PDA

View Full Version : AI Fleet War Command

Tavar
2010-10-31, 09:21 PM
So, anyone know anything about this game? It's made by Arcen Games (http://www.arcengames.com/), and it looks like it might be interesting, but I'd like to know a bit more about it.

Oh, and it's on sale on impulse, which is why I even thought of it.

Volatar
2010-10-31, 10:43 PM
AI War is hands down the best RTS I have ever played.

I just wish there were more people to play it with. Do any other playgrounders play it?

Tavar
2010-10-31, 10:49 PM
Well, I will shortly. How necessary are the Expansions?

Smight
2010-11-01, 02:44 PM
I have the game, didn't really play it much, seems sort of like 2d version of sins.

Volatar
2010-11-02, 06:46 AM
Well, I will shortly. How necessary are the Expansions?

They aren't. Unlike other games they don't change or fix the core gameplay. Core gameplay changes are released as free patches for everyone. The developer is amazing.

I have the ZR expansion, but I can play without expansions just find (just have to uncheck the expansions in the settings menu and then restart the game)

Tavar
2010-11-02, 07:39 AM
Ah, cool. New question; how does one destroy the Armor Ships? I can never seem to do any real damage to them, as opposed to pretty much everything else.

Demented
2010-11-03, 03:44 PM
Anti-armor ships. :p
I played the demo... I don't recall facing armor ships. Though, I do think it states what each type of ship is strong and weak against.

Tavar
2010-11-03, 03:59 PM
The problem, at least at that point, was that I had a mixed fleet of all types, and I just couldn't kill the 4-5 armor ships in the surrounding systems. And this was with a 100+ mixed fleet focusing all of their fire on them.

Volatar
2010-11-04, 07:12 AM
The problem, at least at that point, was that I had a mixed fleet of all types, and I just couldn't kill the 4-5 armor ships in the surrounding systems. And this was with a 100+ mixed fleet focusing all of their fire on them.

Raid Starships. In the latest patch they do lots of Armor Piercing damage (just now read that in the patchnotes for 4.025 (http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=AI_War_-_Current_Post-4.000_Beta#Prerelease_4.025)).