PDA

View Full Version : Piracy GURPS

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 04:28 PM
You've been sailing a while now with nothing to eat but rations, with the rum getting steadily more watered-down. It was a bit of a disappointing trip, to be honest. The only thing you saw worth robbing was a large merchant vessel whose gunner managed to blow up the powder magazine by accident when they tried to defend themselves, destroying all their goods. The crew have been getting gradually more anxious - but now it seems you are making some progress. Land is in sight; hopefully somewhere you can refill the rum bottles and pick up a few odds and ends for the ship, and some information.

Approaching, you can see the port is the Fort de Rocher on the Isla Tortuga, a pirate-infested island in Haiti. You come into dock. It's not heavily regulated, nobody's going to ask you for a mooring fee. Brothels, inns, fights and old stories are sure to abound here, and infinite opportunities for a pirate crew - provided nobody sets the ship on fire.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 04:50 PM
Just as the ship comes into port, Captain Albert "Bloodbeard" Smith turns to his crew "CREW, I know that this voyage 'asnt been the best 'o times, so go with what little ye got and this night is yer own! meet back noon tomorrow to set sail!" Bloodbeard, a man so named due to his tendancy to dye his beard with the blood of his enemies, appoints several individuals to stay on the ship and do shifts to let everyone a chance to get off the ship.

when the ship is tied off and secured, Captain Albert Bloodbeard Smith walks his 7 and a half foot frame off the ship first. He heads directly for the nearest tavern, not caring for whether the rest of his crew follow him, for now they are free to do what they want till noon tomorrow.

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 05:05 PM
The first tavern Bloodbeard comes to is called the Broken Mug and is a bit of a dive. There is more than one broken window. Going in, the tavern is grimy and unpleasant, pipe-smoke hangs thick in the air, but the booze seems to be flowing freely. The tavern is cheaply made of wood with a packed-earth floor, and the ceiling is made of thatch. The whole place would be terribly dangerous if there was a fire - and candles and the open fire against one wall (around which travellers are huddling) are the only light sources.

In the middle of the room, people are drinking. Two men are having an arm-wrestling match across one table, with a circle of people around them, making bets. Two caltrops are positioned on the table to stick into the loser's hand. Four men, two in black suits and two in motley colours, are brawling in the corner, surrounded by a crowd of cheering onlookers. In another corner, a burly sailor is having his way with about five prostitutes. In the third corner, a ragged old man sits alone with a huge tankard and a small dagger in front of him, nobody wanting to get too close. On the fourth corner is the bar, serving drinks left, right and centre. And the serving girls run around through it all, pulling pints and serving them as fast as they are able.

As Bloodbeard comes in, accompanied by the expert marine "Vicious" Vincent Jones and two sailors called King and Clark, there is a hush, punctuated only by the brawling, the pint-serving and the whispers of people who don't recognise him asking his identity of their friends. This gives way to nervous chatter which breaks back into normal talk after a while.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 05:51 PM
blood beard smiles as the hush comes over the tavern. when it stops he strides over to the bar to get himself a drink.

"Hey, 'keep. giv' us a bottle o' yer rum." Bloodbeard waits until the rum is in his hands "so, you heard anythin' intrestin' lately?" Bloodbeard asks the barkeep, his eyes wander occasionally to the man alone in the corner.

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 06:01 PM
The barkeep, a tall, rotund man with an eyepatch, turns round, picks up the rum and throws it to you. "Ten, please. Hum, well, th'other day some smuggling boss found 'is right 'and man's 'ead in his drawer. Swears 'e'll kill whoever put hit there. An' I 'ear people's dyin' hafter heatin' hat the Divin' Fin across the way.

I see you's lookin' hat that gen'leman hin the corner. 'E reckon 'e's found 'imself an hold treasure chest. Total lunatic, 'e be. Tried to stab me th'other day, 'e did."

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 06:15 PM
"hmm" Bloodbeard ponders upon what he has just heard finding the money to pay the man.

"vince, come wit' me. King, Clark, you an' some of tha others see what you can fin' about the smuggler, 'n' those killins across tha road." Bloodbeard makes his way over to the man in the corner.

"what you drinkin'... friend?"

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 06:23 PM
King and Clark leave with a few grumbles about their night off.

"Rum," says the grizzled old man quietly, taking a deep swig from his tankard, then putting his hand into his jacket and pulling out a battered, stained scroll. You are so close now you can smell that his clothing is saturated in alcohol, vomit and urine. Vincent wrinkles his nose."I think you're probably here about this, though." the man says, placing the scroll on the table. "What's it worth?"

Meanwhile, the brawl is beginning to get somewhat out of hand. Tankards and chairs are all fair play, but now one man has a sword, another a knife, another a red-hot poker from the fire, and other people are getting involved to calm it down and getting slashed and burnt themselves. The sailor and his five prostitutes leave for somewhere quieter.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 06:47 PM
Bloodbeard looks round at the room. "tha state this place is in at the moment, looks like yor rum will 'ave ta wait."

"whats it worth? i donno yet, its a stained scroll, it could be worthless or priceless. dependan' on what be on it." Bloodbeard attempts to get more info out the man before handing over money, especially when the previous voyage produced so little.

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 06:52 PM
"This is a map, just your ordinary map of the Caribbean," says the man, chugging back more rum. "I know it's real, because I made it myself. I was a cartographer, back in the day. Anyway, my captain had managed to raid forty ships of their gold in one day. It was too much to carry without slowing the ship down so we buried half of it. I marked the place on the map. Why hasn't anyone claimed it before? There's only me left. The others all killed each other over it. And I'm not strong enough to survive the trip." He swigs back the last drops of his pint-and-a-half tankard of rum.

The brawl is getting stupid now. People are fighting in earnest. Bar stools and bottles are being hurled around the room. The barkeeper comes out to calm the riot down while swigging his own bottle of rum, and people grab drinks from behind the bar while he is looking the other way.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 07:11 PM
"vince, they are startin' to get loud, an' i cant hear this gentleman 'ere. would ya kindly tell em to shut tha hell up?"

"well, what makes me worfy o' all this treasure? an' whats ta stop me from just killin' ya an' takin' tha map anyway eh? im gonna need more motivation ta take tha map off yer 'ands on tha promise of future wealth for tha loss o' immediate wealth."

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 07:17 PM
"I can't give you any more motivation, I'm afraid, except that I'm asking for only a fraction of what you'll find there," says the man, standing up, still steady. "I suggest you don't try attacking me, though."

Vincent goes over to the fight and starts beating people up with a chair leg. Meanwhile, the innkeeper cracks one man on the head with his rum bottle, then decides to spit a mouthful of rum into the eyes of the man with the poker. The hot poker-tip makes contact with the spray of rum and a blast of flame sets fire to the thatched roof. There is a scream from everyone present, and a general rush for the door. Vincent stands by and whacks everyone who passes him firmly on the head with his chair leg, grinning maniacally. There is a huge crush to get out of the door and the inn is burning steadily. The innkeeper starts to cry.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 07:26 PM
with a straight face Bloodbeard will sigh. stand up. help the old man (grabbing the map if its still left on the table) and make exit, whether through a door, or smashing a window if the doors still crowded "Vince, were leaving."

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 07:33 PM
The door is still crowded. Vincent, however, cuts his way through the crush by bludgeoning people on the head, and before long you are standing outside. A number of people have now congregated to stare at the fire. Clark and King are among them, and rush up to help you out as you struggle out of the door. Immediately you leave, the roof begins to collapse, trapping no few people inside, including the innkeeper. They scream. The people who have escaped the smoke hack and spit. The spectators ooh and aah. It is a general cacophony. The man with the red-hot poker hides it guiltily behind his back, and the old man coughs heavily and unhealthily-sounding as he follows you out.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 07:47 PM
Bloodbeard smacks the man on the back to help him with his coughing, maybe a little too hard for someone trying to help.

bloodbeard mutters into kings ear "quick, get me a rolled up piece of parchment that looks like this." he passes him the map.

"are you ok old man?" Bloodbeard asked with a slight hint that he wasnt actually concerned overall.

Havelock
2010-10-31, 07:51 PM
"Ah, Tortuga!" "Iggy" mumbled loud enough for anyone close by to hear, shaking his head a bit at the sight of the burning tavern. "Pity the party had to blow up before we arrived, heh" he noted to a mate that had planned to go here also. "Ah, well, there's other places to get booze and broads"

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 07:53 PM
King runs off to find some parchment.

"Aaagh," shrieks the elderly and infirm man, halfway through a hacking cough, as Bloodbeard slaps him on the back too hard. Some blood comes up in the cough, then he crumples to the floor and doesn't respond to Bloodbeard's question.

Iggy just sees his captain kill an old man with one blow.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 07:57 PM
"...Maybe we didn' need that parchmen' anyway." Bloodbeard mutters as he pokes the guy on the floor with his foot to see if his still alive.

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 08:00 PM
The man doesn't move when Bloodbeard kicks him. Either he is dead, unconscious or a consummate actor.

"Let's be tryin' the Divin' Fin, over yonder," says Iggy's mate John, pointing.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 08:03 PM
"this man was tha last o' 'is crew. i think we should do somethin for 'im." Bloodbeard tells king and clark to carry the body down the peir, take his valuebles and belongings when no ones looking, slice his throat, just to make sure and throw him in the sea.

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 08:09 PM
King and Clark pick the body up and carry it down to the end of the pier, followed by half the people who were watching the fire and now want to watch a man's throat being slit and him being dumped in the sea. Despite their best efforts, they can't get the crowd to go away.

Havelock
2010-10-31, 08:24 PM
"As good a suggestion as any, seems like that party was awfully short" Ignacio's eyes trails a slightly after the poor soul the captain had found suitable to prematurely send to St. Peter, before heading to the fin.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 08:29 PM
Bloodbeard walks down the peir, and doesnt stop walking when he gets to the crowd, being the tall man he is, he is a full head taller than most. he makes his way to the other side of the crowd and turns round "theres no booze down 'ere, how 'bout we all go to tha divin fin, or wha'ever other whore 'ouses you wanna go to." Bloodbeard stands and glares menicingly across the crowd "an' no hot pokers in tha next one. i do wan' ta drink some more tonight before ye burn down the whole port."

