PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] GLoG 61: Now with 100% More Goblins

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Morty
2010-10-30, 03:56 PM
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO or WATCHTOWER.[/SIZE]

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Nexus OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172852) and introduce yourself first. :smallsmile:

Our IC leaders:
President Emeritus: Happy Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
Acting President/Head of Pastoral Care: Quinn (player: Bushranger)
Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)

More positions open

OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything. :smallsmile:
IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:

Name:
Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
Profession:
Race:
How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
Any other important information:
Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
{table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
Main Lodge - Willow|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||
|Otaso|Hyozo
|Phoenix|KidKris
Cabin 1 - Oak|Jazirian,|KidKris|
A|
|Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
C|
Cabin 2 - Sycamore|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
A|
|Thierry|Snares|
B|
Cabin 3 - Redwood|Crodelus|Hyozo|
A|
Cabin 4 - Maple|Shania|Lex-Kat|
D|broken windows
Cabin 5 - Apple|||
A|Visitors Cabin|
Cabin 6 - Cherry|Marley|ThePhantom|
A|
|Kris|Introbulus|
B|
|Rose|Horngeek|
C|
|Butler?|Reinholdt|
D|
Cabin 7 - Chestnut|||
A|
Cabin 8 - Birch|||
A|
|||
B|
|Zamira, Shrike/Falcon|Horngeek, BR|
C|
Cabin 9 - Dogwood|Coma Nothing|Beans|
A|
|Vashal|Quinsar|
A|
|Yamako|iElf|
B|
Cabin 10 - Elm|||
A|
Cabin 11 - Denim|Rae|Rae Artemi|
A|Cabin is made of denim
|Emily|Lix Lorn|
B|
Infirmary - Cedar|Eko|Earl of Purple|
[/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 - Maple is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

New cabins can be added as the plot demands it. Here is a list of unused tree names:

Linden, Larch, Ash, Pine, Hickory, Poplar, Magnolia, Olive, Rowan, Fir, Spruce, Holly, Cottonwood, Cypress, Hemlock, Teak, Ebony, Pear, Fig, Date, Mahogany, Palm, Lime, Acadia, Gumbo Limbo…

Description of the new GLoG setting:
After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. :smallbiggrin: There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming. :smallfrown:

Surroundings:

South, by Neon Knight:
[Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
[Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
|_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
|__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

There is also a small living area in the back which includes a small kitchen and bedroom among a few other things.

Ghosts:

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
Vidalia|Lex-kat|Former member of old GLoG
Heather|Happyturtle|Drowned teenage girl
Jase|Happyturtle|teenage boy
[/table]

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33956942)

Attention villains:
Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0497.html) that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs :smallwink:), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:

Main lodge:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1464.jpg

GIANT slide:
http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/historical_4.jpg

The lake:

http://www.campgreenville.org/myimages/img_1545.jpg

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Nexus OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***

Morty
2010-10-30, 03:57 PM
[Kitchenette, thankfully not in the same Infirmary room as Tobiholt]

Jamie sighs as she notes incompatible deadtime schedules, then jumps up as the oven goes off, retreving the cookies!

Brinika sighs as well, but then cookies are retrieved. She hops up and down in excitement.

[Outside]

Meanwhile, Reelshka still kinda needs help in moving someone twice her size.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 04:07 PM
[Outside]

Rae is still unconscious and still 6'2 and 215ish pounds, so yeah, Reelshka probably could use some help. His mumbling is also becoming more frantic as his breathing becomes more irregular.

[Elm cabin]

This Rae's mumbling about the infirmary is also becoming more frantic as his breathing becomes more irregular.

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 04:44 PM
((Eep. Didn't realise the new thread was up. :smallredface: ))

Brinika sighs as well, but then cookies are retrieved. She hops up and down in excitement.

Jamie grins happily, and waits for the cookies to cool - then offers Brinika one.

"Careful, it's still kinda hot," she cautions...

((And, dragged off now. :smallsigh:))

Morty
2010-10-30, 04:58 PM
((Eep. Didn't realise the new thread was up. :smallredface: ))

Jamie grins happily, and waits for the cookies to cool - then offers Brinika one.

"Careful, it's still kinda hot," she cautions...

Oooh. Brinika tastes the curious new treat.

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 08:36 PM
[Kitchenette]

Jamie smiles and watches her reaction!

---

[Elm Cabin > Infirmary]

...Quinn, meanwhile, hurries Rae to the Infirmary for a full medical scan.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 10:19 PM
[Infirmary]

As one Rae enters the infirmary, he fades, and the other Rae's pulse quickens and his breathing becomes more regular. Oh, and it's entirely possible that the Rae that was already there is unclothed. It's actually quite likely.

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 10:27 PM
Presumably he'd be under a sheet, though.

...not pulled over his head! Just enough to be hospital-modest.

Quinn quirks an eyebrow, not having seen this particular brand of plot-cloning before. :smalltongue:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 10:53 PM
[Infirmary]

Sort of info-dump time!

If Quinn's examinations include magical energies, she will probably notice that Rae has two sources, both of which are pretty much tapped out. She may also notice that they don't appear to be entirely complete. Rae's body, you see, is still running on the laws of his own universe, and in his universe, any type of cloning will always split their energies and life force between them. If one uses all of their energy, they can draw on the energy of the others, but they can never use more than they actually have. Rae did, and now all three, well, two now, of him are unconscious, and he probably has barely enough energy for one of him to function right. So, yeah, he isn't waking up until the Rae outside is brought to the infirmary.

Quinn, of course, won't know any of this after the word complete.

horngeek
2010-10-30, 11:11 PM
[Main Lodge]

And somebody less

"...I walked right into that one, didn't I?"
Falcon chuckles, then turns serious.
"Alright then. What do I have to do while you do that voodoo that you do?"

"Well, I have some scanning devices back at the workshop..."

She grins. "So, I'll need you to come along. I have a good idea of how I'd do it, but I think I'd need to calibrate and build what I have in mind custom-made to your Exaltation."

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 11:14 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn, if she knows about the Rae outside, will bring him in.

...if she doesn't, she won't. :smalltongue:

...but she does indeed use Detect Magic!

And thus learns...well, that his energy isn't entirely complete.

---

[Cabin 8]]

"Oh, very well. I suppose I can follow along. You coming, Zamira dearest?" Falcon asks, standing.

And stretching. :smalleek::smallamused:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 11:17 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn, if she knows about the Rae outside, will bring him in.

...if she doesn't, she won't. :smalltongue:

...but she does indeed use Detect Magic!

And thus learns...well, that his energy isn't entirely complete.

((Well, Reelshka's been yelling for help with moving him for a while, it's entirely possible that Quinn heard that.))

horngeek
2010-10-30, 11:18 PM
Zamira nods. "Yeah, probably a good idea."

Karen walks out. "Okay, come over to my workshop when you're ready!"

ThirdEmperor
2010-10-30, 11:23 PM
Riv sits down and waits. What a madhouse, he was hoping for something.... Peacefull?

FireFox
2010-10-30, 11:31 PM
Then why does it feel like it went to Tobias? :smalltongue:
"Of course you do. What do you want?"

Actually, Toby does not look remotely capable of that manipulation, which he is usually so deft at, right now. Being sneaky would probably take too much energy. Well, I'd prefer some sort of fruity drink with plenty of alcohol, but I'd settle for juice. Toby shrugs and watches Reinholdt.

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 11:31 PM
((Oh. I thought that was the one in Elm. :smallredface:))

Quinn hurries out to try and help Reelshka pull Rae to the Infirmary!

She also knows not this 'peaceful' you speak of. :smalltongue:

---

Falcon grins at Zamira, winks, and reaches for her hand.

"So, no time like the present, eh?"

horngeek
2010-10-30, 11:32 PM
Zamira nods. "Yep."

She'll head to Karen's workshop! Seems she's appropriated one of the empty cabin rooms for now...

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 11:37 PM
[infirmary]

When the last Rae enters the infirmary and fades, Rae's eyes open. He sits up, rubbing his head.

Ugh, why do I feel like I've been doing three times as much stuff for the past few hours than I should have been?

He looks at Emily.

Pun not intended.

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 11:38 PM
[Cabin ?]

And Falcon (with her standard sway...) heads there as well, looking around at the workshop as they enter.

