PDA

View Full Version : New Campain New Start

Boren
2010-11-04, 06:32 PM
Ok....so my DM just announced the next campaign and told us to start thinking about characters for it. Here is the general plot:
The blood war has finally moved from law vs chaos to good vs evil and the armies of the abyss are marching on the celestial realms.
Our place in this world:
Several anonymous members of the infernal hierarchy have some concerns that this shift might endanger there plans, agendas, useful lifespans...you know minor details like that.
Our Existence: We are a group of mercs hired by said members to set things right. Long term contract and we start small but our job is to disrupt the efforts of the abyss in its invasion of the heavens.
Bonus Objective: Do as much damage to the celestial realms as possible; after all the perfect outcome would be if no one won this little cosmic scrap.

Now my question to the playground: I've gotten it in my to play a Archivist/ Wizard/ True Necromancer this idea has a few challenges to it.
True Necro requires having the death domain Archivists don't get domains I need a feat or some other such that can provide this.
True Necro also requires the ability to rebuke undead something this build also lacks without a slice of cheddar pulled out of somewhere.
Now I remember seeing a true necro build that was pure wizard (why I'm not sure) but it was able to make all the requirements with only wizard levels so I know this is possible; what I don't remember is where I saw that and what and where the feats were that it used.
Suggestions also welcome if you have an idea that you think could improve this while still keeping the basic flavor of the idea I just outlined. Also any early entry ideas are likewise welcome. Just keep in mind that I'm looking to add a few bits of cheddar on top of an apple pie not making cheese fondue. :smallwink: