going to like it.

sitandbehitski
2010-12-07, 02:13 AM
Hildar signs the contract.

true_shinken
2010-12-07, 05:56 AM
OOC: What was Sin Sear's probelm again? I honestly had no idea.
OOC: Sin resents authority and sees a bunch of people who take their time to test random adventurers instead of helping those in need to be quite of a nuisance.

Sin just stands around waiting for his companions. I won't sign. I already have a contract on and I don't want your money. I just want to help those people.

BtanH
2010-12-07, 07:55 AM
OOC: Sin resents authority and sees a bunch of people who take their time to test random adventurers instead of helping those in need to be quite of a nuisance.

Sin just stands around waiting for his companions. I won't sign. I already have a contract on and I don't want your money. I just want to help those people.

That fine. If you need a place to stay we can give you one. Just be at the front of the armory at Sunrise tomarrow.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-07, 09:56 AM
((holy time advance batman, how did we get back to the armory so fast?))

BtanH
2010-12-07, 02:55 PM
((holy time advance batman, how did we get back to the armory so fast?))

Oops, you didn't sign the contract yet. Nvrmnd. They dont say that, they wait for you to sign.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-07, 03:50 PM
Actually, he did sign. He just didn't look it over until after other people starting having doubts.

BtanH
2010-12-07, 03:52 PM
Actually, he did sign. He just didn't look it over until after other people starting having doubts.

Sorry. So you are back at the armory the next day?

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-07, 04:45 PM
Yes. Most likely everyone else also...

sitandbehitski
2010-12-07, 04:47 PM
Hildar is at the armory the next morning.

true_shinken
2010-12-08, 10:06 AM
Sin nods silently and waits for the others to leave. He glances toward Hildar for a moment. You sure you are okay with this, master priest?

BtanH
2010-12-08, 08:53 PM
The two people you saw the day before (The leaders) are in front of a group of about 20 people. There are a few dwarves, some elves, a few half-elves, but its mostly humans. The leaders have a sheet of paper, and they seem to be doing some form of attendance.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-08, 11:33 PM
Tristan will get in line, carrying his round shield emblazoned with the symbol of Elhonna.

BtanH
2010-12-09, 12:37 PM
When the line moves forward, they ask you for your name.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-09, 04:46 PM
"Tristan of Greenbank"

Jupies
2010-12-09, 05:42 PM
Edward. He notes plainly. If they aren't able to pick him out of a crowd by now, they need to get their eyes examined.

BtanH
2010-12-09, 09:28 PM
Edward. He notes plainly. If they aren't able to pick him out of a crowd by now, they need to get their eyes examined.

They tick you off the list.

CaCO3
2010-12-10, 12:50 AM
"Corin of Lanthanor."

sitandbehitski
2010-12-10, 12:31 PM
Hildar Tyden.

BtanH
2010-12-10, 01:28 PM
Check, and check.

true_shinken
2010-12-10, 01:38 PM
The warlock just waits for his companions to finish their chores with the army so they can get on to adventuring. To amuse himself, he casts darkness on a passing cat's collar and laughs at the ensuing comotion.
OOC: I believe Sin is not on the list, correct?

BtanH
2010-12-10, 01:59 PM
"Yep, thats everybody". Ok, lets move!"

He starts walking out of the town. The others follow him.

true_shinken
2010-12-10, 02:46 PM
Sin follows behind them, silently. He touches his chest softly and surrounds his body with a cloud of shadows. He keeps walking about 20ft behind the last one in the line, so as not to have his 'shadow aura' hamper their vision.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-10, 05:45 PM
Tristan casts a wary eye at the ominous beshadowed troublemaker that is following behind them.

CaCO3
2010-12-10, 11:38 PM
Corin blinks, and attempts to ignore the dark cloud of.. something that is following behind them.

BtanH
2010-12-12, 09:48 PM
Sorry, I thought I posted earlier. Sorry. Also, I will be away for the next 2 weeks after this one. Once again, sorry.