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 08:36 PM
@Iggy: The Diving Fin doesn't seem too crowded, strangely enough for a bar in Tortuga. There are three old men drinking together in a corner and singing songs, one woman sitting and drinking in silence with a man, one very miserable-looking man whose table is completely covered in various unpleasant-looking dishes of food, and at two other tables, two seamen sitting alone. The barman looks very morose and polishes beer glasses in a furious fashion. "Let's liven things up in 'ere!" roars John. "Oi, landlord! I want wenches and a jug of mead!" The landlord barely looks up, but begins pouring the mead with a sullen look.

@Bloodbeard: The crowd turns to listen to Bloodbeard's speech and as they do so there is a splash from behind them as he body is dumped. King gives Bloodbeard the thumbs-up. The crowd begins to disperse, conspicuously avoiding the Diving Fin. Some of them apparently would prefer to follow Bloodbeard.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 08:50 PM
Bloodbeard heads back down the pier, walks past the fin, and goes in search of somewhere not liable to burn down or to get the crowd to grow any bigger.

Bloodbeard tries his best to take large strides to leave some of the crowd behind as he goes in search of a decent bar (in attempt to drop more of the crowd.)

Xsesiv
2010-10-31, 08:56 PM
A lot of the crowd are having to run to match Bloodbeard's stride, but most of them make it to a slightly upmarket stone building called the Cannon. They troop in after Bloodbeard, looking very underdressed for such a place, and the landlord's eyes almost pop out of his head in shock at the smelly rabble. "Yes, sir, what can I get you?" he asks, in a sort of shocked curiosity as to why his bar is now full of uncouth peasants.

littlebottom
2010-10-31, 09:25 PM
"you can get me a rum. this lot followed me 'ere. youve just gained alot of custom since one of your rivals has just burnt down, so maybe complamentory drinks to your new soring sales would be nice."

Lizard Lord
2010-10-31, 10:35 PM
With Captain Bloodbeard off at the taverns Darius Stag hopes to use this time to advance his career. He knows that there is an open spot for the Captain's second mate. With the crew's current supply issue Darius hopes to use this oppurtunity to get in the Captain's good graces.

Darius will look for what contacts he may have in Tortuga and try to get a good price on quality food, and rum.

Streewise 18: [roll0]
Merchant 18 [roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-11-01, 02:10 PM
The barman hands Bloodbeard a large glass of rum and then frowns heavily as the sailors begin taking up tables.

Trying to find quality foodstuffs in Tortuga is like trying to find a black cat in a coal-cellar. However, Darius manages it, finding a little man who owns an illicit distillery that produces high-quality, highly-alcoholic rum, and a cook who is sneaking the local drug baron's best nonperishables out of his kitchen and supplying them to sailors. Both, however, ask a hefty fee. The brewer wants 200 doubloons for every cask of rum, or 12 for a bottle, and the cook is willing to hand over his entire stock of food for 300.

littlebottom
2010-11-01, 02:20 PM
Bloodbeard will try to find a spot where his new found followers cant see him too well, wait till he finishes his rum and attempts to leave with a group of others to hide the fact he has left.

bloody sheep, not got a brain cell between em so they follow me, cant say i blame em, i am amazing. He thinks to himself.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-01, 07:38 PM
Darius will pay the prices for all the rum and food and bring the supplies back to the ship. If he can't carry the supplies on his own (which is likely), he will try and find some of his crew mates (npc ones) to help him.

St. Einstein
2010-11-01, 09:00 PM
Comte d'Aché

The flag of the St. Helena, French naval vessel, no longer flew, but instead hung in deathly quiet at the base of the mast. The St. Helena herself sat quietly on the outskirts of Tortuga, brought to a complete standstill.

Meanwhile, after spending some time outside the Cannon, the Comte went into the building, well-dressed. He had a breastplate on, with a frilled, blue hat sitting atop his head. Over the breastplate was an aqua-colored coat, with yellow lining its insides even as the Comte's rapier was obviously prominent around his waist. The Comte appeared quite effeminate, with pale and soft skin, presumably a result of noble inbreeding. The man looked around the building with a raised eyebrow, especially noting all of the poorer folk. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for their lot.

"Gentle-mon," said the Comte in an accented English. He adjusted his hat determinedly, his eyes searching for the host. "Does any table yet lay unclaimed, or is it but to play Christ in miniature that this establishment stands?"

Phunbaba
2010-11-01, 10:44 PM
The Doc will go down to his bunk to grab his doctoring bag after hearing that he wasn't assigned any details. On his way out he'll see most of the crew vacated, including one or two that were told they had duties. And he thinks Good luck to 'em. They'll need it if the captain finds out, great big uncouth man that he is. Though I suppose I'm not much better then him at that. Not now at any rate.

