PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Treaty of Thronehold details

Traveler
2010-11-01, 09:26 PM
For various reasons regarding the campaign I am in, it would be very helpful if anyone knows where any details regarding the Treaty of Thronehold. Specifically, I am looking for details regarding the warforged and the forges. All I can find are general statments saying that warforged are free, and the forges are illegal to create and/or use. Any details would be very helpful.

Psyren
2010-11-01, 11:59 PM
I think Five Nations has some additional information on it; borders it established, customs born from the war that it put an end to (e.g. lethal duels in Aundair), the Thronehold Accords etc.

T.G. Oskar
2010-11-02, 12:17 AM
For various reasons regarding the campaign I am in, it would be very helpful if anyone knows where any details regarding the Treaty of Thronehold. Specifically, I am looking for details regarding the warforged and the forges. All I can find are general statments saying that warforged are free, and the forges are illegal to create and/or use. Any details would be very helpful.

The biggest details, as far as I can remember them, were as follows:
Warforged are granted rights as citizens on all places and House Cannith is forced to halt further production of Warforged.
12 countries are recognized as sovereign: four of the original Five Nations (Aundair, Breland, Karrnath and Thrane; Cyre cannot be recognized as it effectively ceased to exist), plus 8 new places: Darguun, the Eldeen Reaches, the Lhazaar Principalities, the Mror Holds, Q'barra, the Talenta Plains, Valenar Zilargo, plus one more I can't seem to recall. An important point was that while Darguun (the goblinoid state) was recognized, Droaam (the monstrous state) wasn't.
Thaliost, a contested state between Aundair and Thrane was formally ceded to the latter. This hasn't helped quell the tensions between both sides.
Certain acts were forbidden: for example, duels to the death in Aundair were outlawed.
A multi-national military court (think Hague) was established for military criminals, which generally end in Dreadhold. However, this tribunal has only recognition in name, since no country actually supports it (sounds similar?)
The boundaries of the remaining Five Nations were clearly established, according to their state at the end of the Last War: Aundair lost Thaliost and Thrane acquired it (as mentioned before), Karrnath lost some terrain to Aundair (IIRC), Breland lost part of its vast territory to both Darguun and Droaam (even though they don't recognize the latter, and neither does any other territory), and Thrane got a few places which no one else wanted to have aside from Thaliost. Of course, this means Cyre effectively ceases to be a nation, with all of its refugees either staying within Brelish lands (on New Cyre) or thrown away anywhere.

There are other things that have also happened after the Treaty, of course: House Cannith is divided into three parts, with the one led by Merrix the younger still (supposedly) creating warforged; Karrnath and Thrane have all of their warforged into indentured service which essentially keeps them as slaves without citizenship; there is supposedly a shadow war still fought (think the Cold War) where anyone with the right amount of power can at any moment shake the foundation of power to their side.

In any case, the best ways to handle a political-inclined game would be one of the following: reignite the Last War with one side taking an unfair advantage (say, blood regent Diane or high cardinal Krozen take power on Thrane, Aundair reclaims Thaliost by means of a strange activity, the Mournlands are restored and Cyre reclaims the land once again, Karrnath moves again powered by a certain something, or even outside forces such as Argonessen or the Dreaming Dark act to reignite the war), or proceed with perestroika (where the shadow wars cease and the tension between the lands lessen towards a globalized Khorvaire).