PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Deadly Evil: Toptomcat, Monkman, Master_Rahl and Redmane

Cadian 9th
2010-11-03, 11:27 PM
DM

The room you 4 stand in is 100ft wide and 100ft deep. There are several burning torches on the walls, and the carpeted floor is a dull red. At the north wall is a door, in the center of the wall: a large double door with a big heavy wooden look and metal doorknobs. A plate of metal fixed on the door reads Room 1 -"Business as Usual...".

The Eastern wall has 4 cubes, which glow with magic. They are signed as "Magic-Mart". A sign reads "Re-Rolls! Control your fate. Now for just 500gp, max 3 per customer, not available anywhere else. If we sell out, you miss out!"

The Western wall contains a series of empty Potraits. The Southern Wall has 4 "Phone Boxes", labelled "Save? Reload?"

You are aware of some rules, as listed on each phone box. You cannot create an effect that would render you unkillable. You cannot teleport outside of the room you are in. You cannot burrow beyond the boundries of the room you are in. You may not step on the grass.

Your objective is to reach the top floor. Says a glowing orb like creature, in a musical tone. Once you have, you will be rewarded! He says, before floating around and fading away.

Do as you wish here, buy any magic items etc, heal, cast pre-combat spells, talk if you want.

monkman
2010-11-04, 03:59 PM
A goliath walks in,hammer in hand, eagle on his shoulder and accopanied by 2 creatures, A dinosaur and a gaint bat.
He walks up to the conter on says,
I would like to buy 2 rerolls.

Toptomcat
2010-11-04, 06:10 PM
"This is all very cute, really, but we really should make sure that it's not all trying to kill us before we take it at face value. Very few of the dungeons I've explored in the past have been so polite as to provide a lobby. Sophia, can you help me out here?"

Jeremy mumbles a few prayers under his breath, then holds his halberd out and takes a long, slow look around the room.

Using Guidance SLA four times, to provide a +1 competence bonus on both his own and Anias' Spot and Listen checks.
Own Spot check: [roll0]
Own Listen check: [roll1]
Anias' Spot check: [roll2]
Anias' Listen check: [roll3]
Sophia: Concentrate for two rounds on Karsus' Senses: gain information on everything within a 30' radius as if Detect Magic had been cast and concentrated on for three rounds on everything in that radius, with no Spellcraft checks required to detect magical schools
Low-light vision, Darkvision 60 feet.
(Assuming, as probably happens, that I find nothing:)

"...well, it looks all right. I'd like everyone to gather around me, please: I have a few spells to cast that may be helpful."

A few prayers to Wee Jas- all in plain speech and most involving ritual flattery of her most attractive features- follow.

(Casting Iron Silence, Greater Status, and Mass Conviction. Everyone gets to ignore their armor check penalty to Move Silently checks- probably almost entirely irrelevent but it is a shared spell so I might as well share it- and gets a +4 morale bonus to all saves for two and a half hours.)

Afterwards, he attempts to use a save box, but buys no re-rolls.

redmane
2010-11-04, 06:46 PM
A tiny shadow dragon popped in, perched himself on one of the torch holders, studying his companions inquisitively.

- Nirk! Nirk am I! Yes, spells are good, me got some too! Good for everyone!

Then a strange melody enveloped all in the room, giving some quite obvious benefits...

+9d6 sonic and +1d6 cold damage to all your melee and ranged attacks, due to Dragonfire Inspiration and Persistent Snowsong

Snowsong also gains you fast healing 1, cold resistance 15, +4 morale to CHA and attack rolls, and +4 insight to AC

Persistent Haste gives you another +1 untyped to attack, +1 dodge AC and Reflex, +30' to all speed modes, and an extra attack at your highest bonus

Marshal auras give you one of: +19 to initiative (when DEX aura is on, usually just before the battle); +19 to INT-based skills (usually when traveling, for trapfinding boost; also used to boost Knowledge Devotion); or +19 to defeat SR checks (active during battle, as most of my spells allow SR). There's also a major aura that could give you +1 to either melee or ranged attack, but that one's peanuts

Toptomcat
2010-11-04, 09:11 PM
Jeremy actually reels for a moment as the sheer force of Nirk's magic hits him: this is clearly some serious juju.
"Wow. You weren't kidding about your capabilities. The healing in particular is very much appreciated, though redundant in my personal case: it allows me to spend a lot more of my magic on smiting our enemies and keeping you from getting hurt and a lot less of it healing you up afterwards.
Who's left? ...ah, yes, that Jorryn fellow. I'm looking forward to working with him: he had quite the resume."

