PDA

View Full Version : Starting Gold for Monster Classes

Laurellien
2010-11-04, 06:20 AM
Hi everybody,

I was creating a character for a new campaign, and I decided to use the savage progression of monster classes from Savage Species (it essentially makes high ECL monsters playable by turning them into classes), and I was wondering, does anybody know what the starting gold is for monster characters starting at level 1?

I'm thinking of playing a celestial of some sort, and would appreciate the know-how.

HunterOfJello
2010-11-04, 06:38 AM
Since Savage Species was made to make level progressing versions of monster races, they deserve equal Wealth By Level.

A level 1 Pixie should get WBL for a 1st level character.

Darkfire
2010-11-04, 07:03 AM
A level 1 Pixie should get WBL for a 1st level character.
WBL for a 1st level character is dependent on class and Savage Species doesn't tell you which class you should use hence the question.

Unless there's something in the errata, I'd be tempted to try and match it to one of the base classes based on (in order of priority) whether it progresses casting, casting stat, BAB and then skill points/HD. For example, the Trumpet Archon (SS p200) gives Cleric casting @ HD+2 levels from 2nd level onwards so I'd go with Cleric starting gold.

DarkEternal
2010-11-04, 07:20 AM
WBL for a 1st level character is dependent on class and Savage Species doesn't tell you which class you should use hence the question.

Unless there's something in the errata, I'd be tempted to try and match it to one of the base classes based on (in order of priority) whether it progresses casting, casting stat, BAB and then skill points/HD. For example, the Trumpet Archon (SS p200) gives Cleric casting @ HD+2 levels from 2nd level onwards so I'd go with Cleric starting gold.

That's good. I would go down the same route. If you play a half ogre or something, I'd give it barbarian's starting gold and so on.