PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun Dragon's Return IC

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 03:58 PM
OOC is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9667131#post9667131)

Ezhno gets a call from Carter "Hey, I fond some work for you, simple body guarding work. Should be fairly safe as far as I can tell. Its an Orc asking for protection from Humanis for the next four days and you'll be working with two others. You'll meet with the guy tomorrow. I figured it'd be a good place for you to start doing jobs with out my supervision, you in?"

Joseph calls Arahi: "Arahi its Joseph, I figured you needed some work right, well something came up, not really your style but its all I got right now. Its a body guarding job are you up for it or what?"

Aria gets a call form her fixer: "You want a job? Body Guarding?" said in an uncaring tone.

Ramsés, being a fresh off the boat immigrant is on his own for now, assumedly trying to find what ever kind of work he can as soon as possible.

Devixer
2010-11-03, 04:26 PM
Arahi was enjoying his first real meal in two weeks when Joseph called him via commlink. So, it might be safe to say that he was frustrated. But when it was his main source of work that was calling him, everything got dropped in favor of this. Bodyguard? Well, a sniper could provide some good protection. "Yeah, I'm in. Will I be meeting with Johnson, or do you have the information?"

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 04:51 PM
"You'll be protecting him so yes, you'll meet with him tomorrow."

longbow
2010-11-03, 04:54 PM
Aria, seeing the message in the corner of her vision, quickly sends off a reply, "And how am I supposed to help with that?" and quickly returns to scouring to matrix for somebody to mess with while waiting for a reply.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 05:01 PM
"Hey you aren't exactly top priority. Its what I have available and you'll take what I give you or take nothing. You figure out how your going to go about it."

Anansi33
2010-11-03, 05:37 PM
"Yeah, I'm in," Ezhno responds, leaning back in his chair with his feet resting on his desk. "Do you have a time and place for meeting him?"

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 06:29 PM
"Yeah its all set up, back room of a small runner bar."

longbow
2010-11-03, 06:44 PM
"Fine", Aria sends back "When, where, and who?" and removes herself from the matrix.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 07:01 PM
"Tomorrow, The Empty Shell, an Orc named Andy Smith"

Devixer
2010-11-03, 07:28 PM
"Okay, just give me a location and a time. I'll be there tomorrow."

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 07:46 PM
Arahi is given the additional info.

longbow
2010-11-03, 08:51 PM
Who with? aria sends her fixer while planning a bus route to The Empty Shell.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 10:22 PM
"Names given to me were Arahi Thompson, and Rook, but thats all I've got. I'm sure your perfectly capable about finding what else you need to know but them, yes? Alright then."

longbow
2010-11-03, 10:37 PM
Thanks, what about payment? Aria quickly sends, then goes off in the Matrix looking for info on her "partners"

RandomEncounter
2010-11-03, 10:41 PM
"You'll have to discuss that with him at the meeting."

Vikingkingq
2010-11-03, 11:25 PM
Ramsés, being a fresh off the boat immigrant is on his own for now, assumedly trying to find what ever kind of work he can as soon as possible.

Ramsés:

I wake up with a bang as the plane slams down onto the tarmac at SeaTac Airport, and already the day's off to a bad start when I look out the window and see the ash-gray sky just brimming with rain. I miss my island already.

But there's no point in regrets, no time for backtracking. I deplane discretely, glad I chose a private flight over mass commercial, and pass through the terminal in a sea of generalized paranoia, dreading any second that Saeder-Krupp-bastards-will have hacked my new SIN already or put my visa on a terrorist watchlist, but so far nothing.

A troll squeezed into what some designer thought a 1920s chauffer's costume should look like holds up a sign with "SENOR LIMON" stenciled onto it and I flag him down. "Welcome to Seattle, Mr. Limon," he rumbles, taking the rollercase, that along with my briefcase, represents all of my worldly possessions.

"Thanks, Bob." Moving through the crowd is much easier when you can slip behind Bob like a fishing boat following an icebreaker. The limo's waiting on the kerb, a beautiful piece of Nipponese lightweight chrome that rises on VTOL fans to skim over the thickly-packed traffic.

As we fly up the 99, the driver takes a look in the rearview. "Is this your first time staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel, Mr. Limon?"

"Yes."

"I'm guessing you're on business." Actually, I came here because Saeder-Krupp doesn't have a local affiliate here. "You came in from the Caribbean, so I'm guessing Aztech?" He must be bored, or maybe company policy calls for nosey chatter.

"Something like that." It always helps to go with the flow of people's expectations when you're building an identity, less chance of being remembered if you're just part of the routine.

---------------------

First thing I do is to hit the showers, try to wash off the smell of desperation and panic and get my head working ahead. I need to regroup, make plans, find some way to stop reacting and start-

I walk out of the shower, and the sight of a plain white envelope shoved under the door makes me stop cold. Mr. Limon wasn't expecting a letter because Mr. Limon doesn't exist. I pick up the thing by sliding a magazine under it, and cut it open with my knife, because it wouldn't be too hard for the bastards to order something nasty from Biomed.

