PDA

View Full Version : avatar earthbender prc help!

SamsDisciple
2010-11-04, 07:09 PM
I am currently playing an earthbender from the avatar d20 system in a highpowered d&d 3.5 campaign. The class is similar to a caster but instead of spells per day it is skill based supernatural abilities that you learn at a warlocks invocation rate. I will post the link to the system later for those curious but I am looking for help creating a prestige class that focuses on being like a true caster. The base class has high hd, martial weapon proficiency, medium BAB, and some skill based casting. So what is worth losing hd, BAB, and other class features? Metamagic like abilities? Increased power in abilities? Increased save dc? Focus on specific abilities?

Hyooz
2010-11-04, 08:09 PM
Being more like a caster, hm? It might help if you went into more detail about what you want this class to do more exactly, but to begin with I'd say an accelerated Seed rate would be in order (the more seeds you know, the more versatile you are), probably a boost to your Bending skill to reflect your increased bending focus, and possibly some unique seeds. Decreased augment costs?

Metamagic probably won't work too well with the Avatar system, that's mostly what augmenting is for. Throw boosted DCs and the chance to focus on certain seeds with the stuff I mentioned above, and you've got yourself a pretty solid class, I think.

PS: I found a Dai Li Agent PrC on another site that might help draw inspiration from. There's also a more caster-y waterbender PrC, so I'll link that too. Maybe they'll help.

Dai Li Agent (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/dailiagent)
Disciple of the Healing Waters (http://sites.google.com/site/avatard20/discipleofthehealingwaters)

SamsDisciple
2010-11-05, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the links I found those too but neither really grabbed my attention. I am also grateful for the suggestions. My dm and I already created a prestige class called "the master of neutral jing" that focuses on using bending as AoO and also quickening. This post is to see what other ideas people might have and how to continue my character into epic levels