PDA

View Full Version : Justania?

Hopeless
2010-11-04, 03:50 PM
Apparently conquered last year has Justania been mentioned before this?

silas the monk
2010-11-04, 05:15 PM
#680 implied that the kingdom was previously called Tyrinaria. Of course the borders were probably different so EoB could include large chunks of both.

Kish
2010-11-04, 05:20 PM
680 implied that one of the many shifting-name kingdoms in the area used to be named Tyrinaria. Nothing about the Empire of Blood or its direct precursors.

Felhammer
2010-11-05, 12:18 AM
Most of the Western Continent's Kingdoms follow a fairly strict theme when it comes to names. Justinia seems out of place. I wonder what it is a reference to.

Maximum Zersk
2010-11-05, 12:33 AM
Most of the Western Continent's Kingdoms follow a fairly strict theme when it comes to names. Justinia seems out of place. I wonder what it is a reference to.

Justinia. See?

Felhammer
2010-11-05, 12:51 AM
Justinia. See?

Oh... OH!

I was trying to find a way to link it to the name Justinian... :smallredface:

Ender Wigin
2010-11-05, 01:00 AM
I'm not sure why, but that makes me think of somewhere, anywhere, nowhere, and somplace else.

Ancalagon
2010-11-05, 08:36 AM
I was trying to find a way to link it to the name Justinian... :smallredface:

... which is 100% the correct thought. It's far from a coincidence that "Justinian" (the name of a roman emperor around the year 500) resembles the latin word "iustitia", which became the english word justice.

theMycon
2010-11-05, 09:08 AM
Justinia. See?

My brain simultaneously separated it two ways: "Just" ania- like Justice, and
"Just ani a", like "just anywhere".

It'd be more thematic that they took over somewhere considering itself justice. It'd be more likely (given the local political climate) that someone declared a no-man's-land it's own kingdom and called it "just anywhere"

silas the monk
2010-11-05, 02:06 PM
Actually I just realized there is a clue in the timeline. The foundation of the empire was to years ago. The onquest of Justinia was one year ago. So EoB was not just a simple replacement.

#680 indeed does not mention EoB but it might well have done had Hayley not become distracted. I am so attached to theory that EoB was built upon Tyrinaria that I sort of forgot it was not proven.