All allies within 20 feet of Jeremy are affected as per a double-strength Magic Circle against Evil and a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability.
All allies within 10 feet receive a +1 morale bonus on all attacks and skill checks, as well as a +2 morale bonus on saves vs. charm and fear effects. Keep in mind that the attack bonus is redundant with Nirk's Snowsong.
Edit: Oh! Also, Anias manifests Detect Remote Viewing- 24 hours, automatically making Jeremy aware of any attempt to observe him by means of a clairsentience (scrying) power or divination (scrying) spell. He knows the location of every psionic or magical sensor within a 40' emanation.

If the viewing attempt originates within the area, he also knows the viewer’s location. Otherwise, Anias and the remote viewer immediately make opposed manifester level checks (1d20 + manifester level, or viewer’s caster level as appropriate). If he at least matches the remote viewer’s result, he gets a visual image of the remote viewer and an accurate sense of the remote viewer’s direction and distance from him.

Additionally, the twins start projecting draconic auras- PHB II power for Sophia and Senses for Logos. Every ally within 30' of Jeremy gets +1 to weapon damage, initiative, Spot checks, and Listen checks.
Strictly speaking, that's every ally within 30' of his halberd and armor, but unless something goes drastically wrong the two should be synonymous.

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-05, 07:34 AM
A tall, somewhat gangly but devilishly handsome human enters the lobby. He says, "Good day, ladies and gents. Jorryn Avarion at your service, summoner extraordinaire." With that, he snaps his fingers and a Medium size earth elemental appears next to him. Jorryn speaks in a strange language that some of you may recognize as Terran, and the elemental pulls 3 chunks of earth from its own body and begins to juggle them. Jorryn smiles and says, "My specialty is summoning beings from the lower plane and tricking them into doing my bidding. I've never lost control of one yet, so just follow my lead. Oh, and please for the love of your Deity of Choice whatever you do don't go around shouting 'For Pelor!" or any of that kind of thing while I have a few devils and demons around. It makes it much harder to keep them thinking they're serving some evil mastermind when his companions keep praying to gods of holiness and light."

He gives another winning smile and heads over to the Magic Mart to look at their collection of scrolls.

I'll purchase a few scrolls, but I'll have to fill them in later today.

Toptomcat
2010-11-05, 10:24 PM
"Oh, you're one of those Vital Pact people! Malconwhatsits. You types are fun to work with- I'll try to keep a straight face while you feed your pack of lies to your demons and devils and all the rest of them.
Have you got any spells that you'd like to cast on yourself and the group, or are we ready to move on once you've finished shopping?"

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-06, 10:11 PM
Jorryn smiles and says, "Malconvoker, yes. I find it to be quite poetic to remove some evil being from its work and trick it into serving the cause of good. As for spells, all of mine tend to be of a short duration, so they're best saved for when combat is imminent or has been joined. I suppose I'll skip on the scrolls for now. Let's be off."

redmane
2010-11-06, 10:59 PM
- Demons? You're a demonbinder? Can you call one right now, just for fun? I'd love to see you playing tricks on demons!

Toptomcat
2010-11-06, 11:55 PM
"I'm sure that we will see more demons than we care to by the end of the day. The introductions aren't over, though! Anias, Sophia, Logos- time to say hello."

For a moment, nothing happens, other than Jeremy standing there alone, looking rather silly. Then a gray mist seeps out under the chinks and crannies of his armor, flowing together swiftly to form the outline of a figure. For an instant its eyes gleam with malace, and a nameless horror seizes the hearts of onlookers- then, as if coming into focus, the vague, menacing figure is gone, and in its place is a transparent, tall, bespectacled young man with a handsomely angular face. He wears a stylishly designed one-piece uniform of red and black silk, with a red skull patch over the heart.

"My name is Anias. As you may have surmised, I am mortality-impaired, but make no mistake- I neither raven for the flesh of the living nor harbor an implacable hatred for all that lives. I have been extensively trained in the use of psionics of a generally supporting and sensory character: additionally I will be using my natural telekinetic abilities to your collective advantage."