[Infirmary]

"Perhaps, because it seems you have been?" Quinn asks, raising an eyebrow.

horngeek
2010-10-30, 11:40 PM
The workshop is... remarkably tidy. There's a set of plans on the table, her tools are all lined up. Karen's currently fiddling with a chair. "Okay, I'll need you to sit down on this, and flare your anima."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 11:42 PM
[Infirmary]

Rae stands up.

But that doesn't makes sense! I've never had duplication abilities before!

It is at this point that he realizes that he isn't wearing clothes. He blushes, and then waves his hands. Nothing happens. He keeps waving his hands, nothing keeps happening. He eventually just wraps a sheet around himself.

Well, that's odd...

The Bushranger
2010-10-30, 11:49 PM
[Infirmary]

Quinn just chuckles, and shakes her head, turning away. "Well, it seems you do now."

---

[Cabin Workshop]

"Alright. And...Zamira babe, you might want to look away. I won't mind."

Falcon sighs, taking a seat on the chair.

Then concentrating...

Her caste mark flares, blood running down her face from the edges, and her iconic anima, a stooping bird of prey with wings and talons outstretched, flares black against the sky.
<paraphrasing the original description from when she was 'converted'.>

Rae Artemi
2010-10-30, 11:55 PM
[Infirmary]

After wrapping himself in the sheet, Rae continues to wave his hands.

If this is going to happen every time I duplicate, I don't think I like that power very much.

horngeek
2010-10-30, 11:55 PM
Zamira doesn't look away. She knew approximately what to expect.

It still... hurts.

Karen sighs. "...damm Neverborn."

She looks at a screen on the back of the chair, as Old Realm script flickers across it. "Okay, got the readings. This should be very possible, now..."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:06 AM
"That easy?"Falcon raises an eyebrow as her anima slowly fades. "There's gotta be a catch."

---

"Better learn how to duplicate your clothes too then," Quinn says with a grin.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:13 AM
[Infirmary]

Rae's eyes open up as wide as they'll go.

Wait, what!? Were the other mes naked too!? Wait, no, only the one. The me that got here first must have been the real me, or something. And as for clothes, I haven't had to worry about those for seventeen years.

He stops waving his hands.

Though if this happens every time, I may want to keep some spares around.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 12:16 AM
"Oh, that's just the readings. To be honest, what I needed was your Essence signature, so I'd know approximately how to reverse it. It'd also need your permission for the flip to actually happen. It will take... quite a bit of work. I'll need to build the thing from scratch, and I need so much Orichalcum for this that it's bloody ridiculous. Jade, too, but just thinking about it... darn it. Thank Sol I have a powerful Hearthstone on me... because I think I'll need that one, and I'll need to ask Quinn to let me use the one that'll form off the Manse I'm designing on the island. This thing's going to need a bloody lot of Essence to work... and metaphysically, I'd prefer to do this under the light of the Daystar, not the Nexus' sun. Would probably make it a hell of a lot more certain, given I can't draw on dead primordals for this."

She looks at the pair. "...can I ask you guys to see if you can get the Orichalcum and Jade I need for this?"

She scribbles down two figures, and hands them over.

...:smalleek: That's a lot of Magic Materials.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:23 AM
[Infirmary]

"...probably a good idea, yes. Remember Toby's Motto: Be Prepared." Quinn chuckles.

---

[Workshop]

"...do it," Falcon says. "And...it's not going to leach power from other Hearthstones in the area? Beause I have one, but it's not for use. Under any circumstances."

Because it's Voice's.

...she then looks over the list.

:smalleek:

horngeek
2010-10-31, 12:25 AM
"Nope, it's not. Using a Hearthstone doesn't hurt it, if that's what you're worried about, but no, it wouldn't draw on any nearby Hearthstones. Just the ones in the settings.

...to be honest, I'm not sure where you're going to find all that. Jade... well, there's several possibilities, two talents of standard Realm Jade currency would be enough. Highly illegal in the Realm itself, but I don't really think any of us actually care about that. The Orichalcum... is a lot more difficult."

Especially given she needs about twice the amount as she does in Jade. :smalleek:

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:28 AM
[Infirmary]

Does that mean that I could get some popcorn off of him? Because it's been a while since I've had some good caramel corn.

Rae smiles.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:34 AM
"Well, I can think of a possibility or two...but...yeah. This is going to be hard to do," Falcon admits. Then grins. "But we can always steal it."

---

"You'd have to ask him, but I'm afraid he's kinda...out at the moment."

horngeek
2010-10-31, 12:35 AM
"Or find a way to get someone to give it to you... either way, you're probably going to have to go to Creation for this."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:38 AM
[Infirmary]

Rae quirks an eyebrow.

Out? He's laying right over there. He isn't even deadtimed.

He shrugs.

I was just making a little joke. I actually am a little hungry though.

((Deadtime, waking up relatively early tomorrow))

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:40 AM
(('night Rae))

[Workshop]

Falcon sighs. "Great. I was wanting to go to Anshu's, but it was pointed out there could be a duplicate of my Exalation there. And that could cause...bad things."

horngeek
2010-10-31, 12:43 AM
Karen raises an eyebrow. "...no idea what you're talking about. Alternate universes? Anyway... I know where there's a route to our Creation. Take that one, it'll pop you guys up just outside Harbourhead, and I know there's a Jade mine there. Might want to change clothing to fit in."

Snap. :smalltongue:

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:46 AM
"You are no fun at all," Falcon says, sticking her tongue out at Karen. "What, you mean I'd stand out if I went there looking like," ...standing up... "this?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 12:48 AM
"Yes. Both clothing and in terms of how you look anyway. And Harbourhead is no place to stand out, especially not now."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:51 AM
"...oh? What's been going on there?" Falcon asks, putting her hands on her hips.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:00 AM
"The fuse ran out on the firedust keg. It's turned into a battleground, with massive rebellion against the Realm. One of the Brides of Alhat Exalting as a Dawn Caste was all it needed."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 01:01 AM
"...ouch. Sounds like my kind of fun, though," Falcon chuckles. "So, when do we go?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:01 AM
"Whenever you're ready. I suggest you find some way to disguise yourself as a native."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 01:04 AM
"Well, I suppose we'll need to get to work on that, then, won't we? Since I doubt biting one of them will go over too well." Falcon chuckles.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:05 AM
Karen raises an eyebrow. "...biting?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 01:10 AM
"...I know Face-drinking Bite," Falcon explains.
...she assumes Karen knows what that is, and possibly assumes wrong.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:13 AM
:smallconfused: Continues. "I know what Abyssals are, but I'm not familiar with all their Charms."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 01:16 AM
"Basically, by drinking somebody's blood, I can assume an illusion of their apperance," Falcon says. "It's...how I was able to take over that airship."

((One more post tonight.))

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:20 AM
"Hmm. You'll have to find someone to imitate, then. Good luck."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 01:23 AM
"Thanks."[/coor]
Falcon then turns to Zamira.
[color=sienna]"Back to our room, then?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 01:25 AM
Zamira nods, and leads the way!

Zefir
2010-10-31, 05:34 AM
[Elm Cabin]

" Oh you said it need a Supernova to cut it off from you?"

Andy stops his attention to hit the thing.

"Well then I may have no chance. My arm is very strong but I think its not near a supernova. The one who collapsed may destroy it if he is alright again but until this we need to find a place to store it right?"

Andy prepar his hand and it falls down to the bottem than walking its way to the Ooze arm.

"Mrs. Quinn do you know a place where we can bring this thing?"

{(Sry for late post Yesterday was busy)}

Morty
2010-10-31, 08:32 AM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka is stting on a chair, breathing labourously.

[Kitchenette]

Brinika chews the cookie for a while. Hm. It's like nothing I've ever eaten before. But tasty! She announces happily.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 08:41 AM
Karen walks by, and looks at Reelshka in concern. "...are you all right?"

Morty
2010-10-31, 08:43 AM
Yes... it's just that dragging that man here was exhausting. I probably should've waited for help instead of trying to move someone twice my size by myself.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 08:46 AM
"Okay."

Karen nods. "What happened?"

Morty
2010-10-31, 08:47 AM
I don't know. He just sort of collapsed outside. Mrs. Druid has been talking to him and it seems it had to do with some magic he was using.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 08:49 AM
"Who was this?"

