PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Super healer/doctor cleric

broli
2010-11-01, 03:51 PM
Im starting a D&D 3.5 campaign, and although we are in the standard setting for D&D, my master allowed me to use an eberron feat(master of day and nigth).

im a human lvl 3 cleric. the feat is a spellshaper feat, that requires the standard maximizing spell feat, and allows me to cast all cure/inflict spells maximized without changing the effective level or casting time of the spell.

because of the background and campaign incompatibilities between everron and silver(something) my master allowed me to get the power if i use the next 3 feats

mater of day and nigth (eberron campaign feat)
maximize spell
apprentice

I wanted to use the touch of healing feat (reserve) (in conjunction with the cure domain, i get a +2 NL with conjuration[cure] spells )

chatting with him, i asked if i could use a "cleric variant" to sacrifice turn/rebuke undead ability to get something else (preferably the touch of healing feat). my build, and the back-story of the character point to a medic, not a church man.

his answer was "if its in a book published by wizards, then do it"

i cant find anything like this, so i come to the experts hoping to find what i want, to create this character as i like.

if not, any ideas how to keep this build growing like a super doctor?
any variant/feat/template that will allow me to spend the turn/rebuke undead uses to heal? or to cast a conjuration[cure] spell?

thanks!!!

gbprime
2010-11-01, 03:57 PM
There's a 2-feat chain in Players Handbook II (Sacred Healing, Sacred Purification). The first allows you to spend a Turn attempt for an extra +2 per die of healing plus a bonus to your heal skill. The second allows you to spend a turn attempt to heal everything within 60'.

If you want this stuff sooner rather than later, consider taking flaws for bonus feats.

broli
2010-11-01, 04:22 PM
yeah, the flaws system is what i want actually

i could take 2 flaws, get touch of healing and the first of the 2 feat chain and the character will be everything i want.

sure i wont spot anything more in the life of the character, but i my bad luck was taking care of that already

im even going to offer the dm to take 3 flaws for 2 feats!!!

thanks for the help.

btw, are there any more good "spend turn rebuke to get something" feats?
im only interested in feats that heal/cure ect

gbprime
2010-11-01, 07:46 PM
There aren't many others out there, actually. Here's a list. Anyone, feel free to add if I've overlooked anything.

Augmented Healing - from Complete Divine, the old standby adds +2 HP per spell level.

Magic of the Land - from Races of the Wild, also adds +2 HP per spell level, and stacks with above. But you need a good Knowledge Nature roll to make it work (fail and you blow the spell), and you're restricted on WHERE you can cast it (natural areas).

Healing Devotion - from Complete Champion, spend a Turn attempt to gain fast healing for yourself or someone else.

Initiate of Ilmater - from Players Guide to Faerun, when you heal someone more HP than they need, the extra becomes temporary HP that last 1 hour. Also bonus spells. Need Cleric 7.

Pool of Healing - not a feat, but an alternate class feature from Complete Champion. Permanently give up a 4th level spell slot to gain a pool of Lay on Hands that increases with your character level.

Jack_Simth
2010-11-01, 07:55 PM
Divine Metamagic (Complete Divine) for Persistent Spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#persistentSpell), applying it to something in the Mass Vigor line (Spell Compendium, but also Complete Divine). Nothing quite like Fast Healing for the entire party all day, every day, to fill non-combat healing.