Similar red mists flow from the armor itself and Jeremy's halberd, coalescing into a slightly-built pair of perfectly solid identical twins- female and in similar uniforms, with oddly unfinished features and alabaster-white skin that contrasts appealingly with their dark uniforms. They bow in perfect synchrony, and speak in turns, each one picking up midsentence where the other leaves off with flawless timing.

"We're something stranger. You've heard stories of fiends possessing men and items, granting mortals great power but leading them to their doom? Apparently that's no innate ability like most of what they do- it's a learned skill, almost a profession in itself. The church has put together some weird planar juju that makes us 'register' to the universe at large as fiends, even though we aren't, and now we've learned to do it too- only downplaying the 'doom' bit and playing the 'great power' card early and often. Weird stuff, but it's worked so far.
The whole identical schtick is...ethnic. Takes too long to explain. Just know this:"
"I'm Sophia- I'm the cute one."
"I'm Logos- I'm the charming one."
"Don't mix us up."

Jeremy chuckles at the twins' antics.

"All together, we're field-testing an experiment of the Jainite church in voluntary possession. The tactical advantages of having three beings- each with their own powerful capabilities- looking out for just one body are obvious, but we're not entirely sure whether it can be managed long-term without at least one of us going batty. Too many cooks spoil the psyche and all that. Thus: a little bit of talking to 'myself' is to be expected, but if you catch me addressing trees or rocks as dear old nuncle or raving about lizards crawling out of the walls, please let me know so we can write this off as a bad job and go home before someone gets themselves disintegrated."

The twins give a wave, and Anias a curt nod, before dissolving back into Jeremy's equipment and self respectively. Jeremy himself stretches, cracks his knuckles, and smiles broadly.

"Time for the door, then. Mr. Avarion, I believe that trapfinding is another one of your many talents?"

Anias suppresses his Horrific Appearance ability during his introduction.
Also, before entering the first chamber, Sophia readies an action to switch the bane type to a visible opponent.

redmane
2010-11-07, 10:34 AM
- Traps! I enjoy traps, especially making them not work! And I have a magic spell just for that, too!

Dragon flapped his wings, and a wave of pure mental power washed all over you,giving +19 to all INT-based checks, due to a marshal aura activated. And, in case anybody needs it, my DD is +44 - probably not as high as anyone optimizing INT would have, but enough to give a +2 by Aid Another

Dragon, meanwhile, continued his incantations. His features changed subtly in a terrifying way, and his eyes developed a icy bluish hue. He averted his gaze from the rest of the party.

- Try not to meet my gaze, as it can get creepy, and quite chilly sometimes.

That's persistent Fear, and persistent Freezing Glance. My, I love the synergy of DMM over bard spells - so much more tasty stuff to persist, compared to clerics!

Toptomcat
2010-11-09, 09:36 PM
(Rahl, that last was for you. Would you mind checking our first door for traps before we go through?)

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-10, 09:54 PM
(Apologies, haven't checked back in a while)

Jorryn says, "You'll get to see the fiends soon enough, I'd rather not waste one of my limited summonings for mere entertainment you understand." He then heads over to the door into the tower, proceeding to examine the entirety of it and the entryway. He swiftly attempts to disable any traps that he finds.

[roll0]
[roll1]

O.o at redmane who apparently didn't optimize Int and has 1 less than my check for DD...

Cadian 9th
2010-11-12, 06:33 PM
No traps and no devices found. The door is, in fact, a door.

OOC:

Nice RP guys! I'll try and keep up.

Toptomcat
2010-11-12, 07:31 PM
"All right, then: I suggest you move away from the door. I'll open it telekinetically, just in case you missed anything- then Derish and I can lead the way into the next room.
Ready? Go!"

(Assuming nobody raises any serious objections, Anias then activates Telekinesis as a standard action and uses the Sustained Force application to open the door. They then take a look inside.)

redmane
2010-11-12, 08:22 PM
Dragon nodded, and, still trying not to meet anyone's eyes, rushed into the room. Everyone felt a different kind of wave rushing all over them - this time, it sharpened their senses, making everyone's reaction lightning fast.