So, you arrive in a camp.
"This is one outpost. We will now break you into groups and give you tasks to test your skills."

You are grouped into one group (the 3 of you, sin is ignored) and told they had heard reports of some movement of supplies. They want to find them, and distrupt them in any way possible. They tell you where you can find the most plausible route for them to take. Its out on the other side of a forest (alternatly you can go around the forest, but you could get lost and it is slower so you might miss them).

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 01:14 AM
((it is to be expected with the holidays))

Tristan will head off on the recommended route.

true_shinken
2010-12-13, 09:23 AM
OOC: We could use this time for intra-party interaction.

As Tristan walks away, Sin calls for him. Wait. Why do you trust these people? Didn't they allow for all this to happen? Seems like a flawed leadership, at least to me.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 10:02 AM
"Is there some reason I shouldn't trust them? Tell me, voice from the darkness," he says, gesturing towards the inky blackness that presently surrounds Sin.

true_shinken
2010-12-13, 10:49 AM
OOC: It's an area of shadowy illumination, I believe you can recognize Sin just fine.

Think about it, Tristan. Why tests when you have people in danger? Wouldn't it be better to use your resources to directly confront the threat? And remember - they actually expected us to break into their armory. Isn't that at least weird?

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 03:56 PM
ooc: of course he can make out it is you. with an 80% certainty, I'm sure ;)

"I'm not a leader of men, how can I try and judge what is good and what is bad leadership? As long as I get to help people by the day's end, what else matters?"

true_shinken
2010-12-13, 04:51 PM
Sin pauses for a second, as if he never considered that avenue of thought.
Maybe... he pauses mid sentence, looks away then back at Tristan. Maybe you are just better man than I am.

Jupies
2010-12-13, 06:01 PM
Edward chuckles grimly, joining their conversation for a moment.
There's no absolutes in morality. Everyone is going to make mistakes eventually, and I'm sure you're as 'good' a man as Tristan is. After all, you are here in the end to help up fight, aye?

true_shinken
2010-12-13, 06:22 PM
Sin stays silently while Edward aproaches and hears with words patiently. I'm not sure why exactly I'm here. But it's mostly because of myself. I don't help others because they need help. I help others because it makes me feel better about myself.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-13, 08:40 PM
"No moral absolutes? Don't be rediculous. All it takes is the right spell to find out if you are a good person or not. Of course, most people that are good people know that they are good people. Just like evil people know that they are evil, because plucky young heroes keep going up to them to let them know. Very considerate of them if you think about it. After all, a person can change, but the first step in not being evil is admitting that you have a problem," Tristan rambles on in a very light hearted and naive fashion.

Jupies
2010-12-14, 02:19 AM
Fair enough retorts the metal man.
But I'm sure you know many a cautionary tale against zealotry, as a fellow bard. They are, after all, common enough.
He sighs profoundly, watching as the rest of the contingent hurries along.
But we should hurry if we are to remain at their pace.

CaCO3
2010-12-14, 07:16 AM
Corin remains silent, as he has nothing useful to add to the conversation.

"I just smash things." He mutters to himself.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-14, 11:47 AM
Fair enough retorts the metal man.
But I'm sure you know many a cautionary tale against zealotry, as a fellow bard. They are, after all, common enough.
He sighs profoundly, watching as the rest of the contingent hurries along.
But we should hurry if we are to remain at their pace.

ooc: I think at this point it is the 4 of us on our own, heading towards/through the forest to our ambush point.

IC:

"Absolutely I do. I heard one about this paladin who fell from grace due to her misguided zealotry driving her to murder her own king."

Jupies
2010-12-14, 06:26 PM
Exactly! I'm simply offering my two copper on the matter. As for you, Corin, sometimes, the best solution IS just to smash stuff.
Edward indicates his mace jovially.