Before he leaves the ship he'll see if anyone is willing to go with him as he plans to search the more pristine parts of the island for medicinal herbs.

littlebottom
2010-11-02, 09:44 AM
As Blood beard is about to exit, a man enters asking for a table. he decides that he could do with some company other than his own crew (he had wenches in mind, but this will do for now while he drinks)

"yeah, this table has space" Bloodbeard says to the man who just entered, seeing if the man who just entered was daring enough to sit with bloodbeard.

St. Einstein
2010-11-02, 11:36 AM
The Frenchman strode towards the open table, his eyes immediately fixing on Bloodbeard. He sat down and, placing his hands upon the table and leaning back in the chair slowly, he squinted and said: "You 'ave something in your beard."

littlebottom
2010-11-02, 06:46 PM
"hmm? maybe its some ash from tha last tavern i was in not but 5 minuites ago. did you know, it just burnt down?" Bloodbeard smiles at him, aware of what the frenchman actually meant.

"what ye drinkin'?

St. Einstein
2010-11-02, 07:32 PM
"I will have a Côtes de Bourg, poured into glass not gourd, observe me now, and - just reward! - the gracious fruit of Louis, my lord."

littlebottom
2010-11-02, 07:35 PM
"Sounds nice. I'll have one too, thanks." Says Bloodbeard, casually. clearly and bluntly angling for a free drink.

St. Einstein
2010-11-02, 07:49 PM
The Frenchman nodded his head nonchalantly. He then raised his hand into the air and waved it, covered by a metal gauntlet. "Excusez-moi? Is there a waiter here, s’il vous plaît?"

Xsesiv
2010-11-02, 08:06 PM
"Non, il n'y en a pas," replies the aggressively bilingual landlord. "But what can I get you, my lord? Do forgive the company," and he glances with distaste at the scruffy looking sailors.

St. Einstein
2010-11-02, 09:40 PM
He frowned slightly at the lack of a waiter, but waved his hand in the air dismissively. "I may hope too much, but some Côtes de Bourg, perhaps? If you do not have any, wine that is dated later than yesterday would do my stomach wonders," said Christophe, looking somewhat hopeful. "Two glasses, one for myself and one for the gentleman to my side."

Lizard Lord
2010-11-02, 10:41 PM
Once the supplies are on board Darius will try to find a decent inn on this crooked island.

Xsesiv
2010-11-03, 07:22 PM
@Phunbaba: Make a Naturalist or Botany roll.

The barman brings over a flask of red wine with two goblets to Christophe and Bloodbeard. It's not dated later than yesterday, or else it wouldn't exist yet. It's from three years ago. He pours out the goblets and takes the flask back behind the bar, promising to return for the bill later.

Darius will have a great deal of trouble finding a decent inn in Tortuga. The Cannon's slightly better than the rest around here, and there is another called the Three Bulls' Heads seems very upper-class, catering mostly to nobles and high-up merchants, as can be seen through the window. There is also a highly violent-looking doorman outside, holding a plank of wood.

littlebottom
2010-11-03, 07:31 PM
"i dont believe i know yer name lad? I be Captain Bloodbeard." He pauses momentarily for a reaction

St. Einstein
2010-11-03, 08:13 PM
Obviously unfazed, the man twists his small lips into a faint smile. "Bloodbeard? How quaint," he said nonchalantly, smelling the rim of the glass momentarily before lightly sipping from the cup. "I am le Comte d'Aché, a humble wanderer of these fair waters."

littlebottom
2010-11-03, 08:32 PM
"... that be too hard ta remember, so "Frenchie" will do." says Bloodbeard, who begins drinking at a fast pace.

St. Einstein
2010-11-03, 09:00 PM
"What brings you in town, captain, if you do not mind my asking?" asked the Comte, ignoring the reference to his nationality, leaning back in his chair slightly.

littlebottom
2010-11-03, 09:24 PM
"well, Frenchie, we're only stopping 'ere overnight ta restock. so er, the need fa food 'n' booze brought us 'ere. but thats not really the 'ardest thing ta work out now is it? the real question 'ere is why frenchie is 'ere withouta crew?"

St. Einstein
2010-11-03, 09:37 PM
"Oh, enjoying the sights, taking them in," he said, pausing to himself as he glances behind him. "But truly, I am looking for a certain pirate, in the hopes of discussing some things in greater detail with him."

littlebottom
2010-11-03, 10:39 PM
"tha only pirate i know 'round these parts worth talkin' to is me." Bloodbeard finishes off his drink. "'n' now i shall take my leave... nless o'course i 'ad somethin' ta drink."

Lizard Lord
2010-11-03, 11:35 PM
Darius will head into The Cannon, not wanting to deal with the bruiser with the improvised weapon.

St. Einstein
2010-11-04, 07:17 PM
"Indeed," said the Comte, leaning forward on the table slightly. "It is with you that I wish to speak, Captain Bloodbeard. I do hope something can be arranged."

littlebottom
2010-11-04, 07:27 PM
"hmm, so Frenchie, what be it that you wish to... arrange... with me?" said bloodbeard, his curiosity getting the better of him.