Morty
2010-10-31, 08:51 AM
His name's Rae, I think. I also think he might still be in the infirmary. Her player isn't sure, though.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 08:53 AM
Karen nods.

...then, because her player realises he needs sleep, she deadtimes. Sorry.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 10:17 AM
Emily, who has been dozing in a nearby chair, is suddenly hit by the knowledge that Rae has awoken.
"...RAE!" she squeals, tackleglomping him.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 10:45 AM
[Infirmary]

Rae is knocked backward onto his bed.

Well, hello there!

Rae hugs her back.

So, you wanna go find some clothes and get something to eat?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 11:58 AM
"Clothes?" she blinks, and notices he's wearing a sheet. "...hee."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:05 PM
[Infirmary]

Rae smiles.

And you're still wearing only a jacket, or hadn't you noticed.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 12:08 PM
Zamira nods, and leads the way!

[Infirmary]

Reelshka is stting on a chair, breathing labourously.

[Kitchenette]

Brinika chews the cookie for a while. Hm. It's like nothing I've ever eaten before. But tasty! She announces happily.

[Cabin 8]

And Falcon and Zamira head 'home'.

---

[Kitchenette]

"Awesome!" Jamie beams happily. "I knew you'd like them! I like cooking healther food too of course," she giggles.

---

[Infirmary]

Quinn, who probably assisted Reelshka the last bit of the way, takes her friend a glass of water, with a few drops of an energy potion* in it.

* you can call it Goblinade. :smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 12:13 PM
[Infirmary]

Rae smiles.

And you're still wearing only a jacket, or hadn't you noticed.
She blinks.
"...huh... are clothes mandatory around here? Just to check?" she asks.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:22 PM
[Infirmary]

As far as I can tell, yes, they are mandatory.

He turns to Quinn.

So, can I borrow this sheet for a while?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 12:24 PM
"Shame." she grinned. She summoned clothing from the air with a spark of mana.

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:33 PM
[Infirmary]

Oh, you can do that? You think you could make some for me? My denimancy isn't working, for whatever reason.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 12:37 PM
She frowns, forming some more clothes with magic. They're denim, although nonmagical. "Sure... why do you think you've lost it..?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:43 PM
Rae takes the clothes and puts them on.

It either has something to do with my newly acquired duplication powers, or I used up way too much energy. Either way, I should be fine in a day or two. But, anyway, food?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 12:46 PM
"Oh, okay." she nods. "Sure, where d'ya wanna go?"

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 12:52 PM
Rae shrugs.

I dunno. You've been here longer than I have. Why don't we just explore and see if we can find some place?

Lix Lorn
2010-10-31, 12:57 PM
"I have?" she asks. "Well, we can try."

Rae Artemi
2010-10-31, 01:02 PM
Alrighty then!

To Inside! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174052)

FireFox
2010-10-31, 01:38 PM
Actually, Toby does not look remotely capable of that manipulation, which he is usually so deft at, right now. Being sneaky would probably take too much energy. Well, I'd prefer some sort of fruity drink with plenty of alcohol, but I'd settle for juice. Toby shrugs and watches Reinholdt.

Toby is undeadtimed for a few hours before his player has to prep for the final performance of his play.

Murkus
2010-10-31, 01:50 PM
'Fred' the vampire is wandering around camp, holding a large black umbrella above his head to avoid roasting.

Morty
2010-10-31, 02:59 PM
"Awesome!" Jamie beams happily. "I knew you'd like them! I like cooking healther food too of course," she giggles.

Cookies aren't healthy? Reelshka is surprised.

'Fred' the vampire is wandering around camp, holding a large black umbrella above his head to avoid roasting.

Having accepted the Goblinade from Quinn, Reelshka walks outside and notices the vampire. Oh, hello. You're... Fred the vampire, right?

Murkus
2010-10-31, 03:09 PM
Cookies aren't healthy? Reelshka is surprised.

Having accepted the Goblinade from Quinn, Reelshka walks outside and notices the vampire. Oh, hello. You're... Fred the vampire, right?

"Yeah." He smiles placidly. "I think we've met, actually."

Morty
2010-10-31, 03:28 PM
Yes, we have. I see you're still having troubles with the sun. I used to have the same problem.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 03:28 PM

I more meant having Reinholdt serve Tobias drinks. :smalltongue:

"Be right back."
Reinholdt doesn't know much about brewing up alcoholic drinks, so just comes back with grape juice and some left-over rum that was sitting in the kitchen.
"Here you go."

FireFox
2010-10-31, 03:32 PM
And I meant that getting Rein to serve him drinks while making the cat think he won the argument is something Toby would usually do... but he currently seems too... out of it for that level of duplicity. :smalltongue:

Toby, who has arrived at the conclusion that making his head more foggy than it already is would be a Bad Thing, just drinks the juice. Thanks.

Murkus
2010-10-31, 03:34 PM
Fred quirks a brow, steadying his umbrella. "You caught fire in sunlight? Really?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 03:34 PM
"No problem."
Reinholdt looks around.
The two of them. In a cabin. For days on end while a deadtimed Quinn looks for a deadtimed Tony. Not alone in the least and with nothing to do.
Yup.
"Wanna play Monopoly?"

FireFox
2010-10-31, 03:39 PM
Eh, no thanks. Toby doesn't feel like he could concentrate on the game, and damned if he was going to lose to Rein. Why don't we just talk?

Morty
2010-10-31, 03:40 PM
Fred quirks a brow, steadying his umbrella. "You caught fire in sunlight? Really?"

Well, no. But I reacted rather badly to it. Had to wear a hood so as not to be blinded until I got used to it.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 03:42 PM
Eh, no thanks. Toby doesn't feel like he could concentrate on the game, and damned if he was going to lose to Rein. Why don't we just talk?

Oh yes. Monopoly requires so much concentration. :smalltongue:
Poor competitive Toby.
"Sure. I can talk. I know lots about talking." Like how to divert from talking about things sometimes.
"How's Jamie been?"

Murkus
2010-10-31, 03:43 PM
"Did you used to live underground or something?"

He obviously knows nothing about goblins.

FireFox
2010-10-31, 03:45 PM
Hey, there's strategy involved! :smalltongue:

Jamie's been great. She's still not happy with being grounded, but she's been finding lots of mischief to get into around here.

Morty
2010-10-31, 03:47 PM
Reelshka appears somewhat surprised by the question. Why yes, of course. All goblins live underground. We don't have much light down there, and we don't need it.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 03:49 PM
Hey, there's strategy involved! :smalltongue:

Jamie's been great. She's still not happy with being grounded, but she's been finding lots of mischief to get into around here.
This is true. But most people fail to see that! I am impressed.

"Grounded? What for?"

FireFox
2010-10-31, 03:52 PM
There's strategy in everything, but usually when I try to point this out, people tell me to chill. But Toby is incapable of strategerizing right now.

Oh, she went out with her friends and got into the middle of the last apocalypse. He rolls his eyes. She doesn't quite get that she isn't powerful enough to always take care of herself, so she frequently rushes headlong into danger.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 03:53 PM
Zamira looks at Shrike. "So, anything you want to do before we go?

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 03:55 PM
There's strategy in everything, but usually when I try to point this out, people tell me to chill. But Toby is incapable of strategerizing right now.

Oh, she went out with her friends and got into the middle of the last apocalypse. He rolls his eyes. She doesn't quite get that she isn't powerful enough to always take care of herself, so she frequently rushes headlong into danger.

"Oh. Yeah. That's pretty silly."
Reinholdt coughs at this point. Cause... well... that's pretty much exactly what he does too.
>>
"That reminds me of something I intended to ask you."

FireFox
2010-10-31, 04:00 PM
The Druid looks at him curiously. Should I be worried?

Murkus
2010-10-31, 04:04 PM
Reelshka appears somewhat surprised by the question. Why yes, of course. All goblins live underground. We don't have much light down there, and we don't need it.

"Oh. Goblins. Right. Well, you've adapted pretty well." Flint ponders a moment. "Aren't you kind of worried you've adapted too much? Like, what if you go back to your caves and can't see proper?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:06 PM
The Druid looks at him curiously. Should I be worried?

"I dunno." Maybe.
Reinholdt shrugs.
"You've killed gods right? Several?"

