PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Greater Teleport and Greater Plane Shift at will?

fulong
2010-10-30, 05:08 PM
Also, I'm a 5 Diviner/10 Incantatrix.

mostlyharmful
2010-10-30, 05:18 PM
shapechange into an Archon gets you greater Teleport in two more levels, Genies also get planeshift to the elemental, astral and material planes, not greater though. at your level it's down to minionmancy with Planer Bind line.

fulong
2010-10-30, 05:22 PM
Well I am hoping a way to get them without summoning creatures.

Eloel
2010-10-30, 05:26 PM
Well I am hoping a way to get them without summoning creatures.

Planar Binding doesn't summon creatures. It calls them.

fulong
2010-10-30, 05:50 PM
How would that work?

Urpriest
2010-10-30, 10:47 PM
How would that work?

It's just a terminology thing. They actually show up rather than merely sort-of-showing up like Summon Monster.

Alleran
2010-10-31, 02:33 AM
You could try an item of True Mind Switch (if you can convince your DM), hopping into the body of something that can use either of those at will, and then using Assume Supernatural Ability. Or just a Polymorph + Assume Supernatural Ability.

absolmorph
2010-10-31, 04:14 AM
It's just a terminology thing. They actually show up rather than merely sort-of-showing up like Summon Monster.
Actually, summoned creatures are sorta created and the real creature isn't actually there (outside of certain alternate rules). So, killing a summoned creature doesn't kill the original creature.

Called creatures ARE there. If you kill them, they're dead.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-10-31, 07:20 AM
Is there any way to get Greater Plane Shift at will with any levels? The closest thing I can think of is an epic warlock with Dark Transient, but that's not perfect.

Urpriest
2010-10-31, 08:35 AM
Is there any way to get Greater Plane Shift at will with any levels? The closest thing I can think of is an epic warlock with Dark Transient, but that's not perfect.

You could probably do it as the right type of Planar Shepherd.

nedz
2010-10-31, 08:49 AM
Half Elemental or Shadow Creature Template can give you Plane Shift 1/day, but its not Greater, and its not at will.

Arcane Disciple for Travel Domain can get you the Greater Teleport Wis Mod times per day.
Several domains can get you Gate, on a similar basis.

If you were a divine caster then Hierophant could give you them 2/day.

Archmage Spelllike Ability might allow you a number of uses per day, though the level of the spells you are after will limit this.

Ryuuk
2010-10-31, 09:19 AM
I think it would cost you 120000 to get both:

---

Amulet of the Planes

This device usually appears to be a black circular amulet, although any character looking closely at it sees a dark, moving swirl of color. The amulet allows its wearer to utilize plane shift. However, this is a difficult item to master. The user must make a DC 15 Intelligence check in order to get the amulet to take her to the plane (and the specific location on that plane) that she wants. If she fails, the amulet transports her and all those traveling with her to a random location on that plane (01-60 on d%) or to a random plane (61-100).

Strong conjuration; CL 15th; Craft Wondrous Item, plane shift; Price 120,000 gp.

---

This lets you Plane Shift into a specific location of in a plane as long as you pass an Int check. Wouldn't using two of these modified Plane Shifts take you into the Astral Plane, and from there to a desired location in another plane?

Thrawn183
2010-10-31, 09:23 AM
Why would you need two? It looks to me like it takes you directly to your desired destination (assuming successful Int check, of course).

Ryuuk
2010-10-31, 09:25 AM
Why would you need two? It looks to me like it takes you directly to your desired destination (assuming successful Int check, of course).

I'm just assuming you can't plane shift into the plane you start off in.

From Plane Shift:

[I]You move yourself or some other creature to another plane of existence or alternate dimension.[/I

Boci
2010-10-31, 09:26 AM
I'm just assuming you can't plane shift into the plane you start off in.

Plane shift into another plane then back.

Ryuuk
2010-10-31, 09:27 AM
Plane shift into another plane then back.

Exactly, you need two uses... Ah, sorry, I meant two uses in the first post, not two amulets.

Jack_Simth
2010-10-31, 09:41 AM
Also, I'm a 5 Diviner/10 Incantatrix.
Well, with about 15-30 more levels, there's a little feat called Innate Spell (Complete Arcane, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Player's Guide to Faerun, or Tome and Blood - do note that some of these are 3.0, some are campaign-specific... but Complete Arcane is neither, so...). You just need to sacrifice a spell slot 8 levels above the one you want at-will - so you'll need several copies of the epic feat Improved Spell Capacity (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#improvedSpellCapacity). Oh yes, and there's a few other requirements. You'll need Still Spell, Silent Spell, and Quicken spell, as well.