PDA

View Full Version : Illumian & Human Paragon [3.5]

Tokuhara
2010-10-31, 08:14 AM
Can Illumian take the Human Paragon class. I understand that the paragon classes all suck, but could he? I mean, Illumian IS a human technically (Human Subtype after all), and I think it'd work like dwarf subraces that take Dwarf Paragon

kestrel404
2010-10-31, 08:29 AM
Yeah, just like whisper gnomes can take gnome specific classes, Illumians can take human specific classes, like Chameleon or Human Paragon.

Amphetryon
2010-10-31, 08:33 AM
Yes, you can.

Not all the Racial Paragon classes suck; some have specific, niche instances where they become very useful, like a half-elf Bard gaining an extra feat and the additional bonuses to CHA-based skills to improve diplomancy.

Psyren
2010-10-31, 10:43 AM
Huh, I just realized that Human Paragons are a way to learn an obscure class skill like Iaijutsu Focus, Martial Lore or Autohypnosis. Always nice to have another avenue for that sort of thing :smallsmile:

Zeta Kai
2010-10-31, 11:37 AM
Huh, I just realized that Human Paragons are a way to learn an obscure class skill like Iaijutsu Focus, Martial Lore or Autohypnosis. Always nice to have another avenue for that sort of thing :smallsmile:

Or truenaming, if you wanted to... :smallwink:

Zaq
2010-10-31, 12:16 PM
Heh. Interestingly enough, my Illumian Truenamer had levels in Human Paragon. (My DM was kind enough to rule that the generic "+1 of existing casting class" counted towards advancing Utterances: not RAW, but reasonable.) But yeah, the human subtype is a very strong argument in favor of them being allowed to take it.

Cieyrin
2010-10-31, 02:35 PM
Or truenaming, if you wanted to... :smallwink:

You could just as easily take the feat at that point but yes, that's another method if you need your precious feats but can spare 2 levels to Human Paragon.

Also, Half-Orc Paragon is one of the few ways to be a Lawful Rager and Kobold Paragon is a wonderful alternative to Sorcerer levels.

Bugbeartrap
2010-10-31, 03:37 PM
Kobold Paragon is a wonderful alternative to Sorcerer levels.

Where can I find said Paragon, sir? My Unearthed Arcana seems to be lacking it.

Optimator
2010-10-31, 03:46 PM
Where can I find said Paragon, sir? My Unearthed Arcana seems to be lacking it.

Here http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kobold+Paragon

Bugbeartrap
2010-10-31, 03:58 PM
Curses! lmgtfy.com! Next time, I will wipe the sleep from my eyes before posting so hastily.

gbprime
2010-10-31, 07:00 PM
My current campaign, the DM houseruled that everyone needs a "background class" at level 1. So everyone has to take 1 level of racial class, NPC class, or some specific ones he's designed like "merchant" and "noble". (shrug)

Human Paragon fits wonderfully there. My cleric has 3 levels of it and is the group's Sleight of Hand expert. Concealed Spellcasting skill trick has saved our butts more than once.