Morty
2010-10-31, 04:08 PM
"Oh. Goblins. Right. Well, you've adapted pretty well." Flint ponders a moment. "Aren't you kind of worried you've adapted too much? Like, what if you go back to your caves and can't see proper?"

Reelshka is silent for a while. Sometimes, yes. That's why I try to spend at least some time underground, somewhere with no light or both every day. Most goblins who leave their caves do it, although some also have religious reasons for it.

FireFox
2010-10-31, 04:08 PM
Toby nods. Yeah. Or at least physical avatars of several. It's kind of hard to kill personifications permenantly.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:11 PM
Toby nods. Yeah. Or at least physical avatars of several. It's kind of hard to kill personifications permenantly.

Reinholdt nods. Probably true. Though those physical avatars still screw with the mortal coil in ways that should not be.

Reinholdt pops the question!
"Then could you train me?"

FireFox
2010-10-31, 04:12 PM
Toby tries to figure out just what he means. What, to kill Gods? Or to be a Druid and have enough power to throw fire at Gods until they die?

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:14 PM
"In general. The former foremost, but I'll take what I can get." If that means being a druid, so be it. "Whatever you can teach me, I want to learn."

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:16 PM
{{Where is Tobias?}}

FireFox
2010-10-31, 04:17 PM
Oh. Well, this is going to be difficult, especially with his head all muddied up. Well, once you have enough power to actually be able to deal a deathblow, it just becomes as easy as fighting any other opponent. Trick them and leave your intentions opaque, dodge their attacks, and hit them where they are weakest. He shrugs. The hard part is being powerful. It took me decades to reach the level where I could only kill a God after cheating like a bastard. I'm pretty sure he's still at that level.

Toby is lying on an infirmary bed.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:20 PM
{{Where is Tobias?}}
Infirmary.

Oh. Well, this is going to be difficult, especially with his head all muddied up. Well, once you have enough power to actually be able to deal a deathblow, it just becomes as easy as fighting any other opponent. Trick them and leave your intentions opaque, dodge their attacks, and hit them where they are weakest. He shrugs. The hard part is being powerful. It took me decades to reach the level where I could only kill a God after cheating like a bastard. I'm pretty sure he's still at that level.

Toby is lying on an infirmary bed.
"I see." Reinholdt doesn't expect him to do it right now! "I was hoping there was some sort of secret or something. Drats. Still... I can't imagine I'm decades away. I do already have some training. But I won't feel bad if you'd still rather not. I can only imagine it would be quite the devotion of energy and time." And Tobias has a family to care for.

Murkus
2010-10-31, 04:21 PM
Reelshka is silent for a while. Sometimes, yes. That's why I try to spend at least some time underground, somewhere with no light or both every day. Most goblins who leave their caves do it, although some also have religious reasons for it.

"No light. Sounds like a good deal to me, these days." He looks at her curiously. "Gotta get homesick at times, though, right?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:22 PM
{{Ah.}}

Rose walks in, holding her arm, which seems to be bleeding a bit. "Damm those guys... seems they're not that willing to let go of me, huh."

She looks at Tobias. "Where are the bandages?"

Morty
2010-10-31, 04:23 PM
"No light. Sounds like a good deal to me, these days." He looks at her curiously. "Gotta get homesick at times, though, right?"

Somewhat, yes. Reelshka rubs her ears. I do miss the caves. But I don't miss the atmosphere and customs, if you know what I mean.

FireFox
2010-10-31, 04:25 PM
No, I'll teach you. I'm just not that certain what I can teach you.
He gestures over to a drawer containing bandages of all shapes and sizes, then deadtimes for the night.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:26 PM
Rose nods in gratitude, heads over, and starts bandaging her arm.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:28 PM
Reinholdt nods. "Well, no rush. Gotta get you better first anyways."

He turns to watch Rose quietly.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:30 PM
She mutters as she keeps bandaging. "So, the First and Forsaken Lion isn't happy about me leaving. I bloody knew that already, but I didn't know he was going to send his Abyssals after me..."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:33 PM
Reinholdt lets out a nearly inaudible groan and preoccupies himself by looking at his feet. Oh hi feet. There you are.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:35 PM
Rose looks over at him. "What is it?"

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:38 PM
"Nothing at all. I didn't hear you say anything, so you have no reason to say anything more about things I can't possibly do anything in time about anyways. So I won't waste my time trying to save thousands of people who will die regardless. So there's nothing else to say because there's nothing to be done about something I heard nothing about." Reinholdt stares at his feet.

Murkus
2010-10-31, 04:41 PM
Somewhat, yes. Reelshka rubs her ears. I do miss the caves. But I don't miss the atmosphere and customs, if you know what I mean.

"No, not really. What was so wrong with your home's customs?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:43 PM
Rose looks at him. "That guy, Ebon Mirror? I doubt he was really actually working for the Neverborn, since they specifically care about destroying Creation, since that's the Neverborn's Fetter.

So, no, Deathknights here doesn't mean thousands dying, since they're here for a very specific thing."

Morty
2010-10-31, 04:43 PM
"No, not really. What was so wrong with your home's customs?"

Reelshka snorts, indignant. Lots of things. First, many people insisted that as a woman, I should just marry, have lots of kids and sit in my ass my entire life. And that even if I don't, serious work isn't for me. And don't get me started on the priests and old cooks telling us how we ought to stick to our caves and not trust anyone from the surface, ever.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:47 PM
"I wouldn't know. I didn't hear anything about anything." Reinholdt nods. The Exalted were still beyond his league anyways as far as he was concerned and until either got the third piece of his rifle back from Neirian or got some more training, he's desperately trying not to end up with another quest on his plate dealing with them.
Don'tgetinvolveddon'tgetinvolveddon'tget...

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:48 PM
Rose looks at him. "If you don't to be involved, say so, but don't treat me like an idiot."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:51 PM
"Oh I'm sorry. Maybe next time you won't miss my first cluebat." :smallannoyed:
Reinholdt looks up at her now. He wasn't trying to treat her like an idiot, but now she's made him grumpy.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 04:52 PM
Rose sighs, and finishes bandaging up her arm.

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 04:59 PM
Reinholdt clenches his fists and shakes a little, mentally kicking himself. Even Neirian told him to stop doing so much. Finally, he sighs and releases his clench.

"What do they want? You?"

So much for that.

Murkus
2010-10-31, 05:03 PM
Reelshka snorts, indignant. Lots of things. First, many people insisted that as a woman, I should just marry, have lots of kids and sit in my ass my entire life. And that even if I don't, serious work isn't for me. And don't get me started on the priests and old cooks telling us how we ought to stick to our caves and not trust anyone from the surface, ever.

"Sounds like a real chore." Fred remarks, raising his umbrella a bit higher. "Your people were really that strict? Women in secondary roles, avoid the surface-dwellers? That sort of thing?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 05:03 PM
"...me back, specifically. Fortunately, I surprised them... think they expected me to still be an Abyssal."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 05:04 PM
"A former world-ender, huh? That's new." Reinholdt crosses his arms, suspicious.

Morty
2010-10-31, 05:07 PM
"Sounds like a real chore." Fred remarks, raising his umbrella a bit higher. "Your people were really that strict? Women in secondary roles, avoid the surface-dwellers? That sort of thing?"

Pretty much. She shakes her head. I was trying to resist it with some successes, but at one point I just got fed up and left with some other goblins.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 05:11 PM
"...I Exalted ten years ago, in the middle of a battle. Even though I knew how to fight... I still wasn't ready, emotionally. My teacher knew that, and had forbidden me from going to it. I went anyway.

...we lost. It was a slaughter, and I received a blade through my chest. In that moment... I heard a voice. 'Are you afraid? What would you do to keep living? Help return everything to peaceful quiet at my command?'

I was a fifteen-year old girl. Wasn't just afraid, I was terrified. So... I accepted. Not proud of it."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 05:17 PM
"So that's how Abyssals are made, huh? Why'd you leave though?" That's the part Reinholdt was more interested in. It was more telling.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 05:24 PM
"Yes. Ultimately, the Black Exaltation is reliant on the host accepting it, and it must happen at the point of death. Zamira's theorised that Abyssals Exalt from dying doing what Solars Exalt doing."

