PDA

View Full Version : jade pheonix mage build

marius\tobius
2010-11-04, 06:25 PM
i am playing in epic lvl but i find it hard to balance this character. i want him to have full lvles in jade pheonix but i cant figure out whether to put more more lvls in the spellcaster side or the swordsage side

Amphetryon
2010-11-04, 06:27 PM
i am playing in epic lvl but i find it hard to balance this character. i want him to have full lvles in jade pheonix but i cant figure out whether to put more more lvls in the spellcaster side or the swordsage side

The more you share about the character in general, the more we can offer useful input.

:smallsmile:

Escheton
2010-11-04, 07:08 PM
Why swordsage? Almost all swordsage things can be done with spells.
I take it you then took feats to have the crusaderdiscipline maneuvers?
Doing that has you better off as warblade as you can then do the massive healing strikes every other turn as their recoverymechanism is awesome.

If you really want swordsageness because you like it, I suggest warblade 1, wizard or sorc untill JFM, then sprinkle in swordsage at lvls the maneuvers would have the best benefit.

Keep in mind that to get the 17 or 18 arcane casterlvls needed for 9th lvl spells you would prolly have to minimise non-casterclasses. Though using sublime chord to advance casting is always a neat trick.
But yeah, more info would be great.