PDA

View Full Version : Dreamscape?

Cowboy_ninja
2010-11-03, 12:39 AM
to my surprise no such book exists.

However, i could have sworn that some book some where gave references on running a dream themed dungeon.

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Savannah
2010-11-03, 12:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that Heroes of Horror talks about adventuring in dreams. I also believe that the Manual of the Planes talks about a dream plane. Lemme go check.

Edit: Yes to both. HoH pg 52-58, MoP 201-204.

Cowboy_ninja
2010-11-03, 12:47 AM
I've already skimmed through the contents sections of the Planar's handbook and the dungeonscape. nothing.:smallmad:

Savannah
2010-11-03, 12:51 AM
If you didn't see my edit, I gave page numbers there. I suspect that Heroes of Horror is the one you're going for, rather than Manual of the Planes. Of course, you could be thinking of an entirely different book.....

akma
2010-11-03, 02:55 AM
Well, the area should be wierd and changing. Mental stats should matter much more, and one of which should be used to control the sorrunding.
I once saw a rule system specifically meant for adventures in dreams, but it`s in hebrew and not D20. If you want D&D dream adventures, I think you will have to homebrew some rules.

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-11-03, 03:19 AM
Hyperconscious (http://www.montecook.com/mpress_Hyper.html) by Bruce R. Cordell, writer of the Expanded Psionics Handbook, amongst others.

It's entirely dream-based, including an extended adventurer. Pretty cool actually.

Psyren
2010-11-03, 08:01 AM
Hyperconscious (http://www.montecook.com/mpress_Hyper.html) by Bruce R. Cordell, writer of the Expanded Psionics Handbook, amongst others.

It's entirely dream-based, including an extended adventurer. Pretty cool actually.

Seconding this. It's primarily based on psionics though, so if you want dreamland without psionics (for whatever reason) you'll have some editing to do.

dsmiles
2010-11-03, 08:11 AM

I love this book.

panaikhan
2010-11-03, 08:31 AM
You can always borrow from CoC's Dreamlands for ideas.

ToySoldierCPlus
2010-11-03, 09:48 AM
You're talking about the book that had the Lucid Dreaming skill, right? Argh, I know what book it is, but I can't remember. I'll try to find it.

Psyren
2010-11-03, 10:06 AM
If you mean Hyperconscious, Lucid Dreaming is a feat, not a skill. It allows you to remember who you are while asleep, which lets you manifest powers, use items (your dreamself copies your gear) and get a bonus to will saves.

You can do this without the feat, but is a 1% chance normally. (Personally, I'd increase that for psionic characters.)

Eldariel
2010-11-03, 10:19 AM
You're talking about the book that had the Lucid Dreaming skill, right? Argh, I know what book it is, but I can't remember. I'll try to find it.

That's MoP.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-03, 10:26 AM
:smallredface: I was just going to link to a third party publisher called dream.... but now I noticed it is dreamscared press... not dreamscape....