Rose sighs. "...it was less a matter of one specific reason and more a matter of a large number of reasons. I regretted my initial choice... but for a while, I didn't really know what options I had. About a year ago, however, I encountered several Lunar Exalted, and they helped me to break away from the Lion, and to revert my Exaltation back to its original state- that is, that of a Solar Exaltation. Seems the Lion isn't letting go that easily, though."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 05:44 PM
"Yes. Why did you regret your decision though? Wouldn't the world be better off in a state of non-existent bliss?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 05:48 PM
Rose shakes her head. "...no. Even if people wouldn't suffer, they wouldn't feel anything else, either. Not, ultimately, a fair trade in my opinion."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 05:51 PM
"Hmm..." Reinholdt considers.

"So why does he want you back so badly? Why not just kill you and be done with it, or at worst, ignore you?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 05:54 PM
"I destroyed the Monstrance that corresponded to my Exaltation. Even if I was still an Abyssal, he'd have to capture me, or he'd lose the Exaltation."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:01 PM
"Lose the Exaltation? Oh... right... limited number of you people. You know, there are plenty of perfectly skilled mortals he could use to fill the gaps. It wouldn't kill him." :smallannoyed:
Reinholdt's got about the same opinion as most people do in ACRO about Exalted by now. Arrogant jerks. Reinholdt blames Ashnu far more than Ebon Mirror for that whole incident.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 06:08 PM
"...still, he's not going to overlook me. Besides, at a certain level, it makes sense for the Neverborn to use their killers to kill everything else in Creation."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:10 PM
"What's it going to take to get him to stop?"
Since that's where all such quests of this nature must inevitably lead.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 06:12 PM
"...if we kill his hunters, he'd probably accept that getting back my Exaltation just isn't worth it."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:14 PM
"Do you take a three second dot dot dot pause at the start of EVERY statement you make?" :smallannoyed:
It's starting to get on Reinholdt's nerves! There wasn't even a reason this last time!

"Who are his hunters and how many and how do you kill them?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 06:27 PM
{{Gah. I overuse those. >.<}}

"Well, there are two of them that I saw. Silent Endings in the Darkness, a Day Caste- focuses on stealth- and the Watcher in Shadows, a Moonshadow Caste- he's an absolute menace around anything thrown if you engage him in combat. He's also very tricky with words..."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:36 PM
"Moving it to the end of your statements doesn't count!" :smallmad:
Reinholdt's player finds it quite funny and really doesn't mind.

"Hah! Words, I can handle. Stealth too." Combat, probably not. Reinholdt's very good... defensively. On the other hand, he did get his rifle back, so his offensive power just shot up tremendously.

"So... these day and night things? Does that mean they aren't abyssal or that they have to be killed during their corresponding times?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 06:41 PM
"No. Solar Exalted can each be placed into one of five Castes, which roughly tells you what they're good at. Dawn are the warriors, Zeniths the priests, Twilights are scientists and sorcerors, Night are those who are good at stealth, and Eclipses are diplomats. Abyssals are basically flipped Solar Exalted, so they have five castes as well, but the names are essentially the opposite part of the day. Dusk instead of Dawn, Midnight instead of Zenith, Daybreak instead of Twilight, Day instead of Night and Moonshadow instead of Eclipse. We can be killed at any time- at the core, an Exalted is still human."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:47 PM
Reinholdt gives an insincere smile. "As human as I am." He looks human right now! A really, hawt, studly, human that's perhaps inhumanly above even those pretty Exalted.

Course it's all a lie. He's a cat as we all know. :smalltongue:

"You said, Dawn, and therefore Dusks are the warriors. If Moonshadow means diplomat, why is this... Watcher guy so tough in combat?" So many names to keep track of. @.@

horngeek
2010-10-31, 06:50 PM
"He's put effort into being able to fight. Most Exalted do, and underestimating... anyone, really, is a fatal mistake. He's not good up close or at extreme long ranges, however."

Reinholdt
2010-10-31, 06:58 PM
"Yes. I imagine he spent lifetimes learning." :smallannoyed:
Sarcasm! Does a body good!

Reinholdt sighs, starting to feel overwhelmed again. Two more Abyssals to be put down, Tobias, and his own Restitution to work on. "I wish I could help more, but I can't leave until Tobias is better."

horngeek
2010-10-31, 07:00 PM
"It's okay. I'll see if I can get someone to help anyway, I don't think I can do this on my own."

Rose nods, and starts to head out.

Recaiden
2010-10-31, 09:08 PM
Anchor drifts back to the campground, looknig around for Riv. Heard he was here once, and he might still be.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 09:24 PM
[Cabin 8]

Zamira looks at Shrike. "So, anything you want to do before we go?

"Oh, I could think of a few things..." Falcon says with a grin - as she goes to push Zamira back and onto the bed!

----

[Infirmary]

[Infirmary]

As far as I can tell, yes, they are mandatory.

He turns to Quinn.

So, can I borrow this sheet for a while?

Quinn would answer, but it seems the clothes problem has been fixed. :smalltongue:

So...this Quinn gets mauled by the vengeful ghost of continuity.

---

[Infirmary Kitchenette]

Cookies aren't healthy? Brinika is surprised.

"No. They're good and filling, but if you eat them constantly you'll get fat and lose your teeth.

...at least, that's what Mom tells me." Jamie grins, grabs another cookie, and heads to the window to peek out.

Anchor might or might not see her. Depends.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 09:29 PM
Zamira chuckles, as she is pushed!

----

Rose is still trying to get the bandages on her arm right.

Recaiden
2010-10-31, 09:29 PM
Anchor totally sees her, and slinks over there underground.
She pops up through the infirmary floor. "Hai Jamie!"

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 09:53 PM
((Gah, sorry for the delay. Got distracted.))

[Cabin 8]

Falcon wastes no time in flopping herself on top of Zamira and pulling the curtain. :smallamused:

---

[Infirmary Kitchenette]

Jamie eeps! And jumps!
Then grins happily.
"Hi Allie! I've missed you, how ya been?" she says, grinning, and - carefully - going to hug her friend! Ghost-touched-ly.

...yes, somehow she's missed her, despite their seeing each other every day at school.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 09:54 PM
C-c-curtained! :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-10-31, 09:56 PM
[Infirmary]

Anchor hugs Jamie tightly. "I've been great. I went around this city by the river, and to see my dead by the ocean, and so on. How have you been?"
No need to go into the details.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 10:07 PM
[Cabin 8]

For quite awhile, if Falcon has any say in the matter. :smallamused::smalltongue:

---

[Infirmary]

"That's awesome!" Jamie declares happily. "And I've been good too, although I kinda got grounded, but I'm still learing lots of things and meeting people and working on my powers and introducing Brinika to cookies!"

Jamie nods to the deadtimed goblin girl when she mentions Brinika, in a 'that's her' fashion.

Recaiden
2010-10-31, 10:08 PM
[Infirmary]

"What did you do to get grounded?"
((She'll find out when I undeadtime her. Good night.))

horngeek
2010-10-31, 10:09 PM
Eventually, however, the curtain rises.

With a very happy Zamira. :smallamused::smalltongue: "Mmmm..."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 10:16 PM
[Cabin 8]

"Mmm, you liked that didn't you, Lunar dear?" Falcon purrs, snuggling up to Zamira's back.

---

[Kitchenette]

"Sneaking off with Nimai and Mara to fight off the last apocalypse," Jamie answeres a bit sheepishly.

((Aw. Good night.))

horngeek
2010-10-31, 10:21 PM
Zamira nods. "Yeah, I did..."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 10:46 PM
"Goood," Falcon purrs. "That gives me a few ideas for next time..."

And she whispers (covered by the aural curtain) in Zamira's ear.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 10:48 PM
Zamira chuckles. "Sounds good to me..."

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 10:56 PM
Falcon chuckles. "Good. Now should we go off to find the wizard's materials, or not move for awhile?"

horngeek
2010-10-31, 10:58 PM
"Hmmm... we'd better get moving. Get you back to how you should be, right?"

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 11:19 PM
"I suppose."
Shrike chuckles, and gives Zamira a squeeze before rolling out of bed to get dressed.

horngeek
2010-10-31, 11:22 PM
Zamira also starts getting dressed!

{{Deadtime for about half an hour or so, though.}}

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 11:30 PM
Falcon makes a point of watching Zamira, intently. :smallamused:

((Might or might not be here. If not, 'night.))