BtanH
2010-12-15, 12:26 AM
ooc: I think at this point it is the 4 of us on our own, heading towards/through the forest to our ambush point.

IC:

"Absolutely I do. I heard one about this paladin who fell from grace due to her misguided zealotry driving her to murder her own king."

:P I was totaly thinking this.

So... more conversation? Thats fine.

true_shinken
2010-12-15, 03:09 PM
Sin smiles half-heartedly at his companions' humor as he follows them. He keeps to himself.

BtanH
2010-12-23, 03:21 PM
Ok, so you arrive at the road. You can see the caravan coming. There are about 6 people guarding it. It is still an hour or so away. The trees around you are pretty tight, and would offer good cover. They haven't seen you yet.

Make any checks you want.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-23, 04:35 PM
Tristan will take cover behind the trees, and try to get a better look at the caravan guards (race, gear, disposition, size categories?).

BtanH
2010-12-23, 07:23 PM
Tristan will take cover behind the trees, and try to get a better look at the caravan guards (race, gear, disposition, size categories?).

Ok, roll the dice please.

true_shinken
2010-12-23, 09:38 PM
Sin touches a runic tattoo on his arm. His whole body seems to fade deeper into the shadows. [standard action -> activate psionic tattoo of camouflage, +10 to Hide]
He then moves forward aproaching the enemy, while he keeps hidden. [swift action -> gain hide in plain sight. move action -> move forward while hiding, -10 for movement, +10 from camouflage]
Hide: [roll0]

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-23, 11:22 PM
I need to roll to get a better description than "6 people"? If I can see them, I should be able to tell if they are mounted or not and where they are in relation to each other and the wagon.

Hide:
Spot: [rolll]1d20-1

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-23, 11:24 PM
Lets try that spot again: [roll0]

BtanH
2010-12-24, 09:51 AM
Lets try that spot again: [roll0]

They are pretty far away. Like really far.
No mounted though. Sorry. They are around the wagon (sides).

Jupies
2010-12-29, 05:14 PM
Edward, understanding any attempt to shuffle forth undetected would be futile, instead starts and immediately stops a bassline on his axe, the sound so thick it even seems to be felt by those nearby, lifting and inspiring.
As he drags his metal fingers up away from the strings, the sound continues magically onwards.

1 use of bardic music for inspire courage, resonating greataxe continues the song after I stop.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-30, 01:59 AM
Tristan attempts to speak as his metal friend begins his performance, cutting him off slightly "-in a frontal assault, while you sneaky folks circle around."

With that, he pulls his longbow and begins to move forward towards the enemy in a more or less straight line, although taking cover when available (not for stealth, but for cover purposes), until he is within ~300 feet. That is when the rolling of initiative and the firing of arrows will likely take place, on his part at least.

Jupies
2010-12-30, 02:26 AM
Edward chuckles grimly
Bards like us leading the assault. An oddity, to be sure.

BtanH
2010-12-30, 12:56 PM
Skjaldbakka - When you get closer you see that there are 6 gnolls around the wagon. Two of them are mounted (the ones in the back). They are all medium sized.

CaCO3
2010-12-30, 03:50 PM
Corin nods with approval at Tristan's suggestion. "I shall accompany you, Tristan, if you do not mind." With this, he forms his soul weapon into a light crossbow, and follows after the Bard, weapon in hand. If the enemies ever close to a distance of 100 ft or less, the weapon will be changed to a sling.

true_shinken
2010-12-30, 05:02 PM
OOC: I'm confused. How far from them are we?
OOC2: Nevermind, found it. I'll just make Sin's actions when they are a lot closer instead of now.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-31, 12:30 AM
Once he is within 300 feet, Tristan will find the nearest source of cover (if there is any) and begin firing upon the mounts of the two gnolls.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Attack:
[roll1] (includes -4 for range penalties at ~300ft)
Damage:
[roll2]

Manuevers:
[roll3]
[roll4]

1 Vanguard Strike
2 Leading the Attack
3 Crusader's Strike
4 Douse the Flames
5 Stone Bones

Wow, nat one on initiative and to attack... must have run into the tree and dropped my arrow instead of firing it... current manuevers are Leading the Attack and Crusader's Strike, and currently in Lead the Charge stance, so any ally within 60 ft has +2 damage when charging.