St. Einstein
2010-11-04, 07:44 PM
"I am here to arrest you," the Comte said somewhat plainly, reaching down to take a sip from his wine as he looked over at the man. "Your ship, the one in the bay, it's a little... well, it was easy enough to track here." The man paused and set the wine glass down, sighing as he glanced behind him. "Nothing interesting happens in this place, does it?

littlebottom
2010-11-04, 08:24 PM
"well, yer certainly look like an enforcer o' tha law." Bloodbeard says sarcastically. "the night is young, an' i wanna drink myself into a stupor if im gonna 'av ta go ta jail. why dont ya join me?" Bloodbeards plans changed for the night, he had no intention of getting totally drunk... not totally.

" 'keep, tha cheapest thing thatll get a man drunk damn quick. an' keep em comin." Bloodbeard thought to himself, whether it was this mans intention to arrest him or not, he couldnt tell from his tone of voice, but he decided it was not safe to let his guard down, no matter how small a chance he was actually speaking the truth.

a plan had formulated in Bloodbeards head. he was just hoping that frenchie wasnt able to hold his drink too well.

St. Einstein
2010-11-04, 08:35 PM
"Cheap?" the man asked, raising a cautious eyebrow. "Forgive me, sir, but I am a gentleman. I do not gorge myself on tainted liquor, but instead lightly sip from the cup of wine, letting my senses overcome me.

A light blush fills the Comte's cheeks as he stands upwards, looking at Bloodbeard. "Come, now. You and I both know you aren't going to go willingly."

littlebottom
2010-11-04, 10:24 PM
"ya dont get it do yer? this is a den of debauchery, violence an' sin. i tell yer now, there arr people sittin' in 'ere who 'ave done much more than i 'ave... mainly 'cause they arrr much older but still. there is an entire crews worth o' men who would gladly track yer down 'n' fill yer full o' lead if yer somehow managed to get me outa 'ere without any o' me crew noticin' in tha first place... Right Darius?" Bloodbeard had previously ignored Darius' entrance to the tavern, but because it was not his place to spoil his crews free time if he could help it.

the only reason he called on Darius... infact, the only reason he didnt kill frenchie where he now stood, was because it would cause a riot in the tavern, and Bloodbeard didnt want to have to find a new tavern after this one was burnt down too. so he called on Darius to attempt to solve this without the loss of another tavern, at the very least, Darius could help Bloodbeard drag frenchie down an alley and show him that his current career is not one you should be around here if you want to live longer than a couple hours.

St. Einstein
2010-11-04, 10:49 PM
He tsked to himself as he raised a hand into the air. "First you are the only pirate worth anything on this island, and now you are but one amongst many? I am stunned by how quickly these previously meaningless men have been able to do such astoundingly villainous deeds!" he said, rolling his eyes before looking levelly towards the man. "Calm yourself, captain. I'm not going to arrest you - I would not walk straight into Tortuga and attempt to arrest one pirate amongst thousands. Well... I would, but only if I desired to die."

He bit his upper lip as his hands hung at his sides, as if he were tempted to place them on his hips. "'I am here to arrest you'. Such were the words that I was to use on a man here, and he was to give me vitally important information. It is readily apparent to me, now, that you are not he, despite what my superiors had told me." He frowned, folding his arms in front of him grumpily. "All the better. From what I've heard of your exploits, you are a vile brute." The Frenchman went back to sit down in his chair, obviously frustrated.

littlebottom
2010-11-04, 11:36 PM
He tsked to himself as he raised a hand into the air. "First you are the only pirate worth anything on this island, and now you are but one amongst many? I am stunned by how quickly these previously meaningless men have been able to do such astoundingly villainous deeds!" he said, rolling his eyes before looking levelly towards the man.

to this comment the captain simply states quietly "i said they had done more, not worse." with a smirk.

the Captain satisfied that this man, although clever, did not see the scapegoat the Captain had left in his argument for just such an occasion.

Bloodbeard so hoped that this would weigh hevily on the mans mind that he had been out witted by a seemingly scum of the earth pirate... unfortunately Frenchies attitude was that of a man who could be told and shown complete evidence he was incorrect, and yet still argue his point undaunted.

"Calm yourself, captain. I'm not going to arrest you - I would not walk straight into Tortuga and attempt to arrest one pirate amongst thousands. Well... I would, but only if I desired to die."

He bit his upper lip as his hands hung at his sides, as if he were tempted to place them on his hips. "'I am here to arrest you'. Such were the words that I was to use on a man here, and he was to give me vitally important information. It is readily apparent to me, now, that you are not he, despite what my superiors had told me." He frowned, folding his arms in front of him grumpily. "All the better. From what I've heard of your exploits, you are a vile brute." The Frenchman went back to sit down in his chair, obviously frustrated.

to this Bloodbeard listened carefully. "well, if this is tha case, Frenchie, then ye arrr in a dangerous place ta be fa no reason. an' since your only reason to be 'ere was me, an' now, thats no longer yer reason, what yer still doin' 'ere? infact, why do yer listen these people who are clearly givin' yer false information, yer should take control o' yer life. go out 'n' see the world and experience the thrills life 'as ta offer?" one less law enforcer in this world is certainly a good thing if your a pirate. they dont always have to be killed though, sometimes they just need a push in the right direction... or the wrong one depending on your views.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-05, 08:48 AM
"ya dont get it do yer? this is a den of debauchery, violence an' sin. i tell yer now, there arr people sittin' in 'ere who 'ave done much more than i 'ave... mainly 'cause they arrr much older but still. there is an entire crews worth o' men who would gladly track yer down 'n' fill yer full o' lead if yer somehow managed to get me outa 'ere without any o' me crew noticin' in tha first place... Right Darius?"