FireFox
2010-10-31, 11:41 PM
Toby undeadtimes in the infirmary, and tries to get out of the bed. He has no real reason, other than a dislike of staying in one place for overly long.

The Bushranger
2010-10-31, 11:43 PM
Jamie, hearing movement, hurries over, and...

"Oh, no! Dad! What happened to you?"

Quinn is still In Search Of: Tony. :smalltongue:

horngeek
2010-11-01, 12:12 AM
Zamira, eventually, finishes getting dressed!

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 01:09 AM
Up the road comes an iron horse drawn buggy, driven by a Dwarf with a man in combat gear with a loaded P90 on his lap in the passenger seat.

Lo thanks the driver, and drops to the ground waving goodbye, and turns to look across the... what is this place? A summer camp? Thinking he's been had, but not having any better leads to go on he enters the camp.

"Hello? I was told I could find a doctor here!"

billtodamax
2010-11-01, 01:13 AM
Lo will probably see a dwarf, clothed in basic leather and cloth, coming out of a hole in the ground in the middle of camp. He has a pick-axe and a battle-axe on his back, and he dusts himself off and looks up at Lo as he asks for a doctor.

Well, the wife needs a bit of practice, but you probably want a qualified doctor, huh? The dwarf says, grinning under his bushy beard. Come on, there's an infirmary over this way. He says, motioning to the man. He eyes the man's P90, but puts it down as a crazy human device, and then ignores it.

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 01:19 AM
As Lo walks, he holds his left arm tight to his chest.

"Yes, qualified would be nice. I think my arm is broken and I don't know if I have a concussion or not. I probably do, as that's why they call them 'concussion grenades' though. "

((Deadtime for 15-20 min till I get home and get settled in. ))

billtodamax
2010-11-01, 01:25 AM
That's certainly a thing you just said. The dwarf says, nodding amiably. Goblins? They broke my arm once. He says, while walking towards the infirmary.

He sorta likes humans! They don't bring fifty bins of cloth and then look at you expectantly.

They'll probably reach the infirmary, where the resident doctor is deadtimed.

So, what brings you out here?

happyturtle
2010-11-01, 01:29 AM
There's an NPC nurse! Use her! That's what she's there for! :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-11-01, 01:31 AM
Ah yes! Of course!

Nurse Piper, a ghostly nurse who looks like this:
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d10/1026/f540261.png

Will start to set Lo's arm and do doctorly things to him, after glaring at the dwarf.

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 02:01 AM
He sets his gun on the bed next to where he is seated and takes off his helmet and combat armor.

"Hello there Ghost Nurse. I've taken a few blows to the head and this arm needs looking at. "

((Looks like everyone's asleep. I'll deadtime in recovery))

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-01, 12:37 PM
[Elm Cabin]

" Oh you said it need a Supernova to cut it off from you?"

Andy stops his attention to hit the thing.

"Well then I may have no chance. My arm is very strong but I think its not near a supernova. The one who collapsed may destroy it if he is alright again but until this we need to find a place to store it right?"

Andy prepar his hand and it falls down to the bottem than walking its way to the Ooze arm.

"Mrs. Quinn do you know a place where we can bring this thing?"

{(Sry for late post Yesterday was busy)}

(Sorry, missed this)

The hand..... Is completely unharmed by being hit, black ooze is well, oozing from it quite noticeably. I really think we're going to need something a bit more powerfull. Riv says dismally.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 01:11 PM
[Infirmary]

Toby eyes the deadtimed stranger warily, then stands by a window and looks out.

Zefir
2010-11-01, 01:12 PM
{I didn't attack it the hand was just walking near it.)}
"I know I just want to have some space between me and this when we take it to a save place."

The hand graps the ooze thing and Andy left the room.

"So do you know a save place here Mrs Quinn?."

Morty
2010-11-01, 02:01 PM
Reelshka is sitting on a bench in front of her cellar, doodling.

[Infirmary]

Brinika is peeking at Tobias from behind Jaime.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 03:31 PM
Reinholdt is leading Tony here! Probably!

He's headed towards the

[Infirmary]
In fact.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 03:34 PM
Once he recognizes that he's back in GLoG, Tony looks rather confused, but keeps following the cat.

Inside the infirmary, Toby spots the pair through the window and turns to see if where the Reinholdt that was just here went. Um...

Morty
2010-11-01, 03:36 PM
[Infirmary]

Birnika is still there, rather confused. Jaime is deadtimed and doesn't feel comfortable talking to her dad. So she stays in the back and tries to be inconspicuous.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 03:37 PM
Reinholdt that was just here? What Reinholdt. He slipped out while Tobias was sleeping with strict instructions to Nurse Piper to watch Tobias. Sneaky bastard. He's going to get away with it too, cause he got results.

[Infirmary]

Reinholdt opens the door and motions for Tony to step on in. "Right in here. After you."

FireFox
2010-11-01, 03:40 PM
Tony steps into the infirmary and looks around. Where is she?
Toby steps away from the window, hand resting on one of his knife handles. Where is who, Tony?

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 03:47 PM
[Infirmary]

Reinholdt steps in and closes the door behind him.
"The person in question is Tobias."

"Though, for the record, our initial assumption of it being you that's responsible seems to be incorrect. Unless you're a better actor than I thought."

Reinholdt shakes his head. "Sorry Tobias. Don't think Tony's behind this one. Brought him here anyways, just in case."

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 03:51 PM
[Infirmary]

Jamie, seeing Tony approaching, will beat a retreat the moment she undeadtimes, to the Kitchenette, trying to pull Brinika along with her.

[Outside]

Quinn, not having found Tony anywhere, happens to be approaching the campsite dejectedly...

[Elm Cabin (earlier in continuity)]

"Would the Holy blade of the Champion of a Goddess be enough to destroy it?" Quinn asks Riv and Andy.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 03:52 PM
The poor cleric looks completely baffled, the druid still suspicious. What? You mean... Toby, you've been passing out?

Well... even if he's not behind it, he was still here at some point, with my wife. I don't trust him. Let's just kill him and bury the body before Quinn gets back.

Morty
2010-11-01, 03:54 PM
[Infirmary]

Brinika is very happy to retreat to the Kitchenette. Something bad will happen there, won't it?

[Outside]

Reelshka is now standing in front of her cellar, having heard raised voices from the Infirmary and seen Reinholdt and Tony head there, although she doesn't recognize any of them.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 03:57 PM
Reinholdt sighs. "We're not going to kill him Tobias." Reinholdt tries to reason why. Well... from Reinholdt's understanding, Tony killed Tobias' first fiance and is now having an affair with Quinn...
"Well I'M not going to kill him anyways."

Now that Reinholdt thinks about it, how the heck did this guy make bishop anyways? :smallconfused:
Oh. Right. Evil gods.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:00 PM
Fair enough. Toby shrugs and draws his knife before lunging at the cleric. Who just pulls a wooden baton out from underneath his robes and deflects Toby's attack by hitting him in the arm. Would you knock it off? If something's wrong, let me help you!

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:00 PM
[Outside]

Quinn, spotting Reelshka peering in the direction of the Infirmary, raises her eyebrow and heads in her direction.
"Hey, something going on?"

---

[Infirmary Kitchenette]

"Um, maybe," Jamie says, closing the door to the rest of the Infirmary. "I hope not. But when Daddy meets a bad person, well, things can happen, yeah. Usually to the bad person. So it'll be alright."

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:03 PM
[Outside]

I'm not sure... Reelshka's ears perk up. But a cat and a man went to the infirmary and I hear raised voices... one of them seems to belong to your husband.

[Kitchenette]

Are those two people bad? Well, the talking cat probably was. Cats are mean.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:04 PM
[Infirmary]

"He may actually be able to help too. He did seem genuinely interested in the case." Reinholdt steps aside lest he get caught in the crossfire.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:08 PM
[Kitchenette]

"Um...I don't know about the cat-man," Jamie says with a shrug. "But the other man tried to take Dad away once. So..."

---

[Outside]

"...he wouldn't. Thanks, Reelshka," Quinn says - as she breaks into a trot torwards the Infirmary.

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:11 PM
[Kitchenette]

Oh. I guess he's a bad person, then. The simple world of a ten year old.

