PDA

View Full Version : Recursive Portable holes?

John Cribati
2010-11-03, 09:22 AM
I know that a Bag of Holding in a Portable hole is a Divide By Zero error for the universe, but can you put one portable hole inside another?

dsmiles
2010-11-03, 09:23 AM
Don't think so. Extra dimensional space + extra dimensional space = divide by 0.

Psyren
2010-11-03, 09:45 AM
Something like this, (http://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/06/16/episode-1141-how-deep-does-the-a-hole-go/) I imagine

Shpadoinkle
2010-11-03, 09:45 AM
Uh... pretty much the same thing happens. It's not this specific combination of items, it's ANY extradimensional space being taken into any other such space.

Psyren
2010-11-03, 09:46 AM
Uh... pretty much the same thing happens. It's not this specific combination of items, it's ANY extradimensional space being taken into any other such space.

That could possibly be RAI, but is not RAW.

Yuki Akuma
2010-11-03, 09:52 AM

Nope. It is, in fact, that specific combination of items.

Portable Holes stack just fine. Go as far as you can without your DM hitting you.

Strife Warzeal
2010-11-03, 09:55 AM
Now I am really curious what would happen if I jumped in a bag of holding falling into my portable hole. By that I mean what would my DM say/consequences.

jiriku
2010-11-03, 09:58 AM
That is how vestiges are made.

Coidzor
2010-11-03, 11:09 AM
Now I am really curious what would happen if I jumped in a bag of holding falling into my portable hole. By that I mean what would my DM say/consequences.

Say hi to the Githyanki for the party. :smallamused: Or just to every monster ever defeated in this way before.

Or wait, is that the portable hole inside the bag of holding trick I'm thinking of? :smallconfused:

Marnath
2010-11-03, 02:14 PM
Say hi to the Githyanki for the party. :smallamused: Or just to every monster ever defeated in this way before.

Or wait, is that the portable hole inside the bag of holding trick I'm thinking of? :smallconfused:

Portable hole into bag of holding is the one that gates you to the astral. Bag into hole creates a rift, and both are"lost forever" whatever that means.