A-aye Ca-captain! Darius cursed his stutter. Sometimes he would use it to get others to underestimate him, but now was not one of those times.

Darius just walked into the conversation just now, and isn't sure what the Frenchmen's game is just yet. Still Darius subtly keeps his pistol trained on the supposed law enforcer should he be stupid enough to try anything.

Holdout to keep the pistol from being noticed by others? [roll0] vs. 18

St. Einstein
2010-11-05, 09:11 AM
"Ah, yes, you are right! O, Me! I have discovered my true calling in life - it is a life of piracy. How foolish I was to fight it all this time," he said with a hint of scorn, daintily dropping a few coins onto the table. "If you will excuse me, gentlemen, I think it is time I return to my ship. I have work to do." He would stand up and begin walking towards the door.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-05, 09:19 AM
Darius will put his pistol away as soon as the French man leaves. "B-by the way C-captain. I ha-have rest-restocked the cr-crews s-supply of food and r-rum."

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 12:39 PM
Darius will put his pistol away as soon as the French man leaves. "B-by the way C-captain. I ha-have rest-restocked the cr-crews s-supply of food and r-rum."

this caught Bloodbeard slightly off guard. "really? i was going ta do that tomorrow, keep tha stuff fresher for just that bit longer yer know? though, well done on taking initiative." Bloodbeard was in a good mood, so he didnt bother asking how much it cost... or if it cost anything at all.

"join me for a drink, if you would please Darius." Bloodbeard offered him a drink.

Xsesiv
2010-11-05, 12:47 PM
Armando fails to find any helpful plants, but not for lack of trying.

In the Cannon, the bartender calls out "Last orders, please, gentlemen!" and is promptly surprised as his bar is mobbed by the crowd of sailors.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-05, 01:38 PM
"Aye C-captain."

Darius will sit down with Redbeard and order a strong drink during the last call.

"I-if I m-may ask C-captain, w-what did the F-french man w-want?"

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 06:12 PM
"ah yer mean Frenchie? nothin' much, he certainly wanted 'is head kicked in though. Goin' round tellin' pirates they are under arrest is suicide, i only let 'im off since he was buying."

"darius, ive got a plan. frenchie will be joining us on the ship, whether he likes it or not. im leaving, you can help if you want."

Bloodbeard gets up and follows frenchie out.

Xsesiv
2010-11-05, 06:46 PM
Outside in the street, it's clear-skied. It's also kicking-out time. The shops are barred-up, the taverns are closing, the brothels are in full business, and light-hearted fights are erupting all over the place. An old tramp wearing manure-stained clothes has gone to sleep in a barrel.

Frenchie is there too.

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 07:09 PM
Bloodbeard will wait til there are fewer watching. find a length of wood (two if possible) and swing them at the back of Frenchies head in an attempt to knock him out.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Xsesiv
2010-11-05, 07:18 PM
As a result of Bloodbeard's attack on him with two planks he found in an alley, le Comte d'Aché is driven to the ground by a pounding blow to the back of the head that stuns him and drives him to one knee, then another smashes him around the head again and he passes out onto the cobbled street, looking somewhat the worse for wear.

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 07:27 PM
Bloodbeard throws the wood to one side, picks up Frenchie and takes him down to the docks and onto the ship.

once on the ship, Bloodbeard gets what crew were on the ship to help him. He takes Frenchie below the decks, finds a lockable chest/cabinet whatever. with the help of his crew he strips Frenchie of his belongings and dresses him in a more pirate fashion. after this is done, Bloodbeard will place him inside the chest and lock it. his belongings will be placed elsewhere for now.

noticing its late, Bloodbeard will sleep till next morning now.

St. Einstein
2010-11-05, 07:46 PM
As the Comte's hat was removed from his head, a crewman might have noticed the bun that was fashioned in the back of his sleek black hair, crafted with expert precision. Bits of darkened makeup would come off in the process, revealing paler skin.

As the Comte's cloak was removed, a few more men might have noticed his remarkably narrow shoulders - the man must have been quite young if this was the case.

As the Comte's leggings were removed, the captain himself might've realized that this man had some sort of deformity, quite lacking in muscle and built almost like a child.

As the Comte's breastplate was removed, with some difficulty, the entire crew would have seen the prominent bosom that sat beneath his cloth shirt.

And as the Comte was dropped onto the floor, it would become apparent that the Comte was a Comtesse, and that he, in fact, was a she.

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 08:02 PM
"............hmmmm i wasn't expectin' that one..."

after a few more moments of silence. "right, he's still... wait i mean, she's still to be treated the same, for now atleast."

Bloodbeard gives clear instructions to those who are present, that she is to be treated as if she is one of the crew, infact, as if she has been one of the crew for quite a while. also, to spread the word to the rest of the crew that our new crew member is to be treated nicely.