[Outside]

Reelshka follows Quinn after a moment of indecision. But hey - waltzing into deadly situations with reckless abandon seems to be her thing lately.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:11 PM
[Infirmary]

Toby backs off before he's hit again and glowers. No way, Rein. He'd just make it worse. That's what he does: mind altering magic... I should just kill him now.

The cleric sighs. Could someone please explain to me just what idiotic misconception he's harboring now?

horngeek
2010-11-01, 04:12 PM
Karen looks at Quinn. "...trouble?"

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 04:13 PM
LoVoltage sits up on the cot he had been sleeping on and his head spins. First looking for his weapon, then for the disturbance. He finds his P90 hanging from the foot of the bead on it's shoulder strap. He spends a moment deciding if it's worth getting up to find out what's going on. It may have been the blows to the head, or it may have been whatever he'd dosed himself with to get this far, but he had a screaming headache.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:14 PM
[Infirmary]

Reinholdt gives a frustrated groan.
"Yeah. Can't really blame you there. Mind-altering magic is... just... not something you want to go near. But SOMEONE'S already used mind altering magic on you. What else can we do? Not even Quinn had a clue." Reinholdt doesn't know if it's a misconception or not! Generally it's very dangerous to find out the hard way...

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:18 PM
[Infirmary, outside]

Quinn, hustling torwards the Infirmary, gives Karen a nod and a 'I can handle this' look, as she reaches the Infirmary door, and flings it open to head inside.

...being Quinn, more than likely somebody/something hits her at this moment...

---

[Kitchenette]

"Maybe. He seemed OK later though."

Jamie pauses, then grabs a chopstick off the kitchenette's counter, and transforms into Mikani!

Just in case.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:20 PM
The Druid suddenly feints and, when Tony tries to block with his baton, drives the blade into Tony's chest. And then Quinn walks in. ...Oops. That was bad timing on my part.

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:21 PM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka follows... grabbing a rock on her way. She intends to serve as a voice of reason, but you never know.

[Kitchenette]

Wow. Brinika has seen Jaime turn into Mikani before, but it's still impressive. Guess I'll just stay in the back, then.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:24 PM
[Infirmary]

Reinholdt is quite still at this point.
And very silent.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:26 PM
[Kitchenette]

"Yeah, and grab a rolling pin," Mikani says, trying to smile reassuringly. "I'm sure I'm just worried, though..."

---

[Infirmary]

And lo, Quinn walks in just in time to see Toby stabbing Tony.

"..."

She puts her hand over her mouth, in stunned surprise.

"...if he's dead he can't help you, Tobias!" is the best thing she can come up with...

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:29 PM
[Kitchenette]

Brinika nods and hefts a rolling pin!
Probably not the most intimidating sight you'll ever encounter.

[Infirmary]

Oh, my, is the only thing Reelshka can say.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:30 PM
Toby pulls the knife out and shrugs in fake apology. Then he looks at the blade and frowns. Hey, why isn't there any blood on- That's when Tony smashes his temple with the thick rod, dropping the Druid to the floor like a sack of potatoes. I'm wearing mail under my robes. An odd habit, but I'm glad it has paid off... He looks over at Quinn. For the record, he attacked me first, after this... man or cat thing brought me here.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:33 PM
"...for the record, I'm willing to give you the benifit of the doubt...[i]if you hand over that rod right now," Quinn snaps, rushing forwards to try and haul Toby up and into a medbed.

...while giving Tony the infodump on what she knows. :smalltongue:

---

[Kitchenette]

Mikani nods, having to giggle a little at Binika.

And peeps out through the doorway, open just a crack...

Gasping at what she sees.

:smalleek:

---

[Cabin 8]

Falcon is probably fully dressed by now, finally. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:34 PM
[Infirmary]

"I can neither confirm nor deny any and all implications relating to my involvement of this incident."
>>
<<
"Meow?" He's just a cute kitty! Look at those eyes! Could those eyes have done anything wrong?

horngeek
2010-11-01, 04:35 PM
Zamira chuckles. "Let's go, then."

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:36 PM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka sighs and throws the rock away. I'm not sure I even want to know what's going on and who those two people are.

[Kitchenette]

What happened?! Brinika asks, hopping up and down.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:37 PM
Tony obligingly hands over the polished oak baton, then easily lifts Toby up and onto the bed. Odd. I have never heard of any disease or disorder with those exact symptoms... Well, several of the children I deal with are hyperactive and unnable to focus on anything for very long... that certainly sounds like what you have described, but I can't imagine why he would be like that now, or why it makes him pass out...

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:42 PM
[Infirmary]

"Meow," Quinn says in a rather sarcastic 'yeah, I believe you' tone. :smalltongue:

"Did I mention the spark of divine magic that seems to be in his mind?" she adds to Tony as she puts an icepack on Toby's head.

...then looks over at Reelshka. "Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire and redemption-canididate apocakitteh," she says, pointing at the cat. "And the Bishop Tony Sciano. Tony, this is Reelshka. Say hello Tony."

---

[Kitchenette]

"I don't know. But I think something's wrong with Dad," Mikani says.

...maybe she should add 'Mistress of Understatement' to her list of titles.

horngeek
2010-11-01, 04:46 PM
Karen, at this point, enters the infirmary.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:47 PM
[Infirmary]

Reinholdt gives Quinn a funny look before rolling his eyes. "Redemption. Very funny. Haha." He believes that to be as much a possibility as Quinn believed him just now. As far as he's concerned, redemption is not a possibility for him.

He turns to Reelshka all the same. "We met before. Back when we were rescuing Phoenix. Granted, I was looking a bit more human then."

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 04:49 PM
LoVoltage hauls himself up and out of bed. He's got his left arm in a sling, and an angry red line over his left eye.

"Come on guys, this is a hospital isn't it? Could you keep it down?"

FireFox
2010-11-01, 04:49 PM
Tony bows to Reelshka in greeting, then turns back to his unconscious friend. Hm, so a cleric or a Deity must have cast a spell on him... which explains why you thought of me... Quinn, would you like me to do my own scan on his psyche?

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 04:53 PM
[Infirmary]

"This is the infirmary of the Good League of Good, and I am in charge here," Quinn says in answer to Lo. "So if I don't want to keep it down, it won't be kept down."

She's a bit on edge; after all, this is her husband unconsious in the bed...

"Do it," she finally snaps to Tony, after spending almost two minutes agonizing over the matter.

Zefir
2010-11-01, 04:53 PM

"Would the Holy blade of the Champion of a Goddess be enough to destroy it?" Quinn asks Riv and Andy.

[Elm Cabin]

"I think that sounds good lets give this a try. Lead the way Mrs. Quinn"
*Deadtime*

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 04:56 PM
LoVoltage hauls himself up and out of bed. He's got his left arm in a sling, and an angry red line over his left eye.

"Come on guys, this is a hospital isn't it? Could you keep it down?"
"It's also the busiest place on this base, so if you want peace and quiet, you should try visiting one of the abandoned cabins." Reinholdt speaks the truth!

And turns to Quinn. "Tobias was very much against Tony doing anything related to his head. Fear of memory manipulation and stuff along those lines." I would be afraid too. For all we know, we're all secretly Quinn's head puppets or something at this point.

Of course, Quinn probably already knows this. Seeing as how she spent a few minutes thinking about it.

Morty
2010-11-01, 04:57 PM
[Infirmary]

Reelshka nods back. Hello. She then lets Tony do her thing as she scurries over to the new person. Sorry about that, but we have a difficult situation here. Who are you?
She's a brown-skinned goblin woman with gray hair tied in a braid, wearing practical brown and green clothing and a stylish dark green hat.

[Kitchenette]

Brinika gasps in shock and scurries over to peek through the door as well.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 05:02 PM
I suspect that if Quinn was mentally controlling everyone, Toby and Reinholdt would have made out by now. :smallwink::smalltongue:

I swear by Nomos, my God of Binding Vows, that I will not "mess" with Tobias' head. He smiles slightly and mutters under his breath. But, if I had the power, I would like to make him less sadistic. Then, unless stopped, he takes hold of his holy symbol and starts chanting.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 05:02 PM

"Lead the way?"
Quinn chuckles.
"I'm afraid you misunderstood."

She draws her sword...

"I am Quinn Druid, wife of Tobias Druid, President of the Good League of Good, Champion of Neirian and godslayer."

---

meanwhile now...