Let's have some fun. DEX aura active, granting everyone +19 to initiative. Rolling mine, mostly to determine who among us goes first. :smallbiggrin:[roll0]

Do we have any melee attackers in the group? I'm thinking of having some tentacled fun (courtesy of Evard's), but don't want to accidentally grapple one of us - believe me, you don't want to get grappled by these...

monkman
2010-11-12, 08:52 PM
Derish walks up with his megaraptor to the door. His direbat and his eagle both take flight.
I'm the melee-er and here are my animal stats just for refrence

Mega raptor
Size/Type: Large Animal
Hit Dice: 212
Initiative: +2
Speed: 60 ft. (12 squares)
Armor Class: 23 ( -1 size, +2 Dex, +12 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +8//+15
Attack: Talons +15 melee ( 2d6+5)
Full Attack: Talons +15melee ( 2d6+7) and 2 foreclaws +13melee (1d4+4) and bite +13melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./ 5 ft.
Special Attacks: Pounce
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +4
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +5 +9, Jump +27, Listen +12, Spot +12, Survival +12
Feats: Run, Toughness, Track

DIRE BAT
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 55
Initiative: +6
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 40 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (–1 size, +6 Dex, +5 natural), touch 15,
flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+10
Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d8+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Blindsense 40 ft.
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +10, Will +6
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 22, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +4, Listen +12*, Move Silently +11, Spot +8*
Feats: Alertness, Stealthy

EAGLE
Small Animal
Hit Dice: (9 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 80 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 14 (+1 size, +2 Dex, +1 natural), touch 13,
flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–4
Attack: Talons +3 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: 2 talons +3 melee (1d4) and bite –2 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:—
Special Qualities: Low-light vision
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 2, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +14
Feats:Weapon Finesse

Toptomcat
2010-11-12, 10:28 PM
(Sophia and Logos have their Senses and PHB II Power auras active as the entry occurs, giving everyone involved a further +1 untyped bonus to init, Spot, Listen, and melee damage. Which means that we all get a nice round +20 to initiative. Here's mine: [roll0] And Anias': [roll1]. And Sophia/Logos': [roll2] (EDIT: Durrr, forgot that my cohorts get the universal init bonii too. Add +20 to each of them)
I'm a melee attacker, but I'm high-mobility and have reach, so I'm capable of hitting anyone in the outer 10' of an Evard's effect without falling in myself. So long as you aren't creating awkward chokepoints for us, I say go for E's so far as I'm concerned.)

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-13, 01:42 PM
Jorryn touches a ring on his right and and disappears from sight. He then peers into the room and takes a look around.

OOC:
Activating Ring of Invisibilty. [roll0] [roll1] Hmm, I didn't even buy a weapon. Should I go back and grab a crossbow? I have no problem with Evard's Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion, and any creatures I summon won't get a say in the matter. :smallbiggrin:

monkman
2010-11-13, 06:01 PM
I have to roll my initiative
[roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-18, 01:09 PM
So what's up guys? We still doing this? Does anybody think I should go back and buy a crossbow?

Toptomcat
2010-11-18, 02:22 PM
We're all waiting on Cadian, our GM. Cadian, would you prefer to let one of the sub-GMs run this one?

Cadian 9th
2010-11-19, 03:22 AM
Ok, all effects acknowledged. And you guys are right, its just I've had no time this week to do much. I'll prolly put one of the other DMs on this one and keep to my other games.

DM

Opening the door reveals a room 100 ft by 100ft - There is a door at 5,5 and another at 10,0. The door you came through is at 10,5.

There are two massive troll creatures stading in the center of the room. They wear shining plate armour and carry massive, yet thin, blades which they wield with incredible finesse. Surrounded by a mantle of flame, they roar a challenge!

" Eh! Get ovr here, so I can put your head on me pointy stick!" One says, and you spot a rack of skulls and fresh heads on his back spike.

Another "monster" rocks up, a halfling with an electric guitar.

Ini: [roll0]
Ini2: [roll1]

Map:

{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10_|
1|||||||B|
2|
3|
4|||||T|T||T|T|
5|||||T|T||T|T|
6|
7|
8|
9|
10|||||X|[/table]

X marks your entrance door. If you win ini, go on ahead.