It's another sheet of paper, with the phrase Day 366, Ramsés typed right in the middle. Swearing doesn't make it go away, but it makes me feel better. So does kicking a chair across the room and breaking a mirror, but the hotel staff can actually fix that.

A few minutes later, I'm ready for action. The suit's self-cleaning matrix has completed its cycle, so it looks fresh from the tailor's, and the Colt Manhunter fits snugly inside the integral holster. I've got my work tools already packed, and I'm out the door and hailing a cab.

Apparently, the Fractured Helix isn't a bad place to find work.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-04, 02:57 PM
After a while of asking around Ramsés is pointed in the direction of a fixer who has been scouting. You a directed to a cocky well dressed young human (about 25) Siting at at a private table colorful drink in hand and ogling women. A dwarf is with him.

estradling
2010-11-04, 07:00 PM
The dwarf has streaks of silver in his beard. He is wearing a loud 'Hawaiian' shirt and has a drink with an tiny umbrella in it. He waits patiently.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-04, 09:58 PM
While searching for info on the other two, Aria did find out their skill sets and abilities, but also lost focus and accidentally sent a notification to Arahi that his info had been searched for. Being form a technomancer, no IP address (or what ever the equivalent) was given.

Vikingkingq
2010-11-05, 01:34 AM
After a while of asking around Ramsés is pointed in the direction of a fixer who has been scouting. You a directed to a cocky well dressed young human (about 25) Siting at at a private table colorful drink in hand and ogling women. A dwarf is with him.

I quietly slide up to the table and into an open seat. "Good evening, gentlemen. I understand you're looking for talent to recruit. Ramon Martinez, I'm looking for work. Perhaps we could talk while we enjoy a round on me."

RandomEncounter
2010-11-05, 02:23 PM
"Oh man this guy looks a bad ass, and he's giving us free alcohol I like him already."

estradling
2010-11-08, 11:01 AM
The dwarf snorts, "Heh. That's a good start then." He then asks, "We waiting for anyone else?"

RandomEncounter
2010-11-08, 03:38 PM
"Not in particular I've been having...trouble with requirement, but hey it looks like word of mouth is getting around, and we got this new guy to work with.

Vikingkingq
2010-11-10, 05:52 PM
I waggle three fingers in the direction of a passing waitress, and lean forward to ask: "so, what's the job?"

RandomEncounter
2010-11-10, 06:47 PM
Well from research I know there is some available. Unfortunately I haven't been directly approached by a client yet. But I'm going to make a call and get you two a job.

Pulls out his com-link

"Heeey buddy, its Jerry."
"I was calling about that body guarding job."
"What do you mean."
"Well come on you really think that three is enough."
"It could be dangerous."
"Come on, I'm sure the client would want as much help as possible."
"While I think I'm going to send, and let him decide, alright bye then"

Puts com-link away, "alright then we should be good to go. Here's about every thing we know" hands them papers "Good luck out there!"
---

Joseph send Arahi a message, waring him that two people should be showing up that he didn't approve, and that he should be careful.

estradling
2010-11-10, 07:08 PM
The dwarf looks over the intel... "Bodyguarding huh... I guess I'll be needing to look more professional then." He said referring to his bright Hawaiian shirt. He also figured he should maybe spend the rest of the evening getting things ready.

Devixer
2010-11-10, 07:29 PM
"Thanks for the warning, Joseph." Arahi began checking his weapons, making sure they were at least usable. At the same time, he pondered about working with a team, something he had yet to do.

RandomEncounter
2010-11-10, 11:19 PM
The day passes and the time gets close for the meeting. You should arrive before the client does. People will arrive in the order of their posts. Take this time to set up the room in any way you need to and meet with your team mates.

longbow
2010-11-11, 12:13 AM
Aria take a bus route to arrive near the bar at least 30 minutes before the designated meeting time. She then walks the rest of the way to an alley near the bar and watches others enter to both see the teammates she has researched and to make sure there is no special procedure for entering. About time I got out of the house, but I might not be too good at bodyguarding. I wouldn't have imagined that my first mission with others would be like this.

Vikingkingq
2010-11-11, 01:21 AM
About a half hour before the job's supposed to start, the hotel air limo drops me in a vacant lot a few blocks from The Empty Shell; I've ditched the briefcase, and my tools are settled easily on the belt in the small of my back.

I blink my eyes twice, and the scene begins to zoom out until I can see the whole scene from above. The comm-link blinks on, and begins to build me a map of potential trouble spots - vacants, recently renteds, accessible rooftops.

Once I've completed a circuit around the bar, I make my way inside, not for the first time thinking about the irony of organizing security in a bar full of people who quite happily kill people for money. As I pass through the crowd, my comm-link brings up SeaScape ratings, looking for anyone in wetwork who's been hired very recently.

I make my way to the back room, engaging the group comm-line:

Loki7: In position. Ready when you are.

estradling
2010-11-12, 12:52 PM
Denic does a bit of digging into the meeting place so that he know what the proper dress code and weapon policy are. With that information the old dwarf makes sure he is appropriately dressed.

He arrives about 5 minutes before the meet, ready to deal