PDA

View Full Version : What cursing is allowed in linked things?

Dubious Pie
2010-10-31, 04:18 PM
What level is allowed in terms of language when linking to videos, such as a Let's Play? I have made one, and I want to know how much I have to bleep.

Rutskarn
2010-10-31, 04:33 PM
The Giant has indicated the the primary function of the profanity filter is to eliminate swearing--and more specifically, those who are incapable of communicating without excessive swearing--from our discourse here. Generally, things linked from outside the site are given some leniency.

When in doubt, a warning never goes amiss.

Dubious Pie
2010-10-31, 04:36 PM
I'm *this* close to just saying screw it and paying $10 for a Something Awful account and not having to bother with censorship.

Zeta Kai
2010-10-31, 04:40 PM
The Giant has indicated the the primary function of the profanity filter is to eliminate swearing--and more specifically, those who are incapable of communicating without excessive swearing--from our discourse here. Generally, things linked from outside the site are given some leniency.

When in doubt, a warning never goes amiss.

Considering the cluster-F-bombs dropped by Josh in Spoiler Warning, this is quite prudent.

Roland St. Jude
2010-10-31, 04:49 PM
What level is allowed in terms of language when linking to videos, such as a Let's Play? I have made one, and I want to know how much I have to bleep.Sheriff of Moddingham: If it makes you think, "I'm not sure if I should link to this" or "I should provide a NSFW warning" don't link it. It's very purposefully a policy that pushes posters towards erring on the side of caution rather than running it right up to the line. Partly because it'd be hard to draw a precise line.

I'm *this* close to just saying screw it and paying $10 for a Something Awful account and not having to bother with censorship.You're welcome to do that. There are also plenty of free forums you can join that have more lax rules.

Also, please don't restart locked threads.