PDA

View Full Version : Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade

Black_Zawisza
2010-11-03, 10:17 PM
I've got a Warblade 7 in play right now, and I'm considering taking levels in Bloodstorm Blade. Is Warblade/Bloodstorm Blade superior to straight Warblade at level 20? If so, how many levels should I take in each to get as many benefits as I can from each class? If it helps, here's my current build:

Attributes:

STR: 18
DEX: 15
CON: 18
INT: 16
WIS: 8
CHA: 10

Greatsword (2D6 + 1.5 STR)
Chain Shirt (+4 AC, +4 max DEX mod)

Feats:
Power Attack
Cleave
Imp. Bull Rush
Leap Attack
Shock Trooper

Maneuvers:
Moment of Perfect Mind (Concentration ranks + CON to Will save)
Mountain Hammer (+2D6 damage, ignores hardness, damage reduction
Emerald Razor (Touch attack)
Wall of Blades (Attack roll = AC against one attack [I bloody love this paired with Shock Trooper!])
Iron Heart Surge (Yeah, yeah, y'all know what THIS does...)
Lightning Recovery (Reroll an attack with an additional +2 bonus)
White Raven Strike (If it hits, enemy flatfooted for an entire round)

Black_Zawisza
2010-11-03, 10:40 PM
Oh, also, the following is the party composition:

Sorcerer
Soulknife/Psion
Warlock
Paladin
Cleric
Warblade (me)

Kylarra
2010-11-03, 10:42 PM
It comes down to mostly if you'd rather have high level maneuvers or be able to throw lots of things.

Amphetryon
2010-11-03, 10:42 PM
You qualified for White Raven Tactics and chose not to take it? Um..... *sob*

Moving on.

Warblade 20 has an awesome ability that makes it more than worthwhile, but in games that actually play the intermediate levels, Bloodstorm Blade is a highly useful alternative. You want Lightning Ricochet; levels beyond that are nifty but not essential, and grant you no new maneuvers, which are the lifeblood of a ToB build.

The ability to throw really huge things has humorous and practical value for a BsB, so a dip into Psychic Warrior or the Wild Talent feat + gaining Expansion (or better, the Hidden Talent sidebar feat) is potentially useful. I believe there's a list around here of ways to increase your size that you might consider reading.

Black_Zawisza
2010-11-03, 10:51 PM
You qualified for White Raven Tactics and chose not to take it? Um..... *sob*

Moving on.

Warblade 20 has an awesome ability that makes it more than worthwhile, but in games that actually play the intermediate levels, Bloodstorm Blade is a highly useful alternative. You want Lightning Ricochet; levels beyond that are nifty but not essential, and grant you no new maneuvers, which are the lifeblood of a ToB build.

The ability to throw really huge things has humorous and practical value for a BsB, so a dip into Psychic Warrior or the Wild Talent feat + gaining Expansion (or better, the Hidden Talent sidebar feat) is potentially useful. I believe there's a list around here of ways to increase your size that you might consider reading.
Eh, it'd be cheap to use it on myself, and until our casters start using some good spells, I can put that swift action to better use ubercharging punks.

Even just Lightning Richochet would cost me 9th level maneuvers, though...dang...

I don't see how it'd be practical. Can you elaborate?

Black_Zawisza
2010-11-04, 06:44 PM
bumpitty bump bump

Runestar
2010-11-04, 08:38 PM
Bloodstorm blade seems like a contradiction. It lets you apply your maneuvers to ranged attacks, yet does not grant new maneuvers. And it gives only 1/2 IL progression.

I would personally recommend no more than 4 lvs of bloodstorm, if only to give your warblade some ranged capabilities. You already get most of the good stuff, IMO - the ability to apply your melee stat mods to thrown weapons, initiating maneuvers with ranged attacks and free returning property on your weapons.

Fouredged Sword
2010-11-05, 05:55 AM
The attack everythng in sight power can be used to turn blood in the water into a superbuff with a high crit weapon (say a keen falchion with improved critical)

There is a warblade / fighter / disiple of dispater / bloodstorm blade build that kills armies signlehanded.

Bloodstorm blade is great for such things, but make sure that you have a way to turn those tons of attacks into something useful, like stormguard crazyness or blood in the water.

Tytalus
2010-11-05, 07:20 AM
Even just Lightning Richochet would cost me 9th level maneuvers, though...dang...

Not at all.

A warblade6/BSB4/warblade10 has an initiator level of 18. See ToB, p.39.

Kylarra
2010-11-05, 10:40 AM
Yeah if you stack your BSB levels before your remaining warblade ones, you'll still get to 18.