PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Mark of Making & Master Crafter

Duos Greanleef
2010-11-01, 02:30 AM
Master Crafter: Create magic items @ your level+INT mod.
Mark of Making: Create magic items as if you were two levels higher.
Do they stack?

Asklepian
2010-11-01, 02:53 AM
I'd have to say no. They're both feat bonuses applying to the same number, so only the higher bonus would apply. Here's the reference from pg. 192 of the PHB:

Some of these bonuses apply in any situation.
These are defined as feat bonuses: Great Fortitude
gives you a +2 feat bonus to your Fortitude defense,
and that bonus is always in effect. If you have two
feat bonuses that apply to the same number, only the
higher bonus applies—the bonuses don’t add together.

KillianHawkeye
2010-11-01, 06:19 AM
I'd have to say no. They're both feat bonuses applying to the same number, so only the higher bonus would apply. Here's the reference from pg. 192 of the PHB:

Some of these bonuses apply in any situation.
These are defined as feat bonuses: Great Fortitude
gives you a +2 feat bonus to your Fortitude defense,
and that bonus is always in effect. If you have two
feat bonuses that apply to the same number, only the
higher bonus applies—the bonuses don’t add together.

Since neither of those feats actually provides a Feat Bonus, I say they would stack.

Kurald Galain
2010-11-01, 06:20 AM
I'd have to say no. They're both feat bonuses applying to the same number,

Actually, they're not: there is a difference between "feat bonus" and "bonus granted by a feat". These two are bonuses granted by a feat, but do not count as feat bonuses, because the text of the feat doesn't explicitly say so.

So yes, they do stack. However, this shouldn't be a big deal as you're highly unlikely to be able to afford such items, anyway.

Duos Greanleef
2010-11-01, 08:15 AM
Actually, they're not: there is a difference between "feat bonus" and "bonus granted by a feat". These two are bonuses granted by a feat, but do not count as feat bonuses, because the text of the feat doesn't explicitly say so.

So yes, they do stack. However, this shouldn't be a big deal as you're highly unlikely to be able to afford such items, anyway.

This was along the lines of my thinking.
Thank you Playgrounders!

Aron Times
2010-11-01, 09:12 AM
Fluff-wise, it makes sense for them to stack because House Cannith has the best artificers, engineers, and craftsmen in Eberron.

House Cannith. We build things.

Thajocoth
2010-11-01, 04:08 PM
One says "level + int mod". The other says to treat your level as 2 higher. If your level is 2 higher, then the first feat's result is 2 levels higher.

They absolutely stack.