PDA

View Full Version : Mental for Elementals [D&D 3.0/3.5]

Ragitsu
2010-11-03, 04:33 PM
Asides from the basic Elementals (Air/Earth/Fire/Water), is there a list of all the Elementals in every D&D 3.0/3.5 book or supplement out there?

HunterOfJello
2010-11-03, 04:56 PM
We can make a list.

In the d20 index list of monsters I found:

Air Elemental
Earth Elemental
Fire Elemental
Water Elemental

Storm Elemental

Omnimental

Smoke Para-Elemental
Ice Para-Elemental
Storm Elemental
Magma Para-Elemental
Ooze Para-Elemental

Darkness Pseudo-Elemental

Air Elementite Swarm
Earth Elementite Swarm
Fire Elementite Swarm
Water Elementite Swarm

~

As far as templates go there are:

Air Elemental Creatures
Cold Elemental Creatures
Earth Elemental Creatures
Fire Elemental Creatures
Ice Elemental Creatures
Magma Elemental Creatures
Ooze Elemental Creatures
Smoke Elemental Creatures
Water Elemental Creatures
Wood Elemental Creatures

Necromental - An undead elemental (?!)

Half-Air Elemental
Half-Earth Elemental
Half-Fire Elemental
Half-Water Elemental

Ragitsu
2010-11-03, 05:01 PM
Ah yes, Monster Manual III is good on the Elemental front.

hamishspence
2010-11-03, 05:25 PM
Darkness Pseudo-Elemental

Is that the Shadow Elemental from Dragon Magazine and Tome of Magic?

Heroes of Horror has the Taint Elemental.

Besides the Necromental, Libris Mortis has several undead which were once elementals- like the dessicator, but I'm not sure if they count.

Ragitsu
2010-11-03, 06:01 PM
I think there was a Lasagna Elemental in a Wizards of the Coast web article (or was it adventure?). Is lasagna/pasta really an element?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-11-03, 06:12 PM
I think there was a Lasagna Elemental in a Wizards of the Coast web article (or was it adventure?). Is lasagna/pasta really an element?

AFAIK it was part joke part low-level introductory golem... and yeah I think it appeared in a published adventure... also IIRC it was a calzone golem

Coidzor
2010-11-03, 06:13 PM

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Calzone golem? (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Cooking.pdf)

Edit: SWORD SAGE!!!

Eldan
2010-11-03, 06:25 PM
There are the para-elementals up there, have the quasi-elementals ever been ported to 3.x outside Planewalker?

hamishspence
2010-11-03, 06:27 PM
I think Necromancer Games had a few in the Tome of Horrors books. I think I recall a Lightning elemental, and a Gravity (Void?) elemental.

Ragitsu
2010-11-03, 07:10 PM
Aw man, my hopes for a Pastamental are dashed.

Gensh
2010-11-03, 07:21 PM
I remember heresy elementals from somewhere.

Ragitsu
2010-11-03, 07:30 PM
I remember heresy elementals from somewhere.

Like the candy?

Just kidding.

arguskos
2010-11-03, 09:39 PM
There are the para-elementals up there, have the quasi-elementals ever been ported to 3.x outside Planewalker?
No, the Quasi-Elementals (Salt, Dust, Vacuum, Mineral, Radiance, Lightning, Ash, and Steam, for those who don't know) have never been ported officially. Of course, the Planewalker stuff is awesome ANYWAYS.

Also, in Dragon #347 appear the following Elemental creatures: the Para-elemental Monoliths and Element Creature templates (so, Ooze, Magma, Ice, and Smoke); and five Princes of Elemental Evil (Cryonax, Imix, Ogremoch, Olhydra, and Yan-C-Bin).

Additionally, the list above does not include the Elemental Monoliths, which are from C. Arcane.

Further yet, I believe there is a printed Archomental template in a Dragon magazine issue somewhere, but I can't find it.

Fax Celestis
2010-11-03, 10:04 PM
Don't forget the Avatars of Elemental Evil from MM-IV: Black Rock Triskelion, Cyclonic Ravager, Holocaust Disciple, and Waterveiled Assassin. Also contains the Lodestone Marauder which, while elemental-like, is actually an aberration IIRC.

Fax Celestis
2010-11-05, 04:04 PM
And MM-V has the Ruin Elemental, the Ember Guard (though that might not be Elemental type), and Frostwind Virago (Fey type, but very awesomely ice elementally themed).

Eldan
2010-11-05, 06:31 PM
Also, in Dragon #347 appear the following Elemental creatures: the Para-elemental Monoliths and Element Creature templates (so, Ooze, Magma, Ice, and Smoke); and five Princes of Elemental Evil (Cryonax, Imix, Ogremoch, Olhydra, and Yan-C-Bin).

Anything with Yan-c-bin in it makes me a happy camper. Of course, everyone is forgetting the Prince of Mud.

Zeta Kai
2010-11-05, 10:03 PM
I made the Elemental Plane of Flesh (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3040009#post3040009) as an excuse to showcase the Ligamentals (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3065731#post3065731). An then there's my Dung Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2949455#post2949455), or as I should have called him, the Excremental.

Lhurgyof
2010-11-05, 10:08 PM
Asides from the basic Elementals (Air/Earth/Fire/Water), is there a list of all the Elementals in every D&D 3.0/3.5 book or supplement out there?

Hmm, I remember the Dark Sun wheel being:

Air, opposed by Earth
Fire, opposed by Water
Sun, opposed by Silt
Rain, opposed by Magma
Magic, opposed by Shadow
Spirit, opposed by Mind
And Time, which has no opposition.

Hope that helps!

Also, can't forget Taint Elementals from the Heroes of Horror from the comprehensive list up there.