As a matter of fact, I am going to say that he tripped on a root as he was beginning to fire, and drop prone as a free action.

BtanH
2010-12-31, 10:32 AM
Ok. You miss. They haven't noticed you yet.

Skjaldbakka
2010-12-31, 07:38 PM
Other people will probably want to act as well but... Tristan determines that was a lousy spot to fire from, stands up, dusts himself off as a free action, and moves forward another 80 feet before he tries to fire again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

CaCO3
2011-01-01, 08:53 AM
Corin fires his lasers crossbow.

[roll0] Roland! 'itiative.
[roll1] Crossbow attack!
[roll2] Damage!

Edit: Ahem. Okay.

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-01, 12:52 PM
ooc: you need to roll to confirm your critical hit, and then you don't do double damage (1d8x2), you deal double damage (2d8). unless we are using a house rule on that.

Critical Hits
When you make an attack roll and get a natural 20 (the d20 shows 20), you hit regardless of your target’s Armor Class, and you have scored a threat. The hit might be a critical hit (or "crit"). To find out if it’s a critical hit, you immediately make a critical roll—another attack roll with all the same modifiers as the attack roll you just made. If the critical roll also results in a hit against the target’s AC, your original hit is a critical hit. (The critical roll just needs to hit to give you a crit. It doesn’t need to come up 20 again.) If the critical roll is a miss, then your hit is just a regular hit.

A critical hit means that you roll your damage more than once, with all your usual bonuses, and add the rolls together. Unless otherwise specified, the threat range for a critical hit on an attack roll is 20, and the multiplier is ×2.

Exception: Extra damage dice over and above a weapon’s normal damage is not multiplied when you score a critical hit.

Increased Threat Range
Sometimes your threat range is greater than 20. That is, you can score a threat on a lower number. In such cases, a roll of lower than 20 is not an automatic hit. Any attack roll that doesn’t result in a hit is not a threat.

Increased Critical Multiplier
Some weapons deal better than double damage on a critical hit.

Spells and Critical Hits
A spell that requires an attack roll can score a critical hit. A spell attack that requires no attack roll cannot score a critical hit.

CaCO3
2011-01-01, 01:18 PM
OOC: [roll0] Confirmation?
[roll1] Damage.

BtanH
2011-01-02, 06:53 PM
Tristan hits the mount of one of the gnolls.
CaCO3 Hits... something. Not criticaly.

So, what I see as having happened here, is, surprise round is up, 6 gnolls have seen you three (CaCO3, Jupies, Skjald) and stuff. You are roughly 200 feet away.

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-02, 07:50 PM
Given Tristan's initiative and the movement rate of mounted combatants, I can't really declare my action until the gnolls... act.

Jupies
2011-01-02, 08:22 PM
OOC:

There was a given surprise round.

Edward simply moves into clearer view, allowing his menacing figure to do the talking for him.

30 feet forwards, readying an action to smash anything that comes within striking range

true_shinken
2011-01-03, 05:15 PM
OOC: I take it Sin is hidden and gets a surprise round on everyone?

