PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Warmage build and a few somewhat related questions

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-30, 03:43 PM
Ok for a game that will start tomorrow, I will try to play a warmage pseudogish.

The game starts at level 1 and hopefully will continue up to 20 and maybe even epic levels (according to the DM)

So I decided to make a gish, but since most gishes don't really hit their stride until levels 7 and up, I had to find a way to make a character than can pull it's weight till those levels, to that goal I decided to take warmage.

Now I am sure most of you will cry something along the lines of "Warmage Sucks", "if you want to blast be a Dragonfire Adept" "warmages can't gish", normally I would agree but I won't be using the CArc Warmage, but PID6's Warmage Rebuild (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8699451). Which while still blast focused, can work well as a gish.

My plan for now is Warmage 7/Abjurant Champion 5/Warmage +8

I am not sure on the race, but I was considering either Hobgoblin (houseruled to LA +0), Dragonwrought (yes it is allowed) Kobold, or Silverbrow human.

For now my feat plans are
1: Versatile Spellcasters
Human: Arcane Disciple (Hero Domain)
Flaw:... not really sure I am sure you can help me here ^_^U

and that brings us to my question.

Can I use versatile spellcaster to cast spells from the Arcane Disciple domain even if I don't have the neccesary wisdom score or have already cast it once?

Thanks in advance

Eloel
2010-10-30, 03:45 PM
Can I suggest Rainbow Servant, so you can actually get all Cleric buffs at some point?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-30, 03:46 PM
Yes, you can but I doub't the DM will agree with that, and besides I don't get the cleric buffs till level 17 (barring early entry which will definetly won't be allowed)

Urpriest
2010-10-30, 03:52 PM
Yes, you can but I doub't the DM will agree with that, and besides I don't get the cleric buffs till level 17 (barring early entry which will definetly won't be allowed)

And Hero Domain's giving you most of it anyway. Though I consider that somewhat cheesy, since IIRC Hero is a Shaman Domain, which is not the same mechanic as Cleric Domains.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-30, 03:56 PM
Till now I never really noticed that shaman domains were not the same as cleric domains....I'll have to check with my DM.

But assuming I can take them as cleric domains, will versatile spellcaster work?

Pechvarry
2010-10-31, 12:55 PM
Doing a quick once-over of that version of Warmage, I'm thinking I don't see the reason to even touch on Abjurant Champion. It's a pretty good gish as-is. And the maker would probably like feedback of a full build while you're at it. But if you're set on abjurant champion, I really don't see much reason for level 5. +1 AC when casting Shield and a class feature you won't use is about it.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-10-31, 10:28 PM
I am going Abjurant Champion to get the gold standard of 9th level spells and BAB +16...