She is still then dressed into more piratey clothes.. although perhaps a little tight around the chest compared to what was expected, and locked into the chest. Bloodbeard will take the only key.

Xsesiv
2010-11-05, 08:08 PM
Clark, the sailor from earlier, whose night off Bloodbeard ruined, comes up to him. "Men be dyin' at the Fin, it be true. Too late ter be invedstergatin' now. The crew be talkin', though, Cap'n. It be frightful bad luck to have a woman on board ship, sir. Like, dangerous bad."

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 08:12 PM
"it'd be worse luck if yer were to loose yer own balls wouldnt it? an' im sure that can be arranged."

St. Einstein
2010-11-05, 08:43 PM
Christine, la Comtesse d'Aché, lay unconscious in the trunk.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-05, 09:24 PM
Darius sighs as the captain leaves. Captain Redbeard is his opposite in many ways. Darius finishes up his and followers his captain.

Bloodbeard didn't need any help knocking out French man or carrying his body and Darius suspected that he would have only gotten in the way.

At the reveal of 'Frenchie's' True nature Darius could only say. That's in-interesting. W-wonder if sh-she is e-even ca-capable of ar-aresting anyone. D-don't know th-the rules of F-france, but l-law enfor-enforcement isn't n-normally w-women work."

littlebottom
2010-11-05, 09:26 PM
"yer be right there." Bloodbeard answers.

"o' course, womens work is in a tavern servin' mead, or bein' a woman o' tha night o' course."

Lizard Lord
2010-11-05, 09:31 PM
"D-do you th-think an-anyone will come l-looking for her, C-captain?"

"M-maybe n-not." Darius answers his own question. If sh-she had an-anyone that c-could it wo-would m-make coming a-alone and th-threatening p-pirates even st-stupider."

Phunbaba
2010-11-05, 09:54 PM
After getting back from his fruitless search he'll ask the first man he sees if anything notables happened while he was out.

Havelock
2010-11-06, 04:06 PM
A happy Ignacio came walking down the pier, dragging along crewmate that seemed to be halfway into wonderland by the looks of it.

"Broke again, heh, we need more plunder this trip, wasn't enough to last till dawn, sides, ol' Jim here could use an escort to the ship, he might be ending up on a ship bound for Singapore without some help, assuming some cutthroat wouldn't get him before he reached the docks. How many did ye kill tonight cap?"

littlebottom
2010-11-07, 05:28 PM
"How many did ye kill tonight cap?"

"well, only one tonight, an' that was by accident. almost killed another without meanin' ta. also got caught in tha' fire that burnt down the tavern, but that wernt my fault for a change."

Xsesiv
2010-11-07, 05:55 PM
After getting back from his fruitless search he'll ask the first man he sees if anything notables happened while he was out.

"Not used to Tortuga, are you, mate?" grunts the man, dressed in dirty but rich clothes and with long lank hair.

Next morning dawns bright, and rather more early than you would like. Seagulls screech, aggravating hangovers and dropping droppings onto the deck of the ship. Finally, Christine awakens with a pounding headache and aching limbs, in the dark, and finds herself totally unable to move.

Outside, the bell in a keep of some kind - no chance you will find a church in such a debauched place - tolls ten times. You have a little time to go about your business, but don't take too long. The ship sets sail at noon.

St. Einstein
2010-11-07, 08:37 PM
Christine groans within the chest, laying infirm with her eyes plastered to the roof of the container. "Damn pirates..." she murmurs, barely able to pronounce the words. Though her body was completely immobile, her brain began to race despite the overwhelming headache. She would find a way out of the chest, and eventually these ridiculous clothes, as well.

littlebottom
2010-11-08, 09:17 AM
Bloodbeard has been awake for a little while as the bells strike 10. he has been hoping the day goes by quicker so they could get frenchie out the chest before she gets too angry, making things difficult.

"clean the decks before we set sail!" he barks at the crew who are already onboard. "prepare for early departure, if everyones on the ship we can leave early." although the likely hood of this was low.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-08, 09:55 AM
Darius will quickly and silently man his post.

Xsesiv
2010-11-09, 07:42 PM
In twos and threes, the men return from the port city, cradling their heads with hangovers, or nursing injuries from brawls. They grumble, but fall into their positions and before long you are ready to set sail.

littlebottom
2010-11-09, 07:45 PM
"not one missin' either. ALRIGHT YOU LOT! WE'RE OFF! HOIST THE MAIN SAIL!" Bloodbeard will continue barking orders until they are safely out of the dock and atleast a little bit away from the shore.

his mind is now at a little more rest. he goes down under the deck and uses the key to release frenchie. "Afternoon Frenchie! that was one helluva drinkin contest yer got yerself into last night, but ye won, ye did! only after smackin' yer 'ead off the floor though."