Toptomcat
2010-11-19, 04:05 PM
Jeremy Dodd
"I'll take the bard before he can help the other two out!" Seems a pity, though: that is one stylish-looking instrument, and now I'll never get to find out what it sounds like.
Jeremy is off like a shot, vaulting up and over the left-hand troll before it has the time to blink and crashing down like a descending meteor on the halfling bard.
Charging the bard as a full-round action: the trolls should be flat-footed since they haven't acted yet, so no AoOs. Auto-success on Jump check required to activate Battle Jump and Leap Attack (I think a nat 1 is a 66). Knowledge Devotion rolls (Knowledge: Local for halflings): [roll0], Collector of Stories skill trick used. For trolls (Knowledge: nature for giants): [roll1]
Attack and damage rolls to follow once I know how much to add to them from K Devotion.

Toptomcat
2010-11-19, 04:11 PM
Lion Totem grants full attack. Halberd of Vaulting, Valorous, Battle Jump damage multipliers apply. Not Power Attacking. Sneak Attack applies barring some ability that prevents it.
Haste attack: [roll0], damage [roll1]+[roll2] slashing + [roll3] Sneak Attack + [roll4] sonic + [roll5] cold (Vs. evil: +[roll6] holy)
Attack 1: [roll7], damage [roll8]+[roll9] slashing + [roll10] Sneak Attack + [roll11] sonic + [roll12] cold (Vs. evil: +[roll13] holy)
Attack 2: [roll14], damage [roll15]+[roll16] slashing + [roll17] Sneak Attack + [roll18] sonic + [roll19] cold (Vs. evil: +[roll20] holy)
Attack 3: [roll21], damage [roll22]+[roll23] slashing + [roll24] Sneak Attack + [roll25] sonic + [roll26] cold (Vs. evil: +[roll27] holy)
Edit: Forgot attack modifier for a charge. Raise all attack rolls by 2.

Toptomcat
2010-11-19, 04:18 PM
Following this, Anias will make a telekinetic grapple attempt on the halfling if he survived and on the leftmost troll if he didn't. [roll0]. The twins have an init after the first opponent but before the last (they're unspecified): Logos will Lightning Strike the nearest valid enemy target within 50' for [roll1] electricity damage, Ref DC 15 half.

redmane
2010-11-19, 04:28 PM
You forgot sonic and [rol]1d6 cold from my effects. And now I'm at loss as to what to throw... was planning the tentacles, but now you're pretty much in the center of its effect... guess I'll just delay after you and wait for the results of your attack.

Toptomcat
2010-11-19, 04:32 PM
I didn't forget. It's right there after Sneak Attack damage and before the Holy damage vs. Evil.
Edit: Did you mean that the supernatural and spell-like effects from my cohorts- one of which isn't even damage-dealing- get the bonus as well? That's some powerful juju...

redmane
2010-11-19, 09:57 PM
My bad, didn't notice it. Also, only attacks are enhanced, not SLAs

Toptomcat
2010-11-23, 12:40 PM
Rahl? Monkman? Anybody?

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-24, 04:42 PM
I got out of the habit of checking on this during the last lull. I'll have my turn posted at some point tonight.

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-25, 10:30 PM
Jorryn speaks a few words and suddenly 2 bone devils appear on the battlefield. Jorryn says in Infernal, "The halfling and the trolls have found a way to steal souls that rightfully belong to the Nine Hells and take them to the Upper Planes! Stop them!" He then directs one to grapple the halfling, and the other to attack the nearest troll.

Rolls:
Casting Summon Monster VII, burning 2 TU attempts for DMM: Rapid. Summon 2 Bone Devils due to the Fiendish Legion Malconvoker ability. Take 10 on the Bluff check against both for a 40 Bluff, which cannot be beaten by their +15 Sense Motive. Both Bone Devils are here for double the duration, and gain +2 to damage and +2 HP per HD, +2 on Will, and my caster level counts as 2 higher for dispelling them.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Devil 1 appears in 81-92 and grapples the halfling, provokes AoO
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Devil 2 appears in 92-103 and full attacks the troll on the right
Bite +14 melee (1d8+5) and 2 claws +12 melee (1d4+2) and sting +12 melee (3d4+2 plus poison)
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12] and DC 20 Fort save or take [roll13] Strength damage

Toptomcat
2010-11-27, 12:54 AM
Monkmaaaaan?

monkman
2010-11-27, 07:56 AM
Derish and his mega raptor move to one of the trolls(the one closes to him) and attack.
assuming that it a charge beacuse with my move speed, Im not going anywhere
attack(barb)
[roll0]
attack(Dino)
[roll1]
damage(barb)
[roll2] physical+[roll3] Acid,fire,shock
damage (Dino)
[roll4]
This is not factoring any other enhacements. IF im not factoring something just roll it and ill add it.