BtanH
2011-01-03, 05:52 PM
You are hidden. You have a surprise round.

true_shinken
2011-01-04, 09:26 PM
Sin attaks one of the gnolls with a blast of eldritch energy and then slides back into the shadows.
I'm sniping. I take a -20 modifier to Hide (included, also including the bonus from the psionic tattoo), but since I'm 60ft away they take -6 to Spot as well, so I guess I have somewhat of a chance. I believe they won't know from where the shot came, though the rules are vague here.
Also, about the attack - it's a touch attack and they are flat-footed, so I believe only deflection and luck bonus would count, or a Monk's AC bonus, unless they have uncanny dodge
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1]
If Crit -> confirmation roll [roll2] extra damage [roll3]
Hide [roll4]

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-04, 09:37 PM
ooc: How could they not know where the shot came from? eldritch blast isn't invisble, attacking with it is a line pointing right where you are for a brief moment. This is why your Hide check is at a -20, but even if they fail, they'd still know 'it came from that general direction'.

Jupies
2011-01-04, 09:54 PM
That's just how the mechanics work. Sometimes, if they have a really good hiding spot, a sniper is impossible to see. Like, say you're playing paintball, and some guy gets you between the shoulderblades. You might look behind you and up slightly, but just because you know he's there, doesn't mean you'll know whether he's in the tree, or on the roof or anything, really.

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-04, 10:07 PM
Except that isn't how the mechanics work. I'm not saying he shouldn't get his hide check, I'm saying it is unreasonable to expect that the gnolls won't know the shot came from their 3 o'clock.

CaCO3
2011-01-05, 09:23 AM
So basically you guys mean that the gnolls should know that someone shot them from that general direction, but they don't know where Sin is specifically. Seems reasonable.

true_shinken
2011-01-05, 02:47 PM
So basically you guys mean that the gnolls should know that someone shot them from that general direction, but they don't know where Sin is specifically. Seems reasonable.

That's what I meant as well.

BtanH
2011-01-06, 10:19 AM
Ok, so you missed. Has everyone taken their surprise round? I'll need Initiative now (If you already rolled, please re-post it).

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-06, 10:42 AM
My initiative is a 3.

CaCO3
2011-01-06, 06:29 PM
Mine is 16.

Jupies
2011-01-06, 07:14 PM
[roll0]
There.

true_shinken
2011-01-06, 08:05 PM
[roll0]
There, initiative.
BtanH, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your descriptions. Corin hit "something"? Was it one of the gnolls? Are they not gnolls at all? Do we get Knowledge checks to identify them?

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-06, 11:04 PM
ooc: he didn't specify his target. that is why he said 'something'.

true_shinken
2011-01-06, 11:17 PM
OOC: Well, if it was not a crit, then it was compared to the AC of a creature, so I believe we should know what Corin hit, unless there is a reason behind it.

Skjaldbakka
2011-01-06, 11:59 PM
I strongly suspect the gnolls have the same AC, but agree that a target should have been specified

BtanH
2011-01-10, 09:27 PM
I have no idea what Corin was trying to hit. Or which gnoll. So, I need clarification from him. Also, sorry for Inactivity, my subscription wasn't working.

CaCO3
2011-01-14, 02:26 AM
A gnoll that looks to be the leader.

BtanH
2011-01-14, 07:52 AM
CaCo3 and Jupies have a turn now.

Jupies
2011-01-16, 07:11 PM
Edward dashes forward, the battle music blaring from his axe as he cries out in harmony with it.
80 feet towards the gnolls, run action.

CaCO3
2011-01-19, 05:06 PM
Corin raises an eyebrow slightly, and forms his crossbow into a glaive, stepping lightly forward eight steps without any lost speed or wasted motion - a total of 40 ft, to be exact, walking in the direction that Edward was headed in.

BtanH
2011-01-20, 07:46 AM
Ok, you are now closer to them. The gnolls' turns begin now.orry for recent inactivity.

BtanH
2011-01-23, 03:32 PM
All the gnolls move towards you 80 feet. The mounted ones stay at the back. They are 140 feet from Jupies, 180 feet from CaCO3, 220 feet from skaljbakka, and 300 feet from True_shinken (please correct me if I am wrong).

true_shinken
2011-01-24, 06:16 AM
All the gnolls move towards you 80 feet. The mounted ones stay at the back. They are 140 feet from Jupies, 180 feet from CaCO3, 220 feet from skaljbakka, and 300 feet from True_shinken (please correct me if I am wrong).