[Infirmary]

Quinn merely nods to Reinholdt. "Dance, little puppets, dance! I know. But I'm the doctor, so it's Doctor's Orders.

Then...she waits. Shaking her head in slight bemusement at Tony's muttered comment.

And...with Reinholdt? Naaah. She's not that into yaoi. :smalltongue:

[Kitchenette]

Mikani frowns, but allows Brinika to peek out as well, as she watches, worriedly.

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-01, 05:08 PM
Maybe? I'm not sure it actually can be destroyed, I mean the supernove barely injured it. Riv says, shrugging.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 05:08 PM
[Infirmary]

Clearly Quinn would have genderbended one of them first.
With her MIND.

Reinholdt shakes his head, but does nothing and waits for the results.

horngeek
2010-11-01, 05:09 PM
[Cabin 8]

Falcon is probably fully dressed by now, finally. :smalltongue:

Zamira looks at her, also fully dressed. "Let's go, then."

Murkus
2010-11-01, 05:13 PM
Pretty much. She shakes her head. I was trying to resist it with some successes, but at one point I just got fed up and left with some other goblins.

"When you can't beat em', leave em'. Sounds like a plan to me." Fred smiles charitably, steadying his umbrella again.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 05:15 PM
[Elm Cabin]

"Supernovas aren't Holy," Quinn points out. "Shall I give it a go?"

---

[Infirmary]

...probably Tobias. :smalleek::smalltongue:

Quinn watches.

---

[Cabin 8]

Falcon chuckles, reaches for Zamira's hand, and gives it a squeeze.
"Well, then, let us be off. Lead the way, Lunar."

---

BR-the-player deadtimes to feed the mutt.

horngeek
2010-11-01, 05:17 PM
Zamira leads the way!

FireFox
2010-11-01, 05:23 PM
Hm... Tony is visibly straining under the power of his spell. Yes, something has taken away his ability to focus and to concentrate... but I can't imagine why. Oh. That's clever.

Then he convulses and starts to collapse!

The people standing near the cleric may feel a sudden surge of powerful influence, but this time it's demonic in nature, not divine.
I think it might remind Rein of the whispers he heard during the last apocalypse Inside, or maybe of his star... That sort of effect, but directed only at Tony.

Morty
2010-11-01, 05:24 PM
"When you can't beat em', leave em'. Sounds like a plan to me." Fred smiles charitably, steadying his umbrella again.

Reelshka's continuity clone outside responds: True enough. Fighting agains a thousand of years of prejudice isn't easy. She sighs. But enough about me. Are you liking it here?

horngeek
2010-11-01, 05:24 PM
Karen closes her eyes and opens them again... and is now capable of seeing magical energies.

She has a look at Tony and Tobias.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 05:26 PM
Hm... Tony is visibly straining under the power of his spell. Yes, something has taken away his ability to focus and to concentrate... but I can't imagine why. Oh. That's clever.

Then he convulses and starts to collapse!

The people standing near the cleric may feel a sudden surge of powerful influence, but this time it's demonic in nature, not divine.
I think it might remind Rein of the whispers he heard during the last apocalypse Inside, or maybe of his star... That sort of effect, but directed only at Tony.

Now that's something Reinholdt can recognize. Having dealt with such things many times in the past.
Reinholdt rushes forward so that Tony's head will probably land on him instead of something else.
"Ow." :smallannoyed:

ThirdEmperor
2010-11-01, 05:46 PM
Okay, but unless the sword can kill Elder Evils I very much doubt this is going to work.

Murkus
2010-11-01, 05:51 PM
Reelshka's continuity clone outside responds: True enough. Fighting agains a thousand of years of prejudice isn't easy. She sighs. But enough about me. Are you liking it here?

"Yeah, so far. I had some business in the city, but I really like it here. Now, if it weren't so sunny..."

Morty
2010-11-01, 05:53 PM
"Yeah, so far. I had some business in the city, but I really like it here. Now, if it weren't so sunny..."

It is a nice place, yes. I hope you'll find a way to deal with the sun.

Reelshka's continuity clone in the infirmary gasps when she sees Tony fall, but both Reelshkas deadtime.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 05:57 PM
Toby has a light fingerprint of divine energy, plus all his Druidic energy, but nothing really occuring right now.

Tony has his divine or clerical energy, but he is currently covered in active, demonic energy.
He lands on Reinholdt if Quinn or nobody else catches him, but starts thrashing around. No, no! I'm sorry! I tried to save all of you!

Murkus
2010-11-01, 05:58 PM
It is a nice place, yes. I hope you'll find a way to deal with the sun.

Reelshka's continuity clone in the infirmary gasps when she sees Tony fall, but both Reelshkas deadtime.

Fred deadtimes with her, then. "I sure wish I could just adapt. Doesn't seem to work that way, though."

horngeek
2010-11-01, 05:59 PM
Karen tries to stop Tony thrashing around. "Dammit... this is not good."

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 06:01 PM
"Get a pillow under his head!"
Reinholdt is not happy to be that pillow and much would rather not be under here anymore.

"He's reliving the worst moments of his life. In very vivid detail." Or something really similar.

horngeek
2010-11-01, 06:03 PM
Karen tries to get a pillow and substitute it for Reinholdt. :smalltongue:

"I don't have any Charms that can help him with that, all I can really do is hold him down. Any ideas?

Also, note to self, get Medicine Charms."

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 06:18 PM
Reinholdt crawls out, looking frustrated and works to fix his fur.

"Try tranquilizing him. Dopamine or something. Some sort of drug that won't let him think clearly. It's the best I got." Aside from going to beat up the source. Which Reinholdt suspects is the Selinite Gods somehow.

Course, Reinholdt's like 0-3 so far in his suspicions.

horngeek
2010-11-01, 06:20 PM
Karen's still holding Tony down. "Sounds right. Can you get them, though?"

IonDragon
2010-11-01, 06:26 PM
"Okay then,"

LoVoltage produces three acid green dots and tries to thumbs them against Tony's wrist. If they stick, he'll be flooded with synthetic opiates.

FireFox
2010-11-01, 06:41 PM
Tony is tranquilized and almost immediately stops thrashing. The opiates, however, knock him out and keep him from building a mental shield (if he would even be capable of protecting himself after the fact, of course), which allows the demonic energies to gain more influence over him.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 06:43 PM
[Cabin 8>?]

And Falcon follows!

(To where?)

---

[Infirmary]

Quinn rushes forwards as Tony starts convulsing...and goes to rest a hand on his forehead.

...yes, she's trying to enter his mind, right now. :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 06:49 PM
Oops.
Well, the chances are he wouldn't have been able to put one up anyways.

Reinholdt sighs and hops up somewhere to watch. He hates these mind games.
"I wonder why this didn't happen to Quinn?" :smallconfused:

FireFox
2010-11-01, 06:53 PM
Well, Quinn didn't really get close enough to figure out the what, much less the why. It looks like Tony got attacked when he realized what was going on, because we just can't have simple exposition here.

Quinn will get thrown out of Tony's mind by the demonic power and deadtime. She can try again later, but FF needs to finish up some of this late schoolwork now.

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 06:54 PM
[Infirmary]

And Quinn does, indeed, get chucked out of Tony's mind.

...and, somehow, gets physically thrown across the room, too.

Thump.

...predictable. :smalltongue:

Mikani rushes out of the Kitchenette to help her dazed mother up!

Recaiden
2010-11-01, 06:55 PM
[Infirmary]

"Are you okay, Quinn?" Anchor asks, lurking half-in the wall beside them.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 06:59 PM
[Infirmary]

Reinholdt watches Quinn. Yep. "I'm going to go with the idea that we really aren't going to find out anything more here than we have already. We need to go to Tobias' world and investigate there. Starting with those evil gods he mentioned." Or something. They need to hunt for clues!

The Bushranger
2010-11-01, 07:03 PM
[Infirmary]

"That could be...problematic," Quinn says, rubbing her forehead.
...of course, Toby seems more open about being a King these days. :smalltongue:
"And yeah, I'm alright. Thanks, Anchor." Quinn smiles, as Mikani looks rather more doubtful about her mother's being OK than her mother is.

Reinholdt
2010-11-01, 07:11 PM
[Infirmary]

"I'm not surprised. But also officially out of ideas." Besides maybe putting Tony out of his misery.