Master_Rahl22
2010-11-29, 11:05 PM
So, is this still happening? Are we waiting on Cadian now?

Roc Ness
2010-12-18, 03:10 AM
So, is this still happening? Are we waiting on Cadian now?

Nope, you are now waiting on me. Who is waiting on Cadian. :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2010-12-19, 11:34 PM
EDIT: Err.. Guys? Have you rolled Initiative? 'Cos that wasn't a surprise round.

Master_Rahl22
2010-12-20, 09:02 AM
Didn't you just say that you were waiting on Cadian? Also, yes we all preemptively rolled Init for the first encounter. I think we've all taken our first turn but I'm not sure.

Roc Ness
2010-12-20, 05:49 PM
Didn't you just say that you were waiting on Cadian? Also, yes we all preemptively rolled Init for the first encounter. I think we've all taken our first turn but I'm not sure.

Not anymore. So I take it that everybody who needs a turn has had a turn? We can get to the Trolls and the Bard, assuming there's anything left of them?

Toptomcat
2010-12-23, 01:40 AM
Yes, that's so.

Roc Ness
2010-12-29, 09:50 PM
OoC: Sorry this took so long, I can't make heads or tails of the sheer amount of everything on your sheets, 'cos woah, that's a lot of sources. :smalltongue:

DM: Toptomcat
Toptomcat, you are punished for your incorrect assumption. You get AoO'd a total of 10 2 times for your troubles. If you survive, you get to kill overkill overnuke the little bard.

Attack of Opportunities
[roll0] Attack (AoO #1)
[roll1] Damage (AoO #1)

[roll2] Attack (AoO #2)
[roll3] Damage (AoO #2)

[roll4] Attack (AoO #3)
[roll5] Damage (AoO #3)

[roll6] Attack (AoO #4)
[roll7] Damage (AoO #4)

[roll8] Attack (AoO #5)
[roll9] Damage (AoO #5)

[roll10] Attack (AoO #6)
[roll11] Damage (AoO #6)

[roll12] Attack (AoO #7)
[roll13] Damage (AoO #7)

[roll14] Attack (AoO #8)
[roll15] Damage (AoO #8)

[roll16] Attack (AoO #9)
[roll17] Damage (AoO #9)

[roll18] Attack (AoO #10)
[roll19] Damage (AoO #10)

Twins' actions will come in next post once we've verified whether you (and by extension, the halfling) survived.

DM: Master_Rahl
Devil 1's actions to be verified as soon as we confirm whether the halfling is alive to be grappled at.

Devil 2 doesn't hit at all, although it gets a few near misses. The troll flares with burning flame while the devil attacks, but nothing happens.

DM: Monkman
You charge the nearest troll, i.e. the one on the left. Your Megaraptor's first attack (I assume a bite) hits, although the troll just laughs at you. The troll flares, and your Megaraptor takes fire damage.

[roll20] Fire Damage

DM: Everybody
Monster's turn comes once I've got a confirmation about whether Toptomcat and the enemy Bard are dead or alive.

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-30, 08:01 AM
Psssssst: One action provokes only one AoO per enemy (Unless a feat specifically grants more a-la holdtheline/robilars+karmic). He'll take 2 hits, not 10. Even Combat Reflexes doesn't overcome that limit.

Roc Ness
2010-12-30, 06:34 PM
Psssssst: One action provokes only one AoO per enemy (Unless a feat specifically grants more a-la holdtheline/robilars+karmic). He'll take 2 hits, not 10. Even Combat Reflexes doesn't overcome that limit.

Oh. But I thought moving through multiple squares... Never mind, I trust your judgement. Somebody else can have those.

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-30, 07:02 PM
Here's the ruletext:
If you have the Combat Reflexes feat you can add your Dexterity modifier to the number of attacks of opportunity you can make in a round. This feat does not let you make more than one attack for a given opportunity, but if the same opponent provokes two attacks of opportunity from you, you could make two separate attacks of opportunity (since each one represents a different opportunity). Moving out of more than one square threatened by the same opponent in the same round doesn't count as more than one opportunity for that opponent. All these attacks are at your full normal attack bonus.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/attacksOfOpportunity.htm

Actually a really really common error, cos this is the ONLY place it is mentioned ever.