I need to be at least 60ft from them to use eldritch blast.
Did we roll initiative yet?

BtanH
2011-01-24, 06:40 PM
I need to be at least 60ft from them to use eldritch blast.
Did we roll initiative yet?

i think so. You had like a 6 or something. Also, it is your turn, followed by skjaldbakka, then Jupies and CaCO3,

true_shinken
2011-01-25, 04:05 PM
OOC: BtanH, are you sure I missed that first shot? Very few bonuses count towards AC when you're flat-footed against a touch attack.
Sin fires another beam of energy, surrounded in shadows all the while.
If crit -> confirmation roll [roll2] extra damage [roll3]
Hide [Sniping; remeber they get -6 to Spot] [roll4]

BtanH
2011-01-25, 08:08 PM
OOC: BtanH, are you sure I missed that first shot? Very few bonuses count towards AC when you're flat-footed against a touch attack.
Sin fires another beam of energy, surrounded in shadows all the while.
If crit -> confirmation roll [roll2] extra damage [roll3]
Hide [Sniping; remeber they get -6 to Spot] [roll4]

Sorry, forgot it was a touch atack. You hit with both. I assume one nonmounted gnoll becomes seriously injured (from the first, and second). They dont see you.

Also, my apologies, you rolled a 16 for initiative. You get another action after Skjaldbakka's.

BtanH
2011-01-29, 09:15 PM
It is now skaljbakka's turn.

BtanH
2011-01-31, 08:04 PM
Oh. I just skjaldbakka isn't here/playing? Your turn Jupies/CaCO3. Then TrueShinken.

BtanH
2011-02-02, 06:49 PM
Ok, so is it safe to assume this is officialy dead? I apologize. I supposed I am better suited to DMing IRL. I don't have the patience required to make it work online. I apologize to all of you for wasting your time.

true_shinken
2011-02-03, 11:45 AM
Ok, so is it safe to assume this is officialy dead? I apologize. I supposed I am better suited to DMing IRL. I don't have the patience required to make it work online. I apologize to all of you for wasting your time.

I'm still up for the game if you want to continue, dude.

BtanH
2011-02-03, 01:15 PM
I'm still up for the game if you want to continue, dude.

Well, I am not a very good DM, and I don't really know how a 1 PC campaign would do. But I think this campaign will just fall apart if it goes much further, I didn't put enough thought and time into it's creation and I don't give enough details in my posts.

true_shinken
2011-02-03, 01:23 PM
Well, I am not a very good DM, and I don't really know how a 1 PC campaign would do. But I think this campaign will just fall apart if it goes much further, I didn't put enough thought and time into it's creation and I don't give enough details in my posts.
Well, I can't blame you if you want to stop, but the only way to improve as a DM is to DM.
Also, I don't think you' re a bad DM. You acknowledge your mistakes and work along with your players - that's the best quality there is to a DM, IMHO.

BtanH
2011-02-03, 02:02 PM
Well, I can't blame you if you want to stop, but the only way to improve as a DM is to DM.
Also, I don't think you' re a bad DM. You acknowledge your mistakes and work along with your players - that's the best quality there is to a DM, IMHO.

Thanks. I think Jupies is active, but his computer broke. :/
However, If we continue with me as DM, I think I should write a new plot. This story doesn't really work for 1 PC.

true_shinken
2011-02-03, 04:08 PM
Thanks. I think Jupies is active, but his computer broke. :/
However, If we continue with me as DM, I think I should write a new plot. This story doesn't really work for 1 PC.

You could try a new recruitment thread or something.

Jupies
2011-02-03, 04:20 PM
Hi, just posting to prove I exist.
Because my computer did break.

BtanH
2011-02-03, 04:33 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10298755#post10298755
New OOC thread