St. Einstein
2010-11-10, 05:43 PM
The woman coldly glares at Bloodbeard, folding one arm over the other as she looks down at the ridiculous clothes the men put her in. "Too much a coward to face a mere woman in combat, hm?" she spat, her voice much softer than before, but filled with a similar venom. "Lecherous cretin - away from me, or best yet, fetch me my clothes."

littlebottom
2010-11-10, 07:11 PM
"those are yer clothes Frenchie, whats wrong? did you bang that 'ead of yers a bit 'ard?" bloodbeard asks sincearly

St. Einstein
2010-11-10, 08:28 PM
"If you wish my cooperation, you will give me clothes that belong on a countess, not on a tavern wench," she said, folding her arms over her chest. Christine then went away from him, tracing a delicate hand along the wall. "There are two sorts of women in this world - those that, like a faithful Dachshund, lap at their master's heel, and those that, like an enraged pitbull, lash out when cornered. I, my good man, am among the latter. You will regret bringing me aboard this ship."

Xsesiv
2010-11-10, 09:13 PM
Clark comes below decks to talk to Bloodbeard. "Where we headed, Cap'n? Crew be frightful anxious settin' off without no setination, sir. Meanin' no disrespect."

He sees Christine in the the corner, glances at Bloodbeard, then acknowledges her as though she is part of the crew and not a guest, willing or otherwise. "Afternoon, Frenchie," he says, then looks back to Bloodbeard for an answer.

Lizard Lord
2010-11-10, 11:20 PM
Darius followed Clark to speak with the Captain. As the ship's navigator he will need to know where to head next more so than the others.

He surprised as Clark addressed 'Frenchie'. Darius was still uneasy about bringing her on the ship. Having someone with a reason to be hostile towards the crew on board did not seem like a good plan. The navigator had wished that the captain killed her instead.

Come to think of it, given how the captain would normally treat those that threaten him, Darius wondered while he didn't kill Frenchie. Was death too good for her? The thought caused Darius to shudder inwardly.

On the other hand, the captain may be impulsive but he is not an idiot. Darius believes the captain has some sort of plan in mind. He just wished Bloodbeard would share his plan.

St. Einstein
2010-11-10, 11:55 PM
"For the last time, my name is not Frenchie!" she nearly hissed at the man, before composing herself gently. She blew some hair off of her forehead. "Forgive me, but it is not every day that I am tossed into a trunk. I am Christine." She did not feel the title worth providing.

Phunbaba
2010-11-11, 09:54 AM
Having heard that the captain was letting the prisoner out and having heard all the puissant orders he'll make his way to the captains quarters.

Walking in Armando will take a look around the room and addressing the Captain say, "So how's Frechie doing. Sorry I wasn't here to take a look at her head earlier. If it wasn't one thing it was another. And by the time I got back you has stuffed her into a chest."

Turning towards the lady he'll address her thus, "So how are you feeling? I heard you got quite the whack on your head. Want me take a look at it? And how are you feeling. I imagine you've got a head ache but how's your vision? Blurry, doubled, trouble focusing? Anything I haven't mentioned?"

littlebottom
2010-11-11, 06:44 PM
seeing that Armando is seeing to Frenchie, Bloodbeard takes clark and Darius aside. "ill show this to ye two, ta set yer nerves at rest. but otherwise, the map doesnt leave this room, and no eyes other than mine shall look upon it again." Bloodbeard mutters. he produces a scroll and unrolls it. pointing to an X "this, is a map o' tha entire carabbean, i hear its extremely accurate. an this, is where were goin" tapping on the X. "a crew took a huge haul, so much so, that they hid half of it with tha intention o' coming straight back for it, unfortunatly greed got tha better o them and the crew fell apart before returnin'." Bloodbeard then rolls up the map again before too long saying "if this goes well, after were done gettin this loot, ill be givin this map to ye, Darius. since it will be more use in your hands after this. tho' im not imcompatent when it come ta maps either but, yer are our navigator."

Xsesiv
2010-11-11, 07:09 PM
"Oh, excellent," grunts Clark, unimpressed. "The Cap'n's found 'isself a treasure map. Sure yer've not been swindled, there?"

littlebottom
2010-11-11, 07:19 PM
Bloodbeard grabs clark by the hair (if he has any) and pulls the back of his head down so that Bloodbeard can peer down at him "wanna say that again clark? or would you rather you dont need a peg leg?"

Lizard Lord
2010-11-11, 07:26 PM
Darius was about to ask about the captain's plan for Frenchie, but seeing Bloodbeard's not unexpected reaction to Clark's comment changed his mind.

"I'll g-get us th-there as f-fast as I c-can C-captain." Darius will rush to the wheel so that he may do his job. He will ask about Frenchie when the captain is in a better mood.

littlebottom
2010-11-11, 07:56 PM
Bloodbeard will let go of clark pretty sharpish, "look, Clark. if YOU start doubtin' me, then next the whole crew'll be doubtin' me, an' that'll lead to mutiny. an' we dont want that. you understand right? nothin' personal. yer a fine pirate, wouldn't be wantin' yer with a peg leg meself."

St. Einstein
2010-11-13, 03:29 PM
Christine glared heavily at the doctor, brushing a stray lock of hair from her forehead. "I will be alright, thank you," she said, somewhat flippantly, before pursing her lips together. "Why did your captain bring me here? she finally asked.