Cadian 9th
2010-12-30, 07:11 PM
Woah, thanks TS, I actually didn't know that. I assumed that each square would provoke, but it's actually action based not...

Tsk. You're technically not supposed to read other threads, however.

Roc/TS:

AWESOME BLOW, -4 on attack roll to have a good chance of smashing them away and knocking them prone! It's like Stand still, but seriously more awesome. Do it!

term1nally s1ck
2010-12-30, 07:21 PM
Ehh, I'm probably going to DM rather than play anyway. I found an irl campaign starting at a slightly higher level which I can have my god-char for.

Roc Ness
2010-12-30, 08:01 PM
DM: Toptomcat
The bard is dead. And probably splattered all over the walls too, your call on that detail. You get 100gp for the kill.

Anias makes his psychic grapple attempt on the troll.
[roll0] Opposed Grapple

Anias's grapple doesn't take hold.

Logos hits the nearest troll (left) with lightning. The troll laughs it off.
[roll1] Reflex

DM: Master_Rahl
Devil 1 has nothing to grapple.

((Monster Turn to Come))

Roc Ness
2011-01-01, 11:49 PM
DM: Monster's Turn
The trolls' wounds heal up a bit, except for the wound inflicted by the Derish, and they giggle in a guttural way.

"'Oo wants to play golf?"

Without moving from his position, the troll on the left sizes up Jeremy Dodd. Then he wriggles into a comfortable stance, and swings his thin blade into Jeremy.

[roll0] Attack Roll
[roll1] Damage Roll
In addition, Jeremy must make a Reflex Save (DC 25) or be slammed into the wall at (7, 1) and take [roll2] Damage.

"'D rather play rugby."

The troll on the right walks into Devil 2, and doesn't stop. Bull Rush, No AoO, no avoiding.

[roll3] Strength Check.
Devil 2 must make an opposed Strength Check or be slammed into the wall behind (No change in Position) for [roll4]

Map:

{table]_|1_|2_|3_|4_|5_|6_|7_|8_|9_|10_
1||||||||D1|D1
2|||||||JD|D1|12|D2
3|||||||||D2|D2
4|||||T|T||T|T|
5|||||T|T||T|T|
6||||DE|MR|MR|MR|
7|||||MR|MR|MR|
8|||||MR|MR|MR|
9|
10|||||X|[/table]

Cadian 9th
2011-01-13, 03:38 AM
...Buumpity bumpity. What's going on here?

Master_Rahl22
2011-01-13, 09:20 AM
This was moving so slowly most likely people have forgotten about it. I'll try to get a turn up today.

Roc Ness
2011-01-14, 04:35 AM
I was going to reply with "Deaditty deaditty", but I see Master Rahl shows signs of life. :smallwink:

Yeah, it was going slow. I had trouble figuring out where all the trolls' abilities come from and what they do.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-14, 06:43 PM
IM me and we'll work it over with you. My notes are admittedly hard to understand :smalltongue:

Master_Rahl22
2011-01-23, 11:44 PM
I keep forgetting about this after not seeing it in subscribed threads for a while. We going to call it dead?

Cadian 9th
2011-01-23, 11:48 PM
See how Roc's up to it. If not, I can take over. I think Roc just forgot to work it out/forgot in general :smallconfused:

Master_Rahl22
2011-01-24, 08:26 AM
Yeah, but nobody else in the group has posted since 12-23. I'm fine to continue if that means we'll actually continue, but otherwise we should call it or get replacements or something.

Cadian 9th
2011-01-24, 08:55 PM
Okay, I'll conscript commandeer some of the waiting players in the waiting room, then we'll start from the beggining, how does that sound?

Master_Rahl22
2011-01-24, 09:55 PM
I'm cool with that, I really want to see how my character plays and we had 1 whole round of combat so far. :smallamused:

Cadian 9th
2011-01-24, 11:01 PM
Alright, put the notice up in the Recruitment thread. You'll get a party soon, I promise.

Roc Ness
2011-01-28, 07:53 AM
See how Roc's up to it. If not, I can take over. I think Roc just forgot to work it out/forgot in general :smallconfused:

Wrong. :smalltongue:

I've been having internet problems. That's why I've been away for, what, I think it was... 4, 5 days?

Before that I've been waiting for some opposed checks (I suppose I'll roll those from now on). But given only Master Rahl showed up I suppose I should've moved on earlier.